Options

[WoW] UI stands for "User Interface," not "u idiot"

• Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Why not just grab Closetgnome or Itemrack?

because I don't use the same computer all the time and most of them are not mine

You might consider just keeping your addons and account variables on a flash drive, so what computer you are using doesn't matter.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just switched to Parrot from SCT, and dang, Parrot is like butta.

I really really like the consolidation of stuff like Swipe and incoming hits, reduces screen clutter by alot, which is pretty nice for a druid tank. And the incoming area and outgoing areas being separate.

Bigity on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    I just switched to Parrot from SCT, and dang, Parrot is like butta.

I really really like the consolidation of stuff like Swipe and incoming hits, reduces screen clutter by alot, which is pretty nice for a druid tank. And the incoming area and outgoing areas being separate.

The incoming and the outgoing areas of SCT are seperate as well. They are just called "frames".

Kartan on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well I guess that is why you should shoot for description object names when creating code :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm currently using CowTip.

I was wondering if there was a way to make a secondary tooltip format appear when I am pressing a modifier key. Say I want a simple tooltip, sans guild rank, pvp rank, exact spec distribution, etc... But I want a modifier to display a second set of dogtags on occasion.

Is there maybe a different tooltip addon that could do this?

Also: I still need an addon that will move where my bags come up. I havent found anything yet.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    NezzarNezzar Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There are the the Alt, Shift and Ctrl tags in Dogtag. You could change a few lines in the Cowtip line config to use that. It's quite annoying though, since you'd have to do it for every line you want to hide.

Nezzar on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    (edit) ^^That's correct, all macros--general and per-character--are stored in your WTF folder.

Someone asked me to share my UI here, so uh... here?

th_ui7may08.jpg
    click for big

*snip*

Black bar of death kill it aghhh

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    (edit) ^^ Hey hey hey hey, it's not black, it's black to gray gradient! :whistle:

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep abilities from disappearing off my bars when I respec? Or (even better) some way to save multiple action layouts? Bartender3 profiles save the actual position of the bars and other such things, but not the items slotted within them.

It would make going from PvE Feral to PvP Resto just that little bit less agonizingly irritating. :)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Autobar is being retarded and I'm sick of its bullshit. Is there any other dynamic actionbar mod worth trying?

whuppins on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    (edit) ^^ Hey hey hey hey, it's not black, it's black to gray gradient! :whistle:

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep abilities from disappearing off my bars when I respec? Or (even better) some way to save multiple action layouts? Bartender3 profiles save the actual position of the bars and other such things, but not the items slotted within them.

It would make going from PvE Feral to PvP Resto just that little bit less agonizingly irritating. :)

I have my bars set up so that I have a bunch of extra hidden ones that I keep my alternate spec layouts on. So when I go from PvE tanking to PvP healing, I just page down and voila, healing set up. I think bartender only pages up 6 bars though, so I keep bars 5 and 6 hidden and the higher number bars (like 8,9,10) in my UI.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Prat is indenting lines in my chat panel is there any way i can change that?

The Rocking M on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Have you tried seeing if it happens without Prat? Peeps in my guild who don't use it were complaining of the same problem.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Happens with Chatter, too. Seems to be a feature of 2.4.2.

Nezzar on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    whuppins wrote: »
    Autobar is being retarded and I'm sick of its bullshit. Is there any other dynamic actionbar mod worth trying?
    I know bumping oneself is bad form, but this got BoP'd and I was hoping to hear from someone who could recommend an alternative to Autobar. All I'm really looking for is a bar that can give me dynamically filled buttons for potions, bandages, food and water. Nothing real fancy.

whuppins on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tehmarken wrote: »

I have my bars set up so that I have a bunch of extra hidden ones that I keep my alternate spec layouts on. So when I go from PvE tanking to PvP healing, I just page down and voila, healing set up. I think bartender only pages up 6 bars though, so I keep bars 5 and 6 hidden and the higher number bars (like 8,9,10) in my UI.

Yeah, but that doesn't help in the case of respeccing, 'cos things that are learned from talents (Feral Charge, Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness, Mangle, maybe others) all vanish from my bars when I unlearn talents, and don't reappear when I relearn them.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The thing where unlearned icons vanish from action bars is pretty universal -- it happens no matter what addons you're using (or even if you're using none at all). I imagine there could be a workaround involving an addon 'faking' a button for the lost spell and using it as a placeholder until it's re-learned, but I'm guessing that the benefit in coding such a solution into Bartender3 et al would be far outweighed by the time and resources spent on it (not to mention the potential for people junking up or just plain breaking their button layouts).

whuppins on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Would it work to simply replace any buttons with a single line macro?

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah. If you don't mind useless buttons sitting around, you could just replace your talented buttons with:
    #showtooltip
    /cast swiftmend

for example. That will just not work if you don't have the talent, but won't go anywhere at least.

shadowane on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Maybe it's different now with the permanently trained skills thing but whenever I respec my Shadowburn macro is removed from my bars and I need to put it back in its spot.

riz on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, without starting world war III here...

Omen or KTM? I have Omen, but I'm not very happy with it. It bugs a lot. But I'm wondering if getting KTM and configuring it will be worth the trouble.

