As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brevity. All the cool [Chat] kids are doing it

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Well, I like to think im not that inept anymore, maybe still somewhat inept. But starting first year I was brutal.
    At least I had motivation, I'll give myself that.

Man my first year of college I didn't even like girls yet.

You're nowhere close.

You're just a poser.

Maybe going to a university that was 80% girls had something to do with it. And I think puberty finally hit me then too, so I was like, surging with testosterone. Seriously, I gained like 40 pounds that year of not all fat.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    girls can't rape boys, duh

go for it!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    All you need is alcohol to have sex with people you don't know

I discovered this and have felt guilty about it ever since.

Alcohol is an obnoxious prerequisite for many things.

one would think I would learn my lesson

but no.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Strutter001.jpg

See, if I'd listened to you guys I wouldn't have done that. Show what you all know.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I've gotten pretty normalized in my eating and exercise habits. I tend to eat 1200 calories on a light day, 1800 on a heavier day, with 1500 being the steady average. On most days, I stay true to the 30/40/30 ratio in terms of fat/protein/carbs, and I get around 15 grams of fiber, a little more or less. However, I don't eat nearly enough vegetables. (Read: almost none). Whole grains, protein, vitamins, fruit, etc not an issue. But I really don't eat many veggies. Damn.

As for exercise, I try to do 30 minutes of aerobic (DDR lolol) per day. Weightlifting 2-to-3 times a week.

That's a pretty light load of calories. Are you trying to lose weight?

I'm on about the same regime as you are, though I've been lifting five times a week and have been trying to get my calories up.
    I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym. I hate it when I have to stop for whatever reason when I've been working out for a while. I think I'm close to a week now since I last lifted.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

go for it!

I've already told that story like ten times I'm not rapeating myself.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You guys talk too fast.

James on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This Saturday I shall attempt to ask someone out in a platonic manner to lunch. Oh, I'm quite the man about town lately.

Gim on
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I've gotten pretty normalized in my eating and exercise habits. I tend to eat 1200 calories on a light day, 1800 on a heavier day, with 1500 being the steady average. On most days, I stay true to the 30/40/30 ratio in terms of fat/protein/carbs, and I get around 15 grams of fiber, a little more or less. However, I don't eat nearly enough vegetables. (Read: almost none). Whole grains, protein, vitamins, fruit, etc not an issue. But I really don't eat many veggies. Damn.

As for exercise, I try to do 30 minutes of aerobic (DDR lolol) per day. Weightlifting 2-to-3 times a week.

That's a pretty light load of calories. Are you trying to lose weight?

I'm on about the same regime as you are, though I've been lifting five times a week and have been trying to get my calories up.

I have a shitload of weight to lose.

But, to be honest? I eat every time that I get hungry, until I am no longer hungry. This just happens to be the amount of calories that that amounts to. I never starve myself or anything. I think it's just from switching to whole grains and lean meats instead of the artificial foods and empty calories I used to consume. To be honest, I have trouble believing that I used to consume so many calories that I could consistently gain weight. (This program seems to say that I burn 4000 calories a day just by living, not to mention the 300 I burn from exercise, which I frankly find hard to believe.)

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    James wrote: »
    You guys talk too fast.

Too much poast and no beer make James something something.

Gim on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

See, if I'd listened to you guys I wouldn't have done that. Show what you all know.

You really are the dumbest person ever, Hacks.

Remember when I used to think you were a ladies' man? I think it was because of your Kurt Russel av.

Tee hee.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

go for it!

The one about the underaged girl wanting to drug you so she could have sex with you? You should've done it, man.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

go for it!

The one about the underaged girl wanting to drug you so she could have sex with you? You should've done it, man.

But he's the man in black. He walks alone

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »

Remember when I used to think you were a ladies' man? I think it was because of your Kurt Russel av.

Tee hee.
    This coming from a kid who's stressing over asking a girl out means practically nothing to me.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

go for it!

Wait, what now?

Don't hold out on me now, Cenj. Daddy needs his fix.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You guys talk too fast.

I can't even drink beer because I have work in the morning :(

James on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a sudden urge to rejoin Netflix though I'd only end up quitting again. I think I like buying new movies better than just renting anyway.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Conversely, i'm hungry again, even though I had a substantial (though healthy) dinner and an hour ago i had a bagel and cream cheese.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

go for it!

But he's the man in black. He walks alone
    Oh, so he's back? Back in black?

Did he hang loose, from the noose?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    For the record Aem, there's no such thing as "asking someone out." If you have an activity in mind or something, that's fine-- heck, you can just close on, "So I'll be seeing you sometime soon, uh-huh?" or something similarly cute, but don't ever, ever go with "Will you go out with me?" unless it's ironic and after-the-fact.

If the relationship is progressing down this avenue, you guys will probably know for sureses that you both have the gigglies over one another and it's more likely someone will ask "Are we going out?" That's much better than anyone saying anything as ambiguous and silly as the former.

