Options

[GAME ON] Super Smash Bros. BRAWL- The wait is over!

• Options
    CalaveronCalaveron Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Holy FUCK Sonic's Final Smash is unfair.
    Lasts an eternity, is THE FASTEST THING IN THE EXISTENCE OF VIDEO GAMES and hits like a tank.
    Also, it is near-impossible to dodge.

Calaveron on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    giant pikachu downsmash is fucking unfair

Zek on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have brawl and it's fucking sweet. I think diddy kong is my fave.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm so glad I've never owned/played a Smash Bros game or I'd probably be flipping shit with the rest of you

Planning on picking this up whenever convenience allows

Frostozuna on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Guys I think I may have messed up: After my first run through on Classic Mode, it was showing me things I unlocked, and I'm not sure, but I may have used 2 golden hammers. PLEASE TELL ME you start with ONE golden hammer or I'll have to erase my data and start over. Thanks!

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't know if it's my wii code or my "brawl" code whatever the fuck that is...in game my friend code it says 3394-3206-8831 so join up with me. I put kupot's in.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just got back from my GameStop. Quite an experience, I made some friends too. Won $10 Dave and Busters because I knew how to explain "wave-dashing" :P (trivia thing)

I got to the quarter-finals of the tournament through sheer dumb luck, but fuck this game is awesome.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lucas is a fucking monster.

Shamus on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't know how i'm going to sleep tonight D:

parabola on
  • Options
    Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I lost in the first round of Gamestop's tournament to my friend's little brother. Yeah.

I didn't expect to win anyway. In fact, I really wanted to play as Jigglypuff, making my failure confirmed before I started; but Jigglypuff wasn't unlocked so I went with Pikachu. Which didn't really work out too well for me.

That said though, the guy that won was also using Pikachu.

Homestar Gunner on
  • Options
    BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pacific Time. Feh. I'm stuck on Central time. At least time changes tonight...
    I'll more than likely be banging on GameStop's door at 7:55 A.M. with the rest of the preorderers.
    I'll probably make myself late for work playing... oh, the anticipation.

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    so there were 35 people at the sams club midnight launch.....34 soccer moms and grandparents that bought wii systems and then there was me....the ONLY person that actually bought the damn game.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    MeowMixxMeowMixx Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, fuck... I just went and got Brawl, popped the disk in and well would you look at that nice happy DRE....... This is a load of horseshit. Does anyone know how to clean the laser on the Wii so I can avoid having to send this damn thing in for a week?

MeowMixx on
    288623.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    You guys need to give me a verdict on the wiimote + nunchuk control, because i broke my GCN Superpad, and I hate the normal GCN controller.

parabola on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I'm back from walmart, no Brawl.

I went in around midnight, was number 2 in line. Number one buys the game, no problem. My turn. I step up to the register, and they say they are sold out. I asked if they only had one copy with a WTF look on my face, and they say sorry, they don't have anymore. The rest of the line was sent away without a game. I could understand 1 copy selling out if I lived in like backcountry, west virginia.

I live in Pittsburgh. a pretty big city.
    What the fuck walmart, what the fuck.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    UberFlopUberFlop Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MY GAMESTOP WASN'T OPEN!
    WTF?!

UberFlop on
    wwmmd-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    How does a store (even Walmart) only get ONE copy.

Not to mention not send anyone out to tell people there is only ONE copy.

parabola on
  • Options
    BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I work at Wal-Mart, and though I'm not entirely sure how many we got, I'm pretty sure we got plenty. Jesus... I worked in Electronics a while back and it took us like a year and a half to get rid of all the fucking copies of Godfather they sent us.

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EstocEstoc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I lost in the third round of the Gamestop tourney. I was Bowser, he was Fox. I just missed knocking him off after dominating him in the minute given, and he got the first (and final) hit in Sudden Death. However, the same dude went on to win the tournament, so in the end my ego actually inflated.

I didn't like the ruleset Gamestop used, but I can understand why they did it. There were about 50 people at the tournament I was at, so even with the ruleset, those three matches took place over the course of almost 2 hours.

Estoc on
  • Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I arrived at Gamestop at 11:30. There was like 10 people there, so I waited in the car and stayed warm for a little while. Around 11:40 I said fuck it and went to wait with the people. Glad I did because 10 minutes later there was over 100 (yes, one hundred) people in line. And I don't live in a big city (Greenville South Carolina). The gamestop had probably every employee working too, there was at least 10 employees in the store.

So anyway I was 10th in line, got my copy and got out of there.

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Estoc wrote: »
    I didn't like the ruleset Gamestop used, but I can understand why they did it. There were about 50 people at the tournament I was at, so even with the ruleset, those three matches took place over the course of almost 2 hours.

At least you don't live in Canada where our tournament has random character choosing.

parabola on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just checked tracking out on my copy I bought from Ebay. Turns out the dude managed to get his hands on it early, because its listed as being posted at 1pm on the 7th. So it should get here like Tuesday/Wednesday instead of Thursday/Friday like I was expecting.

Hot damn.

And thanks to Easter and a long weekend this weekend, there is only 4 workdays for the next 3 weeks.

Kelor on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So as it turns out, the modchip I had to install to import brawl makes the US copy unreadable. I suspected such a thing might occur and so I used really long wires to install it. Wiikey! You have served your purpose! Now,
    Let's begin the operation

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, I suck at this game........I need to get better fast....

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Motherfucker, just got back from getting brawl and my Wii will not read the disc. It reads any other game I've gotten but not this one.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Man, I suck at this game........I need to get better fast....

I haven't played Melee in over a year. :(

parabola on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Veevee wrote: »
    Motherfucker, just got back from getting brawl and my Wii will not read the disc. It reads any other game I've gotten but not this one.

Shut up shut up shut up I don't want to hear this.

Kelor on
  • Options
    GinoGino Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Veevee nintendo says you need to clean your laser. By the way where did you go? I'm picking up mine form best buy west tomorrow due to having a 50 dollar gift card. I pre-ordered but I still don't trust those guys.

Gino on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

go here http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

Gino on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kelor wrote: »

Shut up shut up shut up I don't want to hear this.

Yeah no kidding. I just got my Wii on Friday. D:

parabola on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gino wrote: »

Veevee nintendo says you need to clean your laser. By the way where did you go? I'm picking up mine form best buy west tomorrow due to having a 50 dollar gift card. I pre-ordered but I still don't trust those guys.

How do I clean the laser and I went to west towne. I walked in at 8, put a reserve on their last un-reserved copy.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

How do I clean the laser and I went to west towne. I walked in at 8, put a reserve on their last un-reserved copy.

You send it to Nintendo and pray it gets returned fast.

parabola on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

And how does one do that by themselves?

See, this is really not the stuff I wanna hear 10 minutes before I go out. :( This better not be a pandemic. A DRE that's the disc's fault I can deal with. When it's the system... ugh.

Anyone else getting this problem. We need to start polling numbers here.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited March 2008

They say you actually have to send it to them :(. Good God I hope mine works.

They warn agenst trying to clean it yourself.

Agian here is the link http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

Gino on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I bet all they do is blow inside the drive.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    MOTHERFUCKING BITCH OF A CUNT SLUT!!!!!!!!

Veevee on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, I have been playing Wifi matches with my friend since I got the game. It is hit and miss, and usually miss (from our games). It is somewhat playable, but sometimes it just slows so much. Still fun though. Haha.

THIS GAME IS A BRAMBLE BLAST!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Woot427Woot427 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Well, I have been playing Wifi matches with my friend since I got the game. It is hit and miss, and usually miss (from our games). It is somewhat playable, but sometimes it just slows so much. Still fun though. Haha.

What kind of distance are we talking about here?

Woot427 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    redfield85 wrote: »

How far away are you guys? I find this hard to believe, it seemed like from every review and such it was fine.
    I'm actually really not that surprised.

parabola on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I got a little bit of slowdown too, with a friend who lives about 15 minutes away. It wasn't bad, but it was noticeable.

elevature on
This discussion has been closed.