As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Other Car is a TARDIS - Doctor Who Thread

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DMAC wrote: »
    Do we know if there are any more actual Moffat episodes coming up in the season?
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Only the two-part finale.

but since he's the executive producer, his grubby little fingers will be all over every episode

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The youtube vid was removed, what scene are we talking about?
    The only time she was alone in the second part was when she was in the forest with the soldiers. and only then the doctor spoke to her via radio, not in person. what am i forgetting?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only time she was alone in the second part was when she was in the forest with the soldiers. and only then the doctor spoke to her via radio, not in person. what am i forgetting?

Watch closely
    He's gone for a few seconds, and when he comes back and takes her hand and tells her that it's never been more important that she trust him

That's when he's wearing the different clothes

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Its right when he leaves her, hes talking to her right next to her, then leaves. Then he comes back and tells her to remember what he told her when she was seven. its a short bit, but his jacket is different suggesting a different doctor

Lardalish on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

we're talking about
    right before that, when he comforts her before leaving, then comes back and tells her to trust him

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What did he tell her when she was seven

edit: though apparently that's not the point!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I love how he was just about to break down and cry during that scene.

Fucking amazing.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll have to rewatch the scene later. It seems unlikely that the other two and the soldiers wouldn't notice a second doctor come in. Hm.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll have to rewatch the scene later. It seems unlikely that the other two and the soldiers wouldn't notice a second doctor come in. Hm.

i think they were focusing on the evil creatures that would kill them the instant they stopped looking at them

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

i think they were focusing on the evil creatures that would kill them the instant they stopped looking at them

shush

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    okay yeah that was done on purpose.
    A lot of long shots of Doc with sleeves down and cuffs. Then a lot of close shots but the real giveaway was the rolled up sleeves almost moments after he had left. I didn't watch long enough for a different jacket or anything, though I guess.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Anyone rewatch ep 1 to see what he told her that might be what he's getting at?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I still can't see a difference in the jackets but like I've said my color vision is fucked

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

shush

Also:
    They technically no longer exist to a future Doctor. They had already gone through the crack in his past, thus rendering them never to have existed. Therefore, they wouldn't see him because they wouldn't exist; though he could most likely see them because, as he told Amy at the end of the episode, time traveling lets you remember things...

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dear Brain,

You're broken enough from school as is, do not give precious clock cycles to Doctor Who.

Regards,
    Callius

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Callius wrote: »

shush

Also:
    They technically no longer exist to a future Doctor. They had already gone through the crack in his past, thus rendering them never to have existed. Therefore, they wouldn't see him because they wouldn't exist; though he could most likely see them because, as he told Amy at the end of the episode, time traveling lets you remember things...
    Well they were clearly there
    They were right there!

"They wouldn't see him because they wouldn't exist" doesn't make much sense because they're there, existing, watching the Angels

Who... also wouldn't exist
    But are still enough of a threat for the non-existent soldiers to keep non-watching them

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah ultimately Sars' explanation for the soldiers' cluelessness is probably more accurate. And it doesn't worry about space-time discombobulation so it's a lot easier haha.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »

shush

Also:
    Well they were clearly there
    They were right there!

"They wouldn't see him because they wouldn't exist" doesn't make much sense because they're there, existing, watching the Angels

Who... also wouldn't exist
    But are still enough of a threat for the non-existent soldiers to keep non-watching them
    Yes, they are there... within their own reality continuum, just as the Angels. However, the reality that the Doctor exists in post this episode will have never had them existing; expect for his ability to remember them having existed. Which isn't to say that they did exist at all.

I fucking love this season...

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i was a little dismayed by the whole "you're a time traveler now, you see things differently" explanation regarding the soldiers. it seems a little rushed.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i was a little dismayed by the whole "you're a time traveler now, you see things differently" explanation regarding the soldiers. it seems a little rushed.

well lets just say its like the transdimensional goop from the Cybamen stuff, except this is Time Good and it makes you see things differently because its from the heart of time.

There solved.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I still can't see a difference in the jackets but like I've said my color vision is fucked
    His jacket had just been taken by the angels. He wasn't wearing a jacket at all at that point.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Anyone rewatch ep 1 to see what he told her that might be what he's getting at?

I have and nothing jumps out at me but I swear to goodness at the bit where she has him trapped in the car and he asks her to trust him for 20 minutes
    this glow appears on the screen, almost like a lensflair, that looks exactly like the white light that shines from the crack in the universe. I'd dismiss it as funny lighting except it's EXACTLY the same, starts at that moment, shines for several seconds and then just goes.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whoa

tumblr_l1txyabjve1qzh6buo1_500.png

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    my fucking DVR didn't record it, I'm guessing BBC doesn't have a hulu type deal, do they?

last week's, however, really liked it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    my fucking DVR didn't record it, I'm guessing BBC doesn't have a hulu type deal, do they?
    BAM

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Only for the UK Cyv, fairly sure Mysst lives in the US

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    BAM

I guess fucking bbc fucking me in america is fair for hulu fucking canadians or something I dunno

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, maybe if you put your location in your location field rather than something about a monkey, then I'd have known. :?

Also, if I was around SE more often. :D

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    nah it's cool man, you gave me what I asked for.

we just need to run more cables through whale shit and connect the world, man

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Listen Mysst that episode with the star whale man

You can't just say shit about whale shit no more

Especially if it involves cables

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh, God, I just had such an evil, terrible, awful idea.

Starship Japan.

Starship Japan harpooning Starship UK.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Listen Mysst that episode with the star whale man

You can't just say shit about whale shit no more

Especially if it involves cables

D:
    No one human has ANYTHING TO SAY TO ME TODAY!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Then starship Japan fucks all of the starship UK's tentacles.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Next up, Starship Yaoi.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    No wonder Scotland left if that's whats happening to Starship UK.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Starship USA's population just drew straws instead of a star whale

Oh ho ho ho

Gatsby on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ahaha

Oh damn :P

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Starship Australia, naturally, rides on the back of a Star Kangaroo.

"What's wrong with this scene?"
    "Dropbears."

Cyvros on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Next up, Starship Yaoi.

"Captain Jack?! What are you doing here?"

"NO DOCTOR, THE QUESTION IS: WHO AM I NOT DOING HERE?" 8-)

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Captain Jack, breathing new life into erotic asphyxiation.

I can only imagine. And really, really try not to.

Cyvros on
This discussion has been closed.