As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New an interesting games to invent in line this year.

MoonrushMoonrush Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
The line last year was pretty cool. Mabye we can play some sort of game where we can get a line bump to the front if we win? Hope to see you all ther fellow paxers, and omeganauts...

Anybody else got an idea for a line game?

Moonrush on

• Options
    SirSchweinSirSchwein Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hackey-sack?

SirSchwein on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think whoever is willing enough to camp out at least overnight in downtown Seattle to be at the front of the line deserves to keep that spot.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    firewallenderfirewallender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How about "telephone"? hehe.

firewallender on
    Firewallender.com | @firewallender on Twitter

I SURVIVED THE PAX 2009 CON-SARS BREAKOUT!
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2008
    We're all about "stuff-to-do-in-lines," and although we're cooking on some stuff over here, we'd love to hear what you guys are thinking of as well. Last year we just dumped a huge box of pipecleaners to see what would happen... i wish i had pics of some of the stuff that you guys came up with - it was sweet.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As I recall, each year always has some kind of unofficial wang-drawing competition on the DS' Pictochat. At least, I assumed that's why all those young men were drawing them...

RowdyTheDog on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As I recall, each year always has some kind of unofficial wang-drawing competition on the DS' Pictochat. At least, I assumed that's why all those young men were drawing them...

Are you absolutely sure it was young men? :p

I vote Telephone! Or even the cup game that you used to do at summer camp...just to see the reactions of people on the street to thousands of rhythmic cup beats

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We're all about "stuff-to-do-in-lines," and although we're cooking on some stuff over here, we'd love to hear what you guys are thinking of as well. Last year we just dumped a huge box of pipecleaners to see what would happen... i wish i had pics of some of the stuff that you guys came up with - it was sweet.

Especially the painstakingly crafted hanged cat inspired by Gabe's story.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

actually, iirc, in 06, it was an OFFICIAL wang drawing tourney.
    and, i too, vote telephone. hilarity will ensue.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How about "telephone"? hehe.

Do I even want to know what THAT is?

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Telephone is just a game where a message gets passed down the line, and in the process stuff gets added, changed, omitted, which results in hilarity.

Example, in a very early episode of The Simpsons, the teacher went on strike. To make sure it kept going, Bart showed up while they were rallying outside of the school and said "Skinner says that the teachers will crack at any minute". By the time it got to the front, Mrs. Krabbapel head "Skinner says the teachers will crack at any moment purple monkey dishwasher".

Of course, I could be wrong in thinking that's what Telephone is.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Telephone is just a game where a message gets passed down the line, and in the process stuff gets added, changed, omitted, which results in hilarity.

Example, in a very early episode of The Simpsons, the teacher went on strike. To make sure it kept going, Bart showed up while they were rallying outside of the school and said "Skinner says that the teachers will crack at any minute". By the time it got to the front, Mrs. Krabbapel head "Skinner says the teachers will crack at any moment purple monkey dishwasher".

exactly. great reference, too. it's especially fun when you've got people with accents or speech impediments, though! :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    whypick1 wrote:

but typically...you don't force new stuff into the item

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY LIFE.
    My friends yelled at me, thinking I was stealing pipecleaners.
    I made little people, with little shirts and pants and shoes.
    It was awesome!!!!!!
    I attached them to my little lanyard thingy.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What if we formed two lines next to each other? And we played a giant game of "Red Rover?"

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    everyone close your eyes and we'll play who's hand is that?

Shade on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Shade wrote: »

hawt

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Heads up 7 up?

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    very sexy

casper702 on
  • Options
    ZineZine Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There were pipecleaners last year!? Where were those at?

