As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] de la Quid!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit Aem, don't give up! You have to keep fighting it! Don't give into the English Major! it is a betrayer!

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

We talking powers-wise or appearance-wise?

Personality and appearance.

I was thinking to myself, "Hey, I know, a kind of short guy who is a light-hearted trickster fellow."

He does not turn blue and teleport.

Though he will be joined by a tall woman who sets things on fire with powers. But she is a wizard.

--

The image is of Nightcrawler ala X-Men: Evolution in "Holographic Projection of a Human" mode.

--

The last time I actually wrote a story without it being assigned to me was in physics class. But it was a shitty Mary Sue Fanfic Story.

--

I have other stories to write, but I think I'm in perma-writer's block until I get someone who I feel the urge to impress. Fucking pack beta family mindset I hate you.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bleh bleh bleh I am so bitchy and unhappy bleh bleh bleh

What happened?

yalborap on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007

Ololol wimminz ololol hormones.

What's up, Cass?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

I was thinking to myself, "Hey, I know, a kind of short guy who is a light-hearted trickster fellow."

Though he will be joined by a tall woman who sets things on fire with powers. But she is a wizard.

Well, that's not so bad then. Most of my characters are very rough and semi-amalgams of other characters, anyways.

Mostly because I'm horrible at describing stuff like personalities. I can know how this person would react differently compared to that person in this situation, but I couldn't describe an overall personality if my life depended on it.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit Aem, don't give up! You have to keep fighting it! Don't give into the English Major! it is a betrayer!

I...I just can't fight in any longer! *sob*

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

wazup

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »

What's up, Cass?

It's not any one thing. It's just like a big ol' cloud over my days.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Dude, the main character of my story (which I hope to turn into a web-comic if I can ever find an artist to pair with) is basically a female Venom. And also Naruto. And a vampire.

...So, when you slit your writs, you have do go down the highway, not across, right?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Good night D+D, it was a most funny and awesome [chat]

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, that's not so bad then. Most of my characters are very rough and semi-amalgams of other characters, anyways.

Mostly because I'm horrible at describing stuff like personalities. I can know how this person would react differently compared to that person in this situation, but I couldn't describe an overall personality if my life depended on it.

Yeah but I want to publish and be respected as a literary fantasy author. :P

It's bad enough that I have to fight off being influenced by Vega's design all the time. Claws and masks are just so cool together though it isn't fair.

--

The worst thing though. The worst thing is every time I come up with something vaguely original I find it on TV or in the movies within a year.

Avatar gave me a goddamn heart attack when I first saw it.

Kids will all be saying "Oh hey it's a book by Incenjucar with those benders he calls "elementalists" ahaha he should just call them benders and drop the act."

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

What's up, Cass?

This too shall pass

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kind of old, but...
    Feral wrote: »
    Okay, yeah, there it is. I posted this in H/A a while back.
    Every negative health effect that's been found from aspartame has been found at high daily doses. The FDA's safe cutoff is 50mg/kg per day. (That's 50 mg per 1 kg of your body weight.) Your typical diet soda has 560 mg of aspartame per liter (33.8 fluid ounces). That means if you weigh 175 pounds, or 80 kg, you can safely drink 4000 mg of aspartame or 241 fluid ounces per day. That's about 20 12-oz cans or 15 16-oz bottles per day.

Now some studies have placed that safe cut-off somewhat lower, at 20 mg/kg. That would be 96.5 oz (8 12-oz cans or 6 16-oz bottles). That's still a lot of diet soda.

If I recall correctly, I remember reading about a shit ton of diet coke that went over to Iraq during Desert Storm, and was stored at too high of a temperature (yay the West and our crazy fridges), and something bad happened. I don't remember what, but something bad.

That was/is a popular Internet explanation for Gulf War Syndrome.
    There's no real evidence of any link.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2007

What's up, Cass?

sad_panda_2.jpg

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

What's up, Cass?

This too shall pass
    did someone say cloud
    damnit I need to go to bed

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    OdiniousOdinious regular
    edited September 2007

imagehl6.pngimagehl6.pngimagehl6.pngimagehl6.png

LOOK AT ME BEING ALL BITCHY AND UNHAPPY

If I am going to make a cry for attention, I would try to be a little more dramatic... see:
    Odinious wrote:
    Today didn't go so well for me. I tried to make it with a woman, and she took my 200 dollars and ran away from me. I tried to slit my wrists with a stale graham cracker but failed miserably, and I couldn't even eat the cracker. Always pay after the deed.

Odinious on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I am so bitchy and unhappy, too.
    Blarg argle bargle.

But I think I have a good excuse for being unhappy.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have been brewing up a space opera for three years. It has gone through many metamorphoses, and will take forever to complete, probably never reaching completion. But I toil still.

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah but I want to publish and be respected as a literary fantasy author. :P

It's bad enough that I have to fight off being influenced by Vega's design all the time. Claws and masks are just so cool together though it isn't fair.

--

The worst thing though. The worst thing is every time I come up with something vaguely original I find it on TV or in the movies within a year.

Avatar gave me a goddamn heart attack when I first saw it.

Kids will all be saying "Oh hey it's a book by Incenjucar with those benders he calls "elementalists" ahaha he should just call them benders and drop the act."

