As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Dinner & a Movie [HELP WANTED]

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
edited June 2006 in PAX Archive
Okay, this is for everybody who will be in Bellevue by Thursday August 24th.
There has already been expressed interest in a dying poll (go vote if you can find the poll, it was still on the first page as of this post) about what the Pre-PAX movie should be. There has also been the Pre-PAX dinner which I have not attended before. I am proposing that we find a restaurant near the hotels/PAX area and reserve the whole damned thing. A little while ago, I called Azteca to see if we could reserve for an insane number of people which I assumed would come to dinner if there was in fact a semi-official dinner. They spoke of essential closing the restaurant to everybody but the PAX eaters. There were several methods of food service they mentioned, including serving everybody from a small selection of the meno or having a buffet of some kind. Personally, I'm in favor of the buffet, with some kind of pay as you enter setup. Unfortunately, I live far away from the west coast, which makes it difficult when it comes to finding nice dining for the Pre-PAXness. Is there a Seattle local willing to take on the challenge of setting up restaurant goodness for the satisfied stomaches of all?

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

Posts

  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited April 2006
    I'm a Seattle/Bellevue area native, and I'd like to help with the effort. Please drop me a line so we can discuss what needs to be done. :)

    astayonix at juno dot com

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    If you want to do a nice pre-pax dinner don't go to Azteca. Go a few blocks over to Lincoln Square and eat ay Maggiano's Little Italy or Mcormicks & Schmicks.

    Weaver on
    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    MMMmmmm....Maggiano's.....hopefully this will be a semi-late thing....i dont get into SEA until 10:30pm...

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Anyone else like Thai food? The BEST Thai food I've ever had is at Chantanee, in downtown Bellevue.

    http://www.chantanee.com/

    Doc on
  • KhorinKhorin Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Myself and a buddy of mine are definitly in for a pre-pax dinner so long as it doesn't crossover with the canadians dinner :P

    -Khorin

    Khorin on
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    I have a fucking fantastic idea. We combine two things that everyone loves:

    driveinlogo.gif

    &

    gogx.jpg

    AceRimmer on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    AceRimmer on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Doc on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Doc wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Seconded!!

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    i will definately be doing some bar hopping at least for a little bit....then the hotel bar might be my best friend....

    Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Doc wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Double feature?

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited April 2006
    I don't think any single movie theater (not the multiplex, the theater itself) could handle all the madness

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    I bet Cinerama could:
    after03.jpgafter04.jpg

    But will they be showing either of those movies? Probably not. :cry:

    AceRimmer on
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    AceRimmer wrote:
    I bet Cinerama could:
    after03.jpgafter04.jpg

    But will they be showing either of those movies? Probably not. :cry:

    Yes, but I doubt EVERYONE would want to travel to Seattle to go to Cinerama. :P

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    Fados

    Weaver on
    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • PolagoPolago Registered User
    edited April 2006
    YAY, i'll totally get to attend whatever crazy fun dinner you guys conjure. I'll triple the vote for snakes on a plane too. :)

    Polago on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    Fados

    Yes. Also, that's like 5-10 minutes from my house, so it works doubly well for me. :P

    Marcus's Martini bar is great, and it's only a couple of blocks from Fado.

    Doc on
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    Fados

    Yes. Also, that's like 5-10 minutes from my house, so it works doubly well for me. :P

    Marcus's Martini bar is great, and it's only a couple of blocks from Fado.

    Yeah, Pioneer Square would work for a pub crawl as long as we avoid places with cover charges. My neighborhood is Capitol Hill, though, and there are plenty of interesting places to go just on Pine St and Pike St alone. Also, my friend is a bartender at the Summit Pub, which is on Mercer and Republican. It's more north Capitol Hill.

    BTW, where do you live, Doc?

    AceRimmer on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Seconded!!
    Samual L. Jackson was in my Casino/Restaraunt last about a week ago. I bussed the table for him, hes shooting a movie around here. I'm 99.9% sure its snakes on a plane. I really wanted to ask him about it but I didn't want to bug him when you could tell he was really trying NOT to be noticed.

    Shade on
    I make weird crap and put it on the internet!
    youtube.com/user/justamusingmyself

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/cannoncore
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    Fados

    Yes. Also, that's like 5-10 minutes from my house, so it works doubly well for me. :P

    Marcus's Martini bar is great, and it's only a couple of blocks from Fado.

    Yeah, Pioneer Square would work for a pub crawl as long as we avoid places with cover charges. My neighborhood is Capitol Hill, though, and there are plenty of interesting places to go just on Pine St and Pike St alone. Also, my friend is a bartender at the Summit Pub, which is on Mercer and Republican. It's more north Capitol Hill.

