• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    zeeny wrote: »
    I believe it was confirmed the 6 people back are:
    Kate, jack, Hugo, Korean x 2, Sayid

when/where were the rest mentioned?

I honestly have no idea where it started, but it's been across the street as an "insider" information or coming from some reality game or something something. It's not canon, but I'd be surprised if all the internets have been had.
    The spoiler goes that the 6 above are the Oceanic 6 and we have a +1 who is yet to be confirmed(my money sits on Michael or Walt)

zeeny on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I honestly have no idea where it started, but it's been across the street as an "insider" information or coming from some reality game or something something. It's not canon, but I'd be surprised if all the internets have been had.
    The spoiler goes that the 6 above are the Oceanic 6 and we have a +1 who is yet to be confirmed(my money sits on Michael or Walt)

I see. I never played any of the games asscoiated with the series, so it's probably true.

I'm checking out they Flyoceanicair.com which leads to find815.com.

Btw, who was they guy who parachuted in at the end of the episode? I've seen him in something big before.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm quite certain Kate mentions living with Sawyer in the Season 3 finale.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ED! wrote: »

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm quite certain Kate mentions living with Sawyer in the Season 3 finale.

I don't think it was ever specifically mentioned that she was with Sawyer, but that would be the obvious choice.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The following are theories, but are spoilered just in case:
    The people trying to find the Island right now are from Dharma. There is clearly some difficulty in finding and getting to the Island, so when the Others took over the Dharma facility and the submarine which gave transportation (which if you'll remember was described as a rough ride if you weren't asleep), Dharma had no easy way to get back. They're now trying to retake what they believe is theirs.

The Others that we now know and were "natives" were actually brought to island like the survivors of the plane by Jacob. For what purpose I'm not sure, but there seems to be a definite conflict between Jacob and Dharma.

Jack had been trying to get back to the Island at the end of season three by taking random flights. This won't work until all the survivor's who left (the six) are on the plane, then Jacob will bring them back at once.

Hurley will start to see Libby's "ghost."

Kate is not a ghost. Jack had actually called her to meet him at the airport at the end of season three.

Locke will likely become a renegade. The creepy black guy who said he worked for Oceanic actually works for Dharma (they might be one and the same; I don't know yet) and wanted to know if "they" were still there. He means the Others. Dharma will get a foothold on the Island again and a hunt will ensue for the Others. The Oceanic Six know something about this but haven't said anything yet. Locke will like be the Others' leader, or at least have some sort of a prominent position.

I'm guessing something will have to come up about the wreck of the plane being found and everyone is dead, even though they supposedly aren't.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Kate mentions "I got to get back, he'll wonder where I am".

This is a real spoiler for episode 4. This is a big spoiler for an unaired episode. Do not read if you're not absolutely sure you want it:
    The he she's referring to is Aaron. Kate is taking care of Claire's baby. Claire doesn't get off the island. Neither does Sawyer.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I see. I never played any of the games asscoiated with the series, so it's probably true.

Btw, who was they guy who parachuted in at the end of the episode? I've seen him in something big before.

That was Jeremy Davies, you probably know him better as Upham from Saving Private Ryan

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dalboz wrote: »
    The following are theories, but are spoilered just in case:
    The people trying to find the Island right now are from Dharma. There is clearly some difficulty in finding and getting to the Island, so when the Others took over the Dharma facility and the submarine which gave transportation (which if you'll remember was described as a rough ride if you weren't asleep), Dharma had no easy way to get back. They're now trying to retake what they believe is theirs.

The Others that we now know and were "natives" were actually brought to island like the survivors of the plane by Jacob. For what purpose I'm not sure, but there seems to be a definite conflict between Jacob and Dharma.

Jack had been trying to get back to the Island at the end of season three by taking random flights. This won't work until all the survivor's who left (the six) are on the plane, then Jacob will bring them back at once.

Hurley will start to see Libby's "ghost."

Kate is not a ghost. Jack had actually called her to meet him at the airport at the end of season three.

Locke will likely become a renegade. The creepy black guy who said he worked for Oceanic actually works for Dharma (they might be one and the same; I don't know yet) and wanted to know if "they" were still there. He means the Others. Dharma will get a foothold on the Island again and a hunt will ensue for the Others. The Oceanic Six know something about this but haven't said anything yet. Locke will like be the Others' leader, or at least have some sort of a prominent position.

I'm guessing something will have to come up about the wreck of the plane being found and everyone is dead, even though they supposedly aren't.

RE: the last part
    Could it be that Dharma/Alvar Hanso owns Oceanic Airlines, and they made up the whole "found the plane" thing so that everyone would stop looking, just in case someone else found the island?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    muninn wrote: »
    I was really dissapointed with the premiere. I mean usually the opening episode starts with some drastic revelation or surprise, and this time around... not so much. Nothing gets resolved, no really new mysteries (which might be a good thing).
    Its a decent setup, but little pay-off.
    It didn't have the same omph as other premiers - like two year's ago with Desmond's morning routine when they blow the hatch open. Just felt like the continuation of a two-part episode, and nothing new happened - people just ran around conveying what they knew (and what we also knew) to each other.