I, on the other hand, want to be respected as an action cartoon writer. :P I mean, I can write decently enough, but my very rough, brief style is more suited to producing scripts than producing novels.

And the same thing happened to me. I toyed around with this character concept of a dude with multiple personalities, each of which is very skilled in fighting, and hence he fights by letting his different personalities take over.

BAM, out comes Kamen Rider Den-O and the exact same concept, just possession instead of alternate personalities.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Let's make funny yet tragic noises together, Feral

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Kind of old, but...
    Okay, yeah, there it is. I posted this in H/A a while back.
    Every negative health effect that's been found from aspartame has been found at high daily doses. The FDA's safe cutoff is 50mg/kg per day. (That's 50 mg per 1 kg of your body weight.) Your typical diet soda has 560 mg of aspartame per liter (33.8 fluid ounces). That means if you weigh 175 pounds, or 80 kg, you can safely drink 4000 mg of aspartame or 241 fluid ounces per day. That's about 20 12-oz cans or 15 16-oz bottles per day.

Now some studies have placed that safe cut-off somewhat lower, at 20 mg/kg. That would be 96.5 oz (8 12-oz cans or 6 16-oz bottles). That's still a lot of diet soda.

If I recall correctly, I remember reading about a shit ton of diet coke that went over to Iraq during Desert Storm, and was stored at too high of a temperature (yay the West and our crazy fridges), and something bad happened. I don't remember what, but something bad.

That was/is a popular Internet explanation for Gulf War Syndrome.
    There's no real evidence of any link.

PLANT!

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit guys, stop talking about your character designs, or at the very least, take it to Writer's Block

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit guys, stop talking about your character designs, or at the very least, take it to Writer's Block

NEVAR!!!!

yalborap on
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I must not be playing this game right I have a rocket launcher and 30 magnum bullets

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Moo moo moopy doo
    Hubba hubba ringa ding ding
    cowabunga

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

*Glrcklsnort*

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I'm not sure the topic works for Writer's Block either. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, deviantart is having a breast-cancer awareness week.

DeviantArt. Breast Awareness.

Eheheheheheh.

Deviantart users are VERY aware of breasts.

Wink wink.

In my case, there was a double-helping of irony, since the reason I was on DA was to visit one of my bookmark'd artists who happens to draw, uh, very shapely female characters.

*ahem*
    Link

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Link

Probably is also depicted with shapely breasts there.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I'm not sure the topic works for Writer's Block either. :P

I just wanted to clarify because my post is just way too damn embarassing that she is not actually a vampire OK guys good because she's not. She just kind of needs an extra soul now and again so that the malevolent spirit sealed within her doesn't get to hungry and just start eating hers. Gosh. Totally different and not cliché I am a unique and beautiful snowflake

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    so, I have a slight head ache. i go digging through drawers and cabinets to find something for it.

Advil bottle, open it. Hmmm.... these sure don't look like advil.

Too small, and soft a press and they taste wrong. Notes that this is my brother's, who just moved out, bathroom. That fucker is always borrowing drugs from people.

Eats 3.

Thinks about it twice and then looks up on the internet what they are.

that's just not right. I really shouldn't do things like that.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Link

Probably is also depicted with shapely breasts there.

Man yalborap sent me the hottest picture of Link as a chick.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Aem you are causing me physical pain right now'

I should clarify that at the moment, it is from laughter.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I just wanted to clarify because my post is just way too damn embarassing that she is not actually a vampire OK guys good because she's not. She just kind of needs an extra soul now and again so that the malevolent spirit sealed within her doesn't get to hungry and just start eating hers. Gosh. Totally different and not cliché I am a unique and beautiful snowflake

Oh yeah I played that game it was fun.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    redx wrote: »
    so, I have a slight head ache. i go digging through drawers and cabinets to find something for it.

Too small, and soft a press and they taste wrong. Notes that this is my brother's, who just moved out, bathroom. That fucker is always borrowing drugs from people.

Eats 3.

Um. Did they have a Mitsubishi sign on them?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Aem you are causing me physical pain right now

Man, what's hilarious is it could be for any number of at least twelve different reasons. Edit: Oh, saw your edit now. :D

@Incen -- what game is that? I can't off the top of my head think of another character that's specifically like that, except that it's painfully close to being like a vampire. I might actually ditch that part, but right now it's the only reason I have for her to end up seeking out the ancient relic that happens to have one of the Founders sealed within it, which is of course what leads her to understand the reason that her father oh my god why do I keep typing someone please make it so I can never communicate with anyone again.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Eats 3.

What are they?
    Alternatively, what identifying marks did they have?

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2007

Grrrrr
    arrrrg
    argle bargle
    blarg blarg blarg blarg
    egk egk egk
    abloo abloo abloo

Feral on

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Eats 3.

Um. Did they have a Mitsubishi sign on them?

if they had, I wouldn't have eaten 3 right away. Anyway, I know how rolls taste, I half thought they were generic Oxycodone.

rather small. That was a thought, so I licked one. You can tell right away from taste.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I was mostly joking. It's pretty basic concept though that I'm pretty sure I've seen in anime and such... the closest I can actually identify though is that ghost woman from Inu Yasha who munches on souls to keep around.

Maybe we should collaborate so we can nitpick each other into originality. :P

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.