edited March 2007
    Have you tried calling them at all?

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    Guys... I just have to say that I'm sorry for whatever I did or said in Vent last night.

I hardly remember going into vent, but I remember trying to get back in and couldn't connect. Then I remember thinking that I was going to die from eating too many crackers or something... that was fucked up.

It's cool dude, all you really did was tell us that your CS score was 8000 and that you totally weren't drunk.

Haha, that's awesome. I can't decide which one was a bigger lie...

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    BottleRocket!BottleRocket! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    THE VENT SERVER IS BACK UP!

Oh sweet, sweet nectar, how I've missed you...

BottleRocket! on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    the server's back up, and empty

Xieflow on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    IT LIVES!

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Paradox, I don't know if you're talking about Xieflow or the server, but I guess we can't lose either way, right?

P.S.: Hey Xie.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Xieflow, are you going to play ping-pong against PA?

Captain K on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    GYROIDS

MORE LIKE GAYROIDS

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want to play ping pong. I just played for 40 minutes and holy crap is it fun when you play against someone good.

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, ping pong is really really fun. We could totally take the PA group, too.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    Paradox, I don't know if you're talking about Xieflow or the server, but I guess we can't lose either way, right?

P.S.: Hey Xie.

Was totally talking about the server. Xieflow who?
    Welcome back! ;)

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    No really

Banning people for no reason is totally cool

Sheri on
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sheri wrote: »
    No really

Banning people for no reason is totally cool
    I totally agree. Good this there was a reason. Furthermore, this thread isn't for that question.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Some nice Vent mods you have there, K.

They have soiled our friendship garden.

THEY HAVE SOILED IT

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, pretty impressive cockmongery there.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    What happened?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seriously...what is going on in here? Who got banned? I got kicked the other night, but I'm assuming it's not me.

Or perhaps it was.

News please!

naporeon on
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Seriously...what is going on in here? Who got banned? I got kicked the other night, but I'm assuming it's not me.

Or perhaps it was.

News please!

It was just you. You were kicked because you were being a dick to me, completely unprovoked, when all I did was ask bloodyroar something.

If you have questions or concerns about being muted, kicked or banned from the server, PM a server mod (not a forum mod, aside from myself). This thread is not the place to discuss Ventrilo server punishments.

All I'm going to say is what I know: The vent ban log says that some people broke rule 6 [ "Going into a channel for the sole intent of harassing someone is harassment, a bannable offense".] and that the ban is for two days. Talk to Mordrack if you have a question about it.

Edit: My friend was banned by Mordrack for the exact same reason (going into a channel to poke fun at someone), it isn't prejudice/xenophobia against anyone, it's server rules.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My main problem here is that I PM'd Mordrack, he replied, and then ignored every PM from then forth.

That, and we weren't harassing, and there are people who were harassing who remained unbanned.

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have no idea what's going on here besides abloo-bloo-bloo.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't really know what's going on. A bunch of people have PMed me to say they got banned for no reason, and then some other people say they got banned for channel raiding. As far as I know the bans are temporary. I honestly don't care enough to deal with this because it's my birthday and I would like to enjoy it.

If everyone from SE++ decides they're never, ever coming back to the PA Forums Vent server, I won't be happy about it. But I don't think anyone is permanently banned, and I don't think anybody should be holding grudges. The Vent server mods shoot first and ask questions later because that's the key to a well-moderated Ventrilo server--you can't run it like a forum because there's no permanent evidence of anyone's behavior. People make snap decisions and if they're wrong, then so be it, we'll try to do better next time.

If you really have an issue with something a Vent server mod did, then contact me and I will look into it. Except for today, because it's my birthday and I don't feel like it. Sorry.

Captain K on
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was all pissy

But then I went an played some baseball
    And now I find out that it's K's birthday

Meh
    No harm, and happy b-day

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Eat Cake!

Then... Eat more cake!

Oh, and ice cream.

Today, everyone eats cake in honor of Captain K. (pshaw, like you need an excuse to eat cake and ice cream!)

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Eat Cake!

Then... Eat more cake!

Oh, and ice cream.

Today, everyone eats cake in honor of Captain K. (pshaw, like you need an excuse to eat cake and ice cream!)

It's my birthday too! NOTICE ME NOTICE ME NOTICE ME!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Eat Cake!

