Options

[WoW] Chat 2.4

Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Patch 2.4 is out today, get on your patching boots!

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
Munkus Beaver on
«13456763

Posts

  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    One step closer to WotLK!

    ...right?

    Halfmex on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    Thank you for playing World of Warcraft, and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Azeroth. All credit card information has been removed from the account * as of March 23, 2008 6:40 PM PDT, so no further billing will be processed on this account unless payment information is manually re-entered. Your account will remain accessible for play until June 13, 2008 5:35 AM PDT, when the remaining pre-paid time expires.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dark Iron is up. wooooooooot!

    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    SikarianSikarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Thank you for playing World of Warcraft, and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Azeroth. All credit card information has been removed from the account * as of March 23, 2008 6:40 PM PDT, so no further billing will be processed on this account unless payment information is manually re-entered. Your account will remain accessible for play until June 13, 2008 5:35 AM PDT, when the remaining pre-paid time expires.

    D:

    Sikarian on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Thank you for playing World of Warcraft, and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Azeroth. All credit card information has been removed from the account * as of March 23, 2008 6:40 PM PDT, so no further billing will be processed on this account unless payment information is manually re-entered. Your account will remain accessible for play until June 13, 2008 5:35 AM PDT, when the remaining pre-paid time expires.

    I want WAR to be good so hard.

    But I don't know if it will be the "wow-killer" people claim it to be.

    WAR needs to come out soon though, cause I hate WoW so much right now.

    <3 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Forar wrote:
    Fairchild wrote:
    Yes, I also noticed how all of the arcane crystals and arcanite bars vanished from the Auction House. Hmmm....
    Eh? I seem to be missing the relavence.
    The only thing I can think of is if they could be used to discover other transmutes....but that's it.
    It'd make more sense if it was all of the arcane crystals and Thorium bars, but why would the Arcanite bars vanish?

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    I'm not going to bring WAR into this thread since it has its own, but I will say that it is the sole reason for canceling my account. Anything else and I'd be breaking the NDA.



    edit; I don't think it is going to be a "WoW-killer" either, but anyone who claims it to be such is just naive. They both share the word "War" in their names, but they are really going to appeal to completely different markets. WoW will lose that type of player to WAR or AoC or whatever, but it will never lose their type of player until something of that mold can replace it.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I want WAR to be good so hard.

    But I don't know if it will be the "wow-killer" people claim it to be.

    WAR needs to come out soon though, cause I hate WoW so much right now.
    It isn't going to have 10 million players.

    815165 on
  • Options
    HomerHomer Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So did anyone else save up 100 marks of honor from the 4 different BGs so they can turn them all in for something like 30k honor on patch day?

    Ya, neither did I...

    Homer on
    "Mmmm, unexplained bacon."
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    It'd make more sense if it was all of the arcane crystals and Thorium bars, but why would the Arcanite bars vanish?
    Heh. The old topic locked while I was in mid-reply, too. With the arcanite bar cooldown being removed I expect their AH price to drop as supply increases. But this will create more demand for arcane crystals and their prices will go up, so I think what we saw were people buying up all of the crystals at pre-patch prices.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Forar wrote:
    Fairchild wrote:
    Yes, I also noticed how all of the arcane crystals and arcanite bars vanished from the Auction House. Hmmm....
    Eh? I seem to be missing the relavence.
    The only thing I can think of is if they could be used to discover other transmutes....but that's it.
    It'd make more sense if it was all of the arcane crystals and Thorium bars, but why would the Arcanite bars vanish?

    Someone's gonna use the non-cooldown transmutes into arcanite and those plus the bars bought to make some twink-ish arcanite gears?

    Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Homer wrote: »
    So did anyone else save up 100 marks of honor from the 4 different BGs so they can turn them all in for something like 30k honor on patch day?

    Ya, neither did I...
    My bank/mailbox has been full of the fucking things for ages.

    So did anyone else park themselves outside the gates to the new Isle so they can get there super fast tomorow?

    Ya, neither did I...

    815165 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kil'jaeden ALL UP IN YO GRILL.

    PIMP YO MOUNT!

    JAEF on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mmm, easy 10g dailies and a free 20 slot bag. Tastes like love.

    Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sikarian wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Thank you for playing World of Warcraft, and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Azeroth. All credit card information has been removed from the account * as of March 23, 2008 6:40 PM PDT, so no further billing will be processed on this account unless payment information is manually re-entered. Your account will remain accessible for play until June 13, 2008 5:35 AM PDT, when the remaining pre-paid time expires.

    D:

    Haha. My account runs out on April 4th. I haven't played in over two weeks. I'm not sure I want another MMO - Warhammer doesn't interest me.

    If anything, I guess it'll be EVE, but right now I'm playing Bioshock again and working on my new gun.

    Nova_C on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    edit; I don't think it is going to be a "WoW-killer" either, but anyone who claims it to be such is just naive. They both share the word "War" in their names, but they are really going to appeal to completely different markets. WoW will lose that type of player to WAR or AoC or whatever, but it will never lose their type of player until something of that mold can replace it.
    And how other developers have STILL not managed to figure this out is simply beyond comprehension.

    Look, devs, it's really simple: take WoW's basic PvE gameplay...overlay your property (Shadowrun, D&D's Forgotten Realms, Marvel Universe, whatever) and watch the dollars come a-rollin' in. It really is that simple.

    Halfmex on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Monstrous Kaliri have learned how to chase players going straight up.

    D:

    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    People in skettis who fall to their death has been increased by 5x.


    Actually people probably wont even do skettis anymore with Sunwell out.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zython wrote: »
    Monstrous Kaliri have learned how to chase players going straight up.

    D:

    Double D: . They were a nuisance with the only saving grace being I don't have to deal with them as a druid by just flying straight up. It's like they're doing everything in their power to drive us from Skettis.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    They can knock druids out of flight form?

    815165 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    They can knock druids out of flight form?

    No, but it's a pain in the ass being dazed and hamstrung while trying to move in one's non-epic flight form one side of skettis to the other.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Here is my post-patch 2.4 (notice how we are already in the post-patch phase ?) timeline:

    June 1- Arena Season 4 begins

    August 1- Blizzard sets November 18 (giving the world two weeks to celebrate the election of President McCain) as the release date for WOTLK

    October 1- Blizzard announces that WOTLK will be delayed until January, 2009

    December 1- Season 4 gear is made available for purchase with Honor Points. Raiding ceases as everyone farms Honor to stock up on gear that they will be replacing within a week of the expansion's release.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've never found them annoying (also being dismount immune), they're pretty easy to avoid and the hamstring isn't that bad.

    If they could dismount me I'd probably mind.

    815165 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    People in skettis who fall to their death has been increased by 5x.


    Actually people probably wont even do skettis anymore with Sunwell out.

    I will on my paladin (daze immunity), since the daily cap has been raised to 25.

    My mage will probably avoid it though.

    Nobody on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild, I find your predictions disturbingly bleak.

    I mean, no one really wants McCain to be president...do they?

    Halfmex on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    RE: Arcane Crystals. Also, the Arcanite transmute is a good way to train in a certain range. So without the cooldown I suspect some alchemists rushed it through :P

    RE: Those Bleeping Kaliri. My own theory here is that Blizzard has decided Skettis's bombing run was too easy without an elite mount and is trying to encourage people to head for the money sink. I know *I* don't feel any pressure to burn 5000 gold, but then my only 70 isn't a gatherer.

    Nerfing the Prisoner quest, again? This I don't get. Maybe they're tired of people fighting over it? At least on my server most people advertise that they're about to start it.
    HalfMex wrote:
    Fairchild, I find your predictions disturbingly bleak.

    I mean, no one really wants McCain to be president...do they?

    Compared to who ;)

    TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't get why so many people will camp out prisoner spawn points for up to half an hour for 10g and some lvl 55 potions, it's easier to get the 10g and buy some better potions in that time.

    815165 on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As far as I know it hasn't been announced yet, but, knowing that a big driver of MMO developer behavior is the need to get players to spend Gold, I have to think that a super-duper flight/swimming/bombing/cookyourbreakfastforyou type of mount awaits in Northrend. Training that mount skill will cost 10,000 gold and guess what ? you must have spent 5,000 gold on epic flight mount training first.

    Not that I am bitter about this or anything, considering that I just learned that I needed epic mount training before I could purchase flight mount training. My previous flight-mounted toons were Druid and Paladin, so I never knew this gold-sink existed.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate that those fucking birds can fly at epic mount speeds. With all the other dailies out there, I'm not even going to dick with this one any longer. The only reason I'll go near skettis is to try and fish up Mr. Pinchy (which I've still never managed to do yet).

    Halfmex on
  • Options
    EriEri Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fewer will bother now, save for those who are truely OCD and want to cap their dailies.

    Blizz is very concerned about inflation and do things to try to keep it in check. They put in a 25 daily cap that gives you more gold, but also put in a NPC that you donate money to for rep. They also put in new patterns with a high pricetag. This all keeps the amount of gold out there somewhat reasonable and in turn, keeps those boe epics from getting ludacris.

    Eri on
    RcvUk.gif
  • Options
    BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    As far as I know it hasn't been announced yet, but, knowing that a big driver of MMO developer behavior is the need to get players to spend Gold, I have to think that a super-duper flight/swimming/bombing/cookyourbreakfastforyou type of mount awaits in Northrend. Training that mount skill will cost 10,000 gold and guess what ? you must have spent 5,000 gold on epic flight mount training first.