I guess the confirmation that "yes, there are flash-forwards into the future" up ins was big, but everyone knew that the season would be like that.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    This is a real spoiler for episode 4. This is a big spoiler for an unaired episode. Do not read if you're not absolutely sure you want it:
    The he she's referring to is Aaron. Kate is taking care of Claire's baby. Claire doesn't get off the island. Neither does Sawyer.
    If that's true, this has got to be pretty damned far in the future.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »
    muninn wrote: »
    I was really dissapointed with the premiere. I mean usually the opening episode starts with some drastic revelation or surprise, and this time around... not so much. Nothing gets resolved, no really new mysteries (which might be a good thing).
    Its a decent setup, but little pay-off.
    It didn't have the same omph as other premiers - like two year's ago with Desmond's morning routine when they blow the hatch open. Just felt like the continuation of a two-part episode, and nothing new happened - people just ran around conveying what they knew (and what we also knew) to each other.

I guess the confirmation that "yes, there are flash-forwards into the future" up ins was big, but everyone knew that the season would be like that.

people seem to be ignoring the massive reveals of things like
    Hurley gets off the island!

Hurley wants to go back! ... which is fucked up when you consider somewhere between this episode's flash forward and the end of season 3 flash forward, Jack becomes convinced that they need to go back.

6 people get off the island...

something happens with locke's group

someone very probably wants to silence the people who survive, and they seem to have some deal where they can only reveal certain things.

Christian appears to be on the island, as he was in the window hurley looked through

individually thes emay not be huge, and I'm obviously not pointing out anything someone who watched the episode wouldn't know, but these are, all taken, very important revelations about where the story is going.

I thought it was a great episode, even if the information wasn't packed ina punch, there were great reveals.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If "Oceanic 6" has become a well known media coined term in the future of the lost universe(duh) then Kate probably is not one of them, or else I would like to know why she is not in jail.

Fake identity would not be enough to save her ass, once she makes it on tv the cops would know, so I guess they somehow smuggled her off the island but didn't make it public, which means 7 people got off the island, unless I missed something because I didnt play any of the LOST internet Schnitzeljagden.

Also: some really bad acting/writing this ep, especially the death scene "hello comrades on the boat, I just climbed this tree and jumped a woman despite my horrible knife wounds, the coordinates are as followed, just tell my sister I love her uurrgghhh...."

Librarian on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Who did Sayid go with in the end, Locke or Jack?

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The "tell my sister I lover her" thing sounded like code. Maybe for "I can't talk freely but please come with guns."

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Who did Sayid go with in the end, Locke or Jack?

Jack because they would have made a scene out of it like they did with Sawyer and Hurley if he didn't.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Librarian wrote: »
    If "Oceanic 6" has become a well known media coined term in the future of the lost universe(duh) then Kate probably is not one of them, or else I would like to know why she is not in jail.

Fake identity would not be enough to save her ass, once she makes it on tv the cops would know, so I guess they somehow smuggled her off the island but didn't make it public, which means 7 people got off the island, unless I missed something because I didnt play any of the LOST internet Schnitzeljagden.

Something tells me Oceanic (or one of the powers behind Oceanic) have the power to hush things like that up. They probably cut a deal where she stays out of jail in return for remaining quiet about the Island.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Also: some really bad acting/writing this ep, especially the death scene "hello comrades on the boat, I just climbed this tree and jumped a woman despite my horrible knife wounds, the coordinates are as followed, just tell my sister I love her uurrgghhh...."

It's fairly obvious shes not just some normal woman. She could be ex-military for all we know.
    Maybe for "I can't talk freely but please come with guns."
    The sneak peek for next week makes that seem plausible. Especially if she thought she wasn't going to live, and this group does indeed have nefarious intentions - better Jack's group still think they are benign.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I enjoyed this episode. Honestly, since I didn't have time to watch the re-cap episode, I probably would have forgotten about a lot of important points if they would have jumped straight into crazy plot twists.

As it was, the plot just seemed to advance appropriately at a nice pace and set up the rest of the season well.

Taximes on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

It's fairly obvious shes not just some normal woman. She could be ex-military for all we know.
    Maybe for "I can't talk freely but please come with guns."
    The sneak peek for next week makes that seem plausible. Especially if she thought she wasn't going to live, and this group does indeed have nefarious intentions - better Jack's group still think they are benign.
    They'll be all like 'durr, she didn't have a sister' when it comes time for some exposition.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Something tells me Oceanic (or one of the powers behind Oceanic) have the power to hush things like that up. They probably cut a deal where she stays out of jail in return for remaining quiet about the Island.
    Or maybe it's just one of those "she's been through enough, let her go" kind of things.

I mean, all she did was blow up her dead-beat rapist father . . . well, and got her friend killed . . . and went on the run all over the world.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I still don't get why Locke killed her. He was shy about killing anybody - he was a 'farmer', not a 'hunter'. So how did he suddenly get up the nerve to stab someone in the back from twenty feet based off a hunch and a message from Walt?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Because he believes again.

Also, that didn't need to be spoilered.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

That was Jeremy Davies, you probably know him better as Upham from Saving Private Ryan

That's it. Thx for making me remember.

One thing I like about Lost is that they hire pretty good actors you haven't seen in several years.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Because he believes again.

Also, that didn't need to be spoilered.
    Believes?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm not actually sure if I need to spoil this or not, but to be on the safe side:
    Multiple choice question: Locke's vision of Walt=
    a) The real Walt who underwent 3 years of puberty in 90 days
    b) A vision from the island to motivate Locke
    c) Walt's ghost, because he's dead somewhere
    d) WTF?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Vision from the future.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008

One thing I like about Lost is that they hire pretty good actors you haven't seen in several years.

I also think it made actors who were basically nobodies for years finally come out on their own. Matthew Fox was in Party Of Five and now because of Lost he is going to star in mainstream films like Speed Racer. Terry O'Quinn who is one of my favorites in Lost and has been seen in many films as a character actor is now more recognized I think.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I also think it made actors who were basically nobodies for years finally come out on their own. Matthew Fox was in Party Of Five and now because of Lost he is going to star in mainstream films like Speed Racer. Terry O'Quinn who is one of my favorites in Lost and has been seen in many films as a character actor is now more recognized I think.

Terry O'Quinn was in Millennium. Which was superb, until they totally fucked it. Also, if you look at a TV show, and if an actor is awesome, odds are (s)he was in Oz. Dexter is made of Oz.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Time might pass differently on the island, remember- so it could have been more than 90 days for Walt on the outside.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My interest piqued by LondonBridge's observation, I've learned the following things from Wikipedia:

Terry O'Quinn played a Starfleet admiral in TNG. And a gay CEO on one of the Law and Orders.

Josh Holloway was a bellboy in a CSI episode.

Emilie de Ravin played a demon on BeastMaster.

And Henry Ian Cusick wins, since he played Jesus.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Time might pass differently on the island, remember- so it could have been more than 90 days for Walt on the outside.

With that kind of time change, wouldn't Sarah (Jack's ex) be like 90 in his flash forward?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »

With that kind of time change, wouldn't Sarah (Jack's ex) be like 90 in his flash forward?

The island is weird! Maybe the time changes aren't consistent, or Walt's aging was accelerated.

Or there's just no explanation and you're not supposed to think about it, since it's an actor/production fact rather than an intentional part of the story.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I don't think it's been established without a doubt that Michael and Walt left the island.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I mean yes, they left on a boat, but they did so before with Sawyer and Jin and look how that turned out.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I had some thoughts,
    they were talking about the Oceanic Six, but what about people that weren't on plane, namely both Desmond and Juliet. Both have very strong reasons to get back to their loved ones. They could also be on the island. I also believe that Ben Linus was the one in the casket. I believe Locke upsurped his control of the surviving Others. He could do this because he can also talk to Jacob, so they don't need Ben anymore.

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Besides, Desmond also left on a boat and he kept ending up at the same place.

It looks like it takes significant effort and stubbornness to get on or off the island, and the Island itself has some discretion as to who it allows to enter or leave.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Besides, Desmond also left on a boat and he kept ending up at the same place.

It looks like it takes significant effort and stubbornness to get on or off the island, and the Island itself has some discretion as to who it allows to enter or leave.

But the reason Michael and Walt are different was because that Ben gave him a specific heading to follow for several days so he wouldn't end up like Desmond.

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Time definitely passes differently on the island, remember- so it could have been more than 90 days for Walt on the outside.

The producers have stated consistently that time passes differently on the island, though we don't know the exact nature of the difference. So that's a fact.

But I think it pretty unlikely that Walt's aging is anything more than an awkward limitation of using child actors.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    I like the fact that this season has flash-forwards instead of flash-backs.

Aside from that though the show has failed to live up to my expectations. I've been watching since Season 1 to see if Kate and Jack will ever end up having sex. Every episode ends in sheer disappointment.

ege02 on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ege02 wrote: »
    I like the fact that this season has flash-forwards instead of flash-backs.

Aside from that though the show has failed to live up to my expectations. I've been watching since Season 1 to see if Kate and Jack will ever end up having sex. Every episode ends in sheer disappointment.

Perhaps that will be the final mega reveal in the series finale? That basically everything that has transpired has led to one ackward and brief act of lovemaking between jack and kate (Jate or whatever it is the internetz calls them).

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed