Options

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    If anyone can send me 2 paint leathers you will be saving my sanity.

Have you tried killing Skeletons? They drop them like crazy, I got all five of mine while doing the level 9 skill up quest against those Mutiny Skeletons or whatever.

Edit: Although I'll just get online and hand you a couple, I can always get more.

I appreciate it

Mailed you a couple, said they'd get there in an hour D: Such an inefficient postal service.

I got nothing for Nether meat.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    I was trying to remember what I got the Paint Leather off, thanks for suggesting Skeletons.

Any suggestions for getting Nether Meat.

I remember I picked up random nether meat off a drop in Lake Feather (or wherever that first lake is called near the Wing Elf starting city) from an underwater mob. However, it was definitely off of one of those level 30-34 piraanahs or other underwater baddies as I scooped it from a bunch of high levels that were killing them as they left that loot behind.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    the hexen longbowmen outside of Antiquity drop lots of nethermeat

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    the hexen longbowmen outside of Antiquity drop lots of nethermeat

I was about to start going after them with my WB. Thanks.

Seg on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Eldergoth Detectors also drop Nethermeat.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I went wandering again, here's a tip, when you find giant, evil, glowing doors, don't touch them.
    20080217013614jr2.jpg
    Doesn't actually kill you for touching them, but damn it looks like they should.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    big elites outside?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So hey, there's a lot of useful options under the chat tab in system settings. Also one to make the font not bold. Readability+10!

Aldo on
  • Options
    MongbatMongbat regular
    edited February 2008
    Interesting game so far - I hate the "click on a spot and you'll run to it" movement though. This wouldn't be so bad if I could use the friggin' arrow buttons instead of the WASD keys for movement.

But a game that lets me make a young Jennifer Connelly clone can't be all that bad.

Mongbat on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Mongbat wrote: »
    Interesting game so far - I hate the "click on a spot and you'll run to it" movement though. This wouldn't be so bad if I could use the friggin' arrow buttons instead of the WASD keys for movement.

But a game that lets me make a young Jennifer Connelly clone can't be all that bad.
    Wow, so for you it's arrows>clickclickclick>wasd?

Poor fellow

Aldo on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I started playing. My first character is a WereBeast Panda named Pandarrr

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ok whenever some guildies are around who can invite, I think I've finally settled on at least one char I enjoy playing. I sidelined the foxgirl and went instead with an Elven Priest... pretty fun, and that's saying a lot for someone who hates playing healers. :D

Character name is Pirouette, whenever someone's around.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    MongbatMongbat regular
    edited February 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Mongbat wrote: »

Wow, so for you it's arrows>clickclickclick>wasd?

Poor fellow

Yep, I'm left-handed so it works out better for me.

Also, anyone else having problems with the game locking up in the character customization section? Normal gameplay is fine, but when I make characters I get technicolor diarrhea at random intervals. Might be my old and busted Radeon 9800.

Mongbat on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I tried the three names in the OP, no luck on any of them being online.

Turvez and Zavber are my character names currently.

edit: dang it, I decided to kill some krait vipers for some quests, and saw a LongWang captain, was about to make a comment but then they died and I didn't remember the name.

And I am in, thanks McKenzie

Seg on
  • Options
    NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like using the arrow keys as well as I generally like to switch back and forth between them and WASD.

Nida on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    For anyone who hasn't tried it yet, I really recommend using combo macros. I was getting kinda frustrated with the delay in attacks as I repeatedly banged my hotkeys to go through the same attack sequence again and again... a macro makes this so painless.

Just go into your skills window. At the bottom, you'll see a 'combo' section, which lets you open up a separate window where you can drag the skills in you want from the main window to create a combo. The only real snag in the system I've found is having the macro attempt the same skill twice in a row... sometimes that will cause the macro to bail out for some reason.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    edit: dang it, I decided to kill some krait vipers for some quests, and saw a LongWang captain, was about to make a comment but then they died and I didn't remember the name.

And died, and died, and died some more.

:)

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    woah, i just starting playing this a few days ago. I finally got the hang of the game as well so I'm game for a guild

My WR's names is Mirth

EDIT: ok my guys were on the wrong server so I'm going to remale on delphi, still trying to decide on what to make

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
  • Options
    sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ok made my guy, Llowalyn (yes, i am a huge Magic: the gathering nerd) a human mage, none of the contacts are on now so i'll just lvl untill then (J`o`)J

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For anyone who hasn't tried it yet, I really recommend using combo macros. I was getting kinda frustrated with the delay in attacks as I repeatedly banged my hotkeys to go through the same attack sequence again and again... a macro makes this so painless.

Just go into your skills window. At the bottom, you'll see a 'combo' section, which lets you open up a separate window where you can drag the skills in you want from the main window to create a combo. The only real snag in the system I've found is having the macro attempt the same skill twice in a row... sometimes that will cause the macro to bail out for some reason.

I love you for this.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    White text over a persons head vs blue text, is that the difference between a paid account and an unpaid one?

Also that symbol in front of the guildname, what does it signify?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    White text over a persons head vs blue text, is that the difference between a paid account and an unpaid one?

I've noticed that sometimes quest text is blue also... is that related?
    I love you for this.