    BTW, where do you live, Doc?

    I live on Beacon Hill. For some reason when I tell people that, they think "Rainier Valley/MLK Blvd," even though that's not it at all. It's actually a very nice area.

    Doc on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Shade wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Seconded!!
    Samual L. Jackson was in my Casino/Restaraunt last about a week ago. I bussed the table for him, hes shooting a movie around here. I'm 99.9% sure its snakes on a plane. I really wanted to ask him about it but I didn't want to bug him when you could tell he was really trying NOT to be noticed.

    Yeah, I was watching a movie today with a few friends (and a pet rat, but sssh!) and we saw a trailer we swore at first was Snakes on a Plane. Meaning, the trailer featured planes. It wasn't, and we were sorely disappointed.

    The next trailer was cool though, since it featured a building that I might be living in come May! (Yay X-men 3 and distinctive Vancouver landmarks ;))

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Doc wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    Well, that should cover dinner?

    What goes better with that than...


    DOA: Dead Or Alive

    IN THEATERS AUGUST 25, 2006

    Based on the popular DEAD OR ALIVE video games, this action-packed popcorn movie focuses on a group of gorgeous, highly trained, and scantily clad female fighters.

    Fuck that. Snakes on a Plane comes out the week before PAX.

    Sounds great, but it opens on the 18th. I'd planned to be all over that movie like... well, something on something else. My mind's a blank here.
    I guess I can wait a week

    EDIT: This movie is based on the Metal Gear Solid franchise, right? Right?

    slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Snake? SNAKE?? ...
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

    AceRimmer on
  • the doughthe dough Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Yeah, what exactly is all this snakes on a plane business? Someone explain this movie to me.

    the dough on
  • flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    the dough wrote:
    Yeah, what exactly is all this snakes on a plane business? Someone explain this movie to me.
    Snakes + a Plane = Snakes on a Plane.

    SHIT SON! SNAKES ON A MOTHERF'KN PLANE!

    flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User
    edited April 2006
    How about the trailer?

    SNAKES ON A (motherfucking) PLANE!

    AceRimmer on
  • the doughthe dough Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Now I understand.

    the dough on
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I'm diffently looking forward to participating in this.

    Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I should be there, and I will totally attend if I can! Keep me posted man.

    MrPulsar on
  • edited May 2006
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    If you know of places that don't ID (I am now in the final strech, but not quite there) I will be all over that as well as the dinner and what-not. I am moveing to Marysville in a few weeks so I will need to find PA people to hang out with too.

    YF 19 AVF on
    500sig.jpg
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    YF 19 AVF wrote:
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    If you know of places that don't ID (I am now in the final strech, but not quite there) I will be all over that as well as the dinner and what-not. I am moveing to Marysville in a few weeks so I will need to find PA people to hang out with too.

    Just about everywhere cards, aside from hotel/house parties.

    Doc on
  • edited May 2006
    Doc wrote:
    YF 19 AVF wrote:
    AceRimmer wrote:
    Also if anybody wants to go clubbing or bar hopping or whatever, I live in the city and I know good places to go.

    If you know of places that don't ID (I am now in the final strech, but not quite there) I will be all over that as well as the dinner and what-not. I am moveing to Marysville in a few weeks so I will need to find PA people to hang out with too.

    Just about everywhere cards, aside from hotel/house parties.

    Damn. There is this really great place near my house down here that don't check IDs. The age of 20 really sucks.

    YF 19 AVF on
    500sig.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    You can get into places around here being under 21 where those 21+ can still drink around you.

    Weaver on
    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Last year my birthday was the day before pax. I held a grand dinner at cucina cucina in bellevue the night before. They are good about accomodating large groups of people. I was thinking of doing this again this year because my birthday is actually day 1 of pax this year. Plus, I like having a large group of people celebrating me.

    arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    arithena wrote:
    Last year my birthday was the day before pax. I held a grand dinner at cucina cucina in bellevue the night before. They are good about accomodating large groups of people. I was thinking of doing this again this year because my birthday is actually day 1 of pax this year. Plus, I like having a large group of people celebrating me.

    :roll: :P

    Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    arithena wrote:
    Last year my birthday was the day before pax. I held a grand dinner at cucina cucina in bellevue the night before. They are good about accomodating large groups of people. I was thinking of doing this again this year because my birthday is actually day 1 of pax this year. Plus, I like having a large group of people celebrating me.

    :roll: :P

    thank you for your oh so valuable input

    arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.