Zine on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    What if we formed two lines next to each other? And we played a giant game of "Red Rover?"

fuck yeah!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2008

that would be frecking awesome

casper702 on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    casper702 wrote: »

that would be frecking awesome

um... last time I played that game, we broke somebody's arm.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aye, that was a game that depended on the squishy and bendable quality of elementary school childrens' bones and lack of physical size. Something tells me that grown people playing that game would result in some rough injuries. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Aye, that was a game that depended on the squishy and bendable quality of elementary school childrens' bones and lack of physical size. Something tells me that grown people playing that game would result in some rough injuries. =)

that's why we all need to be good and liquored up before hand.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    lol, true =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I am totally okay with this idea.
    I am a willing participant.
    We could make people sign waivers...
    and pass around a flask.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is sounding like a real damn fun game now.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I wonder how much fun it'd be to pass a notebook back from the front of the line with the very first sentence or two of a story, and have everyone as it goes back add to the story by one more sentence. I remember being on a writers' online forum once and they did that, but this'd be a lot more "real time."

When it gets to a brave person (i.e. not afraid of public speaking) in line, they can speak the story as it exists when they receive it, so that everyone in the line can track/be amused by its progress. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    the person in the front pass a beach ball and try to get it to the back with out if touching the ground

casper702 on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I wonder how much fun it'd be to pass a notebook back from the front of the line with the very first sentence or two of a story, and have everyone as it goes back add to the story by one more sentence. I remember being on a writers' online forum once and they did that, but this'd be a lot more "real time."

When it gets to a brave person (i.e. not afraid of public speaking) in line, they can speak the story as it exists when they receive it, so that everyone in the line can track/be amused by its progress. =)

the amount of wang and cock would make it unfit for human ears.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

the amount of wang and cock would make it unfit for human ears.

the amount of wang and cock would make it AWESOME.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Here's an idea...

Setup a few "stations" along the path of the line with a bunch of those "magnetic poetry" things... the station would basically just be a metallic board and a bucket full of the magnet things. While you're stuck in line, you have plenty of time to leave a message to those following in your footsteps... and once the line does start moving as we learned last year... it starts at a crawl if you're near the back... so you'll have plenty of time to read & tweak what others have left.

Only downside is... at a convention full of electronics (personal & otherwise) I'm not sure you want a bunch of magnets walking around.

Maybe an alternative would be a custom made version on felt with velcro tag things... that'd require a lot of effort tho.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Or legos?
    Legos would be fun.
    If you're REALLY bored,
    you could make word stickers
    or sharpie words onto the Legos,
    and create poetry that way.

Or just build castles and pirate ships.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I like both the Magnetic Poetry and the Legos ideas. They would both be awesome... but indeed, of the two I'd go with Legos. That'd be a blast.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think Legos cost a fuck ton these days. So unfortunately I don't see them passing out tons of legos. But that would be so amazing. Can you imagine like 500-1000 people making wangs out of legos?

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm thinking, as far as legos go, that plenty of people have them lying around the house. Granted, it would be a jumble of legos, so if you have a personal attachment to them, it might not be for you, but they'd be easy enough to get from thrift stores and children's stores. I agree, new legos cost A LOT. But I know that if my happy ass makes it to PAX this year, a tub of legos might just be another thing I bring with me. Because legos are awesome, and a fun way to entertain yourself. And your fellow line-people.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think Legos cost a fuck ton these days. So unfortunately I don't see them passing out tons of legos. But that would be so amazing. Can you imagine like 500-1000 people making wangs out of legos?

1/18 scale, right?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i am down for telephone......
    or there is a game like telephone...you draw a pic on someone's back so they cannot see it, just feel it....and it keeps going down the line, at the end it get really stupid, and ridiculous

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    How about passing a large pad down the line, and people can draw something on it, and people just keep adding to the picture until it's completely insane and ridiculous.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2008
    I like Moe's picture idea as well... I think anything involving a collaborative effort (be it story or picture) could end up being hilarious.

As for the cost of legos, you can get off brands for relatively cheap. They're sometimes poorly manufactured (meaning you have to occasionally jam them into place instead of fitting them smoothly), but I've yet to see even the cheap ones not at least work enough to assemble something with a bit of effort.

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.