As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes - Season 2 [spoilers] - Now with less black emo tears!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes I have come to realize this.
    It's like the writers go on vacation during the middle of the show.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    An episode that can make me like West a bit?

It was good.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, you guys thought this episode was bad?
    The episodes up to this were horrible.
    This episode was fuck awesome in so many ways.

Who said it was bad? This was the best episode of the season.

It might have been more dramatic if Claire juice wasn't used at the end, but hey, considering the other results we can hardly complain.

Next week may beat this one. *glee*

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I was afraid our cynicism had gotten the better of us.
    :D

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh yea, it was good. I'm a little annoyed about the introduction of a reset button but overall I enjoyed the episode.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    "Are you kidding me?"

This was the best part.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Geod wrote: »
    Sigh of relief...
    Noah is too awesome to die.

EDIT: Whoops, disregard... just meant to edit.

Geod on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I like that zappy girl has a more rounded character now.

• Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm loving Matt's subplot, and he was my least favorite character in the first season. Claire's storyline amped up a great deal too.

I also don't mind bringing people back to life when it happens in the same episode.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm loving Matt's subplot, and he was my least favorite character in the first season. Claire's storyline amped up a great deal too.

I also don't mind bringing people back to life when it happens in the same episode.

Man can you imagine Claire with her current personality but whiny about having the blood to save the world? Jesus christ.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Man can you imagine Claire with her current personality but whiny about having the blood to save the world? Jesus christ.

Were you being Ironic?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007

Were you being Ironic?

;-)

Cept Hayzus wasn't a biatch.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I like Matt's story too, cause honestly, who wouldn't start to abuse that power if you had it?

"Excuse me, Miss Jolie, but I believe you wanted to head back to your hotel room and have crazy monkey sex all night. No, really, I think you do want to."

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mad with power he will go.
    Also Mother Petrelli was pretty good in that scene.

• Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Were you being Ironic?

Wow, this made me laugh a great deal.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I like Matt's story too, cause honestly, who wouldn't start to abuse that power if you had it?

"Excuse me, Miss Jolie, but I believe you wanted to head back to your hotel room and have crazy monkey sex all night. No, really, I think you do want to."

The best part is that we got to spend a season with him as a well-meaning oaf and believed that that was all he'd amount to. Usually, you can see corruption happening a mile away, or it occurs before the story even begins.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, that was a pretty good episode.
    The older actors are really great in this show. They need more screen time.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like that zappy girl has a more rounded character now.

She seems changed by the idea that Claire's daddy loves Claire more than her daddy loves her. Hilarity can only ensue.

By hilarity I mean something happens and she turns on pa and we all laugh and laugh.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yea, what Elle needed was more reasons to be insane-o.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So the part where Noah's eye comes back Terminator style because of the Magic Healing blood is good times. But who else thinks they wasted the whole load on rezzing him?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    So the part where Noah's eye comes back Terminator style because of the Magic Healing blood is good times. But who else thinks they wasted the whole load on rezzing him?

I don't see why they wouldn't have been stockpiling Adam's blood all along.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

I don't see why they wouldn't have been stockpiling Adam's blood all along.

D: Oh god.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    "The last thing I told my dad was that I hate him."

No, Claire. The last thing you said to him was "Dad, the painting!"

Also, does this mean that HRG will still need glasses?

Oh, and I'm pretty damned sure that Adam's blood must have some sort of side effect now. They can't have that much of a plot device unless they also have a reason not to use it down the road.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    "The last thing I told my dad was that I hate him."

No, Claire. The last thing you said to him was "Dad, the painting!"

Oh, and I'm pretty damned sure that Adam's blood must have some sort of side effect now. They can't have that much of a plot device unless they also have a reason not to use it down the road.
    Maybe it's reproducing in Adam's blood that makes the virus mutate into the super-virus that decimates the world population?

see317 on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Here're the preview trailers for episode 10.

I was a fan of episode 9 if only for the lack of Maaahjaaa, it's a good job that Sylar comes back possibly repowered next ep.

Side question: how was Hiro's sword ever repaired after Sylar broke it in his mum's apartment?

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Actually, maybe HRG is how the virus crosses over to humans?
    Cojones wrote: »
    Side question: how was Hiro's sword ever repaired after Sylar broke it in his mum's apartment?

