Options

Vbulletin Rep system

DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdooryou're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
As I understand it , Vbulletin has a rep system....this system has led to repwhoring on every single Vbulletin forum I've been on that has it, and I'm curious as to whether the PA forums ever had it?

Dhalphir on

Posts

  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    nope

    Monoxide on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    As I understand it , Vbulletin has a rep system....this system has led to repwhoring on every single Vbulletin forum I've been on that has it, and I'm curious as to whether the PA forums ever had it?

    I don't think so. Unless I'm completely oblivious and I've missed it over the past 4 years.

    Though, I guess it's possible they had one on the board before the first revamp.

    Invisible on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2007
    no rep system ever under any circumstances

    Tube on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2007
    oh and it is in vbulletin. we have it turned off.

    Tube on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2007
    Because, frankly, we are better than any other vBulletin forum you've been on.

    Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    yeah I know its in vbulletin. And I agree. Rep systems lead to nothing but rep-whoring.

    I was just curious if PA had ever tried it.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2007
    You can still rate threads and it musses up the formatting. You'll just have to settle for that.

    Aroduc on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "Rep-whoring?" Is that the reputation system you're referring to?

    Yeah, it's about the stupidest fucking idea I've ever seen.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    yeah I know its in vbulletin. And I agree. Rep systems lead to nothing but rep-whoring.

    I was just curious if PA had ever tried it.

    PA has its own rep system. You're either banned, hated, loved, accepted, or tolerated.

    MKR on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    yeah I know its in vbulletin. And I agree. Rep systems lead to nothing but rep-whoring.

    I was just curious if PA had ever tried it.

    PA has its own rep system. You're either banned, hated, loved, accepted, or tolerated.

    Where is this displayed?

    LewieP on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    yeah I know its in vbulletin. And I agree. Rep systems lead to nothing but rep-whoring.

    I was just curious if PA had ever tried it.

    PA has its own rep system. You're either banned, hated, loved, accepted, or tolerated.

    Where is this displayed?

    It's displayed by the manner in which people react to your posts. :)

    MKR on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    yeah I know its in vbulletin. And I agree. Rep systems lead to nothing but rep-whoring.

    I was just curious if PA had ever tried it.

    PA has its own rep system. You're either banned, hated, loved, accepted, or tolerated.

    Where is this displayed?

    Mostly Tolerated: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=15009

    Not Tolerated: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=5502

    Please don't hurt me.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
Sign In or Register to comment.