As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video Game Sales Numbers 3: We <3 Analysts

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well in Europe there's what?

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
    Twilight Princess
    RE4: Wii edition
    ExciteTruck
    Super Paper Mario
    Mario Strikers: Charged Football
    SSX Blur
    Sonic and the Secret Rings

LewieP on
  • Options
    WickerBasketWickerBasket Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    titmouse wrote: »

Shit you didn't like also doesn't equal no good games. You argued that Super Mario Galaxy would sell well because there are no good games for the Wii and then when you were called on it you just added a bunch of qualifiers that make no sense considering the original argument. It is like arguing that there are no good games for the 360 and dismissing them because they are just shooters and racers or you didn't like the games.

Well in Europe there's what? Not much of anything. Should I play wii sports more, or ravin rabbits? My wii's in my closet right now because I'm disgusted with it.

Mario Strikers, Excite Truck, Elebits, Metal Slug Anthology, RE4:Wii, MySims, etc. Whether or not you actually like these games doesn't really matter. You not liking these games doesn't make them bad games.
    Mario Strikers = party game.
    Excite truck = n64 port.
    Elebits = kiddy crap.
    Metal slug anthology = port of old games
    Re4 wii = port.
    MySims = the Sims

To me, they're not real games. If you like that kinda thing fair enough. I'm used to more traditional nintendo games.

Edit: I own Trauma Centre on DS and SSX doesn't control well enough for it to be a purchase for me. Also, Sonic is basically a memory game which I am not fond of.

WickerBasket on
    "please get on point coward baby magets."

PSN = Wicker86 ________ Gamertag = Wicker86
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Neva wrote: »
    Just like how the PS3 has a ton of great games out right now. Too bad it doesn't have more Halo though :(

In comparison to the Wii, yeah it does. There's probably 3 or 4 games I'd pick up for it. Shame about the price.

Was mostly kidding as most of the people who are saying your stupid for saying that the Wii doesn't have a good selection yet are the same ones that say the PS3 doesn't have a good selection. Also if you don't like most of the Wii games so far, it's probably because there isn't Halo on it.

But yeah, I can't wait for Galaxy and SSB myself.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Shit you didn't like also doesn't equal no good games. You argued that Super Mario Galaxy would sell well because there are no good games for the Wii and then when you were called on it you just added a bunch of qualifiers that make no sense considering the original argument. It is like arguing that there are no good games for the 360 and dismissing them because they are just shooters and racers or you didn't like the games.

Well in Europe there's what? Not much of anything. Should I play wii sports more, or ravin rabbits? My wii's in my closet right now because I'm disgusted with it.

Mario Strikers, Excite Truck, Elebits, Metal Slug Anthology, RE4:Wii, MySims, etc. Whether or not you actually like these games doesn't really matter. You not liking these games doesn't make them bad games.
    Mario Strikers = party game.
    Excite truck = n64 port.
    Elebits = kiddy crap.
    Metal slug anthology = port of old games
    Re4 wii = port.
    MySims = the Sims

To me, they're not real games. If you like that kinda thing fair enough. I'm used to more traditional nintendo games.
    Now you are just trolling.

Couscous on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Excite truck = n64 port.
    Elebits = kiddy crap.

To me, they're not real games.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2206062

LewieP on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    :arrow: to neogaf

Guek on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    OK WickerBasket opinions are no longer to be listened too.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Why? Because I don't share your views? I've already stated I think Galaxy will be a 3 Million seller at least and my reasons why I think so.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

Why? Because I don't share your views?

No because you're a retard.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

no, beacuse you're an idiot. not liking games is fine. being an idiot is not.

Guek on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Why? Because I don't share your views? I've already stated I think Galaxy will be a 3 Million seller at least and my reasons why I think so.

For one, you called Mario Strikers a party game, Excite Truck a port, and Elebits "kiddy crap".

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Guek wrote: »

If you're just going to throw insults there's no point in you even replying.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    WickerBasket reminds me of OneEyedJack.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    R0b0KyR0b0Ky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    galaxy with break 1 mil before the end of the year. 2 mil before the end of the 4rth quarter (which ends at the start of Feb or something like that, right?)

Im going to guess it will sell less. I think most people are waiting on Brawl over Galaxy. Well I am. Didnt people also predict the same kind of high sales for Prime 3?

Except...all we know is the first 3 days of sales for prime 3, which were good, if not bioshock levels. It'll definately break 1M with the september NPD. And besides that, if any "hardcore" game is going to sell to the casuals, it'd be mario.

I dont think Prime 3 will break 1 million in the September NPD. People are attributing too much to the August NPD being 'just the first 3 days'

Big name franchies stack their sales early. for example, Halo 2 had over 2 million sales in the first 3 days.

Prime 3 is not going to trend as high as it did for those 3 days. You cant just extend those sales for another month at that rate to get over 1 million.

I recall reasonable people predicting that MP3 would get 200-300k in the Aug 07 NPD numbers. In comparison the original Metroid Prime took about 10 days to reach 250k in the US.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/378/378902p1.html

Comparing Metroid sales with Mario sales doesn't make all that much sense to begin with. Mario Sunshine sold about 5 million worldwide and Mario64 sold about 11 million worldwide (wikipedia lol) while i don't think any Metroid game has sold over 2 million.

As a reference to mario selling on Wii, Mario Party 8 has sold over 1 million in the US based on NPD and over 750k in Japan based on Media Create.

R0b0Ky on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Calling Mario Strikers "A party game" isn't helping your case, mind.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited September 2007

It's not an insult if it's fact.

There's just ignorance on your part.

Excitetruck is not an N64 port you twit.

Pata on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can understand where WB's coming from. I have only bought TP and Paper Mario for my Wii. I was feeling pretty underwhelmed by the system until MP3 came out. Poor Europe.

But to equate "I don't like these games" to "Wii has no good games" is fucking retarded.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pata wrote: »

Sorry, I just assumed because of the graphics, that was ignorance on my part.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

Sorry, I just assumed because of the graphics, that was ignorance on my part.

So you're blind too.

Got it.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

So you're blind too.

Got it.

You guys sure do like to insult others who don't share your opinion. I guess we could all circle jerk and have no discussion, would you prefer that?

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

So you're blind too.

Got it.

You guys sure do like to insult others who don't share your opinion. I guess we could all circle jerk and have no discussion, would you prefer that?

We like discussion.

We don't like people who don't know anything and spew idiocy.

Guess which one you are.

Pata on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

So you're blind too.

Got it.

We like discussion.

Guess which one you are.

Who is a spewer of idiocy Alex?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2007

We like discussion.

Guess which one you are.

I'm guessing I can't BE discussion, because it'd be impossible to be that all by my lonesome. You're really only giving me one choice so it's a bit unfair.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

So you're blind too.

Got it.

you're "opinion" borders on retarded and treads highly on insulting. It's not so much about what you're saying but how you're saying it. You come off as an asshole tard. Excite Truck is obviously not a 64 port and really doesn't look like one. In fact, in single player mode, it looks quite nice on a large TV. You just come off as a troll, especially when you present your opinion as fact.

Guek on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey, he is adding to the discussion. Frankly, there are no new numbers to talk about. It's going to be pretty boring for the next few weeks, but as October goes on this will become more and more interesting.

Wicker, as long as you have numbers to back up what you say there is no way you can be wrong. This thread isn't about the quality of the games, its about the sales. Tons of shitty games get great sales, and tons of great games get shitty sales.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hey, he is adding to the discussion. Frankly, there are no new numbers to talk about. It's going to be pretty boring for the next few weeks, but as October goes on this will become more and more interesting.

Wicker, as long as you have numbers to back up what you say there is no way you can be wrong. This thread isn't about the quality of the games, its about the sales. Tons of shitty games get great sales, and tons of great games get shitty sales.

It started off with me claiming Galaxy would end up at 3 million sales or more because the wii had no good games. So initially it was about sales. :P

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

Look its shooter-box 360 (I mean 1.5) and Glorified DVD player 3 (with no games ;-)).
    Hey guys I'm not trolling. I'm discussing things by stating opinions :lol::lol::lol:

R0b0Ky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    R0b0Ky wrote: »
    Look its shooter-box 360 (I mean 1.5) and Glorified DVD player 3 (with no games ;-)).
    Hey guys I'm not trolling. I'm discussing things by stating opinions :lol::lol::lol:
    Can the wii even play dvds? That'd be a pretty cool use for my wii.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    R0b0Ky wrote: »
    Can the wii even play dvds? That'd be a pretty cool use for my wii.

It cant but there are rumblings of a hardware revision to allow this. Though thats much farther down the line.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to start handing out infractions if this...whatever it is...between Wicker and some of you continues.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    I'm going to start handing out infractions if this...whatever it is...between Wicker and some of you continues.

Sorry, I honestly had no idea the claim was so outrageous. I sort of seen the Wii like the DS, sort of mediocrye first year with awesomeness to follow.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007

It started off with me claiming Galaxy would end up at 3 million sales or more because the wii had no good games. So initially it was about sales. :P

Yeah, I was there for that, just not what happend later. Game sales wise, the Wii is behind the 360, which it should be, coming out a year later. There are more million sellers on the 360. Both of them are waay ahead of the PS3 in game sales though. People are always complaining about the Wii's lack of 3rd party support when the PS3 doesn't have a single 3rd party million seller, and the Wii has two or three.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I predict Galaxy will sell at least 8 million, and maybe more.
    That would only be 50% more than Sunshine, after all.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Xagarath wrote: »

Lifetime, sure, but how much in the first month?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to be ballsy and predict 3 million within the first week, with 8 million total sellthrough.

WickerBasket on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    it feels like saying so and so game will sell a couple mil in the first month is just a little...rash? I dunno. We can say it about halo but halo is this bizarre anamoly. galaxy will sell millions, for sure, but isn't selling a couple million in the first month a bit...unheard of?

Guek on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »

Worldwide? Or a particular region?

R0b0Ky on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah, I was there for that, just not what happend later. Game sales wise, the Wii is behind the 360, which it should be, coming out a year later. There are more million sellers on the 360. Both of them are waay ahead of the PS3 in game sales though. People are always complaining about the Wii's lack of 3rd party support when the PS3 doesn't have a single 3rd party million seller, and the Wii has two or three.
    Both Resistance and Motorstorm were made by third party companies but produced by Sony. Well, I guess Evolution is now part of Sony.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »

US or worldwide?

Middle of November=Big sales in Europe and America. It could do one million that month over here, and 3 million worldwide. Possibly. Depends on how much they decide to advertise it.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Both Resistance and Motorstorm were made by third party companies but produced by Sony. Well, I guess Evolution is now part of Sony.

And who developed the other one? They are much closer to a second party, hell, almost a 1.5 party. They don't do jack for non Sony companies.

Xenogears of Bore on
This discussion has been closed.