Options

heath ledger defeats mothra, story developing

• Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    News stations on standby like starving cats waiting for someone to piss milk. man i wish i were at the scene right now. i would be spreading rumors like no fucking tomorrow.

"Heath Ledger's body actually has 1-18-09 tattooed all over it. Purple Monkey, Dishwasher."

delphinus on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    the cause of death is still kind of completely up in the air, guys

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    if it was accidental then it's still pretty silly

I mean, apparently he offed himself with pills

how do you even do that accidentally and still not seem like a fool?

Bruce Lee.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    celebrity death pool?

I got 20 on christian bale

Hate you.

Forty on Brandon Routh.

This is sick

Wishing death on attractive men when unattractive female celebrities are on the brink of death anyway

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Petronius had the best set-up for his suicide.

Dude held a huge party and when nobody was looking he slashed his wrists and quickly bound them with cloth.

After that he had people line up to entertain him, if he wasn't satisfied he's loosen up the cloth just a bit and tighten it up if the performance was good.

The_Dciple on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fuck

I come home from a hockey game to this?

FUCK

Iskander on
  • Options
    txttxt Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    so many pages of edits on wikipedia for his article within the last hour. pages

txt on
    lostsig.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    suicide is retarded

if heath ledger committed suicide then he is retarded

man suicide isn't always retarded. the reason for doing it might be, but i mean fuck, suicide isn't/wasn't always looked down as the worst of all things. some cultures don't view it much different then any other regular death, and then you got martyrs, and what about romeo and juliet. i don't agree with it, but it can be romanticized and isn't necessarily 'retarded'.

no, its retarded

unless you're terminally ill or Hunter S Thompson, killing yourself i retarded unless you do it in the awesomest way imaginable, like juggling chainsaws while riding a shark or something

we really have no reason to believe it was suicide though. There was no craziness, no depression (that we saw, I guess) and no really weird behavior. So far, the sheer suddenness of this makes it look accidental.

Which means that, most likely, they were recreational. Which means that, with a child he's supposed to be raising, he's still a giant fucking retard.

If it turns out that it isn't recreational or a suicide, then I'll change my mind, but anyone taking emough pills to come close to an overdose as a recreation when they have a child to raise is, in my mind, a giant fucking retard.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    celebrity death pool?

Hate you.

Forty on Brandon Routh.

This is sick

Wishing death on attractive men when unattractive female celebrities are on the brink of death anyway

50 on Tyra Banks.

Zombot on
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

well he already said in an interview that he accidentally messed up on sleeping pills before, so maybe he just don't learn?

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    man what the hell

this is crazy

like some James Dean gifted actor dying young thing

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    celebrity death pool?

Hate you.

Forty on Brandon Routh.

This is sick

50 on Tyra Banks.

Better

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited January 2008
    celebrity death pool?

Hate you.

Forty on Brandon Routh.

This is sick

50 on Tyra Banks.

35 on Reese Witherspoon.

She’s too wholesome, ok? She has to be hiding something

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm still hoping it is something like Bruce Lee's death and just some crazy ass brain thing that he tried to fix with some advil or something.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

man suicide isn't always retarded. the reason for doing it might be, but i mean fuck, suicide isn't/wasn't always looked down as the worst of all things. some cultures don't view it much different then any other regular death, and then you got martyrs, and what about romeo and juliet. i don't agree with it, but it can be romanticized and isn't necessarily 'retarded'.

no, its retarded

unless you're terminally ill or Hunter S Thompson, killing yourself i retarded unless you do it in the awesomest way imaginable, like juggling chainsaws while riding a shark or something

we really have no reason to believe it was suicide though. There was no craziness, no depression (that we saw, I guess) and no really weird behavior. So far, the sheer suddenness of this makes it look accidental.

Which means that, most likely, they were recreational. Which means that, with a child he's supposed to be raising, he's still a giant fucking retard.

If it turns out that it isn't recreational or a suicide, then I'll change my mind, but anyone taking emough pills to come close to an overdose as a recreation when they have a child to raise is, in my mind, a giant fucking retard.

CNN is citing them as "sleeping pills".

If he died from using too many sleeping pills, I'm going to have to assume it was suicide. Either that or he was a really really bad insomniac.

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2008
    what kind of odds will you guys give me on Crispin Glover?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Next death? Jennifer Lopez during pregnancy.

