As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Abusing The Presidential Right To Pardon [Thanksgiving]

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Pardoning turkeys?
What's next, Scooter Libby?
I present the following facts:
cranberry_sauce.JPG
stuffing.jpg
gravy.jpg
turkey_thanksgiving.jpg
99pumpkin_pie.jpg
That wonderful day where we first tricked the Indians into accepting us into their homes.
We ate turkey, laughed, cried, stole their women and gave them diseases.

So, as you can see from my rhetoric, what are you guys doing for this feast of feasting days?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on

• jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And now it's 10am and I'm drooling on my desk. Thanks, nimbus.

jotate on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll be at Girl's place for Thanksgiving. I'll be doing away with diet restrictions and eating Turkey as well, because it is Turkey Day. Sadly I have duty this week so I can only show up for the evening then have to drive back that night. But I still expect plentiful gorging and maybe even a quick nap before I leave.

Quid on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I had mine in October.

James on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    James wrote: »
    I had mine in October, as God intended.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I had mine in October.
    You also have government provided health care.

JUST ADMIT YOU'RE FOUNDED ON STALINISM.

Quid on
  • ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just read the Wiki article on Thanksgiving.

This sounds delightful.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I had mine in October, as God intended.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm driving up to Canada to steal their women and give them diseases.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Try all you like, our women have free health care and a hardy immune system!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited November 2007
    Ha! Good luck getting past our border fence!

<.<

>.>

What, there's no border fence? Fuck, I knew there was something I forgot to do last weekend.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If it comes down to it, so did the indians.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I will be asserting my manliness by sitting in the cold with a gun waiting for "the big one"

No but really I like to sit and watch animals. Also venison tastes good.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2007
    300-500 people die in tree stand accidents each year. Be careful out there. The guns don't protect you from gravity.

jotate on
    edited November 2007
    jotate wrote: »
    The guns don't protect you from gravity.
    That's not what the NRA says...

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ha! Good luck getting past our border fence!

<.<

>.>

What, there's no border fence? Fuck, I knew there was something I forgot to do last weekend.

but but you have the mounties!

nexuscrawler on
    edited November 2007
    jotate wrote: »
    The guns don't protect you from gravity.
    That's not what the NRA says...

Christians don't believe in gravity!

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday and anyone who says different is crazy and wrong.

deadonthestreet on
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanksgiving is going to be great fun this year. We're spending it with my in-laws. Whom I actually get along with fairly well. At least, well enough to enjoy all that damn good cooking.

Last year was better though. We stayed at home, hundreds of miles away from family. Just us, shut in for the day, cooking.

dvsherman on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chistmas vs Thanksgiving can easily be resolved by calacuating the gifts to pumpkin pie ratio

nexuscrawler on
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll be driving for a combined six hours and stopping at two places to eat with my girlfriend. Better than what I usually do, which is nothing.

I distinctly remember as a kid when we was po', we were painting our living room one Thanksgiving. Dinner consisted of hot dogs and one (1) can of cranberry sauce while we watched Empire Strikes Back on TBS. I have no idea why I remember the station, I just do.

Satan. on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanksgiving is a fake holiday that celebrates fucking over Indians and is nothing more than a shameless baccanal of gluttony and materialistic consumerism.

I'll be spending it with my boyfriend. We're going to his adviser's place for dinner.

Then I'm going shopping.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I'll be driving for a combined six hours and stopping at two places to eat with my girlfriend. Better than what I usually do, which is nothing.

I distinctly remember as a kid when we was po', we were painting our living room one Thanksgiving. Dinner consisted of hot dogs and one (1) can of cranberry sauce while we watched Empire Strikes Back on TBS. I have no idea why I remember the station, I just do.

Because they cut the people being choked to death, the insults to religion, and the twincest?

Oh, wait, episode V.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My in-laws are coming to stay with my wife and I in our small condo that isn't big enough for 4 adults. And they're bringing their tiny neurotic dog, who hates our big semi-neurotic dog. It'll be great.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanksgiving is a fake holiday that celebrates fucking over Indians and is nothing more than a shameless baccanal of gluttony and materialistic consumerism.

I'll be spending it with my boyfriend. We're going to his adviser's place for dinner.

