Bowel Moment of the Week 3/12/08

augustaugust where you come from is goneRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Graphic Violence
Why hasn't anyone made this yet?

Anyway. Thunderbolts. Continues to be the shiznite.
Gore. Sexy evil crazy people. Sexy good crazy people. And psychics making them even crazier! And hey Robbie Baldwin using his powers without hurting himself! GET HIM OUT OF THAT SUIT MARVEL.

Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
august on
«1

Posts

  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh and Abe Sapien is the most beautiful book I've read in years.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    So about Penance.....he needs pain to activate his powers correct? Wouldn't a normal costume that is lined with shock sensors that could just shock his nerves work just as well and look neater?

    ZombieAsuma on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's possible that he has to get off on actually cutting on himself to get the shit to work.

    I think that was Doc Samson's theory.

    Looks like he's helping Robbie figure that out and like stop doing it maybe and be less of a horrible emo freak.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Sounds like a solid plan. I haven't started reading what I picked up this week yet. I think my moment so far was finding back issues of Annihilation Conquest and Suicide Squad so I could get caught back up.

    ZombieAsuma on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thunderbolts was ace as usual.

    Avengers: Initiative was pretty damn bloody, as well.
    Decapitation of one of the Scarlet Spiders and Constrictor getting his arms cut off at the elbows - both clearly shown in-panel.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Taskmaster & Ant Man #10 (also known as Avengers Initiative) [Warning, images may contain interspecies erotica]
    scan0011vt5.jpg

    We need a Slott written Taskmaster, Deadpool and Antman series, STAT.

    scan0008nd9.jpg

    I know you all clicked for the interspecies erotica, so here's some lizard on man action.


    Swordman is no longer known as Steel Spider's bitch. (T-bolts #something or other)
    Won't even bother captioning these. Swordsman needs to be permanently taken over by evil telepaths.

    thunderbolts119dcp017oe1.jpg


    thunderbolts119dcp02002cj7.jpg

    thunderbolts119dcp03203pz7.jpg

    thunderbolts119dcp034er3.jpg

    KVW on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The spikes are more symbolic than anything else, a spike for every single person that died. That is his penance for being part of their deaths, sure he could have used another way if he wanted one, he didn’t. The suit was also meant to be placed on Nitro when Robbie finally got his hands on him, the result of that was clearly shown in last weeks Penance - Relentless issue.
    Needless to say it was very bloody, he made sure Nitro felt pain via torture in addition to the suit. The issue overall was good, very good. You got a sense he found some closure at the end, he was haunted by the tragedy but he's pulling out of it, so he won’t be using the suit anymore but you can definitely forget him being Speedball again, he’s past that point. It’s time to be something new.

    Cade on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, it looks like the Initiative is finally where it should've been like 5 issues ago. Not to say it's bad, just that the overall plot pacing has been a little... repetitive for me.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, X-Factor was pretty much perfect.

    I mean, I feel kinda lame saying it, since it's always so good, but still.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    Mighty Avengers was good but I HATE HATE HATE the stupid interrupting thought balloons. It's like trying to watch a good movie while someone sitting behind you keeps flicking you in the ear. You start to laugh, you're enjoying yourself and *flick*.

    I don't understand what Bendis is doing with them. They're always something really insipid. Apparently Iron man has mental Tourette syndrome and is thinking "SHIT WHORE COCK!!!" all the time. Is it supposed to be funny that Ms. Marvel is wondering if she left the oven on in the middle of a fight or some other dumb mundane thing? It makes all of the characters come across as vapid idiots.

    I've defended Bendis' "realistic" dialogue style in the past but this little experiment is wearing on my nerves.

    ...

    Abe Sapien is a beutiful, beautiful book.

    DMAC on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So, X-Factor was pretty much perfect.

    I mean, I feel kinda lame saying it, since it's always so good, but still.
    Monet is so awesome.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Mighty Avengers was good but I HATE HATE HATE the stupid interrupting thought balloons. It's like trying to watch a good movie while someone sitting behind you keeps flicking you in the ear. You start to laugh, you're enjoying yourself and *flick*.

    I don't understand what Bendis is doing with them. They're always something really insipid. Apparently Iron man has mental Tourette syndrome and is thinking "SHIT WHORE COCK!!!" all the time. Is it supposed to be funny that Ms. Marvel is wondering if she left the oven on in the middle of a fight or some other dumb mundane thing? It makes all of the characters come across as vapid idiots.

    I've defended Bendis' "realistic" dialogue style in the past but this little experiment is wearing on my nerves.

    ...

    Abe Sapien is a beutiful, beautiful book.


    Some of them are good, but, after the first few issues and the odd Ares thought bubble, it's like Bendis thought he had to keep using the thought bubbles on every single panel of the book and couldn't find anything to justify them so just adds random words now.

    I hate the repeat balloons, like "I like pancakes." *I like pancakes.*

    The only time I'd like to see them used is for random things like say Ares thinking about how he will make Black Widow his or something like Ms Marvel thinking Wasp is such a slut when she was checking out Wonder Man.

