As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ting for equality

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I avoid Borders, because I will buy all the books my money will allow.
    I love books.
    Welcome to my and Girl's shared problem. If we ever go there not poor we leave easily with at least a hundred dollars in books between us. But it's okay! We have membership cards!

Did they start issuing store credit cards, yet? Because that seems like it should be the next step.
    In theory, but they don't really have any big ticket items. Their books rarely get more than a hundred dollars, and most people who would even consider spending that on a book love books, which means they love reading, which means they picked up something about fiscal responsibility.

Though if the cards added a bigger discount I could see it.

Quid on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jesus Christ heart palpitations and chest pains are fucking scary.

Ended up at the hospital this morning. Good thing is, nothing obvious is wrong. Bad thing is, I'm home and my heart is still pounding, even though I'm calm. I've got a follow-up with my doctor to schedule. I hope this goes away. Man.

EDIT: For those who think I jumped the gun, I haven't been to a hospital in 21 years. My heart has been pounding like this for two days.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think that the general forum populace (or at least the subsection of which that tends to respond to medical advice threads in H/A) has a startling adversity to suggesting professional medical advice as a solution to what could potentially be a medical problem. That's just what I've gleamed, anyway.

Edit: To clarify, I'm referring to the "Help, my ass has been hurting for three days and blood has been in my stool" H/A threads that get a multitude of "Just rest it out, no need to see a doctor" responses.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Edit: To clarify, I'm referring to the "Help, my ass has been hurting for three days and blood has been in my stool" H/A threads that get a multitude of "Just rest it out, no need to see a doctor" responses.

To be fair a lot of the medical questions are "halp my nose bled a few minutes ago, what should I do?" or "I've been feeling slightly lethargic and have a stuffy nose, should I see a doctor?".

Leitner on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I think that the general forum populace (or at least the subsection of which that tends to respond to medical advice threads in H/A) has a startling adversity to suggesting professional medical advice as a solution to what could potentially be a medical problem. That's just what I've gleamed, anyway.

In nearly every medically-related thread I end up having to infract someone for telling people not to ask for help. Even on a lot of the most trivial concerns, like "Oh shitz I stared at a lightbulb and then I saw purple spots for a few minutes afterward! Am I going blind?".

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    To the guy at 6:30 this morning taking a hammer to the apartment complex being constructed outside my window:

I hate you so fucking much. I had to sleep in front of my fridge because of you.

Satan. on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    To the guy at 6:30 this morning taking a hammer to the apartment complex being constructed outside my window:

I hate you so fucking much. I had to sleep in front of my fridge because of you.

Hey, at least if you had to sleepwalk and fix yourself a sandwich in the middle of the night you wouldn't have had to go far.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    word on the street is, mass effect should be arriving at my house in 3-4 days

:O

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Give me your powerbrick.

Quid on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Cool, I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done thanks to Amazon. Man, that site really makes the holidays easier to stomach.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Quid wrote: »

Give me your powerbrick.

:(

okay. can i have it back in 3-4 days?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Cool, I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done thanks to Amazon. Man, that site really makes the holidays easier to stomach.

Especially when people make wish lists, and you can just get them exactly what they want.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man, what's with people trying to ban shit on the grounds that they don't like it? I don't like high-heels, let's ban those. Sneakers are way hotter because I have a sneaker-fetish and expect the law to enforce sneaker-fetishes on the entire populace. It should be a felony to have sex without sneakers on.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, what's with people trying to ban shit on the grounds that they don't like it? I don't like high-heels, let's ban those. Sneakers are way hotter because I have a sneaker-fetish and expect the law to enforce sneaker-fetishes on the entire populace. It should be a felony to have sex without sneakers on.

Foot fetish people would be very disappointed in you right now, VC.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Each post is costing you valuable money.
    Are you aware how much money you are spending posting right now?
    It's a lot.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Could that guy be any more of a fucking idiot?
    Fucking libertarians, they're crazy, but this guy would incite a furious rage in them.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sometimes I wish I had Mass Effect.

Then I remember I have Super Mario Galaxy. :whistle:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fucking libertarians, they're crazy, but this guy would incite a furious rage in them.

Who? Ron, Ron, Ron, Ron Paaaaaaaauuuulll?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Then I wish I had Super Mario Galaxy.
    Then I remember that I have a PS3 and Assassin's Creed, a game with good ideas but poor execution.
    I still love it but god damnit that is no where near the PS3's potential.

• Options
    edited December 2007

That kid smells like Nirvana.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

RONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONRON
    RONRONRONRONRON
    RONRONRONRONRON
    INTERNET FREEDOM
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONRONR
    RONRONRONRORNORNRONRONRONRONRON

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007

The boss fights in that game were super easy. Some of the levels were a little tricky though.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

Ended up at the hospital this morning. Good thing is, nothing obvious is wrong. Bad thing is, I'm home and my heart is still pounding, even though I'm calm. I've got a follow-up with my doctor to schedule. I hope this goes away. Man.

EDIT: For those who think I jumped the gun, I haven't been to a hospital in 21 years. My heart has been pounding like this for two days.

That's happened to me a couple times. The best explanation they could come up with was psychosomatic. It seems to adequately explain my symptoms, since the first time was when my boyfriend was about to move away, and the second time was when I was worried about getting into grad school.

Is it possible you're consciously or subconsciously stressed out about something?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

RONRONRONRONRON
    RONRONRONRONRON
    INTERNET FREEDOM

What are you people talking about?

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Yahoo should give everyone pop access :(

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

The boss fights in that game were super easy. Some of the levels were a little tricky though.

I never felt like a kid when playing a game since Mario 64.

Like, I literally squealed with glee a couple of times playing this game.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

RONRONRONRONRON
    RONRONRONRONRON
    INTERNET FREEDOM

Classical economics.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

That's happened to me a couple times. The best explanation they could come up with was psychosomatic. It seems to adequately explain my symptoms, since the first time was when my boyfriend was about to move away, and the second time was when I was worried about getting into grad school.

Is it possible you're consciously or subconsciously stressed out about something?
    Watch your caffeine intake.
    Also stress.
    Heart palpitations are usually not dangerous and just overly symptomatic according to the ER night doctor that saw me. He also hated his job, so yeah.
    I saw my heart on the ECG though. I could see the extra beat. It was pretty neat.
    The feeling of your heart beating backwards is pretty weird though.

• Options
    edited December 2007

RONRONRONRONRON
    RONRONRONRONRON
    INTERNET FREEDOM

Keynesian Economics don't work in my world
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRONRON

• Options
    edited December 2007

I think a coworker of mine mentioned something similar to this not too long ago. I forget the term for it, but it happened that his heart beat was just a little irregular. The doctor mentioned that it happens to a lot of people but most don't actually have any pain or problems. If I remember right, the doc had him take an aspirin and it pretty much resolved it.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My heart functions as it should and I don't have a cholesterol problem but my bloodpressure is sometimes crazy-high. My doctor decided it was stress, and everyone who knows me seems to agree.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ron Paul.

I hate him.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ron Paul.

I hate him.
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRON
    why?
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRON
    I think this joke is almost dead.
    It brought me great joy though.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Raaarrgh.

Here I am.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I never felt like a kid when playing a game since Mario 64.

Like, I literally squealed with glee a couple of times playing this game.

I squeal with glee every time I beat you down in TF2, Zen. :D

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I have a lot of now shoveling to do this morning.

Good morning [chat].

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ron Paul.

I hate him.
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRON
    why?
    RONRONRONRONRONRONRON
    I think this joke is almost dead.
    It brought me great joy though.

Is there a lolcats for that?

That would make me happy.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options