As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Well holy shit

123457»

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking about joining the National Guard, but I really really don't want to go fight in Iraq. It's not that I am scared of getting shot at or that I can't take orders or any thing, it's just that I don't believe in what we are doing over there. If we were fighting a war that I had faith in I would not hesitate to go over there.

Plus I have Asthma.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    man I always fucking tell everyone this

fox hound always goes rogue and becomes the bad guys

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So the fuck what

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    Just don't join the goddamn Seabees. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. 50 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.

Haha, yeah, I don't think I would want to do that.

Just about the only thing keeping me from signing up for the Navy or Army right now is the time commitment, I don't really want to give up these "best years of my life"

the years that I am not doing anything with right now

hurght

Dude, don't join the military until you're 21. It really sucks to see all your friends go out and get wasted and pick up chicks while you fuck around in your barracks room all weekend. As far as I'm concerned, ages 18-21 are the exact years where young men should do nothing but whatever the fuck they please.

I just turned 21 in June.

I think I can wait a bit longer to go in, probably :P

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just don't join the goddamn Seabees. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. 50 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.

Just about the only thing keeping me from signing up for the Navy or Army right now is the time commitment, I don't really want to give up these "best years of my life"

hurght

Dude, don't join the military until you're 21. It really sucks to see all your friends go out and get wasted and pick up chicks while you fuck around in your barracks room all weekend. As far as I'm concerned, ages 18-21 are the exact years where young men should do nothing but whatever the fuck they please.

You wait as long as you feel like. Iraq will still be there in a year or two.

Shorty on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    I was thinking about joining the National Guard, but I really really don't want to go fight in Iraq. It's not that I am scared of getting shot at or that I can't take orders or any thing, it's just that I don't believe in what we are doing over there. If we were fighting a war that I had faith in I would not hesitate to go over there.

Plus I have Asthma.

Yeah, I have asthma too... and shitty eyesight.

Man, fuck my body.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So the fuck what

so snake is going to come and mess your shit up

mr little angry guy

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I used to have shitty eyesight and asthma

I got better

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.
    Hows Bleeding Death going?

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ha ha.

Awesome.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Raneados wrote: »

I got better

I didn't :(

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.
    Bleeding to Death? Dunno, I've been out of town. Still haven't even met any but one of the band members. So far I've only really agreed to be in the band.

The member i know likes ICP.

/wrists

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.

Eyesight doesn't matter for most jobs as long as it's correctable to 20/20. Asthma is the end though. If you tell them you have asthma, you're probably not getting into the military.

If it's not real bad, you can hide it. But you're not going to get treatment for it while you're in.

Also most jobs worth doing in the Army/Navy you're going to incur a 4-6 year enlistment, because of the length of the schools that you'd be attending. I had a 6 year initial enlistment, and I spent 2 years in schools and training before I ever got to a ship.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

hurght

You wait as long as you feel like. Iraq will still be there in a year or two.

Haha. True, true.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.
    Bleeding to Death? Dunno, I've been out of town. Still haven't even met any but one of the band members. So far I've only really agreed to be in the band.

/wrists
    get out now. ICP is the worst thing to happen to music ever

• Options
    edited July 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.

Eyesight doesn't matter for most jobs as long as it's correctable to 20/20. Asthma is the end though. If you tell them you have asthma, you're probably not getting into the military.

If it's not real bad, you can hide it. But you're not going to get treatment for it while you're in.

Also most jobs worth doing in the Army/Navy you're going to incur a 4-6 year enlistment, because of the length of the schools that you'd be attending. I had a 6 year initial enlistment, and I spent 2 years in schools and training before I ever got to a ship.

Damn.

Yeah, I talked to a Marine recruiter once and he said that the asthma would be a problem, but that they could probably work with me. I was hospitalized for it in November, but that was because I kept smoking cigarettes while I had a bout of bronchitis...

He also asked me if I had ever smoked marijuana. I was high at the time. :oops:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    get out now. ICP is the worst thing to happen ever

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »

I got better

I swear my body has a weird ability to heal itself like my life has the weird ability to correct itself

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    https://www.cia.gov/careers/cia-personality-quiz.html

And here I was expecting something fucking useful.

I told him that. Well, actually, I just said that ICP is the worst fucking band in the world. Several times.

Maybe it will help my vocals sound more of genuine hatred and bitter regret, in a sort of "I can't fucking believe I'm on stage with these guys" kind of way.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Damn.

Yeah, I talked to a Marine recruiter once and he said that the asthma would be a problem, but that they could probably work with me. I was hospitalized for it in November, but that was because I kept smoking cigarettes while I had a bout of bronchitis...

yeah, they'd 'work' with you, as in tell you to lie during your processing and say you never had asthma, ever.

basically though, if everyone was completely honest during their in-processing, there'd be practically no one in the military.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »

I got better

I swear my body has a weird ability to heal itself like my life has the weird ability to correct itself

Yeah, but you live in America, you traitor.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    https://www.cia.gov/careers/cia-personality-quiz.html

And here I was expecting something fucking useful.

I told him that. Well, actually, I just said that ICP is the worst fucking band in the world. Several times.

Maybe it will help my vocals sound more of genuine hatred and bitter regret, in a sort of "I can't fucking believe I'm on stage with these guys" kind of way.
    I've actually got a seccond band going here pretty soon. I'm excited. It's far far darker metal than my current metal.

• Options
    edited July 2007
    basically i am horribly unsuited for any career that sounds like it would be even remotely fulfilling to me

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    basically i am horribly unsuited for any career that sounds like it would be even remotely fulfilling to me

Be a garbage man.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Damn.

yeah, they'd 'work' with you, as in tell you to lie during your processing and say you never had asthma, ever.

basically though, if everyone was completely honest during their in-processing, there'd be practically no one in the military.

Heh, yeah, I figured they'd do something like that. The guy I was talking to wasn't one of the actual recruiters, he said, just a guy they had filling in for one. Pretty cool dude. When he asked me if I smoked I said "uhhh....." and then when he asked me when the last time was I said "uhhhhh" and then he said "okay let's just say you tried it once".

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    fallout just move to canada instead of joining the army

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Plus I have Asthma.

Man, fuck my body.

/wrists

I know they're a bunch of clowns (oh ho) but Fuck the World is a great fucking song.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Be a garbage man.

that would make disposal of the bodies easier......

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Be a garbage man.

that would make disposal of the bodies easier......

Oh shit. He's a murderer and now he's trying to hide from the law by joining the army.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    fallout just move to canada instead of joining the army

but it's cold up thurr

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    YOU WILL BE JACQUES FROM THE SOVIET UNION AND I WILL PLAY THE PART OF TERRY FROM CANADA AND WE ARE IN AN INTERNATIONAL TOILET

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think canada is in the twilight zone

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    damn so many of my day to day activities have ironic endings what's the deal

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    YOU WILL BE JACQUES FROM THE SOVIET UNION AND I WILL PLAY THE PART OF TERRY FROM CANADA AND WE ARE IN AN INTERNATIONAL TOILET

CAREFUL PLEASE

OW YOU'RE REALLY FUCKING MY MOUTH OW OW

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png