As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play: Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis. "On The Highway To Hell!" Finished

KelorKelor Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Games and Technology
IndySlide.jpg

I came across a pile of boxes in my parents living room last week and when I asked my dad about them he said they were old games he was throwing out because they were taking up space. He used to be a big gamer back when I was a kid, so we had all kinds of classics I was worried about ending up at the tip.

After digging through them for about half an hour, I found this little gem.

FateofAtlantis.jpg

With the CD in perfect nick no less. And who doesn't like stories about Atlantis, kooky psychics and beating up Nazis? Even communists don't like Nazis.

And so, through the wonders of SCUMMvm we can now all enjoy Fate of Atlantis together on XP.
01.jpg

And bam! Cue the Indy theme and Indy smashing through the window. Turns out he's looking for a statue for some dude.

02.jpg

Though Indy isn't off to the best start.

03.jpg

Four floors, a trapdoor, a statue, a bookcase and four black cats later we make it to the boiler room in the basement. The statue has been cunningly stored in third locker. Its definitely a phony though.

04.jpg

And heres the guy who looking for it, Mr Smith. His names sounds shady but if you can't trust a blond haired blue eyed guy with a German accent in the 1930s than who can you trust?

05.jpg

Mr Smith has a key that fits into base of the statue. And looky what was hidden in there.

I still say its phony though.

06.jpg

Well actually Indy would mind. And he must be a Nazi. And when you see a Nazi theres only one thing to be done.

07.jpg

Surprise buttsecks. Or a beating. One of the two, the shot makes it hard to tell. While Mr Smith is checking for the getaway car Indy dives over the desk to give it to him.

08.jpg

While he's a thieving bastard, the Nazi isn't stupid and makes a run for it. But just like Chubbs in Happy Gilmore, he may have taken my statue....

09.jpg

Yeah. Thats right, took the coat right off his back. And it has all kinds of goodies in there.

10.jpg

Really Marcus? You didn't sort of clue onto that when he was pointing the gun at us?

Turns out that Mr Smith is in fact Klaus Kerner from Düsseldorf.

Thats in Germany for those of you playing at home.

11.jpg

See not everyone gets paid to bone some girl in Iceland for a couple of years for their first job. But then not everyone is Harrison Ford.

The article mentions some items that turned up in the dig when Indy wasn't getting it on with Sophia Hapgood, the chick on the second page. The statue that Kerner just stole was one of those and is probably on his way to visit Sophia now.

12.jpg

After talking it over with Marcus Indy heading over to New York to check up on Sophia, former archaeologist turned psychic (read: charlatan) before the Nazis can get there.

And to foil any nefarious plots Nazis may have going. Gotta stop 'em all.

Tune in next poast for Nur-Ab-Sal, cleavage, Iceland, pig whipping and a doorman with a chip on his shoulder.

Later entries

Part 2: Welcome To The Jungle

Part 3: "Think Bigger! Think of Bombs!"

Part 4: "I Could Really Go For A Squab"

Part 5: "99 Luftballoons"

Part 6: "The Ship Rib Is Civilization!."

Part 7: "We All Live In A Yello....Nazi Submarine, A Nazi Submarine!"

Part 8: "It Is Pitch Black. You Are Likely To Be Eaten By A Grue."

Part 9: "We Are Sailing, We Are SAAAAAAAAIIILLLIIINNNG."

Final: "On The Highway To Hell!"

Kelor on

• Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My god I Wish I had thought of this first

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    AWESOME.

devoir on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    :^:

august on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Playing through this again I'd completely forgotten how great the music is. The way they reworked the Indy theme and a few areas, like Greece and Iceland have excellent tracks.

And the voices. I don't think I could play it without the voice overs.

Kelor on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Best adventure game ever

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Should make it a "Lets Play SCUMMvm adventures" thread, but this is fine.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I only have some, not all of them, but feel free to chip in with any other Scumm games anyone might be playing right now.

I'm heading overseas at the end of this week, so I'll try and finish Fate of Atlantis by then. Once I get back I might do another, possibly Monkey Island, or Day of the Tentacle. I know theres some hardcore DotT fans here though that would probably do a better job.

Kelor on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I love every single classic Lucasarts adventure game. They are all made of win. I'm ashamed to admit I've never played through the entirety of Fate of Atlantis, only the demo. I should track down a copy. I have played the Last Crusade game thoroughly, and it too is awesome.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this, and a run of DoTT would be great. I love that game, it may be my favorite. You should go for it! It'd be pretty cool to see!

