As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros Brawl! "...the two of them get along great! ...I think.

• Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just thought of something regarding the remaining franchise slots. Bear with some crazy speculation, if you will...

Pretty much everyone agrees it's going in alphabetical order from first SSB to this one, and thus it's likely that Game & Watch is missing in between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers, all of which were new to Melee. So...

What would the other franchise be if the pattern sticks? It's in between Wario and Pit's games, which seems out of order. However, WarioWare in Japan is "Made in Wario," and though "Kid Icarus" would be out of order, Wikipedia says the Japanese title for the game was "Parutena no Hikari," which would fit the trend. So what Nintendo franchises are between "Ma" and "Pa" alphabetically?

Well, third party "Metal Gear" certainly fits, so it could just be that. But it's worth noting that "Panel de Pon" also fits in between. If the third party symbols actually come after the 18, that could possibly be the missing link. As far as I could tell, there weren't any other franchises that fit alphabetically.

I could just be talking out of my ass here, but that's all I've got. I wish someone had found out Snake's logo number when they had him on the site still...that could clear up a little bit of mystery.

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just thought of something regarding the remaining franchise slots. Bear with some crazy speculation, if you will...

Pretty much everyone agrees it's going in alphabetical order from first SSB to this one, and thus it's likely that Game & Watch is missing in between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers, all of which were new to Melee. So...

What would the other franchise be if the pattern sticks? It's in between Wario and Pit's games, which seems out of order. However, WarioWare in Japan is "Made in Wario," and though "Kid Icarus" would be out of order, Wikipedia says the Japanese title for the game was "Parutena no Hikari," which would fit the trend. So what Nintendo franchises are between "Ma" and "Pa" alphabetically?

Well, third party "Metal Gear" certainly fits, so it could just be that. But it's worth noting that "Panel de Pon" also fits in between. If the third party symbols actually come after the 18, that could possibly be the missing link. As far as I could tell, there weren't any other franchises that fit alphabetically.

I could just be talking out of my ass here, but that's all I've got. I wish someone had found out Snake's logo number when they had him on the site still...that could clear up a little bit of mystery.

Punch-Out is apparently Panchi-Auto in Japanese according to Wikipedia... Little Mac still has a chance!

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • RaNcIdPsYcHoJoShRaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Ruins wrote: »
    I was hoping for a stampede of those awesome bears in pink bathing suits and sunglasses from their level in Melee.

A stampede is a solid fallback choice for everyone's Final Smash, it seems. That's all anyone ever thinks of, they don't even try to put any thought into it.

Don't know what to make [character's] Final Smash? Oh, just have them summon a stampede of enemies/miis/yoshis/mr. saturns/buffalo/sailor scouts.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You forgot Palutena's Centurions.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    edited September 2007
    What about them? They suck. Everyone hates that Final Smash, proving that stampede FSes are a stupid idea.

Pit summons a gigantic, sexy goddess who's all glowy, omnipotent and cool, and all she does is send out a bunch of crappy little cartoon guys who simply die in your general direction?

QED.

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think that giving the ICs a large vertical Tornado of doominess would be cool.

Or summoning that goddamned bird.

Taramoor on
    edited September 2007
    Just mentioned it to show that there's precedent for stampede smashes, not that they are better or worse than other kinds, is all. And yeah, Pit's smash does seem rather less than optimal when compared to, say, the FSs of Mario and Bowser.

FCD on
    edited September 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I think that giving the ICs a large vertical Tornado of doominess would be cool.

Or summoning that goddamned bird.

God, I hated that bird so much. Not as much as the Yetis, though. Forced vertical scrolling bastards.

FCD on
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think some sort of giant iceberg would be cool

Green Lantern on
    edited September 2007
    I wonder if Peach's smash will be derived from the mood system of SPP somehow? Just something that popped into my head.

FCD on
    edited September 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    I wonder if Peach's smash will be derived from the mood system of SPP somehow? Just something that popped into my head.

I think the idea of some kind of Super-PMS has already been put forward.

Taramoor on
    edited September 2007
    I think the idea of some kind of Super-PMS has already been put forward.

"Hey Andy, whatcha drawin'?

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Don't be silly.

That's Wind Waker Link's final smash.

jothki on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    if Little Mac wasn't in Smash Bros id be the dumbest thing ever. And it can't be an assist either, he needs to be playable.

B - charge punch that causes temporarily status aliment on an enemy, slow, dizzy, stun something like that

B + direction - Punch combo system ala Roy/Marth

B + Down - A counter that dizzies the enemy, countering too much without success makes Mac tired

B + Up - A rocket uppercut, chargeable on the ground, gives Mac high verticle and a little horizontal.

Fianl Smash, Mac's trainer gives Mac health absorbing gloves. Mac attacks and regains health for a short period of time. If Mac is at 0% health (or maximum starting stamina) his gloves will send opponents flying twice or triple what they normally would.

Franko on
    edited September 2007
    So Little Mac is essentially Marth without a sword.

Some imagination you have.

The way I pictured it, his rapid punch would come into play at some point...

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
    edited September 2007
    As much as I might like Little Mac, he's just a boxer. There's not much that can be done with that.

I think Fighter Hayabusa or Starman from Pro Wrestling are actually more likely.

I'd almost say one of the opponents from Punchout like Bald Bull or Super Macho Man because they have special moves, but somehow don't think it would be appropriate to have an enemy from a game without having the protagonist in as well.

Taramoor on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Goddamnit I can't find my cube controller. This is one of those rare moments I wish the Wii classic controller could be used for such things :(.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    edited September 2007
    Hmm... here's a new idea for an Ice Climber final smash.

When you grab the smash ball... nothing happens. Or at least it seems that way.

However, should Popo be killed and not Nana, after grabbing the smash ball, then the player continues to play but controlling Nana instead.

Or maybe that's too complicated and they're just going to do some mega-Blizzard type move.

Taramoor on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nah, that's too underwhelming. Half the time one of them gets killed, it's the secondary one anyway.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They should merge into one giant super Ice Climber with a purple coat.

Aydr on
    edited September 2007
    However, should Popo be killed and not Nana, after grabbing the smash ball, then the player continues to play but controlling Nana instead.

That's not a Final Smash at all. There's nothing "Final" or "Smash" about it and it's a stupid idea stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

By the way speculation is fun so I made a new icon. But whose?

vectorbrawliconxw3.gif

RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, the IC's Final Smash needs to be useable by one or both climbers. It seems stupid for it not to be a combo attack, so maybe it will revive Nana too?

Zek on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Honestly I think that's why we haven't seen her B moves yet. I expect her forward B is altered ( crying Charge)at the very least.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Honestly I think that's why we haven't seen her B moves yet. I expect her forward B is altered ( crying Charge)at the very least.

peach_070817b-l.jpg
    peach_070817c-l.jpg

I dunno...

And isn't there a pic on there with her throwing around radishes, too?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That second pic is Peach's back throw, not her forward+b

AshtonDragon on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That second pic is Peach's back throw, not her forward+b

Right you are. Should have noticed from the lack of explosion where the butt connects, I guess...

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wyborn wrote: »

peach_070817b-l.jpg
    peach_070817c-l.jpg

I dunno...

And isn't there a pic on there with her throwing around radishes, too?

I hope they keep the radishes. I agree, I think if anything changes, it will be her forward B.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Toad looks hilarious. Poor guy.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I bet the ice climbers Final smash is gonna be some kind of blizzard thing where it rains shit that freezes you.

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I bet their final smash makes you play on icicle mountain over and over.
    or its a freezie barage, kinda like mario's

gunwarrior on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Narian wrote: »

I hoped they changed up what he does. He was always a real big letdown.

Inquisitor on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kor wrote: »
    Rollout wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »
    Is the wrench supposed to be Advance wars?

Don't forget there can only be 3 3rd party characters. As per what Sakurai said to begin with. :P

You're sig is over shooting just a bit. I'd replace something with a PIKMIN icon.
    [citation needed]

J/k. Yeah, it's an advance wars icon. I'm just taking my chances on Sakurai reconsidering the number of third party characters. Uh, I haven't yet to play Pikmin, so I can't root for them, sorry. :(

Sakurai hasn't determined the official character lineup as of yet. The reveal of Solid Snake does mean they're contemplating other non-Nintendo characters, but the characters must have appeared on a Nintendo platform at some point, and they're only considering one or two more additions in this category.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151198

This comment was translated from the original Japanese Dojo, before the remodel of the daily weekday updates.

Fixed

yes, because no one, had any idea what I was talking about until now... >.>

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Toad was ok if you had FANTASTIC timing.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

That's not a Final Smash at all. There's nothing "Final" or "Smash" about it and it's a stupid idea stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

By the way speculation is fun so I made a new icon. But whose?

vectorbrawliconxw3.gif

boxvectormannk4.th.jpg

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i really hope they nerf peach's down smash. it's probably the cheapest move in melee

Guek on
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh my god guys i thought about the which other third party character could be in brawl thing and i thought then of that game from a very famous rpg series which was gamecube exclusive and was more or less a multiplayer game too and will maybe get a sequel for the wii soon?Think about about it guys a character from this game in smash bros wouldn`t that be awesome?

Green Lantern on
  • ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ???

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Toad was ok if you had FANTASTIC timing.

No. He wasn't. Your opponent recovers first.

Aydr on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh my god guys i thought about the which other third party character could be in brawl thing and i thought then of that game from a very famous rpg series which was gamecube exclusive and was more or less a multiplayer game too and will maybe get a sequel for the wii soon?Think about about it guys a character from this game in smash bros wouldn`t that be awesome?

Tales?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • FishguyFishguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I think your talking about Tales of Symphonia, which was mentioned a couple pages back. Most people seemed to hate the idea, but I'd love to have a character from that (preferably Presea so we get an axe-user).

Fishguy on