As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Biggest douchebag in gaming?

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The King in Beautiful Katamari. He fucks up the universe, and gets ME his son to clean it up. And if I don't do it in his pre-allotted time he trash talks me and calls me worthless.

What a douche.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    qoc46t.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Samphis wrote: »
    You don't think the over-confidence and the witty remarks before totally wrecking somebody's junk isn't evidence of Spider-Man being a douche? He's awesome, but he is still a little douchey.

I'm trying to find characters that are just complete douchebags with NO redeeming qualities. Spider-Man is a cocky bastard but he fights for good. I mean, you could call the kingpin a douche, but he's not a complete douche, he looks classy, is smart and is a pretty cool character.

Then I say again, Tommy from Prey.

Also, any unkillable henchman from a Final Fantasy game. What, you started this fight you cocky sod, now I've kicked your ass around the park and you get to run away?:x

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, Spider-Man is kind of a sarcastic jerk and maybe a bit of a douche, but he's not full-on douche.

How about Silvia from Viewtiful Joe 2? Man was she an annoying bitch.

God yes. She was the sole reason VJ2 sucks. Seriously, nearly every problem in that game can be brought back to her presence. Immasculating Joe at every oppertunity, adding lots of un-necesearry fighting conditions and puzzles into the game. Seriously, play the game and NEVER use Sylvia unless absoultley, completley necesearry and skip every cutscene. The game becomes much, much better.

She is just a bitch in general, BUT she is.... sigh..... fighting evil, even if she is just tagging along and only because her daddy gave her the powers because she whined like the little bitch she is. She is a douche but not a COMPLETE douchebag unfortunatley.

Sorry, you kind of hit a nerve there.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, Spider-Man is kind of a sarcastic jerk and maybe a bit of a douche, but he's not full-on douche.

How about Silvia from Viewtiful Joe 2? Man was she an annoying bitch.

God yes. She was the sole reason VJ2 sucks. Seriously, nearly every problem in that game can be brought back to her presence. Immasculating Joe at every oppertunity, adding lots of un-necesearry fighting conditions and puzzles into the game. Seriously, play the game and NEVER use Sylvia unless absoultley, completley necesearry and skip every cutscene. The game becomes much, much better.

She is just a bitch in general, BUT she is.... sigh..... fighting evil, even if she is just tagging along and only because her daddy gave her the powers because she whined like the little bitch she is. She is a douche but not a COMPLETE douchebag unfortunatley.

Sorry, you kind of hit a nerve there.

I don't blame you for the tangent. She really was terrible. I vote her as complete douche because her negatives outweigh her positives, by far. I could say Kent isn't a complete douche because he at least rewards you for putting up with him.
    But that would be wrong. He's an annoying fucker through and through, and so is Silvia.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Am I doing it right?

Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

Itagaki.

itagakiix1.jpg

Man, everyone who says Itagaki is a douche bag is wrong. The dude is fucking awesome. Ridiculously fucking awesome.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Am I doing it right?

Itagaki_Thumbs_Up_MNT.jpg

Itagaki.

itagakiix1.jpg

Man, everyone who says Itagaki is a douche bag is wrong. The dude is fucking awesome. Ridiculously fucking awesome.

Doesn't change the fact that he looks like an oatmeal cookie.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Who the fuck put that in the wiki.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I enjoy games that let you play as a douche. Overlord is one of my favorites of last year, because you play as a total douche.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Morpheus, from the Legacy of Kain series. I wanted to gut that fucker so bad.

edit: and if the game Commandos 3 can be considered a "douchebag" then I nominate it as well.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    We had no oddjob or jaws. Also if anyone takes Jungle Commando before me you get kicked in the ear.

Those were the only rules.

edit: also I nominate this fucker:

ashpikacuddle.jpg

edit: after playing smash brothers, both of them

But...Ash was never in any of the Smash Bros. :?: o_O

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

http://www.cox.net/

ha. cox.

And he is a douche. He said his 5 least favorite game of all time were Tekken 1-5. And then there was the sexual harassment charge.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

ha. cox.

And he is a douche. He said his 5 least favorite game of all time were Tekken 1-5. And then there was the sexual harassment charge.

The sexual harassment charges were dropped, and I agree with every single bit of criticism he has for tekken. in fact, that's part of the reason he';s so awesome.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

ha. cox.

The sexual harassment charges were dropped, and I agree with every single bit of criticism he has for tekken. in fact, that's part of the reason he';s so awesome.

Must resist urge to derail..........................

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    250px-Vrookfull.jpg

For those who didn't know, this is Master Vrook from the Knights of the Old Republic series.

He is one of the Jedi Masters in this era and he always seems to throw his two cents in as to how your training is going. The other Jedi Masters will give advice/rhetoric/perspective. Vrook will basically insinuate whatever you did was wrong and proceed to tell you off like an errant child.

One particular favourite:
    In the Second Knights of the Old Republic Game, you are tasked to find some Jedi Masters in hiding. You come across Vrook in a cave, behind a force shield doing pretty much nothing to help the galaxy.

Strolling up to the bandits who have captured him you can try and negotiate with them for his release (Unfortunately not for them to overload the force cage). Due to their violent nature, a fight is inevitable, even if you are really nice.

You proceed to wipe the floor with this group and go over to Vrook's cage. Surely you must get at least a thank you for saving him right?

WRONG.

He basically calls you a dumbass for spoiling his master plan (Which involved him getting captured and eavesdropping, but not telling anyone back home) then he runs off.

Later you rally a defensive force, fix turrets and take on an entire mercenary army, cutting a path through the enemies of the innocent villagers.

His response? "Whatever, I still think we were right to kick you out earlier."

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    We had no oddjob or jaws. Also if anyone takes Jungle Commando before me you get kicked in the ear.

Those were the only rules.

edit: also I nominate this fucker:

ashpikacuddle.jpg

edit: after playing smash brothers, both of them

But...Ash was never in any of the Smash Bros. :?: o_O

Pokemon Trainer. Brawl.

'Tis basically Ash.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

I assume you mean Moebius there. In which case, I completely agree.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SimBen wrote: »

I assume you mean Moebius there. In which case, I completely agree.
    Wow, how did I get that one wrong? :o

Yeah, Moebius.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Makoto%20As%20a%20Boy....jpg

this guy was an ass clown.

Seriously I don't mind if a game character is gay... but come on... Makato was a stereotype of a stereotype!

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Mad Midget 5 in God Hand
    "Douchebags..."

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    l_g wrote: »
    The Mad Midget 5 in God Hand
    "Douchebags..."

:lol:

nice

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Definitely something here I want to chime in on, from way back on the third page:
    Drez wrote: »
    Oh and the Overseer from Fallout 1.

Fuck.
    You.

Play with the Bloody Mess trait or finish with negative karma/reputation, and you get one of the simplest, most glorious endings in all of video gamedom.

Also, it's my understanding that David Jaffe is kind of a douchebag.

nlawalker on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    nlawalker wrote: »
    Definitely something here I want to chime in on, from way back on the third page:
    Oh and the Overseer from Fallout 1.

Fuck.
    You.

Play with the Bloody Mess trait or finish with negative karma/reputation, and you get one of the simplest, most glorious endings in all of video gamedom.

Also, it's my understanding that David Jaffe is kind of a douchebag.

He got kind of pissy when God of War 2 was better than God of War 1 and everyone started pointing it out.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The generic xbox live users are pretty huge douchebags.

UnKnown Soldier on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The end boss from the PS2 version of Shinobi. The bastard hovers around and if you miss a jump its instant death.

Fucker.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Wocky from Ace Attorney 4. Imagine a clueless goober trying to be a tough gangsta, then multiply it by at least six.

Also, Fatal1ty. And anyone else that spells their name with a goddamn number.

I don't know who is worse: people with numbers in their name, or people who insist on surrounding their names with x's or other nonsense

NaH ThE WoRsT PeOPle do ShIT LiKe ThIs

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, how could I have not mentioned him yet?

s2-luca-blight.gif
    Act like a pig.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Arcibi wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Wocky from Ace Attorney 4. Imagine a clueless goober trying to be a tough gangsta, then multiply it by at least six.

Also, Fatal1ty. And anyone else that spells their name with a goddamn number.

I don't know who is worse: people with numbers in their name, or people who insist on surrounding their names with x's or other nonsense

NaH ThE WoRsT PeOPle do ShIT LiKe ThIs

xXwh4T 4b0Ut d1SXx

Peewi on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I second Master Vrook, and I'm gonna go ahead and add Bastila

what a snot that lady was

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PieManPieMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I think I win guys

DaveArmsCrossedLarge.jpg

Dave Perry, a man who had a bit part in an early 90s tv show and has rode on his reputation from there ever since.