Bad writing, basically. A sword is basically hundreds of thousands of layers of carbon steel folded together and yadda yadda yadda. The best metallurgists in the world still have no idea how the Japanese made their swords, even with available instructions, much less how to make swords on the level of the legendary one. Some people speculate that there were some unique mineral properties in the water supply back then that are no longer available today.

On the show, Hiro just takes it to a sword shop, and there repair it within a day. Imagine taking a CD that's been snapped in two, and trying to re-assemble it so that it still plays in your CD player. Yeah...

Even if you ignore the realism aspects of that, it kind of destroys the entire mythos of the sword when you can have an ordinary blacksmith repair a sword that probably took weeks and weeks to produce in less than a day.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, so you're saying that's not possible??

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

His entire eye regenerated back from nothing. Kind of funny how it's still possible to wonder that. But considering that his old pair was completely shattered, I would be surprised if he regenerated an imperfect eye. Perhaps the site will finally stop calling him frickin' "HRG".

Although I hope the plot doesn't go "friends mourn for loss of loved one who is actually still alive but can't tell them for such-and-such reason" again right after the whole thing with Nathan and Peter. Get out of there, Bennet.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Suspension of disbelief, my friend.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Joshua368 wrote: »
    His entire eye regenerated back from nothing. Kind of funny how it's still possible to wonder that. But considering that his old pair was completely shattered, I would be surprised if he regenerated an imperfect eye.

Remember, this is a show where Peter still has a massive scar on his face 5 years in the future even though the scar would have happened after he met Claire.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Bad writing, basically. A sword is basically hundreds of thousands of layers of carbon steel folded together and yadda yadda yadda. The best metallurgists in the world still have no idea how the Japanese made their swords, even with available instructions, much less how to make swords on the level of the legendary one. Some people speculate that there were some unique mineral properties in the water supply back then that are no longer available today.

On the show, Hiro just takes it to a sword shop, and there repair it within a day. Imagine taking a CD that's been snapped in two, and trying to re-assemble it so that it still plays in your CD player. Yeah...

Even if you ignore the realism aspects of that, it kind of destroys the entire mythos of the sword when you can have an ordinary blacksmith repair a sword that probably took weeks and weeks to produce in less than a day.

I was always under the impression that the smith had metal manipulation powers. He had the "sign" hanging on the wall, and Hiro's dad was visiting him. But the smith does indicate that fixing the sword is "up to" Hiro's father, so maybe he is the one who can manipulate metal. So there are two explanations anyway.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

The only thing I can think of is that the swordsmith had the 'mark' on the advert and the store sign (I believe)

So maybe a...uh...swordsmith with powers?

tachyon on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    whoa

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    this was my favorite season 2 ep by far

West's acting still sucked
    "Mr. Benett! What ARE you DOing"

It might be the lack of Peter and Nikki that did it, and because for me Bob being awesome balanced out West sucking

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fleck0 wrote: »

It might be the lack of Peter and Nikki that did it, and because for me Bob being awesome balanced out West sucking
    Don't forget Matt being a complete bad-ass and forcing Angela Petrelli to reveal who the mystery lady was.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Don't forget Matt being a complete bad-ass and forcing Angela Petrelli to reveal who the mystery lady was.

Oh yes, I mentioned him in my original post which didnt take for some reason, but I fell in love with Matt all over again tonight <3

*matt spoiler from a few eps ago
    well actually I started liking him again in the ep wherein he met his Dad, but he was a baddass tonight as well

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Yes, definitely. That actor still sucks balls.

And does anyone else find it odd that HRG is limitted to using duct tape at this point? No handcuffs?

Oh, and Elle is an idiot for not realizing that water and electricity don't mix at this point.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yes, definitely. That actor still sucks balls.

And does anyone else find it odd that HRG is limitted to using duct tape at this point? No handcuffs?

Oh, and Elle is an idiot for not realizing that water and electricity don't mix at this point.

She's Insane. I wouldn't be surprised to see her down a bottle or two of aspirin to see what happens.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    HiveHive Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I thought he just got a new one.

Hive on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and I still want to find out what Sulu's power is.

Schrodinger on