As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

too much to do

ShadeShade Registered User regular
edited June 2005 in PAX Archive
Anyone else having a hard time choosing what they want to go to?

Shade on

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2005
    not me

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited June 2005
    It was a common problem last year, especially with the concert (which is why we're having two of them this year).

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I worried about that last year. Then things went wonky almost from the get-go.

Started great. Saw Jet Li's Hero. Enjoyed some drinks, stayed up until 3:00 AM playing Enemy Territory on the DoulbeTree's internet feed.

Woke up late, missed the grande opening.

Found out that at least 50% of the people who had taken the BYOPC spots had ditched, so I brought my computer in to PAX.

And it was pretty much a swirling black hole of PC gaming from there on in. I don't remember much, but I missed pretty much every presentation except when I broke my computer down in time to catch the the "pitch your game ideas" where Monkey-Pirate-Ninja-whatever-Fight swept through with the victory, primarily based on concept art.

Missed the concert, the Omeganauts, freaking The Wizard, the Cardboard Tube Samurai showing, and God knows what else. All because I was mainlining Counter-Strike/Unreal/Desert Combat for 48 hours.

The only upside was that I spent zero minutes waiting in line for anything.

Don't make the mistake I did. Plan your events, and get a watch with an alarm on it. Auto-notification technology is your friend, junkie. Use it!

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    It was a common problem last year, especially with the concert (which is why we're having two of them this year).

-robert

are you gonna tell us we cant do stuff again this year?

futility on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    You can't ask that.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Can you clarify this question?

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    The Wizard is a MUST, ill say that much. Browse the panels too, theres some cool shit, i plan on raping in the halo 2 tourney (thank god its mlg) and then catching some of the shows and stuff you have to wait in line for, basically most of the stuff you have to wait in line for is worth it due to coolness, hillarity, monkey-ninja-pirate-robot awsomenss...

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    The Wizard is a MUST, ill say that much. Browse the panels too, theres some cool shit, i plan on raping in the halo 2 tourney (thank god its mlg) and then catching some of the shows and stuff you have to wait in line for, basically most of the stuff you have to wait in line for is worth it due to coolness, hillarity, monkey-ninja-pirate-robot awsomenss...

dude you forgot the Jedi Gandhi :)

Shade on
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I'm not having a hard time figuring out what to do concerning PAX so to say, but I'm going to have to skip the first day because a Ben Folds concert that I have tickets to is the same day.

It really caused a conflict inside me. Ben Folds, or the opening day of PAX.

Then I saw the schedule and realized jack shit was going on that I was looking forward to opening day.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    I'm not having a hard time figuring out what to do concerning PAX so to say, but I'm going to have to skip the first day because a Ben Folds concert that I have tickets to is the same day.

It really caused a conflict inside me. Ben Folds, or the opening day of PAX.

Then I saw the schedule and realized jack shit was going on that I was looking forward to opening day.

The PA Panel will be good...

Red vs Blue as well.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Ben Folds, or the opening day of PAX.

that is pretty tough

uc4life on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Shade wrote:

dude you forgot the Jedi Gandhi :)

Back yard rock fight!

Gabe's pitch Amish Butter Churn..well see the problem is that your target audience doesnt have electricity

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Shade wrote:
    Element Brian wrote:

dude you forgot the Jedi Gandhi Smile

Back yard rock fight!

Gabe's pitch Amish Butter Churn..well see the problem is that your target audience doesnt have electricity

I would SO buy backyard rock fight.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    there are still some really sweet unannounced events that will be made public pretty soon, so don't solidify those schedules quite yet. :)

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    there are still some really sweet unannounced events that will be made public pretty soon, so don't solidify those schedules quite yet. :)

-robert

How soon is 'pretty soon'? :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited June 2005
    Legacy wrote:

-robert

How soon is 'pretty soon'? :P

How long was "pretty soon" regarding the release of the PAX '04 dvd?

Yeah...

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    I swear to god the PAX DVD is at the press as we speak.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    ..."the press" being between two old physics textbooks, covered in Ritz cracker crumblies.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    BreadManBreadMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Last time I made the mistake of signing up for pretty much every tournament ahead of time, so I was in the console room for the majority of the expo. Only time I got in the theatre was for the concert and had to miss the CS tournament to do so, much to the chagrin of the guy in our group who is major into CS (his whole team ditched him, concert was worth it though).
    This time I'm only signed up for SC2 cause it's the only one I didn't get immediately eliminated in last time, so I'm hoping to hit more panels, etc this year.

BreadMan on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    BreadMan wrote:
    Last time I made the mistake of signing up for pretty much every tournament ahead of time, so I was in the console room for the majority of the expo. Only time I got in the theatre was for the concert and had to miss the CS tournament to do so, much to the chagrin of the guy in our group who is major into CS (his whole team ditched him, concert was worth it though).
    This time I'm only signed up for SC2 cause it's the only one I didn't get immediately eliminated in last time, so I'm hoping to hit more panels, etc this year.

I plan on hitting many more panels this year, and I think I'm scrapping the old school MTG tourny. not enough people are interested...

Shade on
  • Options
    edited June 2005
    Here is a wrench. Sorry.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.