Options

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oops I already did.

and on that I'm out. hope to be back later, if this hotel room has internet access as they seem to want me to think they do.

(nothing exciting... little something we in this part of America call the Jersey Shore. It's an offensive and disgusting mess, but it's our offensive and disgusting mess.)

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Low Key wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    yes, two... they've done The Humans Are Dead and Boom (as far as songs), and a few others that I hadn't heard before. I think there were four songs the first week, and 2 the second.

a friend of mine is telling me he loves the show, and I really didn't expect him to so I was all excited that he had good taste on something... and then I mention one of the songs and he says "Oh, I fast forward through the songs".

... Is he sick in the head?

he must be. I don't even understand what he could mean. or that he somehow thought the entire point of the show was something besides the songs.

not that the show isn't great by itself. some fantastic dry awkward humor going on there. and as I said the other day, absolutely my favorite parody music writing ever. they capture styles really well, the 80s style song in the second episode is outstanding.

edit - seriously gone this time. later.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Low Key wrote: »
    Haha that is one of my favourite jokes.

I wanna tell her how hot she is but she'll think I'm sexist.

She's so hot she's making me sexist

Bitch

Mainly it's because they say suxist every time.

Yeah, that scene got me Coke in my nose. :lol:

Have fun, Var!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    DËTHKÖK wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    DËTHKÖK wrote: »
    My dad has exactly two hobbies. Cooking, and playing WoW. Every hour that he is not working, he is doing one of those two things.

Wait, make that three hobbies: he hates conservatives.
    When did your mom abandon y'all?
    My mom's still here, she's just busy working. On a good day, she gets home at 6-7, eats dinner, then goes to watch T.V in her room. My dad and I watch netflix movies with her on a fairly regular basis (although he's on his laptop playing WoW while we are doing so), and I watch some T.V with her, such as house.

Eddy: My dad finds the whole social situation in WoW awkward as a 49 year old man. One time a friend of my brother mistook my Dad for my brother. Hilarity ensued.
    Your mom and your dad have separate bedrooms?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I wish it weren't summer. Even that early, there'll probably be plenty of kids.
    More cinemas need 18 and over only screens, possibly they could serve compulsory shots at the door or something to make sure it is actually enforced. Nothing is worse than trying to watch a film when there are half a dozen fourteen year olds in there with you just chatting.

Given the nature of the movie, I'm more concerned about 3-to-10-year-olds.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My dad has exactly two hobbies. Cooking, and playing WoW. Every hour that he is not working, he is doing one of those two things.

Wait, make that three hobbies: he hates conservatives.
    When did your mom abandon y'all?
    My mom's still here, she's just busy working. On a good day, she gets home at 6-7, eats dinner, then goes to watch T.V in her room. My dad and I watch netflix movies with her on a fairly regular basis (although he's on his laptop playing WoW while we are doing so), and I watch some T.V with her, such as house.

Eddy: My dad finds the whole social situation in WoW awkward as a 49 year old man. One time a friend of my brother mistook my Dad for my brother. Hilarity ensued.
    Your mom and your dad have separate bedrooms?

Personally, if only one of my parents is going to go do something in the master bedroom, I just say his/her bedroom, depending on which it is. But that's just me, our expirerooster friend may in fact have parents with separate bedrooms.

yalborap on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've heard it keeps the 'mystery fresh'.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The iPhone thread in G&T is like a PS3 thread, with people whining about how other people spend money.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The iPhone thread in G&T is like a PS3 thread, with people whining about how other people spend money.

Meh.

Anybody who gets an iPhone at this juncture is either stupid or rich, as far as I'm concerned.

...sort of like the PS3, actually, although I think there's somewhat more justification for spending $600 on a game system than on a fucking cellphone.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    It's pretty great considering how much useless shit the G&Ters probably buy.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also, it's kind of cool having Gus here with me at work.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That is pretty cool. I hope he'll not try to mark the other desks. ;-)

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

He's just hiding under mine and whining.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My god Dyna, did you . . . did you go blind?

But that would be fun to have my dog around . . . who is actually back home with my parents and getting on in years.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My roomie's best friend gets to take her dog to work every day! It's gotten to the point where her coworkers love the dog and spoil it so much, they really wouldn't care if she showed up. She could just drop the dog off for the day and head back to bed, I think.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Aww, why's he whining?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Aww, why's he whining?
    Because Dyna's feet smell.

Yar on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    :lol:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Aww, why's he whining?
    New area, he's nervous, he wants more attention, such as one of the dog biscuits I brought in with me. He's settling down.

And Andrew_Jay, my apartment is being fumigated or whatever by the management and I didn't feel like paying for a kennel or finding someone to look after him today, so here he is.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan, at your service.

<3 futurama, the new dvd movies or whatever they're cooking can't come out fast enough.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    My roomie's best friend gets to take her dog to work every day! It's gotten to the point where her coworkers love the dog and spoil it so much, they really wouldn't care if she showed up. She could just drop the dog off for the day and head back to bed, I think.

Brilliant!

yalborap on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I'll be staying away from that HIV thread. A 25% infraction rate is only funny when it happens to other people.

Also, I don't have much to say about it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Two were only warnings. And if what's acceptable conduct isn't clear from the post contents, I'm not sure what to say.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Raakam wrote: »

<3 futurama, the new dvd movies or whatever they're cooking can't come out fast enough.
    Is it coming out at all? I mean, there's been rumours about it going around for years now.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    New episodes were reported multiple places, and they're due in '08 on Comedy Central.

I just hope it doesn't go the Family Guy route. It's sort of bittersweet - Futurama ended perfectly with the opera episode (easily my favorite) so there's huge potential for it to just suck. I keep hoping Groening doesn't fuck it up.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Raakam wrote: »

Is it coming out at all? I mean, there's been rumours about it going around for years now.

2008, last time I read something about it.

Edit: Ayup, see?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think I just upset my mother. First thing she says to me whe I get up in the morning is "why are you so lazy?! Get out of bed for christ sake!" and then "You better be up ready and showered before you're brother gets home."

Not really that bad of course accept that she does this every single morning minus the brother part. Even though it's summer and i've been doing everything she asks me to every day. She's been shouting at me that i'm lazy and need to look for a job even though i've applied for at least two jobs pretty much every day i've been home. (I come home from my Uni exams later than other Uni students so it's normally a little bit more of a bastard to get a job.)

So... I ended up saying "i'm beginning to dislike you." I feel harsh about it but she's said worse to me in the past , and then she looks at me like i've just told her that I killed a man or something and starts a massive arguement that i'm really not awake enough to be involved in.

I never know how to act around that woman even though she'll try to start an arguement with me at any chance she gets I just can't stop myself arguing back even though she's been doing it since I was about six.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've learned not to argue with my parents. Just sit back and let them talk, nod along and contribute the occasional "yes... un-hun... you're right... yeah...". It'll be over sooner that way, then I can go and do whatever I want anyway.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »

Brilliant!

My roomie is super-jealous. She really wishes she could take her dog to work every day. I think it would be kind of neat, too. Except, then I remember that Toby's afraid of everything and think it's a good idea he stays at home.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    That's what I should do, but I just can't seem to help myself. After years of me agreeing with whatever she says as if it's gospel and letting her tell me what to do and that i'm crap at everything and lazy i've just come to a point where I can stand up to myself. I think I may have even gotten worse with arguing back since I started doing it when I was about seventeen. The one line she brings out every now and then which really gets me and she knows to use if i'm not arguing back is "you're brothers were never like this" or "you're brothers didn't act like that/ do badly at that/ do that"

I'm doing an Oboro and venting I kow but she's just shouted at me then gone to walk the dog acting as if anything that's gone wrong in the world is my fault. I really have no idea any more.

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Move out?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, I'll be staying away from that HIV thread. A 25% infraction rate is only funny when it happens to other people.

Clearly my quip wasn't funny enough.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Trying to make a witty comment and failing is a yellow-card offence. I mean, read the rules. We're serious about one-liners here.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Trying to make a witty comment and failing is a yellow-card offence. I mean, read the rules. We're serious about one-liners here.
    That's not what your mom said last night.

Edit: Wait

ah shit

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Move out?

I'm only living at home for the summer break from Uni and I think she'd get really really upset if I refused to live at home for the summer break.

Johannen on
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Move out?

I'm only living at home for the summer break from Uni and I think she'd get really really upset if I refused to live at home for the summer break.

I stayed at college the summers after my junior and senior year. This was among the best decisions I have ever made; plus, since a lot of people do go home, it's easier to get a job on/around campus. Or so I've found.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Half Life 2 was pretty short and didn't really seem to bear much relation to the original. It was fun, but the lack of plot bugged me.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Move out?

You could always 'just happen' to take a summer course or something. That'd more or less cut down your time at home from break to 1 month instead of 3.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

That's not what your mom said last night.

Edit: Wait

ah shit
    yellowCard.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Move out?

I stayed at college the summers after my junior and senior year. This was among the best decisions I have ever made; plus, since a lot of people do go home, it's easier to get a job on/around campus. Or so I've found.
    Yeah going home is for suckers.

The Green Eyed Monster on
This discussion has been closed.