Options

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I sure wish my archer had some other way to defend himself other then his bow. Also, those ears just have to go.

I've been reading an archer guide and apparently they get melee wing attacks at higher levels.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    I've spent several hours killing all manners of damn turtles trying to find some green grass, and the only one I found came from someone else's kill...
    The best Green Grass drop I've come across so far are the Megalithic[sp] LeechDrakes out the Westside exit of Ancient Dragon city. After almost two hours of farming I only got five, so I gave up
    early and just bought the rest. Scored them at 2.8k so I didn't feel so bad. Not looking forward to getting 50 wild Fruit for the next. Though I've seen additional Cages for sale in some users' shops.

Nida on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, I have to ask: Is there an invert mouse look button/option? Having mouse forward = look up makes me physically ill.

It's under System Settings (?) if you click on the far right hand button on the bottom of your screen, then the button that looks like a computer monitor. It's under the "Chat" tab (why, I have no idea), under Mouse Scroll. Check that box.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Has anyone devised an Autorun yet?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Downloaded, now to experience the character creation system.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm on. Zen'Nee

Anyone on?

WHERE IS AUTO LOOT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Neat options, I'm on as Aerylan right now if someone wants to toss me an invite to the guild.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Installing game now, I can't turn down flying healers, even if they are fragile as all get out.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    Has anyone devised an Autorun yet?

If you click the horizon, as in, the sun, you will run forever. As an added bonus, you can just get up somewhere high and click, say, that cliff or tree way the fuck over near where you want to go, then go do something else.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    if any of you late nighters need an invite whisper :Tantrum:

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Now I'm tempted to play a healer. Maybe because I got pissed off at my warrior yesterday. I'm just too dependent on my specials. Not to mention those damned Werefoxes, darned furries with their pets and their dps. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anyone online to give me a guild invite? AddaElf (imaginative ey?)

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tossed you an invite

Aldo on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Must have missed it >.<

ah well will play for a bit if you put another one over. Guessing it should bring up a window prompt?

EDIT: Sorted. obviously my attempts at using the Pm system failed horribly, guessing it needs the upper case as well to recognise names

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    big bright exclamation mark. :3

Aldo on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is it possible to resize the chat window(s)? At my resolution and font sizes you can hardly fit any text in there.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    While we're at it; has anyone thought of a way to change the fonts, it's kind of ugly to have those TNR letters above mobs and (what appears to be) Arial Narrow in the chat window. I'd rather have Verdana or normal Arial or something.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Whoo, this isn't half bad, the engrish is moderately terrible, but what can you do?

Started up an Elf healer named Alloria, could I get an invite?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd like to join the PA guild. I don't post all that often but I know there's fun to be had with PAers in any game.

My character name in game is Mench.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'll drop online now (again) to invite you.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well I can't believe I've been suckered again, but after reading this thread I decided to give this a whirl. :P

Downloaded and installed.. but these fuckers won't send me the confirmation e-mail.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Is it possible to resize the chat window(s)? At my resolution and font sizes you can hardly fit any text in there.

Yeah, there should be a small button you can click that will toggle sizes

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The interface makes me hemorrhage.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So fourteen pages, is this pretty good then?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It was too clunky for me to play. Attack appears only on the very very center of the monster, so it's annoying to click-attack them. No tab targeting. No autoloot. Things like that.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I've been playing it for over a week and I'm not bored yet. I've played over a dozen of free MMOs (American, European and Asian) and this really is the best thing out there.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It comes down to what you enjoy.

I am enjoying it because it is a whole different experience from WoW. I don't see myself spending any money on it, but I have been playing it for a few hours a day for a few days now.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Ok so I got my activation e-mail, logged in and created a foxgirl. It made me feel a little dirty, but I like pet classes.

So I ran around trying to figure out what the hell was going on... the interface is definately clunky, and the game just doesn't feel responsive. Movement is annoying as hell, and I couldn't figure out how to change it... if there's even a way. It was kindof interesting and I managed to gain a couple levels and then I was sent on into town.

I managed to complete the quest to get a pet, but now I can't figure out how to feed the damn thing. I don't know what happens when it goes hungry, but it seems like this would be a bad thing.

Overall, I'm off mixed opinion. It is definately different from WoW, but I don't know if it's different in the right way. The Engrish is kinda tough to deal with... not so much in the quest text, but when I'm trying to understand how game mechanics work it drives me crazy. There might be fun in here somewhere... perhaps after I check out some of the forums and such.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dirty in a good way right?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Regarding movement, you can change it so that a/d turn rather than strafe, which helps a bunch, and you can change the scrollwheel to zoom as normal rather than inverted like it starts, that should help a bunch. The options to do that are in the settings, under the chat tab for some reason, I'll grab a screencap in a second.
    20080216151328ew3.th.jpg

Regarding looting, I haven't found an auto loot yet, but the "Pick Up" button that starts on your action bar grabs the nearest goodie everytime you click it. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    So, I have to ask: Is there an invert mouse look button/option? Having mouse forward = look up makes me physically ill.

It's under System Settings (?) if you click on the far right hand button on the bottom of your screen, then the button that looks like a computer monitor. It's under the "Chat" tab (why, I have no idea), under Mouse Scroll. Check that box.

</3 I'll resume getting addicted to this tonight.

Edit: <3revoked! That just changes the zoom. I meant the mouse look (when holding down the right mouse button).

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the tips on movement and such, but umm...

Where do I get pet food, and how do I use it?
    Seg wrote: »
    Dirty in a good way right?

I ADMIT NOTHING.
    :winky:

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    After you get your first pet, you should be able to get another quest from the pet master. The quest consists of...well, the pet master giving you 100 units of pet food.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well, I got lost and did some sightseeing today, among my travels I found:
    20080216182030yy7.th.jpg
    Wang Rock

20080216181124ag0.th.jpg
    Giant Glowy Fountain

20080216180956xx0.th.jpg
    Well of course I wanted to find out what happened when you fly into the glowing ball of energy. Nothing exciting unfortunately.

Ancient Dragon City is damn impressive, but it's all in such a large scale that it's hard to get decent screenshots.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Do you have the coordinates for 'Wang rock'? =D

Nida on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'll see if I can't find it again and copy down the coords.

On an unrelated note, is it too much to ask for a decent pair of pants? Or at least a skirt that doesn't think that upper thigh is a reasonable place to stop?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    If anyone can send me 2 paint leathers you will be saving my sanity.

• Options
    edited February 2008

Have you tried killing Skeletons? They drop them like crazy, I got all five of mine while doing the level 9 skill up quest against those Mutiny Skeletons or whatever.

Edit: Although I'll just get online and hand you a couple, I can always get more.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Have you tried killing Skeletons? They drop them like crazy, I got all five of mine while doing the level 9 skill up quest against those Mutiny Skeletons or whatever.

Edit: Although I'll just get online and hand you a couple, I can always get more.

I appreciate it

• Options
    edited February 2008
    I was trying to remember what I got the Paint Leather off, thanks for suggesting Skeletons.

Any suggestions for getting Nether Meat.

Seg on