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I thought the leather jacket gag was Monkey Island?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    GrinninBarrettGrinninBarrett Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, I remember playing this game when I was a kid, and some other Indiana Jones game I can't recall; it did, however, involve shooting nazis and taking their lugers.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    arod_77 wrote: »
    Best adventure game ever

Nothing could be more true.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    Did the Last Crusade game come out before Fate of Atlantis? I think I remember seeing it in that one, though I'd be the first to admit my memory's foggy about the differences between the two games.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    apotheos wrote: »

It was a running gag introduced in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade and showed up in a couple of the later Lucasarts games. When you talk to a guy later it comes up as an option in Fate of Atlantis. I can't remember which, but I'll try to screen shot it.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I remember having to call the hint line for this one. My parents were PISSED.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    My god I Wish I had thought of this first

:-(.

anyway, when you get to NY, doesnt the game let you choose how to achieve a certain goal? in the room with the lights and whatnot.

if im right, which will you do?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    also, I have a laptop, and i dont have a floppy drive, but I have Sam and Max Hit the Road (FUCKING DIBS, YOU FUCKERS) on 7-8 floppy disks. yes, it's the original Sam and Max.

how would I go about playing it/LPing it? What are all you people using? How are you all so witty? How are you capturing this footage? Are you video capturing it, then going back and grabbing screen caps? Or just quick fingered enough to catch the good stuff when it comes mid-cutscene?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2007
    I've been using ScummVM for mine. It allows you to play the old Lucas Arts games on newer OS like XP without glitches. Check out their website and I think it had a version for Macs.

The space bar pauses the game, so I just hit that then take a screen shot, alt tab to paint and paste it. Then when I go to upload them I crop it down to size.

It also auto saves every 5 minutes for you so if you miss a screen shot load that up and get your shot.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Kelor wrote: »
    I've been using ScummVM for mine. It allows you to play the old Lucas Arts games on newer OS like XP without glitches. Check out their website and I think it had a version for Macs.

The space bar pauses the game, so I just hit that then take a screen shot, alt tab to paint and paste it. Then when I go to upload them I crop it down to size.

It also auto saves every 5 minutes for you so if you miss a screen shot load that up and get your shot.

i just fired up my copy of FoA, and when i hit space, a big thing just popped up onscreen to tell me i was paused. that would sort of get in the way, wouldnt it?

also, it seems like hard work. i applaud you, all of you, you Let's Players.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2007
    www.scummvm.org

But without a floppy drive, you're probably out of luck with your copy.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    also, you guys are great writers. the mario guy has banter, you have captions as does the KOTOR guy, and the Thief guy is more of an atmospheric playalong with no banter. different styles, all good.

I'm running my game catalog in my head right now, trying to see what games i could do. Grim Fandango? I just beat it recently, wasn't impressed, missed alot of stuff, walkthroughed most of it, felt the game was too open and didnt clue me in enough on what to do. But if I could LP it.

Or perhaps Sam and Max/Full Throttle/Day of the Tentacle, two of those (the ones not S and M) i have never played. I probably cant even get Sam and Max to run. it's all floppies.

edit: ok, i have these from an old computer I took apart.

img00001ws6.th.jpg

but not an idea of what to do with them.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Roleplaying games tend to be the easiest to write 'banter' for, as you can inject as much of xyz characteristic into your narrative. Whereas games in which you are a set character tend to be a little bit harder to do so, as you essentially need to write 'in-character', which may or may not be easy depending on the character.

For example it's a bit hard to put yourself in the shoes of Manny and write out additional witty dialogue and observations for Grim Fandango. You'd basically be just writing a brief walkthrough with pictures, unless you went to a lot of effort.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    Roleplaying games tend to be the easiest to write 'banter' for, as you can inject as much of xyz characteristic into your narrative. Whereas games in which you are a set character tend to be a little bit harder to do so, as you essentially need to write 'in-character', which may or may not be easy depending on the character.

For example it's a bit hard to put yourself in the shoes of Manny and write out additional witty dialogue and observations for Grim Fandango. You'd basically be just writing a brief walkthrough with pictures, unless you went to a lot of effort.

yeah, i guess every joke I could make, he would make already. even the fricking "what does this button do?" jokes, he makes. but i did read the GF novel. the not real, but still pretty good, novel.

I does love me some "Hijole!" and the choose your own convo with metal detector girl, classic.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I love how when I click on this thread the Indiana Jones theme starts automatically playing in my head. It's like some reaction on a subconscious level that I can't stop.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Star Wars, Quest For Glory and Indiana Jones do that for me. Halo is starting to get there, mainly because of the awesome Minibosses cover at PAX.

devoir on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    also, you guys are great writers. the mario guy has banter, you have captions as does the KOTOR guy, and the Thief guy is more of an atmospheric playalong with no banter. different styles, all good.

