Options

[GAME ON] Super Smash Bros. BRAWL- The wait is over!

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MaverikV wrote: »
    SSE is horrible. I don;t remember ever being this angry at an inanimate object
    What do you hate about it? It's been one of my favorite things about the game.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    MaverikVMaverikV Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I must say I hate SSE for the fact that every single damn enemy seems to be able to knock back an million feet and do a bazillion damage. A big fuck you to the bullet bills out there. Nothing has ever made me so angry.

SSE would have been GREAT if it was about 1/5 as long as it is. The platforming is good but it's too goddamn long with the same enemies over and over. At first the enemies are different and interesting with unique attacks. After a while they just get so annoying you want to smash your head through your screen.

MaverikV on
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.
  • Options
    ApoklypseApoklypse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Okay, Im getting an error every time I try to join Geod's game...error code 80430, it says either he's not online or I was removed from his friends roster.

Is it because he's in a game with someone not on my friends list? How do I fix this?

Getting the same thing myself.

Also (sorry if this has been discussed) what is the difference between "Seeking Brawl" and "Brawl (waiting)"?

Apoklypse on
    3DS FC: 5026-4546-0147
    WiiU NNID: joesgro
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SSE is awesome. Anyone who hates it needs to rot!

I fucking love that it's co-op too. Makes it a MUCH more enjoyable experience.

urahonky on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Pretty sure I've gone and added everyone on page 78.

My #: 4038 5676 0332

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Apoklypse wrote: »
    Okay, Im getting an error every time I try to join Geod's game...error code 80430, it says either he's not online or I was removed from his friends roster.

Is it because he's in a game with someone not on my friends list? How do I fix this?

Getting the same thing myself.

Also (sorry if this has been discussed) what is the difference between "Seeking Brawl" and "Brawl (waiting)"?

I had that error over and over trying to join Bulb's games earlier today. Eventually, it just worked. Keep at it.

I think Seeking Brawl means the host has noone in the room, and he's waiting for joiners. Brawl Waiting means he has at least 1 joiner and the timer is ticking down to begin

Figgy on
  • Options
    TediakTediak Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Some good duels there Eliot. Thanks.

Tediak on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Okay, I've got a room waiting for people. Join in if you want to get owned by a female magic user with pointy ears.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i just beat the final boss

holy shit, hardest battle

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why am i getting completely empty rooms when i join games?

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Why am i getting completely empty rooms when i join games?

It takes a while for you to connect to the room. Keep waiting, and if it gives you an error it means Nintendo's servers are busy. Just keep trying,

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DranearianDranearian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i dont know if it was mentioned or not.. but according to nintendo.com spectator is supposed to become available after 24 hours of your first wifi connection... There is abug where it isn't for some people.. call customer support.

Dranearian on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SSE was okay until the last level

Not only was it the most annoying thing ever but I got KO'd twice at 0%

Only Toon Link and Jigglypuff to unlock now and I'll have all the characters

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I must say I hate SSE for the fact that every single damn enemy seems to be able to knock back an million feet and do a bazillion damage. A big fuck you to the bullet bills out there. Nothing has ever made me so angry.

SSE would have been GREAT if it was about 1/5 as long as it is. The platforming is good but it's too goddamn long with the same enemies over and over. At first the enemies are different and interesting with unique attacks. After a while they just get so annoying you want to smash your head through your screen.

Fuck the lightning fish eye things. Thats all I gotta say.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Mr_PeelMr_Peel Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm adding everyone who posted on the last two pages.

Help me smash away the atrocious day I've been having :x

Mr_Peel on
    Wii Code: 7511 8555 3568 9480[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Brawl: 3136 6048 0984
  • Options
    MaverikVMaverikV Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Fuck levels that move. I friggin hate dying because the screen goes past me. How does that make any sense at all

MaverikV on
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.
  • Options
    RolloutRollout Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm up for an online brawl. I just added up the 12 canadians on the PA wiki, I'll wait the few days it takes for me to get added.

Friend's code is 0516-6973-0640 and it's on the wiki.

Rollout on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Is there some kind of glitch where you constantly knock your own ass off the board... run into the worst of placed items.. get knocked the fuck out time and time again?

Yeah.. I think I got that bug.

Figgy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »

I think it depends on if people liked Kirby games, or The Great Cave Offensive/etc from Superstar. Me and my brother just love it it a lot. It's basically the first 'Kirby' console game since 64.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Rollout wrote: »
    I'm up for an online brawl. I just added up the 12 canadians on the PA wiki, I'll wait the few days it takes for me to get added.

Added.

Figgy on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »

I think it depends on if people liked Kirby games, or The Great Cave Offensive/etc from Superstar. Me and my brother just love it it a lot. It's basically the first 'Kirby' console game since 64.

Man I loved the Milky Star Galaxy I think it was in Superstar. I always just blew through the great cave offensive as fast as i could.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rollout wrote: »

I'm in the mood for some online also added and my BC is below.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the daily downloadable stage thing live yet? I don't even see an option for it anywhere in the menus.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Fuck levels that move. I friggin hate dying because the screen goes past me. How does that make any sense at all
    I liked the mine carts that would inexplicably instantly kill you.

Elendil on
  • Options
    nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    OK, I just tested something in the controller setup screens. I wanted to confirm this after the discussion today about using remote only. The following is all default controls, including up = jump.

With controllers that have a control stick:
    A tilt/strong attack is performed by gently pushing the control stick in one direction and pressing A. If you are Mario, you will do a little jump kick.
    A smash is performed by tapping the control stick all the way and pressing/holding A. If you are Mario. you will throw a big punch.
    If your character is running (not dashing) and you press A, you will perform a side tilt/strong attack.

If you are using only the remote:
    - You CAN perform either a smash attack OR a strong attack simply with the 2 button. It depends on the amount of time that passes between pressing the control pad direction and the 2 button. If it is a very short amount of time, you will perform the smash. If you make a slight pause, you will perform a strong attack instead.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 has different outcomes depending on your control pad action:
    - Pressing 1 + 2 while pressing a side directional key will perform a smash, no matter how long you have been holding the directional key.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 will only perform an up or down smash if you have had the directional key held down for a very short amount of time (same amount of time it takes to do a smash with just the 2 button). Otherwise, it will perform the strong attack for that direction.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 while standing perfectly still will perform a side smash in the direction you are facing.

Also, it appears that if you are using remote only, assigning anything but Jump to the up directional key makes it impossible to do any up moves (strong attack, smash attack, special)

Given this information, it seems to make the most sense to assign strong attacks to the right control stick for controllers that have one (classic, GCN), because they are the most difficult to perform in the heat of battle (if you are jamming buttons/control stick, you will likely perform a smash instead.)

nlawalker on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Backlash, you have to turn it on in WFC>Options.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

I liked the mine carts that would inexplicably instantly kill you.

God that just reminds me of that horrible fucking bowser bros solo mission. I swear I lost that fucking thing like 10 times because a trap hole just magically showed up in front a mario and I got hit with it causing scroll death.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    BacklashBacklash Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Backlash, you have to turn it on in WFC>Options.

That's the weird thing, I don't seem to have a WFC>Options. When I connect to WFC, I have a with friends, and with anyone option, and under with anyone my only choices are basic brawl and team battle. I don't see an options menu anywhere.

Backlash on
    Absoludacrous.jpg
    SSBB: 2921-8745-1438
    Diamond: 2320-2615-4086
  • Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WFC is in my sig. I'll be adding as many people from the wiki as I can tomorrow afternoon.

Raziel_pm on
    Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is a dumb question I'm sure, but what's it mean when, on the map of SSE, the dots of places you've already been are glowing?

