As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Great Moments in Chatlog History

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    All people with ((Mature RPer)) tagged in their profile cyber.

All of them.

This law is universal.

Additionally, often a person with this tag has a character background that involves rape or otherwise "R-rated" tragedy.

I regularely report people for shit like that.

But then, I'm an asshole who thinks the T rating should actually be enforced in your public profile, broadcast, local and team channel in public, etc.

What you do in your /tells, private channels, SG, or local inside your base ain't none of my business.

Just keep your yiffing on the down-low, please.

I actually have one character (well, 2 from the same concept) who's origin involves her getting raped. I'm vague about it in the bio though because "Hi I got raped!" is a uncomfortable way to introduce yourself.

Scooter on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

All of them.

This law is universal.

Additionally, often a person with this tag has a character background that involves rape or otherwise "R-rated" tragedy.

But then, I'm an asshole who thinks the T rating should actually be enforced in your public profile, broadcast, local and team channel in public, etc.

What you do in your /tells, private channels, SG, or local inside your base ain't none of my business.

I actually have one character (well, 2 from the same concept) who's origin involves her getting raped. I'm vague about it in the bio though because "Hi I got raped!" is a uncomfortable way to introduce yourself.

There is a difference between using that as like, a character tragedy (ala Veronica Mars) and using it as a point of sexual fetishism.

I certainly hope it's the former, not the latter, Scoots.

(I actually hate using rape as a point of character tragedy to make a female character stronger. It's such a lame, deceptive concept)

Pony on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    (I actually hate using rape as a point of character tragedy to make a female character stronger. It's such a lame, deceptive concept)

Could be interesting if someone tried this in pro comics with a male superhero.

Anyway, chatlogs.

willy.jpg

Those Willy pets are just asking for trouble....

riz on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    An old, old, one from Accault (Sinarch)

heh.jpg

Ha.
    I don't even know what that is suppose to mean.

I figured it was a Buffy reference?

Ha, yes!
    We would have been watching Buffy on DVD at that point.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

All of them.

This law is universal.

There is a difference between using that as like, a character tragedy (ala Veronica Mars) and using it as a point of sexual fetishism.

I certainly hope it's the former, not the latter, Scoots.

The story (which I'll put in spoilers, for people who don't care about my overly elaborate character bios) is
    One of my first characters was Sarah Jones, the Battle Medic (MC/Emp Controller). She was a completely pacifist, happy-go-lucky medic who didn't consider herself a hero, but only helped them. Until one mission in a 5th Column base, she was captured and the team she was with was driven off. For about 2 weeks she was kept prisoner, tortured, and yea, raped. Another team eventually rescued her but during her recovery she started experiencing multiple personalities (probably even more cliche than rape, but meh). The main new personality being Ms. Judgment, a Punisher-style vigilante who felt her previous pacifism had been a mistake in judgment, and now hunted down criminals, and especially Column, as an AR/Dev blaster.

My original concept was to have a personality for each AT; Judgment the vigilante, Lady Sting the ninja (or at least, thought she was a ninja), and a tanker of some sort, leading to a Defender with a "healed" personality and actual powers, rather than the others which were all-natural. Of course, with limited character slots I didn't actually make those, and actually ended up deleting Medic, so Judgment became the primary personality and now I've got a Thugs/Traps MM version of her as well.

BM0.jpg

Judge2.jpg

MsJudgment.JPG

Scooter on
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Of course the real reason for all of this is that Scoot doesn't like playing an Empathy Controller.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I applaud that as actually being creative, Scoots.

Also

Empathy controllers suck.

Pony on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well empathy controllers are alright because atleast you have something to do while you're busy not healing anyone ever.

Empathy defenders however...ugh...all I can say is never ever pair it with psy.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yea, at 28 BM was the highest alt I ever deleted, but no matter how much I loved the character concept, playing Empathy just plain sucked. And her def version probably would have been a emp/psi, so not surprising I never did that either.

Scooter on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Well empathy controllers are alright because atleast you have something to do while you're busy not healing anyone ever.

Psy is supposed to be a pretty decent set isn't it?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's improved some but it used to be terrible. Sable Spirit was a dark/psi before Kheldians came out, and she couldn't solo a mission full of greens.

Scooter on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I need to post my SG's chatlog about Fuckus Rumpus...

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know what's going on there.

For shame.

Tav on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gear Girl wrote: »

Empathy looked good on paper, until it became more and more common that my Blaster had two states of being: alive and dead. There was no in between, I was either at max health, or the enemy one-shot me into exp debt.

To that end, FF Defenders/Controllers were incredible. I think one of my favourite alts was a Radiation/FF controller, though Rad/Rad was pretty damn... awesome. (yes, I was going to say it)

I'd even go as far as saying that empathy wasn't a terrible controller secondary, but as a primary powerset, I just never liked it for my defender.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rad.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    rhymeux6.jpg

Come to think of it, it does!

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SabreMau wrote: »
    rhymeux6.jpg

Come to think of it, it does!

