As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] My Mounts, let me show you them

2»

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hmph, I've only got a epic brown ram, Alterac ram, black mechostrider, some random talbuk, normal white ram, swift broom, white gryphon and a black ram:(

Tav on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have a purple skeletal warhorse, a black war kodo, black war raptor, black war wolf, tawny windrider, blue windrider, frostwolf howler, blue skeletal horse x 2, the normal flying broom and the swift land broom.

this is across 2 70s.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2007
    My druid has his netherdrake, but Swift Flight Form means never using other mounts.

My paladin, once her darkmoon deck is finished and Scryer rep grind done, will focus on getting epic training so I can have the CE mount in 2.3.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Seaborn111Seaborn111 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Welp, just finished my current go-around of mount farming. all that's left for me is the raven mount.

i have:
    netherdrake.jpg

along with Raptor, Talbuk, Nether ray, Kodo, Cockatrice, War horse, wolf, and wyvern.

damn you, blizzard, and your collectibles!

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
    It's impossible for us to without a doubt prove the non-existence of God. We just have to take it on faith that he's imaginary..
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I have two flavors of battlecat, a white gryphon, a epic purple griffon, a nether ray, and two flavors of drake. I'm just barely revered with kurenai, and I've seriously considered grinding out a talbuk.

I am a consumer whore.

I also had a shot at the raven mount once, but I lost the roll. It is pretty awesome.

Two flavors of drake? How?
    Once you've got exalted with netherwing you can just go and buy the mounts from a vendor on the Netherwing ledge.

Yeah, I bought an onyx one, which of course, happens to be the very same one everyone else on the entire server decided to get.

Was thinking about getting a diff. color, what's the cost on those?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I got black war kodo and raptor, red warhorse, Frostwolf, veridian and onyx netherdrakes, and silver skyray mounts. Just picked up the Brewfest ram, which is my current fav. I'd love to have a raven mount, but I don't have the patience to farm for it.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't see the appeal of the netherdrake, aside from a collecting perspective.

It's too BIG. And past green & black, the colors look the same. There's no RED drake. I might get one if they had a red drake...

And if you play with sounds on, it's WHOOSHFLAPWHOOSHFLAP-migraine-inducing goodness. I get glared at every time I sit idly next to one. -_-

zagi on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I have two flavors of battlecat, a white gryphon, a epic purple griffon, a nether ray, and two flavors of drake. I'm just barely revered with kurenai, and I've seriously considered grinding out a talbuk.

I am a consumer whore.

I also had a shot at the raven mount once, but I lost the roll. It is pretty awesome.

Two flavors of drake? How?
    Once you've got exalted with netherwing you can just go and buy the mounts from a vendor on the Netherwing ledge.

Yeah, I bought an onyx one, which of course, happens to be the very same one everyone else on the entire server decided to get.

Was thinking about getting a diff. color, what's the cost on those?

200g, as far as I know.

Yeah, everyone seems to get the Onyx one, so I might get the green one.

you know what I want as a mount?

The dragons in Caverns of Time.

Or Frost wyrms.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Seaborn111Seaborn111 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    give me a frostwyrm mount or a bat mount, i'll die happy. thank you.

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
    It's impossible for us to without a doubt prove the non-existence of God. We just have to take it on faith that he's imaginary..
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My new pride and joy. Which I spent far too much money buying runecloth on the AH to get.
    wowscrnshot110107174059ju7.jpg

I also have an orange raptor, a purple windrider and the veridian drake.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hi !

As a non-collector and recent level 61 attainee. Im wondering if its worth shelling out the 540g for the riding skill for my epic land mount?

Could i just wait until 70 and buy the flying skill (as im halfway there gold wise) ?

Afty on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Afty wrote: »
    Hi !

As a non-collector and recent level 61 attainee. Im wondering if its worth shelling out the 540g for the riding skill for my epic land mount?

Could i just wait until 70 and buy the flying skill (as im halfway there gold wise) ?

Sadly you have to buy the epic riding in order to get the flying skill

Brainleech on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Get your land mount. It will be invaluable in speeding up doing quests and moving from place to place. And also the epic land mount is faster than the flying mount and by the time you hit 70 you will have earned all the gold back anyway.

Plus if you want to do anything back in Azeroth the flying mount isn't going to help there.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Sadly you have to buy the epic riding in order to get the flying skill
    That too :P

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanks guys

Afty on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Outland is designed to get you around 2,000 or so gold by the time you hit 70. Enough to buy class skills, your epic land mount and basic flying mount with enough left over for a bit of tradeskill leveling.

Don't buy crap off the AH and you should be fine.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also remember you get more money for quests completed at 70. So if you can do it at all, do as much grinding in instances as you can. Rest xp is your friend as well.

Netherstorm and SMV alone should be about 1500 gold.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    xzzy wrote: »
    Also remember you get more money for quests completed at 70. So if you can do it at all, do as much grinding in instances as you can. Rest xp is your friend as well.

Netherstorm and SMV alone should be about 1500 gold.
    My druid, while having the advantage of rest exp practially from 60-70, managed to get epic training by doing all of Shadowmoon, BEM and Netherstorm. I also had a couple of patterns drop for a goof 400-500g and a 500g donation from a guildmate. Buuuut, I gave ALL my greens to someone to be disenchanted for later. Had I sold the greens or auctioned off the enchanting mats it might have made a big difference.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png