As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes - Season 2 [spoilers] - Now with less black emo tears!

• Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and I still want to find out what Sulu's power is.

He says that he's been waiting for someone in the Nakamura line to manifest powers. I kind of thought that meant he didn't have any himself.

Though he said something along the lines of, "We are gods," today, so I don't know what's up.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Best episode yet, IMO. I'm not used to shit actually happening.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Really, I pegged Adam as the killer from week one, but the more I think about it, the less the scene seems consistent with everything else.

1) Adam goes through all that trouble to spook and taunt the rest of the 12. He sends Maury to spook the hell out of Angela Petrelli just so she won't talk, and then slowly bides his time. And after all that effort, when he's finally ready to make his move... he puts on a hooded sweatshirt and throws Sulu off a building, without saying a single word? Seems anti-climatic considering the buildup. And I have a hard time believing that a character with a God complex like Adam would be scurrying around like some emo kid. This is a guy who named himself "sword saint," he's not exactly a bashful fellow.

2) Sulu never suspected him. Really? You didn't supsect the guy who was locked up for 30 years because he was seen as too much of a threat, and who recently escaped? Even if he didn't know that Takezo escaped, a better response would have been, "How did you get out?" or "I thought you were locked away?"

3) I am highly doubtful that Hiro never once mentioned his family named to Takezo. Or, at the very least, you would have expected Peter to mention the time traveling guy named "Hiro Nakamura" at some point in their conversations. So a simple question of "Where is your son?" might have been appropriate. Given that no one, not even Molly, would have known where Hiro was at that point, or when he might be coming back. Or, maybe Takezo could have left a signature at the crime scene, just for Hiro to find, and to let Hiro know that he was coming for him. Of course, there would have been no record of this when the police came afterwards, because Hiro would have already taken it.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Really, I pegged Adam as the killer from week one, but the more I think about it, the less the scene seems consistent with everything else.

1) Adam goes through all that trouble to spook and taunt the rest of the 12. He sends Maury to spook the hell out of Angela Petrelli just so she won't talk, and then slowly bides his time. And after all that effort, when he's finally ready to make his move... he puts on a hooded sweatshirt and throws Sulu off a building, without saying a single word? Seems anti-climatic considering the buildup. And I have a hard time believing that a character with a God complex like Adam would be scurrying around like some emo kid. This is a guy who named himself "sword saint," he's not exactly a bashful fellow.

2) Sulu never suspected him. Really? You didn't supsect the guy who was locked up for 30 years because he was seen as too much of a threat, and who recently escaped? Even if he didn't know that Takezo escaped, a better response would have been, "How did you get out?" or "I thought you were locked away?"

3) I am highly doubtful that Hiro never once mentioned his family named to Takezo. Or, at the very least, you would have expected Peter to mention the time traveling guy named "Hiro Nakamura" at some point in their conversations. So a simple question of "Where is your son?" might have been appropriate. Given that no one, not even Molly, would have known where Hiro was at that point, or when he might be coming back. Or, maybe Takezo could have left a signature at the crime scene, just for Hiro to find, and to let Hiro know that he was coming for him. Of course, there would have been no record of this when the police came afterwards, because Hiro would have already taken it.

What makes you think he gives a shit about Hiro Nakakakakakamura?

Hiro cares cause it's been all of twenty minutes for him. We care cause it's been what... two weeks?

Adam has had 336 years to dwell on it. He's nothing if not patient.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    BTW, I liked the scene where Bob tried to lay the guilt trip on Claire, but I wish they had done more with it. While I'm not a drinker, I'm pretty sure that alcohol doesn't cause hallucinations. Or at least not the type of hallucinations that the cheerleader reported. So Bob could have said something along the lines of:

"Look Claire, we don't think it was just alcohol. We think it's a lot more serious than that. Do you know if she was taking any drugs that night? Anything that would cause hallucinations? Because the only other alternative is that your friend is ill, and she needs to start medication before her delusions get worse."

"Aren't you overreacting?"

"She still stands by her story. She won't admit she has a problem."

That way, Claire might actually start feeling some guilt and remorse over her actions, as well as being forced to take some responsibility for herself. Does she do what's right and admit the truth, or does she save her own skin and let an innocent girl suffer? Of course, they could have done a copout afterwards, but at least we would have seen her squirm.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Greeper wrote: »

Hiro cares cause it's been all of twenty minutes for him. We care cause it's been what... two weeks?

