As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [chat] just got real!

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I just learned that the girl I like is having problems with her boyfriend. How awesome is that? :D

It may or may not be awesome... it is, however, very convenient.

(My italics may be misleading--Ganbale yo!!!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, how come so much fuss about this Prince CD giveaway thing with the Mail on Sunday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6899478.stm

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    japan wrote: »
    Saburbia wrote: »
    The sexing he does very secretly I guess.
    He's like a ninja of sex. He goes in, does his buniess swiftly, and is out before anyone noticed he was there in the first place.

None shall know my secrets.

EDIT: Jesus, this is what happens when I go to the living room for fifteen minutes?

Better not tell your girlfriend about this thread.

Oh, she'll see it. I just had a conversation (the reason I wasn't here for a little while) that started with "Oh, by the way, I'm talking about you to random internet people. You don't mind, do you?".

Since she gets up much earlier than I do (plus, I'll be hungover), she'll probably just search for my most recent posts.

EDIT: related: more whisky, or Tennents Lager?

You're long-gone to bed, likely, but whiskey is the answer... Canadian Whiskey (rye whiskey) if you can swing it!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Mornin' [chat]ters.

Water is drinkable from the tap here, I feel sorry for people with poisonous water.

You've never drunk the water in Middlesbrough then?

Nope.

is there somethin' in the water where you come from
    do they sing it on the corner where you come from
    ?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    God damnit, Saturday night... and none of my roommate want to drink or do anything.

If this keeps up, I'm gonna have to hit the rye solo. And hard.

Are they... are they not Canadian, by any chance? That is the only way that makes sense.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    LaOs wrote: »

You're long-gone to bed, likely, but whiskey is the answer... Canadian Whiskey (rye whiskey) if you can swing it!!

His highness is in the process of being told to get his ass out of bed 'cos we're going for lunch in a couple of hours.

To answer your question, from the detritus I see before me, looks like he went for a Tennants instead of more whisky (though he may have had more whisky and then a tennants)

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, how come so much fuss about this Prince CD giveaway thing with the Mail on Sunday?

Record companies don't like not making money. It beggars belief, I know.

I am possibly entirely a little too drunk.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Alcohol tends to cause problems with me. Usually when I drink a lot, then in my stupid assed state decide to smoke weed.

weed and alcohol is a terrible mix

I would like to have mood altering drugs.

I just have Vodka.

Did you send Beyond the Sword, though? :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    The sexing he does very secretly I guess.
    He's like a ninja of sex. He goes in, does his buniess swiftly, and is out before anyone noticed he was there in the first place.

None shall know my secrets.

EDIT: Jesus, this is what happens when I go to the living room for fifteen minutes?

Better not tell your girlfriend about this thread.

Oh, she'll see it. I just had a conversation (the reason I wasn't here for a little while) that started with "Oh, by the way, I'm talking about you to random internet people. You don't mind, do you?".

Since she gets up much earlier than I do (plus, I'll be hungover), she'll probably just search for my most recent posts.

Yep, she did :D

WIN!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »

Record companies don't like not making money. It beggars belief, I know.

I am possibly entirely a little too drunk.

I suppose. My thinking was that if he didn't want to sell it in the shops (or "get it out to his fans for free") he could of always gone for a free download thing or some other form of giveaway. Just wondering what's so "evil" about doing it through a paper (except that it's giving money to the bloody Mail of Sunday)?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Hacksaw is sitting right behind me as we speak.

We just finished up cuddling softly and whispering sweet nothings.

Fix'd!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

His highness is in the process of being told to get his ass out of bed 'cos we're going for lunch in a couple of hours.

To answer your question, from the detritus I see before me, looks like he went for a Tennants instead of more whisky (though he may have had more whisky and then a tennants)

I saw the picture of a neato yellow can. That seemed like a good enouhg choice at the time. I would recommend the rye-whiskey, though. It might also be called Canadian Whiskey where you are... most of our whiskey is assumed to be rye-based. Lots of American whiskey can be Sour Mash, Corn-based (bourbon), or other stuff (I knew more specifics but am too tired to bother with them right now).

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I saw the picture of a neato yellow can. That seemed like a good enouhg choice at the time. I would recommend the rye-whiskey, though. It might also be called Canadian Whiskey where you are... most of our whiskey is assumed to be rye-based. Lots of American whiskey can be Sour Mash, Corn-based (bourbon), or other stuff (I knew more specifics but am too tired to bother with them right now).

But we live in Scotland, home of the whisky! (Especially the really good peat-y island stuff :) )

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

But we live in Scotland, home of the whisky! (Especially the really good peat-y island stuff :) )

BUT it's not Canadian Whiskey, which is based off rye, for the most part. Irish, Scottish, American, etc. whiskeys are all different in the grain they use. Your is usually just called Scotch... as in, Scotch Whiskey. Ours is Rye or Canadian Whiskey. The Americans have Sour Mash or Corn-Whiskey (Bourbon) as well as one or two others that I can't remember...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Damnitt!! I think I ate some smokies that were a bit old sitting in my fridge. My mouth tastes kind of warm, and my throat is making an appearance. I just want to go to bed, but if I'm going to throw up, I want to do it while I'm aware of what I'm doing... Dinger!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, there's this girl I'm been talking on the phone with a lot recently who will be going to the same college as me (starts in 39 days) and it seems like, based on the vibe between us, that us going out once we get there is a definite possibility.

But I had the weirdest experience today, because I was talking to her and she started talking about Tesla and how he had come with some free energy device and that he had sent a beam of energy somewhere but it missed and made a crater in Russia? And she was spouting all kinds of weird paranoid conspiracy theory stuff? And I'm thinking "what in the fuck, I don't believe this for a goddamn moment." And it just grated on me intensely.

And then later (she's doing some workshop thing with her mom about life goals and such?) she was doing this exercise where she describes her ideal day of work and ideal day of play. And I kind of just realized how intensely different the things that she values are, and it was just like hmm... this is not going to work very well at all. I kind of assuaged some of my worry in my head by pointing out that she's young and not set in stone and things rapidly change freshman year of college, but I'm not sure.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fuck and chuck??

Seriously, though, not every girl you become involved with has to be a totally serious relationship++. It's all right to mess around, have fun, and be young/irresponsible. Try not to be an ass, but you don't have to make the best/most out of every encounter.

LaOs on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fuck and chuck??

Seriously, though, not every girl you become involved with has to be a totally serious relationship++. It's all right to mess around, have fun, and be young/irresponsible. Try not to be an ass, but you don't have to make the best/most out of every encounter.

Well, I know, but if I want to be with this girl, it's gonna probably have to be a serious relationship, because she doesn't really want to "mess around" at all.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, you seem to know how you would react to being in any sort of long-term relationship with this woman... so, instead of giving into your carnal desires and such, don't waste each others' time and tell her that you don't want to date her. It sounds to me that you don't, really. You're attracted to her and see you could have something with her, but you also seem to be aware that anything you have with her would decidedly not fit into the casual category, and since it would be more serious, her beliefs and ideas would have more sway/influence, and you're not down with them.

Bit the bullet, call it off, and don't lead you or her on. If I've interpreted you correctly. College will have plenty of women, especially if you're not sexually repressed and socially inert. (Just saying...)

LaOs on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    HELLO TFS

t r_p~ Did you tell her that you disagree with her opinions? I mean, I've had some weird views in the past, but when people called me out on it and had convincing arguments, I just had to agree with them.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Man, everybody is asleep and I am awfully bored

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yep.:P

Also, Scotch Whisky. Some of The Famous Grouse that my old job gave me as a leaving present.

japan on
  • Options
    BingoBingo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »
    What the fuck is sparkling water? Like perier? Probably spelt that wrong

Like the stuff that comes out of your tap in the kitchen. It's carbonated and tastes like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, or orange, depending on what you set it to.

My sister used to live in this place that had a natural spring like, 500 yards away and instead of being connected to the usual grid, they had a connection to this spring. Their tap water was the equivalent of evian/perrier, etc. Heck, their BATHWATER was mineral water. Was awesome visiting cos what came out of the taps was what many people pay for in plastic bottles.

Bingo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Doing fine, TFS, how are you?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ah, that shmucks.

I'll be of the working force tomorrow, work starts at 8. I have gotten up at 9 for the past two weeks. :cry:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bingo wrote: »
    Like the stuff that comes out of your tap in the kitchen. It's carbonated and tastes like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, or orange, depending on what you set it to.
    Wait, what? Sparkling water isn't flavoured. That would make it soft drink.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hello TFS. I hope things are better than last time we talked?

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Today, I am truely a man.

21, whoo!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bingo wrote: »
    Wait, what? Sparkling water isn't flavoured. That would make it soft drink.

I'm actually the one who said that, and yes they have flavoured sparkling water. It tastes disgusting, but it exists.

James on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

21, whoo!

You just got laid by 21 chicks? At the same time?

Happy Birthday :P

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hello TFS. I hope things are better than last time we talked?
    They are by about 10 fold. It's nice to be in a relatively stable house for once.
    I still don't actually know what was going on, but that's good to hear.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

21, whoo!

Within months or even days, you will find that getting shitfaced for no reason every night is no longer all that fun.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »

21, whoo!

You just got laid by 21 chicks? At the same time?

Happy Birthday :P
    Sadly, I am pretty sure that would be horrible.

Edit: VC, I am not that kinda guy. I.E. I do not enjoy getting shitfaced.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Of course, I get very good tap water, so I'm sweet and I don't have to buy bottled water that costs more than gasoline.

My home town has the best ground water in the country, and I recall it ranking pretty damn high in international contests too.

Imagine that. A contest with water tasters.

Echo on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey TehSpectre, that chick from Reboot second from the right in your sig is totally pulling a sex-face.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.