Then... Eat more cake!

Oh, and ice cream.

It's my birthday too! NOTICE ME NOTICE ME NOTICE ME!

I bet less than five people from PA can say when my birthday is.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I know VisibleDucts birthday but only because it's the same as mine. Haven't seen him in a while though.

Happy birthday all you birthdayers. May it be filled with cake and booze.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    My take on the issue is that the G&T server isn't being paid for by Mike and Jerry so you guys really can mod it however you want. I don't have to like it but I recognize you can do what you want there. I personally hope the other server stays for the simple reason that I feel more welcome there. No blaming, no pointing fingers, just the simple fact that I prefer it there.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Not to start another mud-slinging round (an introduction that obviously will), but you guys are definitely welcome on the regular vent server. I personally am just asking that you abide by all of the rules and accept any type of punishment if they're broken. You're more than welcome to argue your case, as Mordrack, Maikero, and myself are all pretty reasonable people. I think the issue he had was that you guys were coming at him a little too strong so to speak in your arguments. Anyway, none of you are banned anymore, as it was a temporary ban, and I think it would be cool if you gave the server another shot.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It should be noted that Mordrack is a Vent mod mostly because he is a hardass and we needed a pheezer/CT type around to really hold people accountable to the letter and the spirit of the rules.

EDIT: Anyway, I gave this issue some more thought today (against my will) and I'm realizing that it's no surprise people are butting heads. There's been an influx of SE++ regulars in the last month or two, to a server that has really only been populated by G&T users for the last two full years. (we just had our two year anniversary this month, in fact) So it doesn't shock me at all that people are getting into scrapes. The server mod team is composed of server regulars, so it just follows that they're all G&T folks, and unfamiliar with/to folks who stick to SE++.

This Vent server is supposed to be for all PA forumers, but cliquishness abounds on all sides and it's tough to overcome. I look at incidents like these as just part of our continual growing pains. I hope you guys will too, rather than looking at them like reasons to never get on the server again.

Everyone involved is a cool person. Heads butted and apologies can be made. Maybe we can try that route.

Captain K on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh come now. Don't compare Mordrak to CT/Pheezer. That's just mean.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm not on the server very much anymore, but I have noticed a division between the G&T guys and the SE++/AC people. I know they use separate chat channels, and I remember quite vividly being questioned on just who the hell I am, which is unheard of considering I practically live on there when I'm not doing schoolwork (hell, I even tried living on there while doing schoolwork). As someone who was born in SE++ and became a naturalized citizen of G&T, I think it's sad that the two groups blah blah fuck it no one's reading this shit anymore cocks dicks lol can't get along. We're all PAers, after all.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    ChanChan Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    my FIRST POST

Chan on
    I am he who does not give a crap....

SO WHY AM I TALKING TO YOU:evil:
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    archonwarp wrote: »
    Not to start another mud-slinging round (an introduction that obviously will), but you guys are definitely welcome on the regular vent server. I personally am just asking that you abide by all of the rules and accept any type of punishment if they're broken. You're more than welcome to argue your case, as Mordrack, Maikero, and myself are all pretty reasonable people. I think the issue he had was that you guys were coming at him a little too strong so to speak in your arguments. Anyway, none of you are banned anymore, as it was a temporary ban, and I think it would be cool if you gave the server another shot.

I'm also a vent mod! And I force myself to hop on vent every once in a while so I can continue to hold my power. In fact, talking to the guys in Vent on Wednesday convinced me to pick up STALKER thursday night... which is why I haven't been around even though I'm actually turning on my computer again, I've been playing the hell out of that game.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    why is pheezer so fucking useless and stupid all the time

Urian on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Urian wrote: »

Why are you so in love with bagels and sacks of gold around your neck all the time

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    volluspavolluspa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Urian wrote: »

why are you a jewwwww

also, hugs and kisses from the eastern front. Silly amerikkkans.

volluspa on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    C&C Scrim tonight, hopefully.

Meiz on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    there's something going on in vent? I'm so not there

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    These servers are nice. Thanks PA.

X3x3non on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Don't mention it. Support for Penny Arcade Ventrilo Server is (PAVS) is made possible by contributions from users like you!

Sorry about the brief ban; I didn't know you were a legitimate forumer, and I have a natural distrust of people with random capitals/numbers in their name.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
This discussion has been closed.