"As long as I have breath, anything you love I will lay to waste. I swear... You will suffer."
    - Adam (as Kensei) (to Hiro) (Out of Time)

Yeah, I'm sure that there was absolutely no payoff for that statement.

And the guy was locked up for at least 30 years, since before Hiro was born. It's not that he's learned patience, it's that the wait and the anticipation was forced upon him. What would you dwell on in all that time? I don't know... maybe all the people who've wronged you in the past? Obviously, the guy holds a grudge, or he wouldn't start killing people off as soon as he broke out of there.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Greeper wrote: »

"As long as I have breath, anything you love I will lay to waste. I swear... You will suffer."
    - Adam (as Kensei) (to Hiro) (Out of Time)

Yeah, I'm sure that there was absolutely no payoff for that statement.

And the guy was locked up for at least 30 years, since before Hiro was born. It's not that he's learned patience, it's that the wait and the anticipation was forced upon him. What would you dwell on in all that time? I don't know... maybe all the people who've wronged you in the past? Obviously, the guy holds a grudge, or he wouldn't start killing people off as soon as he broke out of there.

Ok, good point.

so maybe he's trying something else. Like I dunno, eliminating his last remaining family members, fucking him over generally, corrupting his friends and generally being a douchebag rather than the plain ole 'let's kill him' shit.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Remember last year how everyone complained about the anti-climatic way that Hiro stabbed Sylar? That's what this reminded me of. There just needed to be more.

One thing to keep in mind is that from Kaito's perspective, Takezo was only going after the company, and would have absolutely no reason to go after Hiro. By having Takezo reveal that he was going after Hiro, you would add a parrallel to the Bob/HRG storyline. Kaito goes from being a man at peace to a man who desperately wants to protect his son, adding an extra bit of tragedy to his death, the final and unexpected twist of the knife. Kaito accepts his fate, but decides he won't go without a fight. Hiro teleports to the ground as his father is dying, this time being the one to comfort his father.

I think one problem is that they stretched out the "mystery" way too long. They already spoilered the fact that Takezo was immortal and that he would become a villain before the season even started, which was a major clue. The longer they stretched it out, the more time people had to think about it, the less it made sense.

It might have worked better if they revealed that Takezo was the killer in the premier, and the rest of the season was figuring out what would cause a seemingly good guy to go bonkers. You would also keep the audience more engaged, because you could draw more parallels between what was happening to Hiro in the past to what was happening in the present, rather than making it seem like a "side story." His first appearence with Peter would still be surprising, however, because we wouldn't expect Peter to be associating with a guy who killed Hiro's father.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

1.Why make an elaborate plan when dealing with a time traveler? Kill his father as quickly and efficiently as possible. Perhaps as often as possible if need be.

2. You tend not to suspect someone that to your knowledge is locked away.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys can we start a debate about how the haitian's power suppresion is actually just making people 'forget' how to use their powers since having 2 different powers is impossible?

Or he just has one power after all: the ability to manipulate other people's brains. A lesser effect is to disrupt their ability to concentrate on powers, a greater effect is to erase memories.

Anywho, I just reached breaking point on the whole Claire being a whiny teen.

Jesus Christ Claire. You remember Ted? The guy who almost nuked your whole family? Apparently nobody does. Ted was pretty fucking good reason for your dad to go around abducting people.

Also on the poor communication front; Mohinder you nitwit.. all you should have done is asked for Bennet to mail you pints of Claire's blood. It could EASILY have been done anonamously and continually. No need for this stupid kidnapping and threats. Just call him up on his phone and go "OH SHIT! The virus mutated and Bob thinks your daughters blood is the only way to cure it! Could you fed ex us some pronto. Bob said he'd leave your family alone if you did!"

Also boo-urns on them wasting possibly the last opportunity on showing us exactly WTF Kaito's power is. He could have given a demonstration during the "Just because we have the power of gods" part.

Other than the incredibly obvious ending (hilarious though, as it Mirror'd Claire's own ressurection during early Season 1.. "Oh shiii!") I enjoyed this episode. Hiro running into little Hiro was pretty good, and wow it was crazy to see Kaito all sad and crying.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Finally a kickass episode:P, if they keep this up heroes will come back to its old self again.

This episode was up there with Company Man from season 1, and no wonder because the awsome Noah was the senter of this ep. I think everyone figured out who killed Sulu beforehand, so that was no suprise.

West did not totaly suck wich was a big suprise.

And Elle, seriously can Kristen Bell play twisted psycho or what.
    It seems HRG put some subversive thoughts into her head, she going to be the next Sylar? Plus I loved how he knows just how to neutralise her power, soak her wet and have her power backfire on her. Três cool and marginaly scientific(or as scientific as Heroes gets)

Parkman going to the bad side: I would probably abuse his power to(ONLY I would use it on someone seriously hotter than Angelina Jolie. Kristen, forget about that Zachary Quinto! come to my hotel room and have crazy monkey sex with me instead. Also your name is Veronica Mars.:P) <--- that sounds creepy but tell me you wouldn't and I will call you a liar.

Using his power on Molly was a douchebag thing to do though. At first I thought he was just comunicating telephaticly with her, but then she did not respond to the words she just did it. Wich was creepy
    All in all a nice return to form.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and Matt's not quite down the dark path yet. All the times he's used his powers, it's been to save a life, or him still figuring out what the hell he was doing.

-First time on Molly: He didn't even realize he was doing it.
    -Second time on Molly: He was seeing if what he thought happened, did happen.
    -On his boss: He knew Mrs. Petrelli was lying and that people were in danger and circumstances beyond his control was causing his boss to prevent him from saving Pratt.
    -On Angela Petrelli: Again, this is to save Pratt. He's not doing it because it feels good or because he's enjoying the power; he's doing it because he's trying be a cop.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    -On Angela Petrelli: Again, this is to save Pratt. He's not doing it because it feels good or because he's enjoying the power; he's doing it because he's trying be a cop.

That there? That was incredibly uncomfortable to me. Parkman is going dark and doing it damn fast IMO.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    COME BACK AND FINISH YOUR CEREAL

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and I still want to find out what Sulu's power is.
    Don't we already know that his power turns him into a great swordsman or something? When he looked into the reflection of the sword in episode 22(I think) there was quite clearly a younger man looking back at him. Plus when anything's up he asks for a sword.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Finally a kickass episode:P, if they keep this up heroes will come back to its old self again.

This episode was up there with Company Man from season 1, and no wonder because the awsome Noah was the senter of this ep. I think everyone figured out who killed Sulu beforehand, so that was no suprise.

West did not totaly suck wich was a big suprise.

And Elle, seriously can Kristen Bell play twisted psycho or what.
    It seems HRG put some subversive thoughts into her head, she going to be the next Sylar? Plus I loved how he knows just how to neutralise her power, soak her wet and have her power backfire on her. Três cool and marginaly scientific(or as scientific as Heroes gets)

Parkman going to the bad side: I would probably abuse his power to(ONLY I would use it on someone seriously hotter than Angelina Jolie. Kristen, forget about that Zachary Quinto! come to my hotel room and have crazy monkey sex with me instead. Also your name is Veronica Mars.:P) <--- that sounds creepy but tell me you wouldn't and I will call you a liar.

Using his power on Molly was a douchebag thing to do though. At first I thought he was just comunicating telephaticly with her, but then she did not respond to the words she just did it. Wich was creepy
    All in all a nice return to form.

You're saying you'd rape a girl if given the chance?

Uh, okay.

Greeper on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I'm seriously confused as to why..
    They don't just have some sort of swimming pool-sized freezer filled with 30 years worth of Adam's blood.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also small theory:
    The blood is going to have a side-effect of fixing Noah's vision so he doesn't need glasses, resulting in some scene of him getting rid of the Horned-Rimmed Glasses in some symbolic meaning.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think west has an ever so minuscule possibility to become a good character.

Now if only there were the possibility of him becoming a good actor. The "Hi Mrs. Butler" line was the only one that felt well delivered.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Now if only there were the possibility of him becoming a good actor. The "Hi Mrs. Butler" line was the only one that felt well delivered.

It takes some fairly bad acting to truly bother me.

"Mr. Butler, what are you doing?" was exactly that bad. I hope they were rushed for time when they chose to use that particular audio clip; like rushed enough they couldn't GET any others, because the mere idea that it was the best one out of many boggles the mind.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and Matt's not quite down the dark path yet. All the times he's used his powers, it's been to save a life, or him still figuring out what the hell he was doing.

-First time on Molly: He didn't even realize he was doing it.
    -Second time on Molly: He was seeing if what he thought happened, did happen.
    -On his boss: He knew Mrs. Petrelli was lying and that people were in danger and circumstances beyond his control was causing his boss to prevent him from saving Pratt.