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rock on Neenjah. Those were some really fun lag-free (mostly) matches. I must practice to avoid a soul crushing defeat next time!

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Any east coasters playing now?

Zek on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    nlawalker wrote: »
    OK, I just tested something in the controller setup screens. I wanted to confirm this after the discussion today about using remote only. The following is all default controls, including up = jump.

With controllers that have a control stick:
    A tilt/strong attack is performed by gently pushing the control stick in one direction and pressing A. If you are Mario, you will do a little jump kick.
    A smash is performed by tapping the control stick all the way and pressing/holding A. If you are Mario. you will throw a big punch.
    If your character is running (not dashing) and you press A, you will perform a side tilt/strong attack.

If you are using only the remote:
    - You CAN perform either a smash attack OR a strong attack simply with the 2 button. It depends on the amount of time that passes between pressing the control pad direction and the 2 button. If it is a very short amount of time, you will perform the smash. If you make a slight pause, you will perform a strong attack instead.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 has different outcomes depending on your control pad action:
    - Pressing 1 + 2 while pressing a side directional key will perform a smash, no matter how long you have been holding the directional key.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 will only perform an up or down smash if you have had the directional key held down for a very short amount of time (same amount of time it takes to do a smash with just the 2 button). Otherwise, it will perform the strong attack for that direction.
    - Pressing 1 + 2 while standing perfectly still will perform a side smash in the direction you are facing.

Also, it appears that if you are using remote only, assigning anything but Jump to the up directional key makes it impossible to do any up moves (strong attack, smash attack, special)

Given this information, it seems to make the most sense to assign strong attacks to the right control stick for controllers that have one (classic, GCN), because they are the most difficult to perform in the heat of battle (if you are jamming buttons/control stick, you will likely perform a smash instead.)
    Also, when using one remote you can not do an Up taunt. Which means if you are playing as Samus you can not switch to ZSS. Totally disappointing and it really hinders my gameplay as I love ZSS and love using a single remote. So I just either have to pick Samus or ZSS initially.

Zek, I added you the other day but i'm not sure if i've seen you online yet. I'm about to give up on this essay and continue smashing in a second.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NeenjahNeenjah she/her Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Rock on Neenjah. Those were some really fun lag-free (mostly) matches. I must practice to avoid a soul crushing defeat next time!

Same to you, I just need to get some quick homework done and I'll be on later to do some more Brawlin' with anyone else here.

Neenjah on
    Sokhatai Angura is my FFXIV char!
    @Awjeah :V
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God the end of SSE
    The final boss, Tabuu, is such a bitch. I've done it 5 time now and varieing levels of success, but everytime he goes back and does his wings, I cannot dodge that thing. And it's an instant KO. Any recommendations on characters to use to kill him? I'm going to try it on easy.

Fox and Falco were musts for me. I just spammed ^B with them.
    And no I don't think you can avoid his wing spread move. It really sucks. He really is a bitch. I had him down to an inch in life twice and he did that 1-hit KO move. Took me nearly 30 minutes of trying before I got him.
    It is dodge-able, i've done it. You have to dodge the 3 red circles (shield +down, not air dodge, it takes to long). Pit's back air, yoshi's up air, pikachu's nair, and all sonic's airs are all good moves to use aginst him.

Anyway, it might be a good idea to add the ways to unlock chars to the OP.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My friend code again is 2277 6291 9320 add me and click the little pm button and pm me and I'll add you as soon as I get the PM.

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is it possible to use ZSS out of the gate in SSE? I've been settling for switching forms with the taunt thing at the beginning of the stages, but it's kind of irritating.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zek, I added you the other day but i'm not sure if i've seen you online yet. I'm about to give up on this essay and continue smashing in a second.

I added you, either you got my code wrong or yours is posted wrong.

Zek on
  • Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zek I'm adding you right now

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, I wish snake was in SSE.

Gorilla Salad on
This discussion has been closed.