Oh please oh please grant me my wish god.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    my first thought was

oh god heath ledger nooo

my second was

who is next now

Soup on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

well he already said in an interview that he accidentally messed up on sleeping pills before, so maybe he just don't learn?

the reaction he described in the interview makes me think his physiology is fucked up or something

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    man what

Seriously on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Advil /= "pills"

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Grandaddy DeliciousGrandaddy Delicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This celebrity death has hit me surprisingly hard. I mean, usually I'm like "meh, that blows". But for some reason this death is actually... legitimately depressing.

Grandaddy Delicious on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

unless you're terminally ill or Hunter S Thompson, killing yourself i retarded unless you do it in the awesomest way imaginable, like juggling chainsaws while riding a shark that has a nuclear warhead in it's stomach and is rocketing toward a meteor that's about to crash into earth

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

CNN is citing them as "sleeping pills".

If he died from using too many sleeping pills, I'm going to have to assume it was suicide. Either that or he was a really really bad insomniac.

Yeah, I'd read somewhere that it may have been Ambien, and that he'd had issues with insomnia. Which seems to fit. But until the toxicology reports come back with the autopsy, it is a celebrity found dead in bed surrounded by pills, which you have to understand pretty much always means wither suicide or recreational overdose.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What if Will Smith dies next?

Or Daniel Radcliffe or Sean Connery or...

Fuck, what if it's Paul Giamotti or Daniel Day Lewis? D:

OH GOD, MORTALITY SUDDENLY VERY REAL.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    Next death? Jennifer Lopez during pregnancy.

Oh please oh please grant me my wish god.

Then we just end up with Jersey Girl, and that can't be good for anyone
    Actually I quite liked Jersey Girl, but yeh

Ten on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

unless you're terminally ill or Hunter S Thompson, killing yourself i retarded unless you do it in the awesomest way imaginable, like juggling chainsaws while riding a shark that has a nuclear warhead in it's stomach and is rocketing toward a meteor that's about to crash into earth

you fucked up the bbcode there and I didn't notice, and I was so fucking confused for a minute there

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

I dunno dude in ancient Rome and Japan falling on your sword was not too uncommon.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    He was obviously killed to hide his love affair with the president.

No wait that was Marilyn Monroe.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wither suicide is going to be the name of my goth band

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    This article about him is...eerie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movies/moviesspecial/04lyal.html?_r=4&pagewanted=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin
    He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman” franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.
    “Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.
    James Dean too. “Dylan was completely inspired by James Dean, and Heath has a little bit of James Dean in him, even physically, a kind of precocious seriousness,” Mr. Haynes went on. “As adult actors seem more and more infantile and refusing to grow up, middle-aged guys with their baseball caps, Heath is one of those young people who have a real intuition, a maturity beyond their years.”

:(

that bolded part, combined with someone saying it was sleeping pills make it seem accidental

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    celebrity death pool?

Hate you.

Forty on Brandon Routh.

This is sick

50 on Tyra Banks.

Better

Honey, we both know that you can't kill a God.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If Christian Bale dies anytime soon, I'm attacking heaven.

Man this is kind of an epic picture on my head

Storming the gates of Heaven and kicking angels out of your way to bring Christian Bale back to Earth, with like Mozart's version of Dies Irae playing or some shit

It's kind of beautiful really

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

you fucked up the bbcode there and I didn't notice, and I was so fucking confused for a minute there
    dude so was I
    all, "hey I didn't say that"

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    who are some other australian celebrities?
    They seem like the safest bet

edit: OH GOD SOMEONE CHECK IF PIPE IS STILL ALIVE

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Suicide is the most selfish, cruel thing a person can do. No one who commits suicide is selfless or kind.

They are, as stated, selfish and uncaring of the loved ones who will be catastrophically damaged by the suddeness of such a thing.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    story broke less than an hour ago and there are seriously people criticizing him

jesus christ

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

dude so was I
    all, "hey I didn't say that"

I was all "holy shit are we on the same wavelength or what?"

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    suicide is like flipping all your friends the bird and giving your enemies a big thumbs up

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    suilimeA wrote: »
    suicide is retarded

no, its retarded

I dunno dude in ancient Rome and Japan falling on your sword was not too uncommon.
    but that was either killing themselves because they had lost the battle/been captured or because they were wounded and felt it was more honorable to die than malinger
    not really comparable to killing yourself because life is just too unbearably depressing

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg