As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Chat: What's that lassie? Timmy fell in the Sunwell?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Aw, I actually expected some news about Sunwell.

I'm trying to take a Zen "We'll hear about it when we hear about it" approach to 2.4 PTRs, 2.4 release and WOTLK.

It's working.

Sort of.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    There was a team of 3 players on lightninghoof hordeside a while back. They were douchebags, all of them, a pompous lot.

You had Uslashed, the warrior.
    Urooted, the Druid.
    And Ucuted, the rogue.

Apparently, nobody taught him that the past tense of Cut is Cut.

No, he was just a very cute Rogue, that's all.

I heard later on that he was constantly being mocked by his guildmates for it. That's the only reason why I learned that he meant it to be cut.

I think Blizzard should put a policy in, stating that if your name is "retarded beyond a certain degree, you will not be allowed to use a paid name change and must live with your stupidity. Now go diaf."

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Aw, I actually expected some news about Sunwell.

I'm trying to take a Zen "We'll hear about it when we hear about it" approach to 2.4 PTRs, 2.4 release and WOTLK.

It's working.

Sort of.

Me...I'm getting twitchy. I know updating mmo-champion, and blue tracker every hour won't do anything but damn it, I'm jonesing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And Ucuted, the rogue.

Apparently, nobody taught him that the past tense of Cut is Cut.

Even if the past tense of cut did end in -ed, wouldn't it be cutted with two T's? Doubly stupid rogue, imo.

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We have two types of priests in our raid: the good priests, and the ones that die at the beginning of the fight.

It's always amusing to see a Spirit of Redemption go flying across SSC on Lurker.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    riz wrote: »
    We had that wand drop once.

We do have the shittiest caster loot possible though, so it wasn't a shock.

We've had it drop twice. Once went to a mage who does good DPS, so that was good. The first one went to... a shadow priest.

Who also has our only Slippers of the Seacaller and our second Vestments of the Sea-Witch.

Who quit raiding over Christmas break.

sgjldkhs;

I think you mentioned this priest.

Nothing beats this though: http://nerdcraftguild.com/dkp/viewitem.php?i=4760

Seriously, fuck Archimonde.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    On mis-pronunciations...

I can't tell you how maddening it is to hear my co-workers talk about going to Shatara, or over to Searing George, or how you should proceed to Wetfall before going to Westridge.

*slap*

Tach on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2008
    Glad we transfered off, Archimonde that is.

heyooo double meaning.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    The very notion of Paladin healing has completely changed. [...] Although, we do have a Paladin healer in my main group - he spot heals because he can't keep up on main tanks when we fight bosses. But he raid heals very, very well.

Yeah. When we started raiding I rocked the healing meters and were nearly always on top.

Now that we're advancing beyond tier 4 content the holy paladin weaknesses really start to show. Movement-intensive fights like Magtheridon, Hydross, Lurker? Yeah, no heals while repositioning.

Echo on
  • Options
    wanaflapwanaflap Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Wait, Spirit of Redemption is considered useful now? I thought it always got nothing but derision from Priests. Improved Death, and all that.

Us holy, raiding priests started picking up Spirit of Redemption when they buffed it with the + 5% to spirit (which improves +healing and 5 sec mana regen). Before then I dumped the extra point somewhere in the disc. tree.

It's also quite useful in arena as well, but I dropped all of that when my healing got to 1800 and switched to disc. Now I just laugh at melee and run around the place throwing instant casts.

wanaflap on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We just say Shat in my guild :p I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce, or even seen them type out the full name :p

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That's the biggest complaint about Paladins. They do not scale past T4 content at all.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Paladin healing is only fun in PVP, because there's lots going on and also cleansing and depoisoning and blessing and AHHH! BOP ON SLAIDE DON'T DIE YOU FUCKER.

In PVE sometimes I have to slap myself for using big heals in the way I used to heal on my priest. FOL FOL FOL LOL. I also have to slap myself to stay awake.

Medopine on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    That's the biggest complaint about Holy Paladins. They do not scale past T4 content at all.

Fixed that for you. Ret and Prot both do well in T5/T6 content.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If timmie fell in the Sunwell a dog ain't gettin' him out.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    EWom wrote: »
    We just say Shat in my guild :p I don't think I've ever heard anyone pronounce, or even seen them type out the full name :p
    Well yeah, Shat as an abbreviation is fine (and a bit funny), but 'Shattra' or 'Shatara' is just a gross mispronunciation.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That awesome video? About the guy and his friend Jimmy? It's pretty great, except for the utter retardation of him always saying "Shatharah." How do your eyes not focus in on the two consecutive Ts right in the middle of the word? The most obvious thing to note about that word is the "sh" and the "tt."

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    no, shut up, none of you know the pain of having to hear

"hey guys we r on the see'thoon now let's kill the seeee'thoon oh man shit guys the seeeeeee'thoooooon is hard"

They were talking about C'thun, which I, and everyone who is normal, pronounce as "Ka-thoon". This wasn't in OS, so I couldn't snap and yell at the whole fucking lot of them. Truly a sad day for me.

I just say CT.

Play with the Spur again fucker.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    That's the biggest complaint about Holy Paladins. They do not scale past T4 content at all.

Fixed that for you. Ret and Prot both do well in T5/T6 content.

If only 90%+ of 70 pallies weren't holy so we could get rid of the "omg paladins suck" notion.

Echo on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    When the fuck did Ret start doing well, I must have missed a memo

That and I don't really pay attention to what DPSers are doing during raids, as long as they're not overaggroing me or dying stupidly :P

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    When the fuck did Ret start doing well, I must have missed a memo

That and I don't really pay attention to what DPSers are doing during raids, as long as they're not overaggroing me or dying stupidly :P

When they get S3, Ret does really well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Wait, Spirit of Redemption is considered useful now? I thought it always got nothing but derision from Priests. Improved Death, and all that.

1 single talent point to give you a brief period of AWESOME? Unstoppable healing is never bad, and while it's unfortunate that you have to die to use it, if the character is going to die anyway (and we all die once in a while due to something or another), I'd rather have them continue to be useful for a period of time than just roll over and wait for a rez (combat or otherwise).

Hell, I wish my rogue had a "Spirit of Vengeance: Upon death, kick everyones ass as an unstoppable killing machine".

Forar on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wing buffay noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GASP

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

CJTheran on
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Paladin healing is only fun in PVP, because there's lots going on and also cleansing and depoisoning and blessing and AHHH! BOP ON SLAIDE DON'T DIE YOU FUCKER.

Battlegrounds are always a good time because it's a bunch of uncoordinated pugs. You've got the ultimate defense in anonymity.

It's significantly less fun in arenas where it is more like "mana burned, counterspelled, Curse of Tongues, all buffs dispelled, feared, polymorphed, mass dispelled, HoJ resist, 500 junk debuffs making cleanse futile".

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    riz wrote: »

...Also some real Sunwell loot info...

Did you guys see this?
    sunwell_loots.jpg
    The 2.3.3 patch isn't very exciting, but I do have something interesting to post today. If you read my news carefully you probably saw the screenshot of Sunwell loots I posted a few days ago and I probably was the first to publicly claim "LOL FAKE !".

However, it looked real, too real to not be checked and I spent the week trying to gather information in a few places, and it became very interesting. I can now say that these loots are most likely real, and you will probably see most of them in Sunwell Plateau. (95% chance to see them, I'll keep the 5% chance that they're fake just to feel secure) There is obviously no official source to confirm this, but most of you know that I wouldn't post this without a good reason.

* Items seems to be ilvl 154~155
    * At least one of them is ilvl 164 (Apolyon, the Soul-render), we can assume it's a loot from Kil'jaeden. I didn't try to get the ilvl for all items, maybe there are more loots from KJ.
    * Even if they're legit, these stats are probably from early beta servers and could be changed/removed once the 2.4 patch is released on PTR.
    * The feral staff is with the caster weapons, I know, I'm not redoing the screenshot just because of that. :/
    * Nothing is confirmed by Blizzard, trust it at your own risks.
    * (Bonus) It seems that the Arena Season 4 sets will be named "Brutal Gladiator". This one is still fairly unconfirmed though.

and
    Sunwell, arena season 4 and Starcraft2

If you remember, we published a screenshot featuring Sunwell items on January 16 (we claimed it was probably fake), the day after this one, we received a private message (pm) claiming the picture is real and providing a small piece of info about arena season 4, to protect the author of this pm (and someone else's job) we will call him Mr Smith. At first, we didnt pay much attention to this pm, it was not the first time we received similar messages, however he seemed very convincing so we decided to investigate and just yesterday we were able to corroborate the S4 info from a very trusted source, which lead us to believe what he said on the sunwell picture is the truth.