But the line between acceptable and unacceptable uses of those powers is so vague that, really, using your powers to subvert someone's will at all represents going towards the dark side. If it can be justified once, it can be justified again and again.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah- the road to being a complete douchebag like your father is paved with good intentions.

Tach on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Where the fuck was Matt's dad when the company was chasing after Sylar?

Though I suppose they probably figured Eve and The Haitian were enough.

Quid on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So.

Holy jesus fucking shit on a stick badass.

Bob beat Noah.

And he beat him the only way possible. Make him totally helpless.

Of course Claire is going to give herself up for her dad. That's not even a discussion. And they will take measures to make sure they keep her.
    What the don't know is Elle is going to electrocute Bob's ass thanks to Noah's timley reveal.

Transporter on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So...does Noah's
    exposure to "hero" blood mean that Noah will be manifesting powers sometime?

Maybe?

cytorak on
  • Options
    DividerDivider Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I'm getting tired of Bob anyways.

Hiro seems more prepared now. I want to see at least one death by his sword this season.

Divider on
    Luigi doesn't care about black Lumas! - TehBlueBlur ( 11/16/2007 )
  • Options
    EvylEvyl Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So nobody thinks that it was Elle who brought Noah back without her daddy knowing?

Evyl on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I too was wondering why the Company hasn't been stockpiling Adam's blood.

Either the writers did think of that, and there is some nasty dark side to Adam-blood (which Claire-blood might not share), or this whole unnecessary excursion was a crafty ploy to bring Mohinder around; or they didn't and it's just bad writing. Hm.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited November 2007

1.Why make an elaborate plan when dealing with a time traveler? Kill his father as quickly and efficiently as possible. Perhaps as often as possible if need be.

2. You tend not to suspect someone that to your knowledge is locked away.

1. Reread the beginning of my first point. The guy went so far as to somehow sneak a photograph into the newspaper that Sulu was reading, just to spook him out. Obviously, he wanted to add some style to it.

2. Reread the end of my second point.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

It takes some fairly bad acting to truly bother me.

"Mr. Butler, what are you doing?" was exactly that bad. I hope they were rushed for time when they chose to use that particular audio clip; like rushed enough they couldn't GET any others, because the mere idea that it was the best one out of many boggles the mind.

I believe the line was off camera, meaning they could have dubbed it.

But again, this is one of those lines that very few actors could pull off, because it's stupid. "What am I doing? I'm holding a gun to the head of the guy who tried to kill me so he could kidnap my daughter, moron! What does it look like I'm doing?"

And the problem with West is that his attachment to Claire started off with being stalker boy, where as HRG had to raise Claire as a daughter.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Just watched it and yeah Mohinder that makes sense. Don't kill Bob. I know, I'll kill you instead, that will balance things out. Fucking biggest retard in television.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just watched it and yeah Mohinder that makes sense. Don't kill Bob. I know, I'll kill you instead, that will balance things out. Fucking biggest retard in television.

cytorak on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This week's graphic novel is pretty nice, to boot.

Adam in the American war of independence? yes please.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys can we start a debate about how the haitian's power suppresion is actually just making people 'forget' how to use their powers since having 2 different powers is impossible?

Ok, I'll indulge you.

The Hatian has to touch someone in order to take their memories. When he is supressing powers, he isn't touching them.

Also, the Hatian cannot give someone their memory back, yet when he is done supressing powers, the evolved human is able to use their powers again.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    That wasn't just good enough heroes, that was one of the best episodes there's been. Even West was good.

Tube on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If Tube actually enjoyed something, you know it's good.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Noah remains the best character on the show.

Pony on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gihgehls wrote: »

Ok, I'll indulge you.

The Hatian has to touch someone in order to take their memories. When he is supressing powers, he isn't touching them.

Also, the Hatian cannot give someone their memory back, yet when he is done supressing powers, the evolved human is able to use their powers again.
    In the comic, the first time the Haitian uses his power, he wipes out the memories of the entire village, all at once. I doubt he touched any of them, let alone ran around touching all of them yanking their memories out.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm a bit annoyed at the blood thing. Now anyone that dies can potentially be revived, which makes death much less dramatic. I'd rather not have seen the last scene.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The whole "Hi, Mrs. Butler!" bit actually made me like West

plus Noah's attempt to bond with him over cars.

Pony on