As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Sub Forum?

dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
I know a while back there was (I think?) a thread about what sub forums people liked and which needed to go. I'd like to see a [Game On] forum under G&T. A good portion of the time the game on threads get shuffled off the front page very quickly and if you don't happen to check when the stars are aligned you may never notice the game you really enjoy is being played right now.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for/against this, and I'm sorry but search isn't working for me, as best I can tell it's simply showing every single post ever made regardless of filters. Else I'd have probably posted this in a thread instead of making one.

dispatch.o on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And conversely, I see no reason to go looking into a sub-forum all the time to see if a game is being played.

And Game On threads are also often used for game discussion, splitting the threads would be entirely arbitrary.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This has been tried before, it didn't work.

Agentflit on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What would work is if Game On threads could be attached to a special search category that makes searching for them easier.

For example.

Searching for "Kirby" in G+T may return three dozen threads. A title only search may not work because most geniuses don't put the full title of the game in the title, or spell it/phrase it incorrectly.

Moderators could flag threads as game on and add a series of keywords that would be used in a specialized search function.

Just saying.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Jasconius wrote: »
    What would work is if Game On threads could be attached to a special search category that makes searching for them easier.

For example.

Searching for "Kirby" in G+T may return three dozen threads. A title only search may not work because most geniuses don't put the full title of the game in the title, or spell it/phrase it incorrectly.

Moderators could flag threads as game on and add a series of keywords that would be used in a specialized search function.

Just saying.

I don't know how feasible it is, but what about a drop-down menu during thread creation with the most common types with a matching drop-down in the forum search window?

[Game On]
    [Chat]
    [etc]

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We could just start using SA style tags if the forums are getting cluttered. Would only really make sense in the on-topic forums though.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's a pretty good idea.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As was said, the game ons serve as the general discussion threads for their respective games as well as platforms for organizing multiplayer shindigs.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif