As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Thread: moar like Waithammer Online

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    eh probably be around 80 before tax.

I just hope the box is really big. I miss computer games coming with cloth maps.

Agreed. Nothing like a nice cloth map to nerd it up with.

edit: It sounds like Gamestop doesn't even have the CE preorders yet. They got the flyers, so they're giving those with the regular preorders, then will offer upgrades for those who got the flyers, as they become available. Which I would guess is the 26th.

Thanks to Reimann for the insight.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    how many games came with cloth maps? I mean even my baldur's gate collection here has a paper map. which I have hanging on the wall next to my bed.

Most of the old Ultima games and a few other RPG titles a long time ago. Unfortunately, the only cloth map that has survived is from Ultima Online.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    they just don't make single player PC rpgs like they used to.

I just uninstalled NWN2. blekch

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    eh probably be around 80 before tax.

I just hope the box is really big. I miss computer games coming with a fucking manual, not a leaflet.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    So... so is it bad I preordered 4 CEs?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »

yes

unless you have 8 hands

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I am in luck.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Does that count as breaking NDA?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No, its me going to gamestop and buying 4 regular copies, and getting 4 flyers for the CE (will be upgrading when they sell it)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why would you buy four copies of the game? Ebay?

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No, its me going to gamestop and buying 4 regular copies, and getting 4 flyers for the CE (will be upgrading when they sell it)

:^:

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »

One for me, one for a friend of mine who cant afford it, one for another friend who I'm roughly CE cost in debt to, and one for a guildmate across the atlantic so they can play with us on US servers.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am going to have to go to GS as soon as possible and see if I can get this. I will be MOST UPSET if they're already gone. If somebody gets an extra one, many paypal dollars and blowjobs will be sent for one of those cards.

<3

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »

One for me, one for a friend of mine who cant afford it, one for another friend who I'm roughly CE cost in debt to, and one for a guildmate across the atlantic so they can play with us on US servers.

Wow...you're like...better than all of my friends combined...now i feel bad

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    robothero are you my friend too? because I don't like spending money and..

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i find that bribery is one of the best ways to get people to do things for you.

"hey man i got tickets to the ball game, you wanna go?" "fuck yes" "alright, alright... hey we need to stop by my dads place first and help him move a couch"

"hey dude im moving this weekend, think you can help me out? no? oh... so you didn't like that collectors edition? I see..."

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You are a smart man, Robothero.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    You are a smart AND RICH man, Robothero.

:)

The only enticing aspect of the CE is the play before everyone else thing. I'm curious exactly how that will work.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Shoggoth wrote: »

The only enticing aspect of the CE is the play before everyone else thing. I'm curious exactly how that will work.

It's called "You are number 310 in queue" on the login screen instead of 1245.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Shoggoth wrote: »

It's called "You are number 310 in queue" on the login screen instead of 1245.

Ha, what's pathetic is I'd probably pay more just for something like that "feature".

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Diavalos wrote: »
    I'd totally buy the CE if my guild got into guild beta before we hit the 10 month anniversary of us getting the "Congratulations! Your guild has been..." e-mail.

Yep I said it.

I'm going to hell.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Quick question to one of you fine Americans out there. Would anyone of you be willing to grab me a CE? I want to play with my peers in The Six Mouths. I'll pay whomever back via paypal or whatnot. I so desire, nay, need me an American CE. Box contents are not of interest.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Quick question to one of you fine Americans out there. Would anyone of you be willing to grab me a CE? I want to play with my peers in The Six Mouths. I'll pay whomever back via paypal or whatnot. I so desire, nay, need me an American CE. Box contents are not of interest.

no.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I may try to find a few more in the next few days. If I can, I'll let you know.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I may try to find a few more in the next few days. If I can, I'll let you know.

Sweet. Many thanks. You might be my hero <3

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm waiting until the CE hits the online stores myself. The GameStop I used to work at doesn't even carry PC titles, so no point in going there.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, does anyone know what the deal with Australia is? I know the America and Europe are being separated, but whats happing to us poor Aussies? Is there some handy FAQ that tells me which version we're getting?
    This is the first MMO which I'm seriously considering getting, so I'd like to be able to play with PA people.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I don't think we've seen any confirmation yet.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    WAR isn't coming to australia. because no one likes you aussies

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZanteZante Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd like to know what the go is on the Australian versions too. Like, can we preorder now and get the beta code like a bunch of people are getting? EB people I've talked to are utterly clueless - they seemed to think WAR would cost $200 and would be coming out in December. :x

Zante on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dunno about any MMOs in Australia besides WoW, and they have the Oceanics grouped with the North Americans. For a long time they had the exact same servers, now there are recommended Oceanic ones. You can still choose either.

captaink on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As of this afternoon I've got two preorder bonus code sheets sitting in my desk drawer. Code for "open beta" (whenever the fuck that is), code for getting into the game earlier than retail people, code for a free item. One for me and one for the GF.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    As of this afternoon I've got two preorder bonus code sheets sitting in my desk drawer. Code for "open beta" (whenever the fuck that is), code for getting into the game earlier than retail people, code for a free item. One for me and one for the GF.

Yet the bastards wouldn't sell me more than one.

I'll likely be hitting further Gamestops tomorrow.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    pudge_epudge_e Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    Gamestop wouldn't let you pre-order something? I'm shocked.

Do you just put the codes in the beta center? I get 404'd when I try to go to the url on the sheet.

Edit: I just tried the codes in the beta center; they don't work there.

pudge_e on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No, it's presumably something that you'll be able to use when a generally available client download pops up. It's an actual 5x5 product key.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    on the cloth maps , almost ever Orginal eq box, up to velious came with a cloth map. Then they got cheap and started using paper.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    I dunno about any MMOs in Australia besides WoW, and they have the Oceanics grouped with the North Americans. For a long time they had the exact same servers, now there are recommended Oceanic ones. You can still choose either.

Yeah but the servers are still based in the United States so lag can be a problem sometimes, well most times actually. Especially for PvP, most of my time in PvP in WoW was "out of range" "you are too far away" "out of range". Very annoying.

Hopefully WAR will have Australian based servers at launch because playing a game from Australia that has collision detection would be very meh. Which is a shame because I really want to play this game and play it with my mates but its going to be hard to convince them to play a game that has emphasis on PvP and would be more of a headache than a hobby.

Also on the topic of cloth maps, I seem to remember Ultima Online coming with a cloth map plus some cheap UO necklace or some shit. Just don't see that effort in games these days, no maps or manuals that look like they could rival the Bible in content.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I swear I still have that UO cloth map somewhere. I was so young when UO came out that my father bought it for me, and when he asked why he payed so much for a game that I had to be online to play, I showed him the map and expected him to be impressed.

Can't remember if he was or not though.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    d'aaaaw. little baby xzean all "look papa, look papa! here's moonglow! papa look!"

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    d'aaaaw. little baby xzean all "look papa, look papa! here's moonglow! papa look!"

SLAP

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
This discussion has been closed.