Options

Omegathon Games

• Options
    a714generationa714generation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What a shame--I had been meaning to ask you how it went this weekend. I've had problems finding FFA games that will match the probable conditions of the Omegathon match. Was looking forward to jumping in this weekend, but I got caught up with other things.

a714generation on
    The Weekend Gamer--All about gaming culture, living among non-gamers, and growing up in the nintendo generation

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    Tony_BTony_B Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Go figure my Quake 3 isn't working either. It looks like the disk is too damaged to do a full install, would I still be able to join the server with a minimal installation?

Tony_B on
    PhotoshopHeroescopy-1.gif
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't get the puzzlequest demo to work on my comp. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    How is it not working? Is the program not responding?

Tony_B on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I click the install file and it claims that it's not there

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    hmmm...

What operating system are you using, and what program are you using to unzip the file?

Tony_B on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I have windows XP. And it's after it's zipped that it tells me it's not there to work.

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Here is the setup app pre-extracted and it didn't give me any errors when I tried to install it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45041110/PuzzleQuestDemoSetup.exe.html

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I got the same error message with that one too TNT. It says "No desktop settings have been found with which this game can run" Grrr. thanks for tryin to help me though

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Hey has everybody forgotten to speculate on the final round this year? PAX is getting closer and I haven't heard any really interesting speculations in a while.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    jay427jay427 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How about.....open with Jenga, close with Wii Jenga :)

jay427 on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How do you sign up for the omegathon?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You don't. The Omegathon is comprised of 19 randomly preselected people chosen from the pool of pre-registrants at the time of choosing and the runner-up from the previous year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Personally, I think since we've got board, portable, xbox, ps3, and PC all covered, I think the last round will be a wii game. Either that or sticking to the retro formula.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You left out a physical game. Never underestimate the crowd-pleasing potential of a Bat'leth duel.

I didn't think of that one. I'll have to practice my Bat'leth skills.

majin23x on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Final game....final game....final game.....

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm gonna toss my hat in the ring and say Chess.

Or Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Okay, I'm officially throwing in my votes for either Street Fighter II or Mario Bros. (possibly Battle Mode from Super Mario Bros. 3, most likely on the Super Mario All Stars Cartridge for the SNES).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Riggz13Riggz13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pie eating contest. Otherwise Street Fighter II seems like the smart bet, or it could be PacMan because now no one expects it.

Riggz13 on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hope it's Bomberman 64.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm thinking they will stay a little more retro for the final, although Street Fighter II seems to be the popular choice lately. It's pretty retro now a days, but they can still pick from a ton of old Atari, Arcade, and NES titles. I'm pulling for Starcraft personally, but I know that will never happen. It's not exactly a fast paced way to finish off PAX.

Oh, in case anyone is interested, here is another comic about the Omegathon.

http://www.mondaynightcrew.com/comic.html

Anyone else feel this way? :lol:

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    POGs. POGs would rock. Provide slammers and POGs and have them just throw down in the final round! I can't imagine that being less than awesome.

Officer on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ooo... what about this, There is something at the top of the Space Needle that they need to get and the first one to bring it back is the winner. They could have two camera crews following both of the finalists to see what they do.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    StealthStealth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SNES Mario Kart is my guess... It's super nintendo, it's old skool, and it's sweet to watch!

Stealth on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Final game speculation?

Nintendo World Championship '90.

Okay, maybe not.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm more bummed that the keynote butts right up to, and is in the same room as, PA panel #1. I doubt Jenga will take the full hour, but I'm worried about getting into the first panel, since I'm assuming most people will just sit tight in their chairs after the keynote. Hopefully they can pull some strings for any omeganauts who want to go. Then again, building that 45 level tower can take some time. ;-)

a714generation on
    The Weekend Gamer--All about gaming culture, living among non-gamers, and growing up in the nintendo generation

• Options
    zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm more bummed that the keynote butts right up to, and is in the same room as, PA panel #1. I doubt Jenga will take the full hour, but I'm worried about getting into the first panel, since I'm assuming most people will just sit tight in their chairs after the keynote. Hopefully they can pull some strings for any omeganauts who want to go. Then again, building that 45 level tower can take some time. ;-)

Dude, you're an omeganaut. You get to cut in line and sneak in anywhere. :) Don't sweat it.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • Options
    StealthStealth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lol, yeah, must suck to be one of the Omeganaughts. That's why I registered late, so I wouldn't have to put up with the hassle of being on a schedule or play to win crazy prizes :P

Stealth on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I doubt we can can get in *anywhere*, but I know what you mean. ;)

I know that we'll have some perks, but I didn't want to assume that just because I was lucky enough to get selected that I could cut in front of folks that had dutifully waited to get into one of the more popular panels. It'll be a crazy time, with PAX having just been opened for a few hours. Anywho, just glad to be hanging out with all of you. Few more days and all the waiting will be over!

a714generation on

• Options
    edited August 2007
    ...so. Did ya'll catch that they scheduled Round 1 / Jenga during Wil Wheaton's Keynote Speech?

Yeah. All us Omeganauts will miss it, as will everyone who wants the "went to all 5 events" thingy.

:(

I hadn't noticed that...
    The announcement of Wil Wheaton is the final straw that got me to sign up for the convention. Now I don't get to see it.

This makes me a saaaaaaad panda.

majin23x on
  • Options
    wetzelcoatlwetzelcoatl Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    majin23x wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed that...
    The announcement of Wil Wheaton is the final straw that got me to sign up for the convention. Now I don't get to see it.

you should just skip the first round, i mean who cares about the omegathon, in fact i think all other omeganaughts should skip the first round and go the the keynote, i'll tell you guys how jenga goes.

wetzelcoatl on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    majin23x wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed that...

you should just skip the first round, i mean who cares about the omegathon, in fact i think all other omeganaughts should skip the first round and go the the keynote, i'll tell you guys how jenga goes.

I'll hang around with Wetzel. At least you get an automatic invite to next years Omegathon after dropping the tower this year. :P

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    And the Omeganaut smack-talking begins

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Riggz13Riggz13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

I hope that's the final round. I've got mad skillz at running my mouth.

Riggz13 on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Riggz13 wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

I hope that's the final round. I've got mad skillz at running my mouth.

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060413.html

Last panel in that comic just keeps coming to my mind when I read this.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would so be talking smack right now... but I'm not Dave... but I do think I've practiced more Omegathon games then he has though... What's the rule if the omeganaut isn't able to participate in the games due to a pair of "accidentally" broken hands?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We were just thinking earlier today how awesome it would be if the final round was....... Simon.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One loud person: THE NEXT ONE IS BLUE!!!
    A thousand others: Shhhhhhhhh

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay, I'll put in my guess too. Puzzle Fighter HD remix. I know it's not out yet but maybe they're trying to pull "The Wizard" on us. :D

phamtq on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    phamtq wrote: »
    Okay, I'll put in my guess too. Puzzle Fighter HD remix. I know it's not out yet but maybe they're trying to pull "The Wizard" on us. :D
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Final game speculation?

Nintendo World Championship '90.
    They could pull "The Wizard" on us. It'd be pretty epic.

Yeah, it's such a temptation, but I think they'll still go retro. They cultivate a similar air of mystery by not telling us so that we're unpracticed anyway.

At the risk of revealing too much about my own Omegathon "training", I thought I'd post here and point over to my blog the Weekend Gamer. I just wrote a post about my experience with some of the omegathon games. Hopefully you guys have had similar good times and can relate to this or even just the excitement of the upcoming PAX weekend. Heck, Moe saw the Ball the other day! Here's the link to the PAX related post:

PAX preparations

a714generation on

This discussion has been closed.