Options

[OOC Exalted]: Diamond in the Rough

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Faggy Toes wrote: »
    I'll look more closely later, but fun fact: you don't have Artifact 5; you have Artifact 1, Artifact 2, and Artifact 2. The difference? 2 bonus points in your favor.

Ooh. For some reason I thought I had to buy all three.

Sweet. That means I might be able to upgrade the weapon and armor by a dot each. *L* Or, alternately, boost some other stuff. I'll hafta think about it.
    In this case, you get what you pay for. The difference between a 3-dot artifact and a 4-dot artifact is substantial.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Name: Sesus Placeholder
    Caste: Solar - Eclipse
    Concept: Singing courtesan

Attributes:

Strength: 2
    Dexterity: 5
    Stamina: 2

Charisma: 5
    Manipulation: 3
    Appearance: 3 (7)

Perception: 3
    Intelligence: 2
    Wits: 2

Abilities:

(F)Martial Arts: 5
    Awareness: 3
    Dodge: 4
    (F)Integrity: 4
    (F)Performance: 5
    (F)Presence: 3
    Craft - Air: 3
    (F)Investigation: 1
    (C)Bureaucracy: 0
    (C)Linguistics: 3 (High Realm, Old Realm)
    (C)Ride: 0
    (C)Sail: 0
    (C)Socialize: 3

Virtues:

Compassion: 2
    Conviction: 5
    Temperance: 3
    Valor: 1

Willpower: 8
    Essence: 2

Backgrounds:

Artifact 1
    Artifact 1
    Resources 2
    Manse 4

Charms:

Second Integrity Excellency
    Temptation-Resisting Stance
    Second Martial Arts Excellency
    Shadow Over Water
    Seven-Shadows Evasion

Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style:

Inspiring Battle Hymn
    Terrifying Battle Shriek
    Harmony in Opposition Stance
    Haunting Heart-Rending Melody
    Voice of the Night Bird

Stone of Inhuman Beauty - This iridescent white oval adds four dots to the wearer's Appearance, raising it to a maximum of 7. In addition, the bearer cannot be made to look anything other than beautiful: nothing short of Solar Circle Sorcery can even temporarily reduce his Appearance. If dressed in rags and covered in mud, he appears handsomely disheveled; if disguised to look horribly scarred, he seems to bear noble wounds that must obviously have come from performing some grand feat of heroism. Other people always notice the bearer unless he uses stealth, Charms, or the cover of darkness to conceal himself. This is good when giving a speech... not so good for a discreet meting with an informant. (Oadenol's Codex, page 107)

Sais of Concordant Dissonance - A matched pair of harmonic sais with a single hearthstone setting in the right one. Both are made of orichalcum, but the left one is black, while the right one is white, though both have rivules of silvered jade running through them. Both emit tones when struck, or maneuvered properly by one skilled in their use: the right a beautiful bell tone, the left a dissonant chord. The two sais must be attuned at the same time, and attempting to use only one in combat, in addition to the normal penalty for harmonic weapons, causes a -1 external penalty on all rolls.
    Speed: 4 Accuracy: +2 Damage: +4L Defense: +4 Rate: 4
    Minimums: Dex 2, Mrt 2 Attune: 2 Cost: 1 Tags: D, M

Harmonic Chain Shirt - May be concealed under normal clothes.
    Soak: +7L/+5B Hardness: 3L/3B Mobility: -0 Fatigue: 0
    Cost: 1 Attune: 2
    The sais are mechanically identical to a single orichalcum Baneclaw out of the Scroll of the Monk, except without the weapon-breaking power, they're harmonic, and there's two of them (however, the two combined are mechanically identical to the one Baneclaw; I just wanted a pair for cinematic purposes).

Stats are normal, so the artifacts are at -1 to a bunch of shit until I get the charm that lets me use them well, when they'll be +1. I have a very nice background story mentally worked up, that I will post as soon as I get back from precinct captain training. The name is a hint to what I have in mind. :P

Anthrax, a hint as to where we'll be starting will be helpful to writing backstories.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I will try my damndest to provide one. I will probably set the game in the Southwest somewhere. Maybe Gem or the Lap or something. I mean, at least to start.

Let us say Gem for now? Southwest is definite.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I will try my damndest to provide one. I will probably set the game in the Southwest somewhere. Maybe Gem or the Lap or something. I mean, at least to start.

Let us say Gem for now? Southwest is definite.

I totally missed that, somehow. :oops:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hey, any idea ummmm wait, no.. tha'ts not the right question.

The question is this

How important to you, the ST, are our backstories? Like, if I end up writing one up tomorrow and it turns out to be like, 50 pages or so (not unheard of for me) is that a bad thing? do you want a copy? or to be linked to it if I put it online?

strange questions, but important, at least, as far as my brain works.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Backstories are good. I can read long form, but the longer you make it, the farther you push the start of the game back. I have limited time these days.

But I do like backstories I can rob things from. Characters, events, plothooks, artifacts, anything. Good backstories is good.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Backstories are good. I can read long form, but the longer you make it, the farther you push the start of the game back. I have limited time these days.

But I do like backstories I can rob things from. Characters, events, plothooks, artifacts, anything. Good backstories is good.
    Are you okay with us having been exalted for awhile, or do you want a bunch of rookies?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sorry it's taken me so long to post again, been somewhat distracted recently. Uhh... well I hope I'm not annoying anybody with my endless barrage of questions, but I've got a couple more now that my thoughts have begun to turn to a character.

First off, I'm guessing the Exalted setting is generally fairly flexible as far as characters and backstories might go, my odds of making some huge mistake with designing a character aren't terribly high so as long as I keep in mind the general style of Exalted?

Second off, I've gathered that not all Exaltings or whatever it's called when you actually become an Exalted aren't the same? Or are they? Is it something that's slow, something drawn out that you can see coming... or is it something fast, sudden, roughly akin to being smacked in the face by a pile of bricks of pure overwhelming power?

Digito on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Allright... sheet's done for the most part. Except for the whole appearnace, backstory, most of her equipment, etc.

But i'm sure you'll forgive me. It's 4 pages long as it is.
    Name: Chandra Ishra Exalt: Lunar Caste: Changing Moon
    Player: Ahava Height: 5’11 Motivation: see bottom
    Chronicle: Weight: 150 Anima: see bottom

Attributes
    Physical Social Mental
    Strength: 2 *Charisma: 4 +Perception: 3
    Dexterity: 4 *Manipulation: 3 Intelligence: 4
    Stamina: 2 *Appearance: 4 Wits: 3

Abilities
    Dawn Zenith Twilight
    Archery - Integrity 1 Craft -
    +Martial Arts 4 Performance - Investigation 1
    Melee Presence - Lore 2
    Thrown - Resistance 2 Medicine -
    War 1 +Survival 2 Occult -

Night Eclipse Specialties
    Athletics - Bureaucracy 2
    Awareness 3 Linguistics 2
    Dodge 2 Ride -
    Larceny - Sail -
    Stealth 2 Socialize 2

Backgrounds
    Allies: -
    Artifact: 2
    Backing: -
    Contacts: -
    Cult -
    Familiar: -
    Followers: -
    Hearts Blood 2
    Influence: -
    Manse: -
    Mentor: -
    Reputation -
    Resources: 1
    Solar Bond 2
    Taboo -
    Tattoo Artifact -

Physical
    Dodge DV: 4
    Parry DV: Clothes hem: 5 Fans: 5

Mental
    Dodge DV: 5

Charms

First Appearance Excellency Essence Overwhelming:
    Cost: 1 mote/die Mins: App 1, Ess 1
    Type: Reflexive (step 1 attacker, 2 defender)
    Keywords: combo OK
    Duration: Instant
    Effect: Add 1 die to dice pool per mote spent, up to the maximum of Appearance. Can also enhance unrolled uses of relevant Attribute. When enhanced this way, each success rolled increases effective relevant attribute by 2 for an instant.

Hide of the Cunning Hunter:
    Cost: 2 motes, mins App2, Ess1
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Duration: Indefinite
    Effect: Conceals any distinctive marks, including moonsilver tattoos. Supernaturals means of observing them still can. They remain hidden so long as the essence remains committed.

Glance-Oration Technique:
    Cost: 2 motes; Mins: App4, Ess3
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
    Duration: One scene
    Effect: Body language can be used to convey any complex idea with just a smile or tilt of the head. Using any Ability that is potentially hindered by speech (Performance, Presence, Socialize), reducing Speed of all social charms by 1 while in social combat for the duration of the Charm. Outside social combat, communication is instant.

Demure Carp Feint:
    Cost: 4 motes Mins: Martial Arts 2, Ess 1
    Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
    Duration: One Action
    Effect: Using a fan to wave in a distracting fashion, movements become graceful and unpredictable. While using this Charm, add Essence or +2 (whichever is greater) to DV.

Pearlescent Filligree Defense:
    Cost: 1 mote/1L/2B soak Mins: mart 3, Ess 1
    Keywords: Obvious
    Effect: Channelling essence into robes, making the clothing irridescent as shimmering golden motes of Essence waft and rise from body. Each mote spend adds 1L/2B to soak (does not count as armor, but as nat soak). Can not spend more motes than dots of Essence.

Lethal Paper Fan Attack:
    Cost: 3 motes, Mins: Mart 3, Ess 1
    Type: supplemental
    Keywords: Obvious, Combo-OK
    Duration: instant
    Effect: Paper fans can be made to be razor sharp, stats as Wind fire wheels. Sashes, long hems, and sleeves all count as 7-section staves. If actual weapons are used, Charm can increase Speed, Accuracy, Damage, or Defense by amount equal to Essence.

Knacks

Hybrid Body Rearrangement:
    Prereqs: Ess 3, Wits 3
    Player selects Essenc +4 points of mutation, cost of 1 mote each when activated. (ie: growing wings. Can be used on true form, spirit shape, or any Heart blood animal, and only costs 1 mote.)

Quick Silver Second Face:
    Ess 2, Dex 4
    By spending and extra mote, character may change shape as Speed 3, instead of Speed 5 between any 2 forms.

Essence: 3 Personal: 15 Peripheral: 36
    Willpower: 6

Virtues Limit: -
    Compassion: 3
    Conviction: 3
    Temperance: 1
    Valor: 2

Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Mother Hen: The character is overtaken with the need to tend to everybody else as though they were helpless children. Eagerly tries to feed, bathe, clothe them, or insist that they rest quietly, regardless of cost to herself. Will not listen to refusals of her aid, she treats such attempts as though they were the confused cries of a child in need. If anyone tries to harm another person within her presence, they are at first scolded, but if the action persists she will engage in non-lethal suppressive violence, but only if necessary.

Artifact: Shroud of the Clouded Moon—cloth woven with threads of moonsilver, so that it reweaves itself into any set of clothing imaginable for 1 mote. Any shift in clothing renders the new outfit clean. It is also decent protection against incoming attacks, though not as well as more traditional armors tend to be.
    Stats: Cost 2; Soak 4L/4B; Mobility 0; Fatigue 0

Urumi: Mins: Str 1, Dex 2, Mart 4
    Speed 5 Acc +1 Dam: +3L Def -2 Rate 2

Motivation: To assist in returning the Solars to their rightful ruling stations, and to maintain the Lunar’s rightful places at the Solar’s side.

Anima: A large bird-of-prey with wings spread wide, beak opened in a shriek of attack, and talons at the ready.

Tell: in her human form, Chandra has long straight, pure white hair, with a thin layer of longer black hair underneath. In her Spirit Shape, her Osprey’s tail feathers are solid black, as opposed to the mottled black and white of a normal Osprey. In all other forms, her fur/feathers/scales are either solid white with a black undertone, or solid black with a white undertone (ie panther). In some cases, like her War Horse shape, she is a pure white horse with a black tail.

Linguistics 2:
    Riverspeak
    Claw-speak
    Flametongue

Heart’s Blood Beastiary:
    War Horse
    Simhata
    Claw Strider
    Large housecat
    Falcon
    Panther
    Omen Dog
    Python
    Wolf
    Austrech

Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance are Caste Attributes
    Perception, Survival, Martial Arts are Favored

Bonus Points spent: 1 dot of Essence (10), Dex from 3 to 4 (4), Martial Arts from 3 to 4 (1)

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Final character:
    Name: Sesus Efragia
    Sobriquet: Harmonious Swan
    Caste: Solar - Eclipse
    Concept: Singing courtesan
    Motivation: Establish a sanctuary city somewhere where the children of the Unconquered Sun and Luna can live openly, in peace.
    Anima Banner: Thousands of silver and gold cicadas erupt from Efragia, encircling her in an incredibly bright, beautiful shimmering maelstrom of light.

Attributes:

Strength: 2
    Dexterity: 5
    Stamina: 2

Charisma: 5
    Manipulation: 3
    Appearance: 3 (7)

Perception: 3
    Intelligence: 2
    Wits: 2

Abilities:

(F)Martial Arts: 5
    Awareness: 3
    (F)Integrity: 4
    (F)Performance: 5
    (F)Presence: 3
    Craft - Air: 3
    (F)Investigation: 1
    (C)Bureaucracy: 0
    (C)Linguistics: 3 (High Realm, Old Realm, Flametongue)
    (C)Ride: 0
    (C)Sail: 0
    (C)Socialize: 3

Virtues:

Compassion: 2
    Conviction: 5
    Temperance: 3
    Valor: 1

Virtue Flaw: Deliberate Cruelty

Willpower: 8
    Essence: 2
    Personal Essence Pool: 14
    Peripheral Essence Pool: 33 (2 committed)

Backgrounds:

Artifact 1
    Artifact 1
    Resources 2
    Manse 4

Combat:

Dodge DV: 6
    Parry DV: 8
    Dodge MDV: 7
    Parry MDV: 5

Charms:

Second Integrity Excellency
    Second Martial Arts Excellency
    Shadow Over Water
    Seven-Shadows Evasion

Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style:

Inspiring Battle Hymn
    Terrifying Battle Shriek
    Harmony in Opposition Stance
    Haunting Heart-Rending Melody
    Voice of the Night Bird

Stone of Inhuman Beauty - This iridescent white oval adds four dots to the wearer's Appearance, raising it to a maximum of 7. In addition, the bearer cannot be made to look anything other than beautiful: nothing short of Solar Circle Sorcery can even temporarily reduce his Appearance. If dressed in rags and covered in mud, he appears handsomely disheveled; if disguised to look horribly scarred, he seems to bear noble wounds that must obviously have come from performing some grand feat of heroism. Other people always notice the bearer unless he uses stealth, Charms, or the cover of darkness to conceal himself. This is good when giving a speech... not so good for a discreet meting with an informant. (Oadenol's Codex, page 107)

Sais of Concordant Dissonance - A matched pair of harmonic sais with a single hearthstone setting in the right one. Both are made of orichalcum, but the left one is black, while the right one is white, though both have rivules of silvered jade running through them. Both emit tones when struck, or maneuvered properly by one skilled in their use: the right a beautiful bell tone, the left a dissonant chord. The two sais must be attuned at the same time, and attempting to use only one in combat, in addition to the normal penalty for harmonic weapons, causes a -1 external penalty on all rolls.
    Speed: 4 Accuracy: +2 Damage: +3L Defense: +5 Rate: 4
    Minimums: Dex 2, Mrt 2 Attune: 2 Cost: 1 Tags: D, M

Harmonic Chain Shirt - May be concealed under normal clothes.
    Soak: +7L/+5B Hardness: 3L/3B Mobility: -0 Fatigue: 0
    Cost: 1 Attune: 2
    Sesus Efragia was the one and only daughter of Sesus Varthane and Mnemon Arryl, a fire Exalt and an unexalted woman of considerable Breeding. Her mother was killed by her father, a fire dragon Exalt of considerable rank, when she was very young. He was a man regularly filled with dark depressions, and even darker rages. While he immediately regretted what he did, the action was covered up, and he was sent south into a backwater post, supposedly to guard creation against the incursions of the Wyld and the Shadowlands, but in reality, just to get him out of the way. He would beat Efraja regularly, and tell her what a disappointment she was to the house (she showed little of the martial ability that House Sesus values so much).

While they were in the backwoods, she was mostly ignored by him, for which she was happy, and allowed to educate herself in the ways of the arts. She showed considerable musical talent, though her martial skills were certainly not ignored entirely. Her father placed all of his hope for his future in the eventual Exaltation of his daughter; he thought if he could produce another Terrestrial Exalt, all would be forgiven, and he could return to the Blessed Isle. He was disappointed when, with the day of her twentieth birthday quickly approaching, she hadn't yet taken her Second Breath. Finally, the day before her twentieth birthday, long into the night, having sent his manservants home early, he burst into her room reeking of alcohol, determined to "beat the Exaltation out of you, you useless bitch!" Using his Exalted powers, Efragia was powerless to defend herself.

However, to both his and her surprise, Efrajia did, in fact, Exalt, just not quite the way either of them had expected. As the blinding light of a thousand cicadas rose around her, she sang a note which blasted him away from her. Turning towards her father, who was running for his sword, she sang a song so sad that when he finally reached the blade, he used it to disembowel himself. Fleeing into the night, the only thing that saved her was that her Exaltation was totally unexpected, and her father had sent anyone who might hear far away from the manor.

Efrajia wandered about the south for years, usually singing or dancing in order to survive, spending most of the money she made because it came so easily, and she had grown to like the finer things in life. However, she has always wandered, desperately wanting to find a place where she could really call "home." Recently, she has traveled to the city of Gem, as she heard it is a trade hub, and likely a city of opportunity for one of her skills.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've upgraded my Grimcleaver to a Grand Grimcleaver and my Lamellar armor to Reinforced Breastplate, but I've been thinking, perhaps I'd be better served by upping other Backgrounds such as Resources or Manse instead. Or, possibly, boosting Resources by 1 and using my other bonus point to boost Specialties or nudge War or Resistance up a dot.

I'm still thinking about it, but I'm tentatively keeping the Grand Grimcleaver and Reinforced Breastplate because I like the imagery.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I've upgraded my Grimcleaver to a Grand Grimcleaver and my Lamellar armor to Reinforced Breastplate, but I've been thinking, perhaps I'd be better served by upping other Backgrounds such as Resources or Manse instead. Or, possibly, boosting Resources by 1 and using my other bonus point to boost Specialties or nudge War or Resistance up a dot.

I'm still thinking about it, but I'm tentatively keeping the Grand Grimcleaver and Reinforced Breastplate because I like the imagery.
    It looks like you've only spent 27 of your ability points.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Everyone should double-check their essence pools. Don't forget to add health levels to your peripheral pool.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Allright... sheet's done for the most part. Except for the whole appearnace, backstory, most of her equipment, etc.

But i'm sure you'll forgive me. It's 4 pages long as it is.
    Name: Chandra Ishra Exalt: Lunar Caste: Changing Moon
    Player: Ahava Height: 5’11 Motivation: see bottom
    Chronicle: Weight: 150 Anima: see bottom

Attributes
    Physical Social Mental
    Strength: 2 *Charisma: 4 +Perception: 3
    Dexterity: 4 *Manipulation: 3 Intelligence: 4
    Stamina: 2 *Appearance: 4 Wits: 3

Abilities
    Dawn Zenith Twilight
    Archery - Integrity 1 Craft -
    +Martial Arts 4 Performance - Investigation 1
    Melee Presence - Lore 2
    Thrown - Resistance 2 Medicine -
    War 1 +Survival 2 Occult -

Athletics - Bureaucracy 2
    Awareness 3 Linguistics 2
    Dodge 2 Ride -
    Larceny - Sail -
    Stealth 2 Socialize 2

Backgrounds
    Artifact: 2
    Cult -
    Followers: -
    Hearts Blood 2
    Reputation -
    Resources: 1
    Solar Bond 2
    Taboo -
    Tattoo Artifact -

Physical
    Dodge DV: 4
    Parry DV: Clothes hem: 5 Fans: 5

Mental
    Dodge DV: 5

Charms

First Appearance Excellency Essence Overwhelming:
    Cost: 1 mote/die Mins: App 1, Ess 1
    Type: Reflexive (step 1 attacker, 2 defender)
    Keywords: combo OK
    Duration: Instant
    Effect: Add 1 die to dice pool per mote spent, up to the maximum of Appearance. Can also enhance unrolled uses of relevant Attribute. When enhanced this way, each success rolled increases effective relevant attribute by 2 for an instant.

Hide of the Cunning Hunter:
    Cost: 2 motes, mins App2, Ess1
    Type: Reflexive
    Duration: Indefinite
    Effect: Conceals any distinctive marks, including moonsilver tattoos. Supernaturals means of observing them still can. They remain hidden so long as the essence remains committed.

Glance-Oration Technique:
    Cost: 2 motes; Mins: App4, Ess3
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
    Effect: Body language can be used to convey any complex idea with just a smile or tilt of the head. Using any Ability that is potentially hindered by speech (Performance, Presence, Socialize), reducing Speed of all social charms by 1 while in social combat for the duration of the Charm. Outside social combat, communication is instant.

Demure Carp Feint:
    Cost: 4 motes Mins: Martial Arts 2, Ess 1
    Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
    Duration: One Action
    Effect: Using a fan to wave in a distracting fashion, movements become graceful and unpredictable. While using this Charm, add Essence or +2 (whichever is greater) to DV.

Pearlescent Filligree Defense:
    Cost: 1 mote/1L/2B soak Mins: mart 3, Ess 1
    Keywords: Obvious
    Effect: Channelling essence into robes, making the clothing irridescent as shimmering golden motes of Essence waft and rise from body. Each mote spend adds 1L/2B to soak (does not count as armor, but as nat soak). Can not spend more motes than dots of Essence.

Lethal Paper Fan Attack:
    Cost: 3 motes, Mins: Mart 3, Ess 1
    Type: supplemental
    Keywords: Obvious, Combo-OK
    Duration: instant
    Effect: Paper fans can be made to be razor sharp, stats as Wind fire wheels. Sashes, long hems, and sleeves all count as 7-section staves. If actual weapons are used, Charm can increase Speed, Accuracy, Damage, or Defense by amount equal to Essence.

Knacks

Hybrid Body Rearrangement:
    Prereqs: Ess 3, Wits 3
    Player selects Essenc +4 points of mutation, cost of 1 mote each when activated. (ie: growing wings. Can be used on true form, spirit shape, or any Heart blood animal, and only costs 1 mote.)

Quick Silver Second Face:
    Ess 2, Dex 4
    By spending and extra mote, character may change shape as Speed 3, instead of Speed 5 between any 2 forms.

Essence: 3 Personal: 15 Peripheral: 36

Compassion: 3
    Conviction: 3
    Temperance: 1

Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Mother Hen: The character is overtaken with the need to tend to everybody else as though they were helpless children. Eagerly tries to feed, bathe, clothe them, or insist that they rest quietly, regardless of cost to herself. Will not listen to refusals of her aid, she treats such attempts as though they were the confused cries of a child in need. If anyone tries to harm another person within her presence, they are at first scolded, but if the action persists she will engage in non-lethal suppressive violence, but only if necessary.

Artifact: Shroud of the Clouded Moon—cloth woven with threads of moonsilver, so that it reweaves itself into any set of clothing imaginable for 1 mote. Any shift in clothing renders the new outfit clean. It is also decent protection against incoming attacks, though not as well as more traditional armors tend to be.
    Stats: Cost 2; Soak 4L/4B; Mobility 0; Fatigue 0

Urumi: Mins: Str 1, Dex 2, Mart 4
    Speed 5 Acc +1 Dam: +3L Def -2 Rate 2

Motivation: To assist in returning the Solars to their rightful ruling stations, and to maintain the Lunar’s rightful places at the Solar’s side.

Anima: A large bird-of-prey with wings spread wide, beak opened in a shriek of attack, and talons at the ready.

Tell: in her human form, Chandra has long straight, pure white hair, with a thin layer of longer black hair underneath. In her Spirit Shape, her Osprey’s tail feathers are solid black, as opposed to the mottled black and white of a normal Osprey. In all other forms, her fur/feathers/scales are either solid white with a black undertone, or solid black with a white undertone (ie panther). In some cases, like her War Horse shape, she is a pure white horse with a black tail.

Linguistics 2:
    Riverspeak
    Claw-speak
    Flametongue

Heart’s Blood Beastiary:
    War Horse
    Simhata
    Claw Strider
    Large housecat
    Falcon
    Panther
    Omen Dog
    Python
    Wolf
    Austrech

Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance are Caste Attributes
    Perception, Survival, Martial Arts are Favored

Bonus Points spent: 1 dot of Essence (10), Dex from 3 to 4 (4), Martial Arts from 3 to 4 (1)
    Okay, a few things:

You should seriously consider taking a couple of human forms for your Heart's Blood. They come in handy, and your Lunar could easily have gotten them from criminals without killing any innocents.

Next, I think you should think about reducing your Essence in order to buy Virtues. Raising your essence later will be expensive, but you get such a huge benefit out of virtues now that you should consider it (even though Hybrid Body Rearrangement and Glance Oration Technique are made of pure win). If you drop your Essence, you'll lose 5 motes from your pools. If you spend 9 of those ten points on your highest two Virtues, you'll gain 16 points to those pools, not to mention picking up 3 points of Willpower, which is awesome. It would also leave you with a free bonus point to spend on something else. But it's your call.

I would also suggest spending your extra attribute point bumping one of your attributes to a 5. Raising Perception later is going to cost you 8 experience points and two months, whereas raising Appearance or Charisma is going to cost you 20 and four months.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Everyone should double-check their essence pools. Don't forget to add health levels to your peripheral pool.

...I don't recall reading anything about adding health levels to Peripheral Essence pools. Was there something I missed?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Only reason my Essence is what it is, is because there are 2 charms that i wanted that i needed to have the Essence that high for. And I really like/want those charms and they're good for her.

i see where you're coming from, and I appreciate the suggestions though.

Also, I'd need another knack to do the Human forms, and I don't have the room to do such. But I'll look at the attribute thing......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    ...I don't recall reading anything about adding health levels to Peripheral Essence pools. Was there something I missed?
    Yes, the part where you add your health levels to your Peripheral Essence pool. :P

Solar Personal Essence Pool = (Permanent Essence * 3) + Willpower
    Solar Peripheral Essence Pool = (Permanent Essence * 7) + Willpower + (sum of all virtues) + (health levels, 7 if you don't have a charm to increase them)

Lunar Personal Essence Pool = Permanent Essence + (Willpower * 2)
    Lunar Peripheral Essence Pool = (Permanent Essence * 4) + (Willpower * 2) + (Highest Virtue * 4) + (health levels, 7 if you don't have a charm to increase them)

Lunars get huge, huge gains out of raising their highest two virtues, especially the highest one.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Only reason my Essence is what it is, is because there are 2 charms that i wanted that i needed to have the Essence that high for. And I really like/want those charms and they're good for her.

i see where you're coming from, and I appreciate the suggestions though.

Also, I'd need another knack to do the Human forms, and I don't have the room to do such. But I'll look at the attribute thing......
    I totally understand. Hybrid Body Rearrangement is awesome, and Glance Oration Technique is one of my favorite charms in the whole game (in fact, I'm probably going to want to learn it from you at some point). Just thought you should think about it (though my math was off by a bit; you'd get 20 added to your essence pools by switching those points to virtues, not 16).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Changes look good. Will check characters, but if it's got Than's seal of approval that means I am probably only going to look at it cursorily, because I trust his judgement.

That said, six varieties of tired. Night.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    objection.gif

You do not add Health levels to peripheral essence pools. I quote from the Lunars book:
    "Record Essence (2), Willpower (the sum of the character's two highest Virtues), Personal Essence pool (Essence+[Willpower X 2]), Peripheral Essence pool ([Essence X 4]+[Willpower X 2]+[Highest Virtue X 4]) and health levels (7+any gained from charms)."

You'll note that it says AND health levels after the closing of the parentheses in which components of the peripheral pool are contained, meaning it's completing the main sentence to read as a whole, "Record Essence, Willpower, Personal Essence pool, Peripheral Essence pool, and health levels". It's telling you to record health levels, not add them to your essence pool.

But lets say you debate my LANGUAGE ARTZ SKILLZ. There's also rather explicit proof on pages 82 and 100 of the Corebook and Lunars book respectively, in which both give examples of calculating essence. In both examples, health level adding is nowhere to be found.

It's the same way for Solars. You do not add health levels.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Fiaryn is right, and that's why I was confused, Thanatos. It notes the health levels only in the section where you're doing "finishing touches", and it notes them as another step in the process, not as part of the Essence mote calculation.

Check the Essence pools of any of the sample characters in the core book as well, if you need verification.

In any case, that's why I was confused as to the mention of health levels.

Also, I'd like to mention that while not everyone's characters are necessarily optimized, it won't be too long (assuming we survive) before we all start getting a goodly amount of xp to learn new Charms with, so I'm hoping to round myself out, at the very least, with XP gained.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    That said he is totally right about Lunars getting preposterous boosts to essence pools from having high Virtues. Early on at least. You can easily beat out Essence 3 Solars for pool size with just Essence 2 yourself, as long as you've got a 5 in any Virtue.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    True, but it kind of evens out considering the Lunar lack of access to Sidereal Martial Arts and Solar Circle Sorcery.

Shapeshifting definately makes up for any lacks elsewhere, though.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Changes look good. Will check characters, but if it's got Than's seal of approval that means I am probably only going to look at it cursorily, because I trust his judgement.

That said, six varieties of tired. Night.
    Apparently you shouldn't, since I lack the necessary dots in Linguistics. :cry:

Edit: I feel like less of an idiot since, looking at the character sheet my group uses, they've definitely been adding in the health levels, and definitely told me that you do when I learned the game. It was totally their bad influence that led me wrong.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    True, but it kind of evens out considering the Lunar lack of access to Sidereal Martial Arts and Solar Circle Sorcery.

Shapeshifting definately makes up for any lacks elsewhere, though.

Well if you're counting Sidereal Martial Arts as an advantage for Solars AND Sidereals, it bears mentioning that the odds of a Solar learning Sidereal Martial Arts are slim to zero what with all of them requiring a Sifu and the fact that even the Gold Faction just want to use the Solars for their own ends.

But yeah, it does tend to even out in the end. It's a nice early advantage though.

Also, we're all judging you Thanatos. Judge judge judge.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    *L* In my experience, while the number of Solars who learn Sidereal MA should never exceed the number of fingers on a bad shop teacher's hands, the number who actually will get the opportunity is roughly equal to the number of players who have the right combination of lack of understanding of exactly what Sidereal Martial Arts means and ability to convince their ST that it'd be "SO COOL IF I COULD PUNCH PEOPLE'S SOULS OUT!"

After all, this is Exalted. *L*

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    In short: Stupid stupid people give Solars Sidereal Martial Arts and those stupid people should be beaten. For being so stupid.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Pretty much, yep.

*L* I originally hated Exalted. There was a time when I truly loathed it.

Then I realized that everyone I'd ever seen play Exalted was a raging fuckup, and I learned to love it.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tangent Warning awooga awooga

Prismatic Arrangement of Creation style. My god. No one should have this Sidereal MA. Ever. NEVER. Oh hey, you can have a doubled Join Battle, two Form-style charms activated, can use any form weapon of your other styles as the form weapon for this style and whatever other styles you have activated with it, you can set your essence to 10 for a scene...the list goes on and on.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm especially fond of the Style where with the ending charm,you become an avatar of Virtues and when the Charm ends, you explode for like 5A, 10L, and 20B.

I understand totally why Sidereal Martial Arts are as powerful as they are. I also understand that for the most part, they should be relegated to NPCs as plot points. *L* Yes, sometimes it might be appropriate to let the PCs have those powers, but really, does ANYONE want a PC to have the ability to inflict Third Circle magical illnesses on everyone for five or six miles in front of them?

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    If everyone could re-post their final character sheet so I could look over it one more time, that'd be great. If Anthrax! is going to be trusting my judgment, I'd like to be sure about it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I did check the math and you were right, I was missing a dot in my Abilities. I added it to Resistance. My two bonus points I overspent on Artifacts I reinvested to make it 3/3/1.
    Name: Seranocis “Broken Gold” Exalt: Solar Caste: Dawn
    Player: Krata Height: 6’3” Motivation: Right Creation’s wrongs
    Chronicle: Weight: 235 lbs Anima: The Unchained God

Attributes
    Physical Social Mental
    Strength: 4 Charisma: 4 Perception: 3
    Dexterity: 4 Manipulation: 2 Intelligence: 2
    Stamina: 4 Appearance: 3 Wits: 2

Abilities
    Dawn Zenith Twilight
    Archery - *Integrity 4 Craft -
    Martial Arts - Performance 3 Investigation -
    Melee 5 *Presence 4 Lore 1
    Thrown - *Resistance 3 Medicine -
    War 3 Survival 1 Occult -

*Athletics 3 Bureaucracy -
    *Awareness 3 Linguistics 1
    Dodge - Ride 1
    Larceny - Sail -
    Stealth - Socialize -

Backgrounds
    Artifact: 3/3/1
    Followers: 2
    Resources: 2

Advantages
    Charms
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    Bulwark Stance
    Elusive Dream Defense
    Heavenly Guardian Defense (Conviction flaw)
    Integrity Excellency (First)
    Melee Excellency (First)
    Mob-Dispersing Rebuke
    War Excellency (Second)
    Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana

Attacks Speed Acc Damage Rate Defense Tags
    Grand Grimcleaver 5 +3 +14L/4 3 -1 2, O, P, R

Essence: 2 Personal: 13 (13) Peripheral: 18(31)
    Willpower: 7 Committed: 13

Compassion: 1 Dodge DV 3
    Conviction: 3 Parry DV (Grimcleaver) 4
    Temperance: 2 Soak 15B/14L
    Valor: 4 Hardness: 6B/6L
    Dodge MDV: 6 Virtue Flaw: Foolhardy Contempt

Anima Banner
    Seran’s anima banner is the “Unchained God”, an image of a large, burly man, with shattered chains hanging from broken manacles at his wrists, shining with the golden light of the Unconquered Sun.

Artifacts
    Collar of the Dawn’s Cleansing (*, One mote, Seranocis is always clean)
    Orichacum Reinforced Breastplate (**, 4 Motes, armor)
    Orichalcum Grand Grimcleaver (**, 8 Motes, weapon)

Bonus Points Spent
    Artifact (3 to 3/3/1, 4 points)
    Dexterity (3 to 4, 4 points)
    Integrity (3 to 4, 1 points)
    Melee (3 to 5, 2 points)
    Presence (3 to 4, 1 point)
    Valor (3 to 4, 3 points)

Followers
    Fifteen soldiers, divided into three five-man units each with a sergeant, plus one lieutenant, one cook, two servants, one quartermaster

Linguistics
    Natural language: Riverspeak
    Flamespeak

Motivation
    Seran’s Motivation is to search out and right the most grievous wrongs in Creation, including the spawning of Shadowlands, the Usurpation, the hundreds of years of rule of the Scarlet Empress, the coming of the Abyssals, and any other obstacle to the Solars returning to their rightful power and glory.

Resources
    Primarily stocked money made from having worked small mercenary jobs in the past.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been sicker than hell the past few days, so I'm a bit behind. I'll try and get my final sheet posted tonight.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Name: Leytan
    Caste: Twilight
    Concept: Travelling scholar
    Motivation: Establish a Creation-spanning education system
    Anima Banner: Towering bestial giant, burning in golden flames

Primary: Mental
    Per: 3
    Int: 5
    Wit: 3

Secondary: Social
    Cha: 2
    Man: 4
    App: 3

Tertiary: Physical
    Str: 2
    Dex: 3
    Sta: 2

Caste Abilities
    Craft:
    Investigation: 3 (Library Research x2)
    Lore: 3
    Medicine:
    Occult: 4

Favored Abilities
    Martial Arts: 3
    Integrity: 2
    Presence: 2
    Socialize: 3

Abilities
    Awareness: 2
    Bureaucracy: 1
    Linguistics: 3 (Low Realm, High Realm, Old Realm, Riverspeak)

Background
    Artifact: 2 (Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers)
    Manse: 3

Charms
    Martial Arts: Fists of Iron Technique

Investigation: Judge's Ear Technique;
    Occult: Terrestial Circle Sorcery (Death of Obsidian Butterflies, Emerald Countermagic, The Eye and The Mouth, Peacock Shadow Eyes); Spirit-Detecting Glance

Dodge: Shadow Over Water; Seven Shadow Evasion (Conviction Flaw)

Socialize: Wise-Eyed Courtier Method

Virtues
    Compassion: 1
    Conviction: 4
    Temperance: 2
    Virtue Flaw: Conviction, Heart of Flint

Intimacies:
    Essence: 3
    Personal Essence: 15
    Peripheral Essence: 35 (4 committed)
    Health Levels: 7