PieMan on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    052.gif

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh please. Tomonobu Itagaki is a troll of the worst kind. I don't like Tekken either, but I'll be damned if I could honestly say that any of them fall into the "five worst games" category. It's not even possible to say that they are your five least favorite games unless you've only played about ten games in your entire life. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's boldface lying by a competitor. Tomonobu Itagaki is a dirty piece of shit that produces stuff like Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

I mean do you know how long it took me to complete Lisa's set of swimsuits and accessories? Like 60 hours!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Not explicit douchebaggery, but a recent marathon session of UFO Aftershock made me realize how much I fucking HATE some of the VAs used for units. If nothing else, UFO's notable for how terrible some of the voiceacting can be, though it usually gets balanced out to the point of tolorence, but there is this one woman among the voice sets that is the biggest fucking bitch you can imagine. Tell a unit using that set to do anything, and 2 out of 3 times she's going to bitch and piss and moan and whine about it: it's not even that she has different lines (all the units use the same general script) but her tone and attitude are so fucking uppity and sassy that I want nothing more than to take a sledgehammer to her face. :x

Sorenson on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    For that matter, Rufus Shinra.

It may be the apocalypse, but damn if they're not gonna execute Barret and Tifa to provide some calming entertainment for the masses!

Then again, the party themselves DOES act pretty douchebaggingly by going and sabotaging Shinra's efforts to save the goddamn world. I mean, maybe they're doing it misleadingly, but at least they're doing SOMETHING. Shooting a rocket at that meteor was NOT a bad idea. The party could've better spent their time, I dunno, preparing for the fight against Sephiroth or defending the people against the WEAPONs. The latter half of disc 2 is almost completely pointless, because it's Shinra's efforts that eventually punch a hole in the crater's shield, allowing the party to go in and kill Sephiroth anyway. Besides saving Cloud, the only thing you do while Shinra is actually doing something constructive is getting in their way and pissing in their punch. Makes Tifa, Barret, Cid and co. seem like a bunch of immature pricks.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SimBen wrote: »
    For that matter, Rufus Shinra.

It may be the apocalypse, but damn if they're not gonna execute Barret and Tifa to provide some calming entertainment for the masses!

Then again, the party themselves DOES act pretty douchebaggingly by going and sabotaging Shinra's efforts to save the goddamn world. I mean, maybe they're doing it misleadingly, but at least they're doing SOMETHING. Shooting a rocket at that meteor was NOT a bad idea. The party could've better spent their time, I dunno, preparing for the fight against Sephiroth or defending the people against the WEAPONs. The latter half of disc 2 is almost completely pointless, because it's Shinra's efforts that eventually punch a hole in the crater's shield, allowing the party to go in and kill Sephiroth anyway. Besides saving Cloud, the only thing you do while Shinra is actually doing something constructive is getting in their way and pissing in their punch. Makes Tifa, Barret, Cid and co. seem like a bunch of immature pricks.

It's the classic debate: Who was evil in Star Wars? The Rebel Alliance? Or the EVIL DARK EMPIRE KILLERS?

The Rebels of course. The death star would never have existed if those planets didn't resist.

Honestly, if you try to resist enslavement you might as well blame yourself if a laser beam destroys your home planet.

Uhm...I'm not sure where I was going with this.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh please. Tomonobu Itagaki is a troll of the worst kind. I don't like Tekken either, but I'll be damned if I could honestly say that any of them fall into the "five worst games" category. It's not even possible to say that they are your five least favorite games unless you've only played about ten games in your entire life. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's boldface lying by a competitor. Tomonobu Itagaki is a dirty piece of shit that produces stuff like Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

I mean do you know how long it took me to complete Lisa's set of swimsuits and accessories? Like 60 hours!
    I see what you did there...
    Itagaki's still a douche.

I'd just like to add that what really solidifies Kent in Dead Rising as a douche, is that in order to pass his first fucking challenge, you have to take a picture of him attacking a zombie. Thanks to the wonky controls while using the camera, it could take some time before being able to capture the correct moment.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Live players annoy the fuck out of me.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was just saying yesterday with my brother:

Goro, from Shenmue, was the biggest douchebag ever, but not like a BAD Douchebag. Just a goofball douchebag who'd come and kill your mojo when you were talking to a girl or getting close to finding your dads killer. He wasn't the mean, sadistic, evil douchebag. Just your run of the mill douche.

YO, BROOOOO!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PieMan wrote: »
    I think I win guys

DaveArmsCrossedLarge.jpg

Dave Perry, a man who had a bit part in an early 90s tv show and has rode on his reputation from there ever since.

I don't know about him being a douche. All I know is he was behind Earthworm Jim and Sacrifice. I can't see any reason to hate the man unless he anally violates kittens and sets orphanages on fire.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
This discussion has been closed.