And thank JESUS for the chance to celebrate how thankful we are for opportunity! PRAISE THE LORD!
    I kid! :lol:

dvsherman on
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday and anyone who says different is crazy and wrong.

It is the best Holiday because this year, it is also my birthday. And the Packers play the Lions.
    Chistmas vs Thanksgiving can easily be resolved by calacuating the gifts to pumpkin pie ratio

I am given, on average, 2 pumpkin pies to take home as gifts every Thanksgiving. What does that do to the calcuation?

Veevee on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This thread can also be for where to find good deals on Black Friday things.
    I work Black Friday- at 4:30 AM :| so I'm looking for deals that will last till that night.
    This means deals on video games and pc games, things the unwashed masses
    Rabid Moms
    don't buy.

• MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm always torn about Black Friday. On the one hand, rampant horrible consumerism. On the other hand, SALES.

Medopine on
    edited November 2007
    Medopine wrote: »
    I'm always torn about Black Friday. On the one hand, rampant horrible consumerism. On the other hand, SALES.
    Yes, mobs of lusting purchasers and fights.
    Half off on electronics!

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm always at a football game on Black Friday. So I've never been shopping then. I really can't imagine it being like people say it is.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2007
    What, with large women trampling each other at Walmart to get that $20 DVD player?

Medopine on
    edited November 2007
    What, with large women trampling each other at Walmart to get that $20 DVD player?
    I will bite hands at work if I am touched.
    BITE
    I am not looking forward to 50 requests to cart refrigerators out to people's cars that can't fit said refrigerators.

• IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I think I'm going to revist Guess etc. on Black Friday. My parents gave me some spending money for my birthday :)

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    http://www.blackfriday.info/ btw

I clicked on the Macy's button and got a message that they requested their ad be taken off the site.

Why would you turn down free advertising?

Medopine on
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    My parents are living in Arizona and won't be coming out for Thanksgiving.

My mother's family will be going to a restaurant. They have no vegetarian meals for thanksgiving, but they have offered to make pasta primavera for my brother and I.

So I'll be eating pasta primavera at a restaurant on Thanksgiving.

Shinto on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Veevee wrote: »
    And the Packers play the Lions.

this is gonna be awesome, old indestructable qb plays new indestructable qb (also has jesus' power too)

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I get to drive back home on Black Friday from my girlfriend's mom's place, about 45 minutes away typically. All freeway. I hope to get there in two hours.

Seriously, can't you people stay home or shop online?

Satan. on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hope it rains. Nothing like water whipping into your face at 4 in the morning to weed out the weak-willed.

I hope everyone shopping for an HDTV on BF wants a Sharp LCD, because they're everywhere.
    This thread can also be for where to find good deals on Black Friday things.
    I work Black Friday- at 4:30 AM :| so I'm looking for deals that will last till that night.
    This means deals on video games and pc games, things the unwashed masses
    Rabid Moms
    don't buy.

Anything in particular? The list of game sales is pretty huge, even if some of them aren't sales ($250 Wii).

Off the top of my head.
    - Mario Galaxy is $35 at Circuit City.
    - KB Toys is doing Buy One, Get One off their entire game stock.
    - Kmart has HL2 Orange Box for 360 for $40.

BubbaT on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I clicked on the Macy's button and got a message that they requested their ad be taken off the site.

I'd guess it's so that other stores can't react to their sales by cutting prices more, but it could just be that they want to control their information.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited November 2007
    I participated in Black Friday one year and one year only. Staples had free RAM. $15 sticks with a $15 mail in rebate. Literally free RAM. I went at 5am. I stood in line. I made my way to the free RAM upon the doors opening. Only to find that all the free RAM was already gone, somehow.

Then I went home and decided that Black Friday is the single day embodiment of everything wrong in this world.

jotate on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »

I'd guess it's so that other stores can't react to their sales by cutting prices more, but it could just be that they want to control their information.

I think it's the control thing. The stores usually sue under the DMCA, because it allows them to target a website's service provider.
    Despite the fact that facts cannot be copyrighted, most sites don't have the pockets to go against Best Buy in court. This year Wal-Mart upped the ante by claiming their BF sale prices amounted to "commercially valuable" trade secrets.

Truthfully, they want you to have to go to their website, or even better their B&M store, to find out what they have on sale.

BubbaT on