Just remember to come clean if she asks if it's a date, or if you are crushing on her, or whatevs-- or if you want to be one of those smooth-alecky gentlemans, at least make it a sarcastic sort of, "Oh-oh-ho, mademoiselle, wouldn't you like to know?" that suggests you are digging her how a backhoe tears up soiltops.

Because seriously, duder, if you are digging the field you best come clean with the groundwater before the heat's turned on and you're all up ons the sauna.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Tee hee.
    This coming from a kid who's stressing over asking a girl out means practically nothing to me.

I have legitimate concerns, shitlips. I don't want to lose an awesome debate partner and friend because of my girl-tardedness.

But seriously, all it means is that even I can tell you're retarded. :P

I'm actually quite the social butterfly. I just have problems when sex gets thrown in the mix. When it's just friends, I'm actually extremely socially adept. Fact.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    I still kind of hate going, mostly because in spite of some decent gains I'm still by far the skinniest guy at the Golds I go to.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You guys talk too fast.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if you do!

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Back to black?

Did he only say goodbye with words
    causing someone to die a hundred times
    did you go back to her
    while someone went back to y'all?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Ya know, I love the little psycho to death, but I wouldn't put blackmail past her given the right amount of desperation.

I mean, like, the day after our first forward action, she made up a "secret goth sorority," dressed up to fit it, and for the next two weeks she was telling me to expect to be interrogated by scary women.

I really do miss her though. :P

--

Oro: Sometimes time is a factor. Like if Summer is coming up. Or Graduation.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also before anyone says the obvious, yes, I know I'm amazing. It's common knowledge that I'm more frequently associated with the words "national treasure" than Nicholas Cage.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    For the record Aem, there's no such thing as "asking someone out." If you have an activity in mind or something, that's fine-- heck, you can just close on, "So I'll be seeing you sometime soon, uh-huh?" or something similarly cute, but don't ever, ever go with "Will you go out with me?" unless it's ironic and after-the-fact.

I do know at least that much. But just barely. :)
    If the relationship is progressing down this avenue, you guys will probably know for sureses that you both have the gigglies over one another and it's more likely someone will ask "Are we going out?" That's much better than anyone saying anything as ambiguous and silly as the former.

Just remember to come clean if she asks if it's a date, or if you are crushing on her, or whatevs-- or if you want to be one of those smooth-alecky gentlemans, at least make it a sarcastic sort of, "Oh-oh-ho, mademoiselle, wouldn't you like to know?" that suggests you are digging her how a backhoe tears up soiltops.

Yeah. See, this was my plan, but after a good while yet. The whole party thing is what's causing me insane anxiety.
    Because seriously, duder, if you are digging the field you best come clean with the groundwater before the heat's turned on and you're all up ons the sauna.

Man what.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Tee hee.

I have legitimate concerns, shitlips. I don't want to lose an awesome debate partner and friend because of my girl-tardedness.

I'm actually quite the social butterfly. I just have problems when sex gets thrown in the mix. When it's just friends, I'm actually extremely socially adept. Fact.
    Dude, it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. You ask her out, she says no, you move on. By next week it's forgotten about. Don't be such a vagina.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You guys talk too fast.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if you do!

Wait. I don't think I said that?

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Tee hee.

You.... you've been at college for like... for like 3 days now.

I don't understand how...

gahhh.....

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Man what.

Seriously, what the fuck does this even mean?

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dude, incenj, I saw a picture of you at PAX, and I swear I thought "that guy looks like he should not have troubles with girls".

You need to get out of that shit assed town you are in. Just pack your bags, and get the fuck out.

Did you say you are moving to Seattle or something? You will probably have a lot more luck there.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Aem: The obvious answer is to give me her number.

--

Yeah, working on it. Just need to get a decent job up there.

My women troubles are mostly a matter of narrow tastes. I get horrified at the very idea of dating someone who isn't at least roughly my intellectual equal, but all the educated women get the hell out of Fresno as soon as physically possible.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Dude, incenj, I saw a picture of you at PAX, and I swear I thought "that guy looks like he should not have troubles with girls".

You need to get out of that shit assed town you are in. Just pack your bags, and get the fuck out.

Did you say you are moving to Seattle or something? You will probably have a lot more luck there.
    This is very true. He will be a smash hit with Seattle girls. Fact.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

If he wasn't located in Assfuck California the girls would be all over him. He brings the magnetism

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I do not explain my metaphors to mere mortals!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You guys talk too fast.
    Or maybe you read too slow.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Dude, it's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. You ask her out, she says no, you move on. By next week it's forgotten about. Don't be such a vagina.

Goddamnit no one seems to be understanding the fact that we're going to be at a party/kickback dealy tomorrow goddamn night.

This. Is. What. Is. Causing. Me. Distress. Seriously. Guys. How. Are. You. Not. Getting. This.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Tee hee.

Yeah, rejection isn't fun but it's no big deal. It's nothing that more rejection won't cure.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Goddamnit no one seems to be understanding the fact that we're going to be at a party/kickback dealy tomorrow goddamn night.

This. Is. What. Is. Causing. Me. Distress. Seriously. Guys. How. Are. You. Not. Getting. This.

Your anxiety makes me want to smash something against my head. Or maybe your head.

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.