As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

im gay

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    im pretty green i think.

but that is mostly because i don't have a car and i got a seperate trash can for soda cans, because i can get money for that shit.

but i eat so much meat.

isn't that like the worst thing you can do? is eat beef? carbon footprint and all that

If Dead Rising is to be trusted, you are directly responsible for zombie outbreak.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    They just seem like a ragtag bunch of engineering majors that do stuff on a dare.

"I bet you can't power a super computer with a bicycle!"
    "You just watch!"

And because they're MIT kids they get an article written about them like they broke some new ground. All they did was demonstrate the very basics of electro-mechanical energy conversion. My own senior design was at least that complicated if not more.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    peter64peter64 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Its funny because I am not really for being more green but since I moved to California from IL I turned way more green. I walk to work and shop because work is three blocks away and target is three blocks in the other direction. I recycle because there are huge bins in my apartment building. Funny because everyone else shops at hippie stores with organic foods and such but they drive huge SUVs to get there.

peter64 on
    things out of context are funny
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Science seems to be pushing green fast enough to where the carelessness of folks like Stale will be irrelevant soon enough.

MKR on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Essentially, they've figured out how to print solar cells on thin sheets of aluminum with a printing press.

Good God!

I've always dreamed of having the roof of my house be coated in solar panels

it'd look neat

people would stare

and I'd be pissed because it's always dark in my house

Obbi on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey Stale, I love you dude but is it really necessary to shit all over everyone that's interested in actually trying to reduce our impact on the environment? It's like you're the creationist challenging us to prove evolution when it's obvious you'll never be convinced because it's not a matter of facts, but of starkly different values. I'm not saying your opinion is irrelevant, but rather that you've made it clear and now you're just raging around like a bull in a china shop about how stupid you think it is.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Stale wrote: »
    The world was this way when I found it.

I didn't do it.

I'm sure as fuck not cleaning it up.

recycle? fuck you.

cut down on styrofoam? fuck you.

make sure everything is bio-degradable? fuck you.

only drive pansy-ass sissy fucking little tiny cars with no power? fuck you.

t1homebeijing.getty.jpg

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Science > Nature

L|ama on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    Here in Winder I get one tub, I toss it in, they dump it in to the back of a truck, and it's gone.

Maybe Atlanta is somehow behind Metro Atlanta.

I use WM for my garbage in Marietta

They gave one giant trash tub and 3 smaller tubs.

paper - glass - plastic(no labels)

FUCK THAT

I'm not "prepping" my trash like it's ready for a date. it's trash. it gets thrown in a bag and dumped in the ground.

you know, most people find that basic sorting tasks are not an intellectually challenging, tiresome or difficult procedure
    in fact, it's something that even some other kind of less intelligent animal can do with minimal effort

bongi on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Here in Winder I get one tub, I toss it in, they dump it in to the back of a truck, and it's gone.

Maybe Atlanta is somehow behind Metro Atlanta.

I use WM for my garbage in Marietta

They gave one giant trash tub and 3 smaller tubs.

paper - glass - plastic(no labels)

FUCK THAT

I'm not "prepping" my trash like it's ready for a date. it's trash. it gets thrown in a bag and dumped in the ground.

you know, most people find that basic sorting tasks are not an intellectually challenging, tiresome or difficult procedure
    in fact, it's something that even some other kind of less intelligent animal can do with minimal effort

the wild gay?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I was fairly proud of my town when I realized that they did garbage sorting at the dump.

I mean, I generally don't do all that much enviromentally friendly-stuff other than try not to drive everywhere and kill people who are carrying Styrofoam.

Obbi on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    most places do their own trash sorting because it means money for them

here we have 2 cans: 1 generic wet trash one (that still gets sorted) and a recycling one. All standard recyclable stuff goes into the other one (cardboard, glass, aluminum, paper, etc). It's great, because when I have a lot of trash like cardboard from boxes of stuff I bought, I can just dump it all in the recycling bin can.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    man, i'd hate to be the guy that sorts wet trash for recycling.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know who lived in "harmony with nature?"

Cavemen.