You may pay homage in goldz plz lol

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Those signs are standard. You can make a custom sign once you've paid a whopping 2 mill. for it.

I have no idea about the colour of names, I suspect it has something to do with PKing as I have also seen red and orange names.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Those signs are standard. You can make a custom sign once you've paid a whopping 2 mill. for it.

I have no idea about the colour of names, I suspect it has something to do with PKing as I have also seen red and orange names.

I think the color has something to do with how far your level is from the person, quest, or monster you are looking at.

White is about even, green and grey are lower than you (there might be other colors) and blue up to red are higher than you.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Ok, I decided to go through a noob faq over in the PW forums, my geuss is that White = PKable, Red = PKer who is waiting to go back to White. And I am geussing that blue means we are safe from being PKed.

Seg on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    2008-02-1822-11-33.jpg

Thought I would put a ss of my Char here as well seen as everyone else plays when I'm at work or sleeping!

Highlights today include taking a quest called "fabulosity strength" and finding a mob called "Gnome of Moist"

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    And trading stuff to your benevolent guild leader. :^:

Aldo on
  • Options
    dscrilladscrilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ill give it a go,

I figured run with the hard-furry vibe and started a foxgirl named YiffSwish.

dscrilla on
  • Options
    dscrilladscrilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Edit: Many thanks argh! I alt-tab ed!!!

step 1: set to windowed

dscrilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    No worries, I'll hop back on real quick and resend then.

Nida on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Ok, for people who have been playing longer.

What is the limit on number of players allowed in a group? Asheron's Call it was 9 people if I remember right, and WoW was really limited by only allowing 5 in a normal group. I forget how many members are allowed in CoX teams.

Reason I ask, is I am wondering when a good day would be to try to get together a LongWang dungeon hopping crew. Apparently higher levels still get really good exp/sp by helping lower levels in those dungeons so we aren't really limited by upper levels on people.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Ok, for people who have been playing longer.

What is the limit on number of players allowed in a group? Asheron's Call it was 9 people if I remember right, and WoW was really limited by only allowing 5 in a normal group. I forget how many members are allowed in CoX teams.

Reason I ask, is I am wondering when a good day would be to try to get together a LongWang dungeon hopping crew. Apparently higher levels still get really good exp/sp by helping lower levels in those dungeons so we aren't really limited by upper levels on people.

If this is the case i vote McKenzie runs us all through the first instance. repeatedly.

• Options
    edited February 2008
    I have 10 more levels to go before I have a chance at running people through the first instance decently (so give me a couple more days) XD

Also, I think higher levels only get the EXP if someone in the party has the required tablet for the instance. When I went through FB 19, I had three lower level fourties and two mid-level 70's in my party. We all got 12k EXP from it. Second time I went through with Gela, I think there was a mid-level 40 and two level 60-70+ and we all received 16k EXP. Both times we had the Blood tablet for the quest to kill the Boss.

The pillar to start the tablet quest was both at the beginning of the instance and right before the boss. Makes me wonder if we could take a whole group through and go one by one through everyone's tablets once were reached the end lol. Though I doubt the boss respawns without unless the instance is restarted and I would be too worried to try incase it used everyone's tablets at once instead @w@;

Oh, I'm guessing the max for a party is six members.

Nida on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am downloading the client now, anything I should know making a character?

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I am downloading the client now, anything I should know making a character?

Nah, just pick Delphi as your server and read through the class descriptions in the OP to give you an idea of choices.

Seg on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Delphi, got it. Making a character now.
    how long does it take for them to send you an activation email when you make your account?

Nevermind, did it all over again. Apparently yahoo mail doesn't even put messages from them in spam, so I used another account and it worked.

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If this is the case i vote McKenzie runs us all through the first instance. repeatedly.

What level is the first instance? Is it that 18-19 one?

:(

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    yeah :-/

How do you get the tablets anyways?

• Options
    edited February 2008
    yeah :-/

How do you get the tablets anyways?
    Quest.

I have one for Cave of Fire, how long do these dungeons take anyway? I'm pretty limited in gaming-time. :oops:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So it seems that Elves are pretty popular in this game, owing to the fact that they start off with flight. It's slow, but allows you to cruise over mobs and steep territory. Plus, you know... it's flying. I think at one point on Saturday, there were several of us guildies on, and every damn one of us was an elf... most were priests (who can fly forever, whereas archers have limited flight).

After getting my elf chick up to about level 12 (I think), I've started a human warrior just to try something different since I tend to enjoy more up-close characters in most games, and the Beastman is just a big turn-off since there is almost no customization. I've gotten him to level 9 so far, and it's quite a bit of fun. In particular I love the dual-wielding animations; WoW could take a lesson from a game like this and add more combat animations, which really helps spice up the grind for me. I'm hoping the attacks (or at least the specials) will become more insane as I level.

Overall I think this game could really take me away from Warcraft entirely if the devs would tighten up the controls and make things happen more instantaneously... it really stifles the action when my warrior charges up to something, then stands there for 3 seconds waiting for his first attack to process.

...and yes, this is a rambling post. I'm stuck at work and can't play. :(

Toxic Pickle on