As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Posts Not Being Logged Into Search DB?

As it says.

Easy test, click on the post count of a thread then click on one of the names. Any posts made after the DOOM CRASH from last night (I think) won't show up in the search results. So someone could have 15 posts in a thread and only 13 will show in a search.

Aroduc on

• Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Aroduc wrote: »
    As it says.

Easy test, click on the post count of a thread then click on one of the names. Any posts made after the DOOM CRASH from last night (I think) won't show up in the search results. So someone could have 15 posts in a thread and only 13 will show in a search.
    The truf.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=7481&searchthreadid=53567 should show that VC has posted nine times in the Male Hormonal Contraceptives thread of D&D. The thread was made after the WTF BOOM crash, so nothing is showing up.

Satan. on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I am also noticing this.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I noticed this as well as something else that popped up on several computers (so it's not a cookie issue I don't think).

I would be looking at a Search Results page, and my PM inbox seems to roll back to the way it was some days ago. (As in, a couple of days ago my Inbox had 94 messages, I deleted some and I have 86, but when I look at the Search Results pages... and ONLY those pages... for some reason the Inbox now says 94 again.)

I only noticed because the popup notification would appear and show the latest PM I currently have, even though it's an old one I've already read.

Is that happening for anyone else?

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Incidentally, this also happens when you are banned.

This is a new "non-banned" user issue though, yes.

edit: I'm referring to the search thing, not the PM thing.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah my post aren't showing up in the DB either so i'm pretty sure this is a universal issue.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    things are, obviously, back up.

But, we are without a slave database, for now. Which means that search queries are not separated from posts and pageviews anymore. Which means that in some cases a post coinciding with a long-running search query might result in a 504 Gateway Timeout error, as everything is deadlocked during the search.

I'm not seeing it now, but it is late at night. I will monitor tomorrow, and may need to disable search, again.

Ramius on