Combat
    Join: 5 (Wits + Awareness)
    Dodge DV: 5 ((Dex + Dodge + Essence)/2)
    Parry DV: 4 ((Dex + Martial Arts + WepDef)/2)
    Dodge MDV: 5 ((Willpower + Integrity + spec + Essence)/2)
    Parry MDV: 3 ((Manipulation + Investigation + spec)/2)

Bonus Points: 15
    7: +1 Essence
    5: Seven Shadow Evasion
    1: +2 Favored/Caste Specialties
    1: +1 Occult
    1: +1 Dodge

Weapon: Unarmed Fighting

Artifact **: Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers - Another common survivor of the First Age (and still manufactured occasionally by the Dragon-Blooded), hearthstone bracers provide powerful defensive bonuses to the Exalt who wears them. These bracers come as a pair, one of which has a setting for a single hearthstone and the other of which is imbued with magical power. These powers work only for an Exalt of the appropriate type.Hearthstone bracers require the commitment of four motes of Essence to activate them--two motes for each braces. A bracer must be worn with its mate and will not activate unless worn as a pair. Regardless of construction, hearthstone bracers provide a three-die bonus to dodge attempts made by an attuned user. Ornately wrought in homage to the Unconquered Sun, these bracers cause the Solar Exalt who wears them to strike with the surety and power of the Unconquered Sun. All of the character's attacks have their damage increased by two dice while he is wearing the bracers.

Hearthstone ***: Gem of Sorcery - Though transparent, this many-pointed crystal has an oily golden sheen and glows with inner light. Once per day, its bearer can reduce the cost of casting a spell by 10 motes. (Oadenol's Codex, p.107)

tl;dr: Son of a well-off cheese merchant, moved to The Blessed Isle when young. Finished primary education, then went to work at a library. Got hands on occult tomes, became well-read, blackmailed coworkers to create an opening at a big DragonBlood school library. Worked there for a few years, became very well-read, stumbled on location to a hidden manse. Ex-coworkers forged evidence to incriminate Leytan. Leytan fled from guards, ran into school, cornered by guards and students. Exalted in front of them all, used moment of shock to escape, skipped town, went to hidden manse, got amulet, hearthstone, attuned. Now travels Creation, tries to advance sorcery/knowledge, wants to share the things he's learned with the world.

That should be the final version, mechanics wise. I might change the name just because I really can't think of anything better right now. I also had a longer, more elaborate version of my backstory, but it was so horribly written it went in the bin. I'm guessing you'll get the general gist.

Rhaka on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rhaka wrote: »

Caste Abilities
    Craft:
    Medicine:

Favored Abilities

Abilities

Background

Charms

Occult: Terrestial Circle Sorcery (Death of Obsidian Butterflies, Emerald Countermagic, The Eye and The Mouth, Peacock Shadow Eyes); Spirit-Detecting Glance

Virtues

Intimacies:
    Peripheral Essence: 35 (4 committed)

Combat

Artifact **: Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers - Another common survivor of the First Age (and still manufactured occasionally by the Dragon-Blooded), hearthstone bracers provide powerful defensive bonuses to the Exalt who wears them. These bracers come as a pair, one of which has a setting for a single hearthstone and the other of which is imbued with magical power. These powers work only for an Exalt of the appropriate type.Hearthstone bracers require the commitment of four motes of Essence to activate them--two motes for each braces. A bracer must be worn with its mate and will not activate unless worn as a pair. Regardless of construction, hearthstone bracers provide a three-die bonus to dodge attempts made by an attuned user. Ornately wrought in homage to the Unconquered Sun, these bracers cause the Solar Exalt who wears them to strike with the surety and power of the Unconquered Sun. All of the character's attacks have their damage increased by two dice while he is wearing the bracers.

Hearthstone ***: Gem of Sorcery - Though transparent, this many-pointed crystal has an oily golden sheen and glows with inner light. Once per day, its bearer can reduce the cost of casting a spell by 10 motes. (Oadenol's Codex, p.107)

tl;dr: Son of a well-off cheese merchant, moved to The Blessed Isle when young. Finished primary education, then went to work at a library. Got hands on occult tomes, became well-read, blackmailed coworkers to create an opening at a big DragonBlood school library. Worked there for a few years, became very well-read, stumbled on location to a hidden manse. Ex-coworkers forged evidence to incriminate Leytan. Leytan fled from guards, ran into school, cornered by guards and students. Exalted in front of them all, used moment of shock to escape, skipped town, went to hidden manse, got amulet, hearthstone, attuned. Now travels Creation, tries to advance sorcery/knowledge, wants to share the things he's learned with the world.

That should be the final version, mechanics wise. I might change the name just because I really can't think of anything better right now. I also had a longer, more elaborate version of my backstory, but it was so horribly written it went in the bin. I'm guessing you'll get the general gist.
    Your peripheral essence pool should be 36, not 35, and you're not allowed to start with a virtue higher than 3 without spending bonus points (though, I highly suggest you spend the points).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I did check the math and you were right, I was missing a dot in my Abilities. I added it to Resistance. My two bonus points I overspent on Artifacts I reinvested to make it 3/3/1.
    Name: Seranocis “Broken Gold” Exalt: Solar Caste: Dawn
    Player: Krata Height: 6’3” Motivation: Right Creation’s wrongs
    Chronicle: Weight: 235 lbs Anima: The Unchained God

Attributes
    Physical Social Mental
    Strength: 4 Charisma: 4 Perception: 3
    Dexterity: 4 Manipulation: 2 Intelligence: 2
    Stamina: 4 Appearance: 3 Wits: 2

Abilities
    Dawn Zenith Twilight
    Archery - *Integrity 4 Craft -
    Martial Arts - Performance 3 Investigation -
    Melee 5 *Presence 4 Lore 1
    Thrown - *Resistance 3 Medicine -
    War 3 Survival 1 Occult -

*Athletics 3 Bureaucracy -
    *Awareness 3 Linguistics 1
    Dodge - Ride 1
    Larceny - Sail -
    Stealth - Socialize -

Backgrounds
    Artifact: 3/3/1
    Followers: 2

Advantages
    Charms
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    Bulwark Stance
    Elusive Dream Defense
    Heavenly Guardian Defense (Conviction flaw)
    Integrity Excellency (First)
    Melee Excellency (First)
    Mob-Dispersing Rebuke
    War Excellency (Second)
    Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana

Attacks Speed Acc Damage Rate Defense Tags
    Grand Grimcleaver 5 +3 +14L/4 3 -1 2, O, P, R

Essence: 2 Personal: 13 (13) Peripheral: 18(31)
    Willpower: 7 Committed: 13

Compassion: 1 Dodge DV 3
    Conviction: 3 Parry DV (Grimcleaver) 4
    Temperance: 2 Soak 15B/14L
    Valor: 4 Hardness: 6B/6L
    Dodge MDV: 6 Virtue Flaw: Foolhardy Contempt

Anima Banner
    Seran’s anima banner is the “Unchained God”, an image of a large, burly man, with shattered chains hanging from broken manacles at his wrists, shining with the golden light of the Unconquered Sun.

