As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Promotional Fliers

That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guyRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in PAX Archive
How would I go about getting one or some for PAX '08? I wanted to post them around the office here.

That_Guy on

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Not a bad idea, I wouldn't mind doing the same thing, maybe even some online "banners," or something too.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think that a number of requests were made last year for a printable flyer, but nothing was ever produced. Judging by the prospective attendance and actual turnout, I guess the powers-that-be didn't see a need.

Universities and game/comic/hobby shops would be a great place to advertise for PAX.

b0wser on
  • Options
    kaldoniskaldonis Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If the powers that be don't have the time or desire to go about making a flyer, are there any issues with members of the community making their own and putting them up? Not sure what sort of issues there would be with regards to use of PAX images/logos etc... Maybe they would be open to the idea of some kind of flyer competition instead where people can submit their designs to be voted on?

kaldonis on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I remember seeing fliers for previous PAX events, so I assume there will be some for this year as well, I just need to get my hands on some.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I remember seeing fliers for previous PAX events, so I assume there will be some for this year as well, I just need to get my hands on some.

I've never seen anything outside of the pre-reg mailer, the street light banners, and the show itself... where did these fliers come from and when?

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »

I've never seen anything outside of the pre-reg mailer, the street light banners, and the show itself... where did these fliers come from and when?

No idea, I saw one at work a couple of years ago, which was what really prompted me to go.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Pink Godzilla had some last year. Maybe ask them where they got 'em. Or PM/wait for Khoo.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    kaldonis wrote: »
    If the powers that be don't have the time or desire to go about making a flyer, are there any issues with members of the community making their own and putting them up? Not sure what sort of issues there would be with regards to use of PAX images/logos etc... Maybe they would be open to the idea of some kind of flyer competition instead where people can submit their designs to be voted on?
    I doubt there would be any problem with using the PAX logo on promo fliers. As long as you're not selling them or anything wierd like that, I'm sure they'd love the free publicity.

sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like the idea of using 8.5x11 because you can have a fullpage format, or you can also shrink that down and get four on a page. As long as it can catch the eye, and then have future reference for those people interested, a flier would be a great idea.

b0wser on
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I might be wrong with this, but I think the idea behind no flyers/posters/ads outside of the PA website was because Mike and Jerry enjoy the community feeling at PAX, and the fact it grows not through marketing but through friends talking it up, personal communication, that sort of thing. Ads are...impersonal? Unless the ad directed people to previous PAX attenders for more info...

RowdyTheDog on
This discussion has been closed.