Do you want to be a caveman? Living to be 20, eating berries and raw meat, worrying about getting killed by the animals that you have to hunt in order to survive? Sounds awesome, right?

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    lighting wolly mammoths on fire and chasing them off cliffs to kill them sounds pretty sweet

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    you know what country has an army? china

so if your country has an army, you're a communist

bongi on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fucking Peter Molyneaux, cancelling BC three years ago that I'm still pissed about because it sounded fucking amazing...

Also, nuclear holocaust and radical pole shift due to natural cycles in the earth will destroy humanity long before the gum wrappers I throw in the gutter do.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    you know what country has an army? china

so if your country has an army, you're a communist

did you think about this one a long time

waiting to deploy it like a tactical weapon

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    That's not the same thing at all.

Communism is not the logical conclusion of a country having an army.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yes it is crossbuster you goddamn communist

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

SURE IT IS, MAAAAAN. ALL SOLDIERS ARE FASCISTS, MAAAAAN. WE SHOULD RECYCLE AND WEAR OUR OWN SHED SKIN AND HAIR INSTEAD OF GROWING COTTON OR WEARING WOOL, MAAAAAAN. PATCHULI OIL IS RAD, I LOVE HACKEY SACK AND SUCKING DICKS AND SMOKING POT.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fucking Peter Molyneaux, cancelling BC three years ago that I'm still pissed about because it sounded fucking amazing...

Also, nuclear holocaust and radical pole shift due to natural cycles in the earth will destroy humanity long before the gum wrappers I throw in the gutter do.

what would be the immediate effects of a pole shift, besides obviously the entertainment factor

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    also: is patchouli oil flammable? I think I have an idea.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    crossbuster seriously do you kick puppies
    fucking commie

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007

SURE IT IS, MAAAAAN. ALL SOLDIERS ARE FASCISTS, MAAAAAN. WE SHOULD RECYCLE AND WEAR OUR OWN SHED SKIN AND HAIR INSTEAD OF GROWING COTTON OR WEARING WOOL, MAAAAAAN. PATCHULI OIL IS RAD, I LOVE HACKEY SACK AND SUCKING DICKS AND SMOKING POT.

PAY NO MIND TO THE FACT THAT I'M TYPING THIS ON A COMPUTER, WHILE SITTING IN A HOUSE, ON A PIECE OF FURNITURE, THE PRODUCTION OF WHICH HURT PRECIOUS MOTHER NATURE MAAAAAAAAN.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    crossbuster seriously do you kick puppies
    fucking commie

Anything for glorious Mother Russia.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    seriously recycling isn't that difficult

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »

what would be the immediate effects of a pole shift, besides obviously the entertainment factor

Well, I figure mainly mass hysteria. Suicide cults, some countries maybe taking advantage of the chaos by invading and bombing shit...

I've been told that pole-shifts aren't actually that catastrophic.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    what the fuck is with this group of people against recycling jesus christ

I don't have anything against it.

If you want to recycle, go for it.

It's just not a big priority for me, the walking ecological disaster.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Well, I figure mainly mass hysteria. Suicide cults, some countries maybe taking advantage of the chaos by invading and bombing shit...

oh ok

I'm going to go throw matches at the hippies laying around at the local Borders

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

did you know that un-kicked puppies reduce pollution
    communist

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007

oh ok

You should douse them with leaded fuel beforehand.

Better yet, whale oil.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damnit, plastic, get the fuck out of my ocean.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    because it's so much effort i mean putting garbage into one of three boxes depending on what it's made of?

do i look like i'm made of money?

bongi on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

oh ok

You should douse them with leaded fuel beforehand.

Better yet, whale oil.

if nothing else it should be funny when the burning embers land on their birkenstocked feet

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

did you know that un-kicked puppies reduce pollution
    communist

But the infallible dictatorship of the proletariat demands that I kick every counter-revolutionary puppy that I see.

Protip: they're all counter-revolutionary

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ah yes shitting on the environment is hella fun fuck people 50 years from now

So, us
    Damnit guys

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2007
    ah yes shitting on the environment is hella fun fuck people 50 years from now

the planet was like this when i found it, ergo i have no responsibility to make it cleaner!

bongi on