Boob is also used to describe someone when they do or say something stupid. I'm sure that's not what Bloodsnout was thinking of.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Empathy looked good on paper, until it became more and more common that my Blaster had two states of being: alive and dead. There was no in between, I was either at max health, or the enemy one-shot me into exp debt.

Well often now there is enough buffing or debuffing on the team that you rarely end up needing to seriously heal someone so you just end up using fortitude and recovery aura and regen aura and adrenaline boost and never your heals. This is alright for a controller as you are throwing down your controls in the meantime but on a Defender it's boooooriing. Blasters got the big hp boost so they often don't die in just the one hit now unless they aoe before the tank gets in or something stupid.
    To that end, FF Defenders/Controllers were incredible. I think one of my favourite alts was a Radiation/FF controller, though Rad/Rad was pretty damn... awesome. (yes, I was going to say it)

FF is still alright but it's overshadowed by the fact that sonic does what it does but has cooler powers in the set then FF. The only real diffrence is defense vs resistance in the small bubbles. So often people choose sonic because it has less useless/barely useful powers in it's set. Also there is no radiation/ff controller perhaps you are thinking of a force field/radiation blast defender. Rad/Rad would also be a defender.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tav wrote: »
    I don't know what's going on there.

For shame.
    I understood her quote, but I was drinking at the time and took it to a completely different place. It also continued for about five minutes after that, but I didn't get a screenshot of it.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    manwhatlf3.jpg

I don't even know what that tell means! I'm guessing its some korean dude trying to sell me PL'ing though.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I prefer the hilarity of PA chat to untranslatable Korean.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ghostalker wrote: »
    I prefer the hilarity of PA chat to untranslatable Korean.

I'm pretty sure that's Chinese.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    schokq3.jpg

Hmmm.

And, as it turns out, he just ran up to Stratholme instead.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scholomance.

It's spelled the way it doesn't sound.

/hate English

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    SabreMau wrote: »
    schokq3.jpg

Hmmm.

And, as it turns out, he just ran up to Stratholme instead.

I'm sorry, I would have left that guild.

"DAT" is enough to make me want to slaughter puppies.

urahonky on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I would have left that guild.

"DAT" is enough to make me want to slaughter puppies.
    troo dat.

Aldo on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hate the Pre-BC content so much right now.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I hate the Pre-BC content so much right now.

The pre-BC stuff is all I've ever seen, and likely will be.
    Even if I reactivate for a month, I doubt I'll play much longer than that, because it's just so shitty. They need to do a revamp of 1-60 in the 4th expansion.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Apparently they are at least buffing 1-60 exp from quests and lowering the amount per level. They're also adding a bunch of new quests in Dustwallow, one of the most quest-starved regions in the game.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Good. The slow xp was part of what pissed me off.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    captaink wrote: »
    Apparently they are at least buffing 1-60 exp from quests and lowering the amount per level. They're also adding a bunch of new quests in Dustwallow, one of the most quest-starved regions in the game.

I read all this too, is it next patch? or the one after?

I am 52 right now and I know that I will get to 58 only to have it changed the next week

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    format wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

I read all this too, is it next patch? or the one after?

I am 52 right now and I know that I will get to 58 only to have it changed the next week

I've seen the same info (30% more exp from quests, and re-tuning the exp curve from 1-60 to cover 1-70, or some such), but I don't believe they gave an ETA on either change. For all we know, these changes are destined to come out around WotLK to make getting alts and new players up to 71-80 content easier.

Coincidentally, it also killed my drive to work on my 18 shaman, knowing that I'd save myself a couple of days in gametime if I waited.

I'll probably just grind out a level a week to kill off rested bonus or something.

Or go to 70. Y'know, whichever happens first.

Forar on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think it's no time soon. The patch before WotLK or the expansion itself.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We have at least another 4-6 months-ish till the expansion, if they stick to 1 expansion per year.
    And with the focus on high levels again, I would bet on the patch coming out at about the same time.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Forar wrote: »

Oh, Forar.

riz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    We have at least another 4-6 months-ish till the expansion, if they stick to 1 expansion per year.
    And with the focus on high levels again, I would bet on the patch coming out at about the same time.

Let's just put it this way; I'd be happy to see it within 2008, up to and including New Years Eve.

Considering how long they went from TBC Announcement to Release (including delays), and the length of time that the Beta went on for, I wouldn't be surprised for it to be released mid to late next year.

When they said "one expansion per year", I don't think they meant "one expansion per 12 months", but more like "once per calandar period that begins in January and ends in December".
    riz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

Oh, Forar.

I'm aware of my addiction.

That said, the thing that drives me currently is getting home and blasting some splicers, and maybe tangling with a couple of Big Daddies. Bioshock is fucking crack, or perhaps it's merely that I'd been so long without another game to mess around with, I'm finally opening my eyes a little.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I keep hearing things like this, about Bioshock, but I suck at FPS. Sigh.

riz on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

ebgames has a release date of 11/08 for WotLK

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    riz wrote: »
    I keep hearing things like this, about Bioshock, but I suck at FPS. Sigh.

Yeah I suck at them too, plus Mac lolol.

Also I would have nightmares.

Medopine on