I'm running my game catalog in my head right now, trying to see what games i could do. Grim Fandango? I just beat it recently, wasn't impressed, missed alot of stuff, walkthroughed most of it, felt the game was too open and didnt clue me in enough on what to do. But if I could LP it.

Or perhaps Sam and Max/Full Throttle/Day of the Tentacle, two of those (the ones not S and M) i have never played. I probably cant even get Sam and Max to run. it's all floppies.

edit: ok, i have these from an old computer I took apart.

img00001ws6.th.jpg

but not an idea of what to do with them.

It wont work on your laptop.

See something like this: External USB Drive

Shens on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man... I was scared until the full picture loaded.

Looked like you were that guy from Star Trek with the visor.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis Part 2: Welcome To The Jungle

When we last joined our hero, he was traveling to New York to save former colleague and psychic Sophia Hapgood from the dastardly clutches of Klaus Kerner, (Also known as Mr Smith) all round nice guy and sometimes agent of Nazi Germany.

This one has a lot more talking and the dialogue isn't as easy to work with, so bear with it, it gets better.

13.jpg

And so Indy find himself in New York. Its probably best to fit in with the surrounding area so he grabs a paper from the news stand to read. The late edition in fact. Its too late to get inside so we make our way around to the rear entrance of the theater.

14.jpg

Now, you're looking at those boxes and thinking if I shift them around I could climb that ladder into the building aren't you? Well you'd be wrong. Too much damn effort. Lets try the door instead.

15.jpg

Biff, this is everyone. Everyone, this is Biff. He seems to have a slight chip on his shoulder towards "fancy-dan college boys." Although he may or may not have been called a Darwinian nightmare. Meh, details. More importantly, he's not going to let us through that door.

16.jpg

Challenging Indiana Jones to a fist fight is like taking a pot shot at Patrick Stewart in a TBS game. It just isn't done.

17.jpg

Well, in a manner of speaking. Biffs probably picking himself back up outside.

18.jpg

Well thats too long. We've got a Reich to stop god damn it.

Kleptomania pays off though, the guy wants Dodgers results and goes off to read the paper.

19.jpg

I'm a sucker for buttons and levers, so this is just too irresistible. Thats where ol' ghosty comes in handy.

20.jpg

Meet Nur-Ab-Sal. He's Sophia's personal spirit. Or something.

She seems a bit stuck here after it sets itself on fire in front of the audience.

After being humiliated she invites Indy upstairs to her room. :winky:

22.jpg

Looks like Klaus beat us here. The whole rooms been ransacked. I wonder what she wants to show us?

23.jpg

You heard her!

24.jpg

Oh.

25.jpg

Yeah. Sure. Vision.

But where can we find information on the Dialogue.

26.jpg

Now, I'm not so great at these things but I'm guessing we should go to Iceland.

Turns out while Indy was dating her during the Iceland expedition she stole a bunch of stuff, including that necklace.

To the airport! Right after we leave Klaus does his best impression of the Burger King with the boxes out back.

27.jpg

Ah flying. Come for the experience, leave the food. Seriously, the food is that bad.

Also, make sure you bring a life raft in case your pilots try to kill you Temple of Doom style.

28.jpg

The good Dr. Bjorn Heimdall. When he's not being stereotyped as a Swede, he enjoys spending his time in a fucking freezing cold cave in Iceland chipping things out of the ice.

According to him the artifacts that Sophia stole and he is cutting out were....

29.jpg

Great. So now Indy is getting directions from a psychic and a closet scientologist. Just some names of a couple of sane people would be great guys.

30.jpg
    31.jpg

Finally some leads. Time to leave this guy to freeze his ass off in the cave while we go someone warmer.

The Azores is supposed to be nice this time of year.

33.jpg

I don't know about Indy but I much prefer somewhere closer to the equator than Iceland. But thats just me

34.jpg

Much better.

35.jpg

Well actually I have some of these fine leather jackets. Or maybe you would like to feel closer to God?

36.jpg

He'll only talk to well known celebrities though.

37.jpg
    38.jpg

Indy's probably feeling a bit down after having the door slammed in his face, then opened back up to insulted and then slammed shut again. Sophia, you take over.

39.jpg

ITS NOT THAT BAD A NAME!

40.jpg

He's only going to talk if we can cough up a "rare Atlantean artifact." Yeah, I'll just go down the street and grab one. Be right back.

And off course, Sophia won't hand over hers. We're not going anywhere here so we might as well hunt down Sternhart.

41.jpg

Gotta burn those frequent flyer points.

42.jpg

Welcome to the jungle.

Feel free to throw on some Guns'n'Roses.

43.jpg

Anacondas aren't that bad. They're just misunderstood Indy. And we need to get over that gorge.

44.jpg

In a display that would put McGuyver to shame, Indy figures out that Whip + Animal = Solution.

Didn't even need a shoelace.

45.jpg

Indy: 1
    Mother Nature: 0

46.jpg

Success. Tree bridges are all the rage in Central America these days.

47.jpg

I was wondering that myself.

Apparently we should have taken the left turn at the jeep rather than go through the jungle.

Well ours was more fun, right Indy?

48.jpg

Meet Dr.Charles Sternhart PhD.

He lacks one crucial item in his merchandise though.

Fine leather jackets. Yes siree, nothing beats a fine leather jacket.

Anyways, about that lost dialogue.

49.jpg

Well the thought had crossed my mind.

50.jpg

Son of a bitch. I'm starting to hate Kerner more and more.

Turns out Sternhart translated the entire thing. But he only lets scholarly types in.

Guys a total Ivy League douche. I bet Biff and he would get on famously.

51.jpg
    52.jpg
    53.jpg
    54.jpg

Knock that shit off. Seriously, Indiana is a fucking awesome name. Whats wrong with you people?

55.jpg

He'll be convinced we're scholarly types if we can tell him the name of the Lost Dialogues.

Mobile phones haven't been invented yet so Indy can't call a friend and the bastard doesn't offer a 50/50.

Which leaves only one option, a member of the audience.

He does have one other piece of information though.

56.jpg

Looks like Atlanteans were advanced enough that they had transvestites. Who they used as slaves to build temples.

The Republicans would be proud.

57.jpg

Luckily for Indy the bird in the tree has had to put up with Sternhart talking to himself for so long he's turned into something of a history buff and is able to supply the name of the dialogue. Hermocrates.

One more chat with Mr PhD and we're in.

59.jpg

Nice temple. This swirly thing is kind of suspicious.

Leaving Sophia to chat with Sternhart. (Lets face it, with a personality like his the guys probably never been laid before in his life.)

60.jpg

In the mean time, Indy uses the time to relieve his kleptomaniac urges and get his hands on the souvenirs out front.

61.jpg

The kerosene from the lamp chews through the dirt around the swirly part, which fits perfectly with the statue on the wall.

Those sneaky not men.

62.jpg

Well I figure when you're going to make a historical discovery why think small?

63.jpg

Sweet. Now give it to me. I might need it while fending of Nazis.

64.jpg

Sonofabitch did a runner with my World disk. There was a door up back he managed to sneak out of.

Hope he ends up rotting in a cave. Still, we're up one more bead.

Not much to do around here, so Indy and Sophia head for the airport. Using the path this time

65.jpg

And that's it for this update. We're coming up quick to where I'm going to have to choose a path, Fists, Wits or Teamwork. I'm happy to do whichever you guys want, but I think that Fists is going to be the easier one to write about.

More Nazi bashing in that direction. Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    "...the template was built by men-who-are-not-men."

Looks like Atlanteans were advanced enough that they had transvestites. Who they used as slaves to build temples.

The Republicans would be proud.

You are made of win, good sir. May I offer you a brandy?

devoir on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Okay, I'll be honest, I have no idea what's going on. A Nazi stole a random statue with a bead inside of it, and then Indy goes to New York, and finds some lady in a theatre talking about Atlantis, and all of the sudden the Nazi ran-sacks her room for some unexplained reason?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I always got stuck in my copy on what I'm pretty sure was a bug.
    Ah, well.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sure, Fists would be 'easier to write about', but Teamwork has always been my favourite path. So go for that one. :P

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Okay, I'll be honest, I have no idea what's going on. A Nazi stole a random statue with a bead inside of it, and then Indy goes to New York, and finds some lady in a theatre talking about Atlantis, and all of the sudden the Nazi ran-sacks her room for some unexplained reason?

Ok, I'll run you through whats happened so far.

Indiana and Sophia were working together on the dig in Iceland originally, where the statue and necklace were found, amongst other things. The magazine that Klaus had on him mentioned the two items and where they could be found. The lost dialogue that was stolen from Sternhart probably mentioned the effects that orichalcum and Atlantean artifacts have when they interact with each other. (This is covered in a cut scene a little further ahead in the game of where we are currently.)

The Nazis have a physics scientist who is looking for a new power source to fuel a more powerful bomb than those currently available, so the scientist had Klaus Kerner go and look into it for him. (Again, this gets covered in the cut scene soon)

He stole the statue from Indy, then afterwards headed to New York to see Sophia and try and obtain whatever artifacts she had from the digs as well as information on Atlantis itself. She gave up archeology and became a psychic who also specialises in Atlantean history. Which she uses to fleece her followers (Shown by the fake ghost during her show.)

Though she believes that Nur Ab Sal is a real spiritual being that resides in her necklace, which is why she refuses to give it away.

Because she was giving her little speech downstairs when Klaus broke into her room, he missed the necklace and orichalcum bead that she placed in the pendant in that cutscene. Indy and Sophia are now trying to locate the Lost Dialogue to work out where the Nazis plan to head to next and prevent them from achieving their goals.

Costa said he knew the location of the Lost Dialogues, but would only tell them if they had a rare Atlantean artifact. The only one we currently know of is the one Bjorn was cutting out of the wall in Iceland, so we're heading over there now.

Sternhart found the Worldstone, which works as a key to gain entry to Atlantean buildings and outposts, however since he's run off with it the only option now is to regain the Dialogue, which gives the locations of Atlantis itself. Then Indy can go and cut the Nazis off at the pass.

Once I get my hands on the Dialogue, I'll take some screen shots of the entire thing, it explains more of the plot, what the Nazis are after and the worldstone and uses.

I might do a summary at the end of each entry for those who haven't played the game before. I could screen shot all the dialogue and cut scenes, but theres a lot and this entry would have been two or three times longer to cover it all. I will screen shot all the cut scene I was talking about though, its important to the story and should answer a lot of questions.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Okay, basically Mr Smith requests a viewing of the statue that Indy is trying to get in the introductory sequence. Indy brings the statue, Mr Smith steals the statue.

What they do find in what he left behind leads Indy to believe that his next visit will be to Sophia Hapgood, who Indy has a history with. Sophia's basically doing a stage psychic act. While Indy tries to get to talk to her, Mr Smith (Klaus Kerner) is actually in her office, looking for artifacts from Iceland.

Edit: beat'd like the evil guy in a kung fu film from the 70s.

devoir on
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, when the time comes, are you going wits, fists, or... christ, whats the other one? Friendship?

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

So what am I, chopped liver?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    seabass wrote: »
    So, when the time comes, are you going wits, fists, or... christ, whats the other one? Friendship?

You guys can pick. I'm more partial to Fists, since its truer to the Indy movies, but I'm happy doing either Wits or Teamwork.

Ok, I'm up to the cut scene in Germany now, which means the path thing is just around the corner.

Once this cutscene is finished, I'll update that then check the thread for which path you guys would prefer to take after I finish up at work tomorrow.

I think its too late to create a poll, but if anyone knows how to add one PM me so I can change it.

Theres three paths:

Fists: Indy is alone, puzzles are not as frequent and there is more Nazi bashing.

Wits: Indy is alone, puzzles crop up more often with less Nazi bashing.

Teamwork: Indy works together with Sophia, mostly puzzles and working together with Sophia to solve them. Much less bashing of Nazis.

These paths all end up dove tailing into the point where you reach Atlantis, so while the ending is the same (well, theres an alternate ending as well) the way you get there is different. Someone could always do the other paths I don't if they like.

Kelor on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for getting me up to date, I appreciate it. I always read Let's Play threads about games I have never played before but want to see, so I usually don't have a lot of info about it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh God... the nostalgia. I played the demo when I was like 8. Frustrating to not be able to get your hands on ScummVM games until nowadays, when many are rapidly becoming abandonware.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    theSquid wrote: »
    Oh God... the nostalgia. I played the demo when I was like 8. Frustrating to not be able to get your hands on ScummVM games until nowadays, when many are rapidly becoming abandonware.

And the ones to be had on Ebay still cost a fortune.

I'm so damn lucky I beat the boxes before they got taken to the dump.

Christ, there was so much in there. Stygian Abyss, Syndicate, Dune and Dune II, practically every Lucasarts game ever made, Curse of Enchantia, Kings Quest and the list goes on. Like I said, it took me about 40 minutes to dig through it all.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I picked this up for a song at a car boot sale when I was at my grandparents', and got to Atlantis via all three paths. I then couldn't finish (I was eleven and without the Internet for help). So I'll be looking forward to seeing how it ended :P

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]