    There was a rumour going around about a swimming mount for Northrend, possibly a swan, a few weeks ago.

    I'm not entirely sure if it was a joke or not. I can't tell anymore.

    Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    As far as I know it hasn't been announced yet, but, knowing that a big driver of MMO developer behavior is the need to get players to spend Gold, I have to think that a super-duper flight/swimming/bombing/cookyourbreakfastforyou type of mount awaits in Northrend. Training that mount skill will cost 10,000 gold and guess what ? you must have spent 5,000 gold on epic flight mount training first.

    Not that I am bitter about this or anything, considering that I just learned that I needed epic mount training before I could purchase flight mount training. My previous flight-mounted toons were Druid and Paladin, so I never knew this gold-sink existed.
    Considering they've said they feel the current mounts to be a bit too fast I doubt they're looking to make faster ones. Also if they did introduce a new rank of riding they'd lower the cost of the previous one, as they've done in the past.

    It is a money sink (which is a good thing) but it's not nearly as big a deal as people make it out to be, it's not like it takes any real effort at all to accumulate the 1000g for flying, or the 5000g for speedy flying.

    815165 on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Homer wrote: »
    So did anyone else save up 100 marks of honor from the 4 different BGs so they can turn them all in for something like 30k honor on patch day?

    Ya, neither did I...

    Uh, actually I did...

    rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Considering they've said they feel the current mounts to be a bit too fast I doubt they're looking to make faster ones. Also if they did introduce a new rank of riding they'd lower the cost of the previous one, as they've done in the past.

    It is a money sink (which is a good thing) but it's not nearly as big a deal as people make it out to be, it's not like it takes any real effort at all to accumulate the 1000g for flying, or the 5000g for speedy flying.
    Well if you hadn't purchased epic riding and hadn't been very careful about saving your gold as you leveled to 70, the 800 gold for flight training would indeed be an effort. Not that I am bitter or anything.

    But you are right, if you hit 70 before doing the majority of the SMV/Netherstorm quests you will have no problem digging up 900 gold for flight + mount.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just don't know how you traveled on that slow ass 60% mount through outlands. You must have added so much time to your leveling because of that.

    shadowane on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Beren wrote: »
    There was a rumour going around about a swimming mount for Northrend, possibly a swan, a few weeks ago.

    I'm not entirely sure if it was a joke or not. I can't tell anymore.
    Earning gold for mount training and purchase is a big deal in TBC, and I'd have to believe that WOTLK will include something similar. You gotta think that it's been too reliable of a driver of the WOW economy to end it now.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    I just don't know how you traveled on that slow ass 60% mount through outlands. You must have added so much time to your leveling because of that.
    You're telling me. I especially enjoyed being the one guy on Offense in AV who always trailed behind the mob and got picked off by some pain-in-the-ass Rogue outside Belinda's bunker every stinking game.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Well if you hadn't purchased epic riding and hadn't been very careful about saving your gold as you leveled to 70, the 800 gold for flight training would indeed be an effort. Not that I am bitter or anything.

    But you are right, if you hit 70 before doing the majority of the SMV/Netherstorm quests you will have no problem digging up 900 gold for flight + mount.
    It's entirely about priorities, I think, for instance crafting doesn't interest me at all so I haven't had to sink money into that.

    It's not like you need to have both those zones left to afford normal flying. They'll net you about 3-4k gold, considering the drops etc. you'll get whilst there. I think the price of normal flying is a perfectly normal ammount of cash to have to hand by the time you hit 70, unless you've prioritised other things over it in which case there's nothing to complain about as you'll have your cool item or maxed proffession or whatever.

    815165 on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Beren wrote: »
    There was a rumour going around about a swimming mount for Northrend, possibly a swan, a few weeks ago.

    I'm not entirely sure if it was a joke or not. I can't tell anymore.
    Earning gold for mount training and purchase is a big deal in TBC, and I'd have to believe that WOTLK will include something similar. You gotta think that it's been too reliable of a driver of the WOW economy to end it now.

    It doesn't necessarily have to be mount training to be a money sink... It's always been a mount, because increasing your movement speed has been king.

    What about training you can pay for that allows you to fight on your mount? Or training that allows you to swim on your flying mount?

    I highly doubt they'll make more, faster mounts, considering the fact that Gryphon taxis fly at 400% run speed, and you can already get around faster in TBC by flying in a straight line (SCREW TAXIS!).

    rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd pay whatever they want if it means I could have 2 talent specs and swap between them whenever the fuck I want.

    815165 on
This discussion has been closed.