    Like you said, having them just have bubbles for the sake of having bubbles is retarded, jarring and a complete waste of time.

    KVW on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Come on Speedball!

    Fuck this 90's wanna be XTREME! Bullshit

    Algertman on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I dont mind the thought bubbles at all, but the gutter hypes were awesome.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    We need a Slott written Taskmaster, Deadpool and Antman series, STAT.

    I would buy that comic. Every month. Three times.

    Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hayasa wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    We need a Slott written Taskmaster, Deadpool and Antman series, STAT.

    I would buy that comic. Every month. Three times.

    So would I. It would save me the trouble of having to read a book that's only good for them, and which I'm going to drop anyway.

    Actually, I may as well just say it now. After looking at part one of the SI checklist, I may get the tie-ins, but I'm almost certain that none of the titles I get related to SI (so, Avengers books) are books I am going to get after April (when a bunch of arcs/minis/etc. end) or May.

    Anyway, my MotW was Annihilation: Conquest #5.
    I AM GROOT!

    Crimsondude on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Punisher #55 simply because the premise of the arc wraps up the Ennis run and reunites Frank with an old friend.

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • edited March 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Punisher #55 simply because the premise of the arc wraps up the Ennis run and reunites Frank with an old friend.

    DEATH! XD
    Not confirmed.

    Shamuuu on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like pancakes.

    Synthetic Orange on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    what no he don't meet death

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • edited March 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    what no he don't meet death

    Then who? The WHO?

    Shamuuu on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, who do y'all think is holding the gun at the end of The Walking Dead?

    Also,
    ...poor Axel

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So, X-Factor was pretty much perfect.

    I mean, I feel kinda lame saying it, since it's always so good, but still.
    Monet is so awesome.
    She really, really is.

    "Hold on, that reminded me of something...what was it? Oh, that's it. Three's Company."

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was pretty happy to see an old favourite back in Nova.

    Synthetic Orange on
  • TankTank Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Booster Gold was so awesome this week.
    Ted doing the equivalent of a Jedi mind trick in order to avoid an army of OMACs was awesome-sauce. Plus Hawkman and Green Arrow at the end was cool, even though I was hoping for a Super Buddies reunion.

    I also picked up that New Frontier Classified comic this week after hearing everyones good comments about it last week and really enjoyed it. Is this a one time thing or are they planning to do more of these?

    Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tank wrote: »
    Booster Gold was so awesome this week.
    Ted doing the equivalent of a Jedi mind trick in order to avoid an army of OMACs was awesome-sauce. Plus Hawkman and Green Arrow at the end was cool, even though I was hoping for a Super Buddies reunion.

    I also picked up that New Frontier Classified comic this week after hearing everyones good comments about it last week and really enjoyed it. Is this a one time thing or are they planning to do more of these?

    The New Frontier Special was a one time deal. Cooke said in an interview or something he has plans for a New Frontier 2, but he doesn't think he'll ever get around to doing it for some reason or another. Manly tears were shed over this sad news.


    The ending:
    should have been the old JLA Giffen team with Guy, Bats, MM, etc. assembled to take down their old buddy Max.


    Walking Dead was all kinds of crazy this week.
    I was all "FUCK YA" when Adrian showed up on top of the mini van blowing people away during the assault.

    However, I can only get the feeling Kirkman is wiping everyone out and restarting with a new set of survivors at this point. Or maybe he'll combine whoever survives this with the towns people that don't know how crazy the guy they follow is. I say this because people are dying left and right and I didn't count but it looks like we're approaching single digit numbers for our ragtag group.

    And who's got Rick's wife at the end? Michonne? Maybe pissed he didn't try to save Tyrese? No one from the other town could have got inside as the tank just busted through. I couldnt figure out what the cover was all about for this issue, as they dont usually lie or sensationlize their covers, but the ending still caught me off guard.


    And Atomic Robo had the best moment this week. It was the ad at the end telling us volume 2 is coming later this year.

    KVW on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cade wrote: »
    The spikes are more symbolic than anything else, a spike for every single person that died. That is his penance for being part of their deaths, sure he could have used another way if he wanted one, he didn’t. The suit was also meant to be placed on Nitro when Robbie finally got his hands on him, the result of that was clearly shown in last weeks Penance - Relentless issue.
    Needless to say it was very bloody, he made sure Nitro felt pain via torture in addition to the suit. The issue overall was good, very good. You got a sense he found some closure at the end, he was haunted by the tragedy but he's pulling out of it, so he won’t be using the suit anymore but you can definitely forget him being Speedball again, he’s past that point. It’s time to be something new.

    I think you missed at the end of the last Penance issue where he told Logan he wasn't done with the suit. Just one spike.

    Which I found very disappointing after the Nitro revelation.

    I think they may be getting him better and out of the suit slowly, but they could just as easily ignore this character development later. Here's hoping.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • headn00bheadn00b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Defenders Defenestrate!

    headn00b on
    Your sig was too tall.