Artifacts
    Collar of the Dawn’s Cleansing (*, One mote, Seranocis is always clean)
    Orichacum Reinforced Breastplate (**, 4 Motes, armor)
    Orichalcum Grand Grimcleaver (**, 8 Motes, weapon)

Bonus Points Spent
    Artifact (3 to 3/3/1, 4 points)
    Dexterity (3 to 4, 4 points)
    Integrity (3 to 4, 1 points)
    Melee (3 to 5, 2 points)
    Presence (3 to 4, 1 point)
    Valor (3 to 4, 3 points)

Followers
    Fifteen soldiers, divided into three five-man units each with a sergeant, plus one lieutenant, one cook, two servants, one quartermaster

Linguistics
    Natural language: Riverspeak
    Flamespeak

Motivation
    Seran’s Motivation is to search out and right the most grievous wrongs in Creation, including the spawning of Shadowlands, the Usurpation, the hundreds of years of rule of the Scarlet Empress, the coming of the Abyssals, and any other obstacle to the Solars returning to their rightful power and glory.

Resources
    Primarily stocked money made from having worked small mercenary jobs in the past.
    Looks good, Krata. :^:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I will do so shortly, but it's on the other computer. And I have to send it to myself.

possibly tomorrow. Although my sheet hasn't changed much. I still need to work on her backstory. But Collaboration has to happen for that.

And description.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Caste Abilities
    Craft:
    Medicine:

Favored Abilities

Abilities

Background

Charms

Virtues

Intimacies:
    Peripheral Essence: 36 (4 committed)

Combat

Your peripheral essence pool should be 36, not 35, and you're not allowed to start with a virtue higher than 3 without spending bonus points (though, I highly suggest you spend the points).

"You cannot raise a character's starting Virtue above 4 without spending bonus points." -2e core, p.75

Rhaka on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Player : Reynolds
    Name : Dang Man Wang

Motivation : Destroy the monatary system to feed and shelter all.
    Intimacies : Compassion starting; Will + Compassion max

Caste : Zenith

Physical 4
    Str : 2
    Dex : 2
    Sta : 3

Social 8
    Cha : 5
    Man : 3
    App : 3

Mental 6
    Per : 2
    Int : 4
    Wits : 3

28 - 10 Caste - 1/Favored - 5 Favored
    Dawn
    Martial Arts : 1
    F Melee : 5 (Staves 1)
    War : 1

Zenith
    Integrity : 2
    Performance : 5 (To the Poor 1)
    Presence : 3 (Religious Conversion 1)
    Resistance : 3
    Survival : 1

Twilight
    Investigation : 1
    F Lore : 1
    F Medicine : 2
    Occult : 1

Night
    Athletics : 1
    Awareness : 1
    Dodge : 1

Eclipse
    F Bureaucracy : 1 (Reassuring the Rich 1)
    Linguistics : 1
    Ride : 1
    F Socialize : 1

Backgrounds 7
    Backing : 1 (home territory government)
    Cult : 2 (hometown)
    Followers : 2 (5 servants, 5 recruiters, 10 bodyguards)
    Influence : 2 (religious leader, small position in home government)

Charms 10 - 5 Caste/Favored

Melee : First Melee Excellency - Essence Overwhelming; Hungry Tiger Technique (X); One Weapon, Two Blows (X); Dipping Swallow Defense (X)

Performance : Second Performance Excellency - Essence Triumphant; Respect Commanding Attitude; Phantom-Conjuring Performance (X)
    Resistance : Ox-Body Technique; Durability of Oak Meditation; Iron Skin Concentration;

Combo : One Weapon, Two Blows & Iron Skin Concentration - Heaven's Invincible Crowd Dispersing Cudgel

Virtues 5
    Compassion : 4
    Conviction : 2
    Temperance : 2
    Valor : 1
    Virtue Flaw : Compassion - witnesses lower class suffering
    Limit Break : Diverts full attention to immediately attempting to reverse the situation, ignoring danger or consequences and only taking the fastest path to achieve this goal. Examples...giving away or selling important items in exchange for insanely little return...ordering the full strength of his backing/cult/followers to solve a problem that is unimportant in relation to others being focused on...resorting to theivery, assault, or murder in order to provide food or shelter immediately.

Anima Flare : A giant golden hand bursting from the ground to reach upwards towards a glowing sun.

Willpower : 6
    Essence : 3
    Personal E : 15
    Peripheral E : 36
    Health : 7 (Ox - one extra -1, two extra -2)

Bonus Points 15
    7 - +1 Essence of course
    4 - 2 Melee, 2 Performance
    2 - 4 Favored/Caste Specialities
    2 - 1 Combo of 2 Charms

I think everything was fixed, except for the odd bits about Virtues. I stuck in a quick mention of the Anima Flare (that's the right term?) because I kept forgetting to note it somewhere. Sorry my guy doesn't have any really amazing charms or items. He's just got a stick, some followers, and a few phantoms.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Caste Abilities
    Craft:
    Medicine:

Favored Abilities

Abilities

Background

Charms

Virtues

Intimacies:
    Peripheral Essence: 36 (4 committed)

Combat

"You cannot raise a character's starting Virtue above 4 without spending bonus points." -2e core, p.75
    o_O

Wow, that's weird. Because on the Character Creation Summary, it definitely says "3" in my copy.

I just checked with a friend's copy (that was a later printing), and it says "4." Thank you, White Wolf.

Thanatos on