As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country Supertrip 2008

• Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like cake.

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    I live in saint paul
    Well, unless you want to stand out on the side of I-94 at 3:30 in the morning, I don't know if you'll want to cheer us on. Additionally, I don't think we'll be able to see your sign in the dark.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Small update for those of you paying attention here. I've been working my ass off on the CCST Handbook. Right now the meat of it is done as well as all but one page of the first appendix (Routes and Schedules). I believe I've crossed the hump and it should be done before the end of this week. When it is, I'm going to need a few people to proofread for errors for me, as I've been staring at it for so long, I don't think I'll be able to catch everything. Also, I swear, as soon as this thing is done (but probably before it's proofread), I'll shoot out a mail to everybody. Again, if you have any changes in status or updates, post them here or let me know privately and I'll update the OP.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I live in saint paul
    Well, unless you want to stand out on the side of I-94 at 3:30 in the morning, I don't know if you'll want to cheer us on. Additionally, I don't think we'll be able to see your sign in the dark.

Oh, well fuck that shit. Well, when y'all pass the dale street exit, think "hey dome lives there"

p.s. please don't egg my house.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, I was looking forward to a giant WANG sign.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey I gots a new car!
    photo6.jpg
    So info needs to be updated it is a Pontiac G6 GT.

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What year? Is that a 2008?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    What year? Is that a 2008?

2007, and it's a fucking blast to drive.

Veevee on
  • Options
    Fooswashere1Fooswashere1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am so excited for this. My four friends are excited. My SUV is excited. Hell the Gas I am going to be using is excited. Who is with me?

Fooswashere1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I CAN DIG IT!

...I mean, I'M WITH YOU!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Fooswashere1Fooswashere1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    nice The Warriors reference.

*Note to self* Watch The Warriors tomorrow night

Fooswashere1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Okay, so for the most part, the CCST Handbook is done. I've got a team of people proofreading it now, and I'm just waiting for that feedback and on two people who are writing a little something for the Foreword.

After all that is done, I'll send it out to everybody via e-mail. However, for those who would like a little something to keep when this is all said and done, I've found a website that does self-book publishing. A soft-bound, full-color copy of the CCST handbook will run about $9.50 (plus shipping) and a hard-bound, full-color will run about $22 (plus shipping).

Nobody will be required to buy the handbook, as I'll be e-mailing the pdf to everybody for free. The book options are just for people looking to have a souvenir, or for people who tend to lose loose sheets of paper and don't want to waste their money at Kinkos ($10 for a bound B&W).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    mockemocke Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Hello all.

I am looking to join from Denver. I tried to contact redimpulse, but he seems to have fallen off the face of the supertrip.
    Is anyone else going up through Denver? Failing that, is there any way to join someone in Billings?
    I can be a driver, but only going one way. I am flying from Seattle back to whence I came.

Any help would be great. Please PM or catch me on a messanger.

mocke on
    I like to fill in awkward conversationmoments by singing themes to video games in a loud and off key manner
  • Options
    BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bad news everyone. I can't go to PAX. My sister just announced her wedding date, and of all the weekends this summer, you can probably guess which one she chose. I'll be at my PC watching the updates while you guys are rolling out there, though, and pretend like I'm getting to go, too. I'll be up in it next year, I guess.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Moe, I'd probably take the soft bound copy.

And Boman, you will be missed. We shall, uh.. do something in your honor.

Veevee on
  • Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just want to post my status for those who may or may not care:

I have 3 people who are definitely looking to go, including myself. We will probably be looking for one more to share hotel room costs (probably @ Red Lion). This assumes, of course, that we're able to even get down there. The only problem we have so far is vehicle, we have nothing to drive there. We considered renting, but tossed it to the side at the thought of cost.

If there is someone (either 1 person or 3 sets of 3 people, or whatever) looking to go that would have to drive through Sarnia to get on the CCST route, and wouldn't mind picking us up, we'll be glad to ride with you, share costs, etc.

Otherwise, we'll probably be back next year.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, as of right now, we don't have any cars coming through Sarnia, or originating in Canada at all. Without a car, I don't really know what to tell you at this point.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What about the Canadian Supertrip?

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »

The Canadian supertrip is mainly a west coast venture.

And I can't believe that I'm honestly wishing I had a bigger van right now. because I might be able to take one from Sarnia, but not all 3.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    We have another spot available in our car to get there, but no way to offer transportation on the way back.

Veevee on
  • Options
    korrianderkorriander Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Would it be remotely possible to be picked up in Spokane? Shade and I both will need a ride.

We could also get to Cour D A'lene. It is just two of us. PM if you have room!

korriander on
  • Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    And I can't believe that I'm honestly wishing I had a bigger van right now. because I might be able to take one from Sarnia, but not all 3.

I'll let them know, and see if they're even still interested. Honestly, it's been a week or so since we had talked about the trip, with the outcome so bleak (due to not having a vehicle).
    Veevee wrote: »
    We have another spot available in our car to get there, but no way to offer transportation on the way back.

I'll also see about this...maybe.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    kawaiiryukokawaiiryuko New York, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sorry for the long radio silence but sadly, this is the summer of weddings (6 and counting!)... All of my weekends in August are dead to me now. :(

Next year! (After I, hopefully, pass the bar...)

kawaiiryuko on
    --
    kawaii
  • Options
    latinman280latinman280 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Hmmm, I am definitely willing to give up my spot for someone that really needs it. I'd rather have someone there who is planning to do the full thing and help with all the fees than you doing me a favor. So if me leaving helps 2 of the 3, I am all for it. Give me a heads up :)

latinman280 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Hmmm, I am definitely willing to give up my spot for someone that really needs it. I'd rather have someone there who is planning to do the full thing and help with all the fees than you doing me a favor. So if me leaving helps 2 of the 3, I am all for it. Give me a heads up :)

That one was not counting you...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    BeranabusBeranabus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    To anyone who it may concern, (mainly Ekko and Moe I'm guessing.) It's amazingly difficult for me to get a convoy from Toronto/Mississauga. It look's like the only way I WILL be coming is if I can get a group together with an R.V. So I should have full details about it within the next few weeks. (On another note if there is anyone left looking for a way to get there from eastern Canada (mainly Ontario) please before you go ahead a buy that plane ticket see if we can work something out.)

Beranabus on
  • Options
    NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    For those who may be interested, I interviewed the coordinators of the CC Supertrip on Episode 159 of my podcast. Please feel free to give it a listen.

Nijhazer on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm from Summit County, OH ... I still need to figure out if I am goin' to this thing. It'd be an interesting experience. I do have an able car, but I don't know if I would do the driving. At this point I am not committed at all, but I thought this thread, and the idea, sounded fun.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nijhazer wrote: »
    For those who may be interested, I interviewed the coordinators of the CC Supertrip on Episode 159 of my podcast. Please feel free to give it a listen.

We (myself, Qs23 and randomguy) had a lot of doing this and everybody should check it out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    So here's something new for you all, the CCST 2008 Tour Shirt and the CCST Button

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    WANT THE BUTTON! OOOH OOOH GIMME!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So...are we all buying a pack of buttons? Or are you just handing them out on the trip?

And, do we need to coordinate which color/type of shirt to get?

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure how I'm doing the buttons yet, but seeing as there's just under 50 people on the ccst right now, they will probably be handed out on the trip (unless you really, really want to make an extra batch, in which case, go right ahead).

As for the shirts, get whatever kind you want.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, damn, in the end I'm going to have to sit out this supertrip :\
    Flying to LA a bit earlier to meet some friends and see LA (which I'm excited for).

GOD SPEED SUPERTRIPPERS!

I will buy you all a beer/cola in Seattle to commemorate your accomplishment!

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Okay, I whipped up a couple more shirts for anybody who's interested.

The first lets people know that the bottleneck they're likely to experience isn't due to rush hour, but is in fact very much our fault.
    http://www.zazzle.com/it_s_not_rush_hour_shirt-235279941525024240

And the second is a tribute to everybody's favorite state to hate, Montana
    http://www.zazzle.com/montana_is_going_to_kill_you_shirt-235910232003442177

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Update complete! Everything should work the same or better (made some fixes/improvements as well).

Gravatars are now supported based on the email address you have provided. If you have a gravatar attached to your current email on the site it should automatically work. Enjoy!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So, I got my handbook today (it was delivered yesterday while I was out and I had to wait until today for the leasing office to open to pick it up). This one's the paperback, here's some pics.
    100_0255.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0257.jpg

100_0259.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    moe, is there any chance you would put the pdf up for everyone to see? Even though I am not on your trip i think it would be cool to read.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is beautiful, Moe.

...I wish I had that last year...

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sweet. I just noticed that's my photo for the cover.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
This discussion has been closed.