Options

[WoW] UI stands for "User Interface," not "u idiot"

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A quick question for anyone that cares to answer - I'm interested in trying out Hal's UI, found here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=7975&so=&page=3#comments

When I load it, I'm unable to move where the group member boxes show up (I'd like to move them about an inch vertically). If anyone could help, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It looks like he's using Pitbull.

You should be able to unlock pitbull using the Rock config menu, and then be able to drag the various Pitbull frames to wherever, and then relock it.

Bigity on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will try that. Thank you so much, I'm sure anyone reading this thread knows how frustrating it is when stuff just doesn't work as you'd like it.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Anyone got one of them fancy mods that yell in raid/party if a taunt gets resisted?

Echo on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I use optitaunt for that I think. It also freaks people out with super long, class specific whispers when they've got aggro and taunt gets resisted.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Anyone got one of them fancy mods that yell in raid/party if a taunt gets resisted?

Segui can do it, if you use that already. But I'm sure there's something more specific available.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I use TauntWarn, it gets the job done.

Opty on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Does anyone know of an addon that measures how much of a Power World Shield, Ice Barrier, Mana shield, etc etc is left?

Quite often I'll be on my mage, and I'll have Ice Barrier up, I'll fully absorb an attack, and the attacker will be dead or switch targets. In cases like that, I don't really know if I have 1hp of absorption, or 95% of it still left, and it'd be nice to know when its worth it to recast it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Here's a question, although not specifically UI related, (I may have to take this to the technology forums). I recently upgraded my computer to 4 gigs of pc3200 DDR Ram.

Vista sees all 4 gigs (Whether it's utilizing that 4 gigs in another question), yet when I do that system performance check that gives you a score based on your system, everything is around a 5.9 to 6.0 (I think it's out of 6), yet my Memory(ram) category shows a 4.3, which is my lowest score on the entire chart.

What the hell is that about? I've got 4-fucking-gigs in there.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think it measures memory speed too. Maybe something is fucking with it.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Spoiler for HUGE
    WoWScrnShot_060908_201718.jpg
    Stuff you can see -
    Pitbull, Bartender3, SCT, quartz, cooldown bars, titan panel, recount, prat 2.0 and grid.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Feed your pet, jerk, you're upsetting it. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Feed your pet, jerk, you're upsetting it. :(
    he was just mad that I spent almost an hour fussing with that UI :P

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Here's a question, although not specifically UI related, (I may have to take this to the technology forums). I recently upgraded my computer to 4 gigs of pc3200 DDR Ram.

Vista sees all 4 gigs (Whether it's utilizing that 4 gigs in another question), yet when I do that system performance check that gives you a score based on your system, everything is around a 5.9 to 6.0 (I think it's out of 6), yet my Memory(ram) category shows a 4.3, which is my lowest score on the entire chart.

What the hell is that about? I've got 4-fucking-gigs in there.

Are you using a 64 bit processor and 64 bit Vista? Because otherwise you can't use all of that 4 gigs (see here) and maybe what's happening to the performance tool is it's overflowing the value and you end up with it thinking you have .88 gigs instead which is less than Vista's 1 gig recommendation so it explains why you're getting the worst score.

Opty on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I originally posted this in the Huntard forums, but figured it would be more appropriate here since technically it is UI related, so any help would be appreciated.

Is there a Quartz setting somewhere I'm missing that shows a timer for Ice Traps? What happens currently is i'll lay a trap, DPS my target, while an additional target gets trapped. At that point, i'm still DPS'ing the original target, but I can't tell when my trap is up unless I actually target the guy that's trapped. That just seems wrong, and i'm sure i'm missing something. Any ideas?

Same sort of thing with mend pet. Is there a way to have the UI display all debuffs and buffs at all times for my pet? Right now I have to mouse-over him in order to see if mend pet is still active or not, which is super annoying. I want to be able to glance up and see if mend pet has worn out or not so I can re-apply it without stacking one on top of the other. If there is a setting in quartz for that as well, that would be great.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You probably need a separate timers bar for that. I use chronometer to track my HoTs and DoTs etc but don't know how that works with traps and stuff like that.

Quartz is pretty specific to your current target as far as I can tell.

shadowane on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You could always focus the trap target and then it'll give you the debuff bar which should show the trap.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There is a specific hunter mod... Kharthus' Hunter Timers I think... except it's not maintained by Kharthus anymore, or something...
    here it is

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited June 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    You could always focus the trap target and then it'll give you the debuff bar which should show the trap.

This is what I do. I have a /focus macro and a swap target/focus macro. Its very handy for CC in instances... I set the first target at focus, then target the CC mob. Once I have the CC mob coming at me, I drop my trap and hit the swap macro. Voila, I am not going to break my own ice trap and I can still monitor the trap timer. I also have the added ease of the fact that my ice traps last almost exactly as long as my cooldown.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    blackdegreeblackdegree Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Would one of you fine mod writers take a look at the following addon and see if you could update it for the most recent patch (or whatever.)

I'd love you forever.

http://will.neoprimitive.net/wowgoons/me-love-cookie-initial-release.zip

blackdegree on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I know this gets asked a lot but... Good current options for saving UI real estate re: totems?

riz on
  • Options
    BufordHicksBufordHicks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I macro the hell out of my totems using the various mouse click macros to combine similar function totems and spells (like the resistance totems, the fire nova and magma totems and the like)

BufordHicks on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I know this gets asked a lot but... Good current options for saving UI real estate re: totems?

I use Totemus, but I still ended up hotkeying the most commonly used ones anyway.

Edit: And what he ^ said. /castsequence reset=8 [Water Totem], [Air Totem], [Fire Totem], [Earth Totem]

I have 3 of those, one for melee with windfury, one for melee with agi, one for casters.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I liked Numen when playing my shaman.

But I also hotkeyed the ones like Grounding or Tremor totem in addition to a totem mod.

Bigity on
  • Options
    BufordHicksBufordHicks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Except for Totemus, that is exactly what I do.

Here are the macros that I use:
    MACRO 16777220 "DPS" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Strength of Earth Totem, Mana Spring Totem, Grace of Air Totem
    END

MACRO 16777222 "Healing" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Mana Spring Totem, Tranquil Air Totem, Stoneskin Totem
    END

MACRO 16777218 "Healing Wave" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:2,target=player] Healing Wave; Healing Wave
    END

MACRO 16777217 "Lesser Wave" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:2,target=player] Lesser Healing Wave; Lesser Healing Wave
    END

MACRO 16777221 "Magic" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Wrath of Air Totem, Mana Spring Totem, Stoneskin Totem
    END

MACRO 16777224 "Magma Nova" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:2] Fire Nova Totem; Magma Totem
    END

MACRO 16777225 "Mount" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /cast [combat,nomounted] Ghost Wolf
    /cast [nostance,nocombat,flyable,nobutton:2] Blue Windrider
    /cast [nostance,nocombat,noflyable][button:2] Reins of the Silver War Talbuk
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cancelform [stance]
    END

MACRO 16777223 "Resistance Totem" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:3] Nature Resistance Totem; [button:2] Frost Resistance Totem; Fire Resistance Totem
    END

MACRO 16777219 "Tank" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Stoneskin Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Windwall Totem
    END

Edit-Now includes copies of my Shammy macros

BufordHicks on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I use Yet Another Totem Addon. It's a set of four buttons with popups similar to Autobar, one column for each totem school. You can right-click the buttons to cast Totemic Recall, program different sets (for say, PvE vs. PvP) and re-arrange it horizontally or vertically.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just made four macros that bind commonly used totems to shift, ctrl and alt+clicks.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    anyone know where to get a hold of some pre-made pitbull layouts?

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t23615-dogtags_3_0_thread/

Fuck knows how to use them though.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    DogTags only gives you the labeling though.

End on
  • Options
    theDewMongertheDewMonger regular
    edited June 2008
    WoWScrnShot_062908_091716.jpg

Copy and paste ad nauseum.

theDewMonger on
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yea, i finally figured it out. then i screwed it all up trying to modify someone else's layout.

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wondering if anyone has any UI suggestions for Warlocks? Right now the only major add-ons I use are Bongos, a G15 hotkey-pad and some other tradeskill related stuff. I do mostly PVP with a fair chunk of PVE mixed in there.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I've been using ForteWarlock as my dot timer for a few months now. I like it better than other offerings aesthetically. The addon comes with a ton of features I don't use but others maybe find them helpful (cooldown tracking, shard management, summoning and healthstone assist, settings to announce when CC breaks, etc).

riz on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    riz wrote: »
    I've been using ForteWarlock as my dot timer for a few months now. I like it better than other offerings aesthetically. The addon comes with a ton of features I don't use but others maybe find them helpful (cooldown tracking, shard management, summoning and healthstone assist, settings to announce when CC breaks, etc).

Most excellent. It's actually been updated for the 2.4 Combat Log changes!

Major gripe with DoTimer, it doesn't see unit death, even though it should... ForteWarlock seems to see that happen.

*runs off to inform guildies*

(Although, none of us are affliction anymore, but I still use DoTimer a little bit for curses and whatnot)

End on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, you'll always need one for things like banish timing if nothing else. It also puts a little "__ resisted your Curse of Shadows!" or whatever in a bright color in my chat frame, which is helpful.

Edit: Also my boyfriend uses ForteWarlock on his prot paladin, turns off all the pieces except for the core and cooldowns, because he likes the way it displays them (sort of a sliding bar with icons?) and it works for any class in that sense.

riz on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Damn servers need to come up so I can play with it.

End on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Maybe I should give forte a shot. My current timer setup is a mismash of addons, because chronometer is a piece of junk and won't recognize a DoT when you clip the end of it's cast clientside. I think I use 2-3 different timers to track different cooldowns and spells.

I tried forte at some point in the past, and it's whole config menu sort of threw me after being used to the rock GUI, but maybe I'll give it another go.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Recommendations for cooldown bar mods, please.

Tried Hourglass (didn't seem to want to work properly) and CooldownTimers2 (not what I was looking for, just wanted some simple cooldown bars in the same style as ElkbuffBars).

815165 on
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Recommendations for cooldown bar mods, please.

Tried Hourglass (didn't seem to want to work properly) and CooldownTimers2 (not what I was looking for, just wanted some simple cooldown bars in the same style as ElkbuffBars).
    Does OmniCC work?

The Rocking M on
This discussion has been closed.