Also: The indents in chat are a patch feature. Now any chat message that takes up more than one line in your chat window has a hanging indent.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When I respec, I lose both Nature's Swiftness and my Swiftmend macro off my caster bars, but they stay on the hidden bars I use for tree form.

artifexite on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I was having so much fun healing on my Holy Pally, then today I decide to do my Wowace autoupdates! Good idea right! Right!?

Grid is now fucked and the range feature seems to be completely broken. Tons of other mods now miraculously just stopped working, and that's after getting the latest updates.

I'm seriously considering wiping out my addons YET again and just manually updating things on my own when they actually break, instead of letting wowace break it for me on a weekly basis.

Please tell me i'm not the only one experiencing this.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I was having so much fun healing on my Holy Pally, then today I decide to do my Wowace autoupdates! Good idea right! Right!?

Grid is now fucked and the range feature seems to be completely broken. Tons of other mods now miraculously just stopped working, and that's after getting the latest updates.

I'm seriously considering wiping out my addons YET again and just manually updating things on my own when they actually break, instead of letting wowace break it for me on a weekly basis.

Please tell me i'm not the only one experiencing this.

Grid is displaying range fine for me, sorry :| No other mods seem to be suffering more bugs than usual

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Makershot wrote: »

Will do that as soon as I get home. THanks

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Have you tried seeing if it happens without Prat? Peeps in my guild who don't use it were complaining of the same problem.

It's a "feature" of 2.4.2. The assholes didn't even make it optional. I wouldn't mind it if it was a reasonable size, but it's a full tab. It should be one character width, five pixels max.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This addon remembers the bank and bag contents, as well as monetary wealth, of every
    character with whom you have visited a real bank, and displays this information in a frame
    similar to the standard bank frame, but with a dropdown menu at the bottom to allow
    you to choose between viewing different characters on the same server. Also, an editbox
    is provided to allow you to search for specific items within all stored contents. Type "/bbs help"
    for configuration slash commands, or just "/bbs" to toggle the display frame (a key binding is
    also available).

BigBankStatement_1.jpg

Ancient creation of mine, recently updated to be super awesome.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If I want to copy my UI to a second computer, can I just copy my interface and UI folder over to it? Will ACEupdater pick up all the mods on the second computer even though they're just pasted over?

Gork on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It will work if you copy the right files/folders. I've done it successfully twice before. I'm not sitting in front of my machine so I can't tell you exactly which ones you need to copy, but I seem to remember that some addon settings are stored in something like \WTF\<account>\<realm>\<character>\; I'm sure someone with access to a WoW installation can give you the exact info on that. Anyway, if you poke around in your WoW directory it'll be pretty clear which files are tied to which settings. As far as \Interface\ goes, though, yeah, just copy/paste.
    whuppins wrote: »

Just an update if anyone else is considering an alternative to Autobar -- I found PT3Bar, which basically does the same stuff as Autobar, only without a lot of the bloat and convoluted setup. The downside is that beyond a few very basic settings, everything has to be configured in the actual .lua file. I don't know a single lick of LUA, though, and I was able to get it up and running the way I wanted it in under 30 minutes, mostly by copying and pasting. It's really pretty simple, I swear. Worth a shot if you just want the old functionality of Autobar before it got stuffed with all kinds of ridiculous crap.

whuppins on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone use an addon to track trash respawns in raids?

815165 on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I believe Natur's eCB does that.

wasn't that wtfpwnd by 2.4?

Kartan on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kartan wrote: »
    wasn't that wtfpwnd by 2.4?
    Indeed it was. People are remaking it as we speak, though only a stripped down alpha version is available of the new stuff.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think Incubation does exactly that, too. Though, from what I've heard, it will track every single mobs respawn.

Nezzar on
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, macro assistance.

I'm looking to make a macro that pops a trinket, then casts a spell, but can also be used to cast the spell normally when the trinket is down. This is for Earth Shield, specifically. Right now, my macro seems to be casting the shield and then popping the trinket, thereby depriving my ES the benefit of the trinket. Although, I could just be misreading my combat log. It says:

X casts Earth Shield at Y
    X gains Essence of the Martyr
    Y gains Earth Shield

Halp!

Gork on
  • Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Does anyone know of an addon that, when you view an items tooltip, it has a line of text indicating whether you (or an alt) can craft that item?

I try to keep my eye on the trade channel when i'm in a capital city, and when I see someone looking for say, a jewelcrafter to do some random cut, I always have to open my crafting window, search for it, and then by the time i get back to them, they've found someone already. If i could just click the trade link, and see immediately on the item tooltip that i can make it, that would be fantastic.

mfc144 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone else having any problems with Chatter not working? It was working fine last night, and now it's not. I re-downloaded it but it's still not working at all.

Tav on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Not working" doesn't help. What exactly is happening? Also, did you try deleting it's .LUA files?

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Makershot wrote: »
    "Not working" doesn't help. What exactly is happening? Also, did you try deleting it's .LUA files?

It's not doing anything. It's coming up in the list of addons, it's not out of date but yet when I log in it's just the default chatbox. I've tried deleting the folder and reinstalling it, but the same things happens. I've not installed or updated any addons since last night.

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.