Options

Brevity. All the cool [Chat] kids are doing it

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I can't even remember the last time I did anything that could be considered "sociable."

Neither can we

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    It's half-and-half.

I mean, I now think there's a good possibility she might be interested in me. But the prospect of being at a party with her now is kind of terrifying. If she takes the reigns, great, that's awesome. I can go with the flow. But if she doesn't, then I'll be obsessing all night. On the one hand, if I'm just misinterpreting her due to wishful thinking, then she could be totally weirded out by any advances I make. Which is bad, since we are in debate together, and currently slated to be partners, and I definitely would want to be friends with her at least, so I don't want to ruin any of that with awkwardness. On the other hand, if I miss out on her signals, and fail to reciprocate, then I'm missing out on a potential relationship with an incredibly intelligent, interesting, independent girl. Which would be bad.

And also she seems to be fairly sexually active, but not in an exhibitionist/attention-getting way, but in a purely doing-it-because-she-enjoys-it, rather empowered fashion, which is in and of itself appealing, but also intimidating. Because I've never had sex other than being on the receiving end of male-on-male action. So what if she wants it at the party? Thankfully, I doubt that any girl would ever want to jump my bones at some party -- I'm not the kind of guy that happens to. But then again you never know.

So. Yeah. Advice would be good.

Well, she sounds like a pretty cool girl, as in, no bitchy attention-whoring game-playing psychodrama stuff, so you should be able to just be yourself and talk to her honestly and be straightforward. I mean, don't just walk up to her at the party and say, "I like you, can we make out on the couch?" But if you get a chance to ask her out, you should. It's an honest, direct, and non-creepy way of expressing interest, and if she weren't actually interested in you, she can just politely decline and there's a much smaller chance of one of you not enjoying the rest of the party out of awkwardness.

Also, are you over 18 or whatever the age of consent is in your state? Because you really shouldn't have sex with her if you're not, it's called statutory rape.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    @Will -- no, I do Parliamentary debate, because fuck Policy, son. I am not speed-reading some nonsense off of cards over and over and over again at every tournament. Policy kids are fucking nuts.
    I did it in High School and won state. But you're right that it's a twisted form of competition and really inapplicable to ever trying to convince anyone of anything. It has some interesting tactical thinking to it though.
    My brother was all about cross-ex. I wonder if he's still ego-searching my posts for any mention of him. If so, he's a dick. You hear that, Michael?
    CX really makes assholes out of people. I was a raging dickhead while I did it and it took a few years to wear off.
    Fuck debate. It's all about Mock Trial.
    Yes.

Fucking A.

@Al_wat: I'm good, man. You can have my share.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't even remember the last time I did anything that could be considered "sociable."

Have you accidentally made eye contact with someone outside from behind your slightly-drawn-back curtained window while telling yourself that the world is sick, sick, sick and should be cleansed with fire and lye?

Because that's considered sociable.

Gim on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I forced myself to talk to people like you guys told me to do a week ago.
    And it worked. I made new friends.
    But then my new friend was sitting with my lab partner * she was so fucking mean, like power and control I will dominatrix you mean* " Sure you guys can do some of the experiments ".... 2 seconds later
    " YOU ARE DOING IT ALL WRONG, NO NO. FINE ITS FINE. NO NO. IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER ANYWAYS "
    I bailed out :|
    English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!
    Maybe he's never hered it spoken the right way.
    I do hail from West Virginia.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Gim wrote: »

Have you accidentally made eye contact with someone outside from behind your slightly-drawn-back curtained window while telling yourself that the world is sick, sick, sick and should be cleansed with fire and lye?

Don't re-sist, El.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    I'm pretty sure that mock trial kids were no-talent scrubs.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    OK, don't go out there for sexual purposes. Just go find a nice chick to cover your ass in Team Fortress

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gim wrote: »

Man

We shared a moment that time

Elendil on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can assure you all that I was the most inept person at getting girls when I went to university, I was a virgin, I had barely kissed a girl before. I could hardly TALK to girls.

But even I could get laid on a regular basis. Sure the first few encounters I had made me feel like a god damned idiot but you know, after a while I got some nerve and it wasnt so hard.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Mock Trial with Judge Reinhold, featuring William Hung and his Hung Jury

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    OK, don't go out there for sexual purposes. Just go find a nice chick to cover your ass in Team Fortress
    Pfft man everyone knows girls suck at vidjya games.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Judge my name

Elendil on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I thought it crazy enough to construct a 100-member All-Star Senate- the two greatest Americans to ever serve their respective states in the Senate.

Now I've got it into my head to do the 435-member House. I have to be either a North Coast intellectual elitist snob, some sort of super-patriot, or else the Asberger's has struck again because not even boredom can explain this one.

To have mercy on myself, I'm going to impose some rules:
    *No set state restrictions on delegations as long as each state has at least one representative. If California can only scrounge up the one, and Delaware manages to snag a hundred or so, well, so be it. Exactly 53 Californians? Fuck you.
    *If you're already in the All-Star Senate, you can't be in the All-Star House. Theoretically, the Senate should have the better stack of Congresspeople anyway.
    *The current Senators are locked in. This means I'm not going back to shoehorn the third-place Senator from a given state in just so I can slide one of the top two into the House.

Should make things easier.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fuck you.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    guys this isn't about getting laid it's about establishing long-term relationships geez

EDIT: also Hacks I will be your Team Fortress partner <3

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Anyone smart enough to outsmart Sherlock Holmes is worth listening to, hacks

Wow, you're the first one in about... seven years to get that reference :D

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All you need is alcohol to have sex with people you don't know

I discovered this and have felt guilty about it ever since.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I can assure you all that I was the most inept person at getting girls when I went to university, I was a virgin, I had barely kissed a girl before. I could hardly TALK to girls.

No.

This title goes to me. And you goddamn well know it.

You can be, like, second-most inept.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    guys this isn't about getting laid it's about establishing long-term relationships geez

This, also this.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu is married now? When did that happen?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RainOPainRainOPain Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Judge my name

Why, yes, I am judging your name. It am silly

RainOPain on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Fuck you.
    Will is just jealous, Hacks, because Mock Trial was more than a "who can talk fastest" competition.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

No.

I think I can be a contender.

Edit: I mean, my college career is just starting, but I have a feeling that it's going to get messy.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Middle of July

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Fuck you.
    OBJECTION!!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I've gotten pretty normalized in my eating and exercise habits. I tend to eat 1200 calories on a light day, 1800 on a heavier day, with 1500 being the steady average. On most days, I stay true to the 30/40/30 ratio in terms of fat/protein/carbs, and I get around 15 grams of fiber, a little more or less. However, I don't eat nearly enough vegetables. (Read: almost none). Whole grains, protein, vitamins, fruit, etc not an issue. But I really don't eat many veggies. Damn.

As for exercise, I try to do 30 minutes of aerobic (DDR lolol) per day. Weightlifting 2-to-3 times a week.

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pfft man everyone knows girls suck at vidjya games.

:roll:
    I actually do have pretty poor hand-eye coordination. But I play a mean healing class!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Middle of July

hai five!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I think I can be a contender.

Edit: I mean, my college career is just starting, but I have a feeling that it's going to get messy.

I have three words for you: Horny Jail Bait.

Avoid at all costs.

Freshmen are the devil.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fuck you.
    Will is just jealous, Hacks, because Mock Trial was more than a "who can talk fastest" competition.
    I mean don't get me wrong - CX was sociopathic wankery.

But mock trial was weaksauce sociopathic wankery.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007

Middle of July
    Congrats. I guess you kept it on the down low or I'm oblivious...either/or.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fuck you.
    OBJECTION!!

That's a pretty geeky reference, Will. What's happening to you, man

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

No.

Well, I like to think im not that inept anymore, maybe still somewhat inept. But starting first year I was brutal.
    At least I had motivation, I'll give myself that.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Middle of July
    Congrats. I guess you kept it on the down low or I'm oblivious...either/or.

Thanks.

I didn't make tons of noise about it or anything.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, I like to think im not that inept anymore, maybe still somewhat inept. But starting first year I was brutal.
    At least I had motivation, I'll give myself that.

Man my first year of college I didn't even like girls yet.

You're nowhere close.

You're just a poser.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So I've gotten pretty normalized in my eating and exercise habits. I tend to eat 1200 calories on a light day, 1800 on a heavier day, with 1500 being the steady average. On most days, I stay true to the 30/40/30 ratio in terms of fat/protein/carbs, and I get around 15 grams of fiber, a little more or less. However, I don't eat nearly enough vegetables. (Read: almost none). Whole grains, protein, vitamins, fruit, etc not an issue. But I really don't eat many veggies. Damn.

As for exercise, I try to do 30 minutes of aerobic (DDR lolol) per day. Weightlifting 2-to-3 times a week.

That's a pretty light load of calories. Are you trying to lose weight?

I'm on about the same regime as you are, though I've been lifting five times a week and have been trying to get my calories up.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007
    It's half-and-half.

I mean, I now think there's a good possibility she might be interested in me. But the prospect of being at a party with her now is kind of terrifying. If she takes the reigns, great, that's awesome. I can go with the flow. But if she doesn't, then I'll be obsessing all night. On the one hand, if I'm just misinterpreting her due to wishful thinking, then she could be totally weirded out by any advances I make. Which is bad, since we are in debate together, and currently slated to be partners, and I definitely would want to be friends with her at least, so I don't want to ruin any of that with awkwardness. On the other hand, if I miss out on her signals, and fail to reciprocate, then I'm missing out on a potential relationship with an incredibly intelligent, interesting, independent girl. Which would be bad.

And also she seems to be fairly sexually active, but not in an exhibitionist/attention-getting way, but in a purely doing-it-because-she-enjoys-it, rather empowered fashion, which is in and of itself appealing, but also intimidating. Because I've never had sex other than being on the receiving end of male-on-male action. So what if she wants it at the party? Thankfully, I doubt that any girl would ever want to jump my bones at some party -- I'm not the kind of guy that happens to. But then again you never know.

So. Yeah. Advice would be good.

Well, she sounds like a pretty cool girl, as in, no bitchy attention-whoring game-playing psychodrama stuff, so you should be able to just be yourself and talk to her honestly and be straightforward. I mean, don't just walk up to her at the party and say, "I like you, can we make out on the couch?" But if you get a chance to ask her out, you should. It's an honest, direct, and non-creepy way of expressing interest, and if she weren't actually interested in you, she can just politely decline and there's a much smaller chance of one of you not enjoying the rest of the party out of awkwardness.

Yeah, I mean, I was really just planning on focusing on being friends/debate partners for now, and if anything grew out of that, then great. But now I'm wondering if that's happening sooner than I anticipated, and if I'm expected to make a move. I don't want end up putting her off through inaction. Especially when I am genuinely interested in her.

So, asking her out is something I'm worried about, because, again, it's still rather early. I haven't known her that long. But if we're at a party together, she might be giving me signals, and she might be disappointed if I don't pick up on them.

Or even worse, what if she expects me to persue her? I'm terrible at that, and I really don't want to be put in that stressful of a situation. I'm just not going to do it. I don't think it's wise at this point in time. But then maybe that will backfire. Argh.
    Also, are you over 18 or whatever the age of consent is in your state? Because you really shouldn't have sex with her if you're not, it's called statutory rape.

I'm 17, she's 19. I think that's legal, either because I can give consent, or because the age difference is under three years. I'm pretty sure. But I mean, even if it were illegal I'd still do it. There's no way in hell -- I'm 17 and consenting, why should I be prohibited from that? It's absurd.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fuck you.
    OBJECTION!!

That's a pretty geeky reference, Will. What's happening to you, man

I didn't have time to GIS the Phoenix Wright.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All you need is alcohol to have sex with people you don't know

I discovered this and have felt guilty about it ever since.

Alcohol is an obnoxious prerequisite for many things.

Gim on
This discussion has been closed.