Keep in mind nothing has been confirmed by an official source.

Sunwell
    * From what we learned the first boss of Sunwell is supposed to be a rigid gear check along the lines of how patchwerk was (not that it's a similar fight, just a gear type fight). Also there is a demon/dragon type fight where you take portals between two worlds of the boss. The last one sounds cool, but we didnt get more details.
    * According to our reasoning and the info we got (see above for explanations), Sunwell loot picture seems to be true, also we believe these items are from an early beta (i.e. the phase where they decide stats, names etc...) which could partially explain spelling errors.

Arena Season 4
    * Arena Season 4 armor sets will be titled "Brutal Gladiator".

Starcraft 2
    * Blizzard employees have been playing SC2 for several months on their internal alphas, they are currently on alpha 2 and they will probably let "friends & family" in when its going to be alpha 4 or 5.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

GASP

Okay now I get to ask a stupid question

In the context of "Flame Buffet" from Al'ar or whatever, is it supposed to be buff eh or buff it?

Ledneh on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    think we could get a spoiler for hugeness there?

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    CJTheran wrote: »

GASP

The MT in my olllld Alliance guild pronounced it wing buffet like a food buffet. We made fun of it ("stop saying that! you're making me hungry!") but then it was the running joke for him to keep saying it that way anyway.

I think it's stupid when people say "Mon-ah" instead of "Man-uh" for mana. Or manna. They're both pronounced the same way, and that way is MY WAY.

Medopine on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    buffeh is where you get all you can eat snow crab legs.

A buff-it is a violent shock or concussion, so I think it would match better with a flame.

Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Muramasa?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    From what we learned the first boss of Sunwell is supposed to be a rigid gear check along the lines of how patchwerk was

of the 13% of raid guilds that have entered and progressed into the Black Temple, 3.8% will meet the gear requirements to enter the Sunwell, and as such less than a percent of the population will experience this patch.

Then WotLK will release, and it's Naxx all over again.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Eri.

At first I was all "OMG, TEH H-SCROLL!!", and then I read it.

I'll be afk, getting new pants.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Word.

I'm not looking forward to the DK.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think you mentioned this priest.

Nothing beats this though: http://nerdcraftguild.com/dkp/viewitem.php?i=4760

Seriously, fuck Archimonde.

Haha oh god.

We had one drop. I hope it has friends waiting. We have horrible, horrible luck with caster weapons. We used to fight over Mindblades, didn't see Gruul's sword until it was going to alts because everyone else had s2, same with Leo's, have yet to see a dagger from Naj'entus. Meanwhile plenty of melee weapons. Can't have too many of those OH WAIT.

riz on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    WTB 5 man wing of New Naxx

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Muramasa?

Given the myths that a couple of the blades from his school had demonic taint, it kinda fits.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm gonna jump into the pronunciation thing with, how the hell do people turn Auchindoun into "Arch-Ah-Do-In"? I hear that in my guild constantly and it drives me nuts. I mean, it's an odd word so I don't expect everyone to sound it out the same way, but how the hell do you get an 'r' sound in the first syllable and where the hell did the 'n' go?

BTW, I say "Aw-kin-do-in". How close am I?

Old world was the worst, though. Burning Steeps. Refugee Point. Stormgarde. ><

Nova_C on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Awk-in-down is how I pronounce it.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do you wish to unlearn Blacksmithing?

Yes.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Muramasa?

Given the myths that a couple of the blades from his school had demonic taint, it kinda fits.

But, I mean, it doesn't at the same time.

If anything, make it a DK exclusive weapon. That would make more sense, not some warrior/whatever schmuck.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.