    -Thinatos
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That was a funny moment but I really didnt like Last Defenders. The art was ugly and Colossus especially was not written very well.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Tank wrote: »
    Booster Gold was so awesome this week.
    Ted doing the equivalent of a Jedi mind trick in order to avoid an army of OMACs was awesome-sauce. Plus Hawkman and Green Arrow at the end was cool, even though I was hoping for a Super Buddies reunion.

    I also picked up that New Frontier Classified comic this week after hearing everyones good comments about it last week and really enjoyed it. Is this a one time thing or are they planning to do more of these?

    The New Frontier Special was a one time deal. Cooke said in an interview or something he has plans for a New Frontier 2, but he doesn't think he'll ever get around to doing it for some reason or another. Manly tears were shed over this sad news.


    The ending:
    should have been the old JLA Giffen team with Guy, Bats, MM, etc. assembled to take down their old buddy Max.


    Walking Dead was all kinds of crazy this week.
    I was all "FUCK YA" when Adrian showed up on top of the mini van blowing people away during the assault.

    However, I can only get the feeling Kirkman is wiping everyone out and restarting with a new set of survivors at this point. Or maybe he'll combine whoever survives this with the towns people that don't know how crazy the guy they follow is. I say this because people are dying left and right and I didn't count but it looks like we're approaching single digit numbers for our ragtag group.

    And who's got Rick's wife at the end? Michonne? Maybe pissed he didn't try to save Tyrese? No one from the other town could have got inside as the tank just busted through. I couldnt figure out what the cover was all about for this issue, as they dont usually lie or sensationlize their covers, but the ending still caught me off guard.


    And Atomic Robo had the best moment this week. It was the ad at the end telling us volume 2 is coming later this year.

    re: TWD - I'm thinking it's the same person as you.

    Also, I'm getting the sense that a lot of the characters are going to die as well. Honestly, the way they've been playing up the Rick/Carl relationship seems to indicate to me that we're going to see Carl striking off on his own soon. It would be kind of neat to see how a child would survive this sort of thing.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Speedball will be coming soon, in his very own EMO series. Marvel can't let DC corner the emo market!

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, my TWD predictions, which will probably be wrong -
    Everyone dies except Carl (at least, as far as he knows). Carl then hits the road with Zombie Rick, and eventually ties up with the father/son from the Christmas special. Dale and his sharpshooting gal-pal also survive, and the book alternates between their adventures and Carl's.

    jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Thunderbolts was ace as usual.

    Avengers: Initiative was pretty damn bloody, as well.
    Decapitation of one of the Scarlet Spiders and Constrictor getting his arms cut off at the elbows - both clearly shown in-panel.


    what!!! NOOOOO. :(
    Constrictor has been a favorite of mine ever since he first appeared, and he has been one of the few characters not to be revamped....god I hope they don't mess up this obvious repair/revamp on his arms. I better find this issue and check it out.

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, my TWD predictions, which will probably be wrong -
    Everyone dies except Carl (at least, as far as he knows). Carl then hits the road with Zombie Rick, and eventually ties up with the father/son from the Christmas special. Dale and his sharpshooting gal-pal also survive, and the book alternates between their adventures and Carl's.

    I have almost the exact same theory.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    DraXXXen wrote: »
    what!!! NOOOOO. :(
    Constrictor has been a favorite of mine ever since he first appeared, and he has been one of the few characters not to be revamped....god I hope they don't mess up this obvious repair/revamp on his arms. I better find this issue and check it out.

    I share your pain. But Slott used the character in both She-Hulk and the Thing, so I think it's safe to say he's a fan. I trust him not to screw the character up.

    Munch on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    DraXXXen wrote: »
    what!!! NOOOOO. :(
    Constrictor has been a favorite of mine ever since he first appeared, and he has been one of the few characters not to be revamped....god I hope they don't mess up this obvious repair/revamp on his arms. I better find this issue and check it out.

    I share your pain. But Slott used the character in both She-Hulk and the Thing, so I think it's safe to say he's a fan. I trust him not to screw the character up.
    Well, I trusted him
    to keep Trauma around for a long, long time, and you saw how that worked out.

    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    august wrote: »
    I think you missed at the end of the last Penance issue where he told Logan he wasn't done with the suit. Just one spike.

    Which I found very disappointing after the Nitro revelation.

    It is a pretty efficient way to cause the pain that serves as a catalyst for his power.

    Crimsondude on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah. I know what purpose the suit serves.

    He just gave us reason to think he might be done with it at the climax of the issue. In a dramatic way.

    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    "He's a crazy fuck. They're all crazy fucks. But nobody hits like The Shark."

    Crimsondude on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Nova was exceptional this week.
    I didn't quite understand the references to past events in Punisher MAX, simply because I just started a few months back, so if anyone could shed a little light on it, that would be great.
    Evil Dead is also excellent, I'm hoping they do a second mini for the second movie in a few months, when this one is finished.

    Me Too! on
Sign In or Register to comment.