As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Horde PvP,Obsidian Spur,Sargeras: Recruiting!

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I don't see why people inquire about classes on EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

If you are curious about raiding, currently the only thing we don't need is warriors and rogues. Druids in particular need more dedicated players.
    Lies. We need all the rogues in the world.

But no more moonkin. Unless you dance.

Hmm, looking at your CTProfile I would have expected you to be a Rhino.

Seg on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    The only thing the raid needs is more Femorcs.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I don't see why people inquire about classes on EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

If you are curious about raiding, currently the only thing we don't need is warriors and rogues. Druids in particular need more dedicated players.
    Holy shit you're fucking fat.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2006
    There's a reason why my bookmark to Curse-Gaming now leads to a German version of the site, right?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    There's a reason why my bookmark to Curse-Gaming now leads to a German version of the site, right?
    your a facist nazi?

oh wait, thats lithid...

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Must... resist... urge...

I wanna play my mage and rogue! But I don't want to spend money on a game card!

Question: How many people in OS are around 33? Because that's what level my mage is on Sargeras.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Heroth wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    your a facist nazi?

oh wait, thats lithid...

As opposed to the communist nazis and the lesser-known but even more devious democratic nazis.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    KingMole wrote:
    Must... resist... urge...

I wanna play my mage and rogue! But I don't want to spend money on a game card!

Question: How many people in OS are around 33? Because that's what level my mage is on Sargeras.

Jenkins and dhavlesh and a few others have an Alt group they're working on, and as of last week they had just hit 30. There are about 3-4 of them.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Im leveling a mage that after patch will probobly be over 30 in less than a week :D

Kai_San on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, I have a few Characters around 30ish. A rogue and a Priest.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Wulf wrote:
    Yeah, I have a few Characters around 30ish. A rogue and a Priest.

Dhavlesh is a femorc, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    CultistCultist Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm ashamed of myself but I have been contemplating returning to WoW. I honestly don't know if I have the heart to level up another 60 though. I've been through MC, BWL, and dabbled in AQ before I quit, but I was playing a Warlock alt in the days before I left and was having fun with it.

What always ended up ticking me off on the servers I played was invariably ending up in a guild that may have been good, but way too involved in the game. If this is indeed a more casual guild where I won't need to set aside my entire personal life under penalty of gkick, I will think about it.

Cultist on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Cultist wrote:
    I'm ashamed of myself but I have been contemplating returning to WoW. I honestly don't know if I have the heart to level up another 60 though. I've been through MC, BWL, and dabbled in AQ before I quit, but I was playing a Warlock alt in the days before I left and was having fun with it.

What always ended up ticking me off on the servers I played was invariably ending up in a guild that may have been good, but way too involved in the game. If this is indeed a more casual guild where I won't need to set aside my entire personal life under penalty of gkick, I will think about it.

We handled this: We are esentially 2 guilds one guild (Team eXecute [named so because in our early days we would end up takin 7-8 warriors to MC]) which handles all Raiding rules, schedules and what not and Obsidian Spur which is a much more casual environment but with the option of raiding if you so desire. This way we were able to create some strict raidin rules (we only raid 4 nights a week so we arnt HARDCORE crazy mofos) whiles still keeping OS a fun place. But we are one group of people who use the same vent and have a chat channel in game which is kinda like guild chat.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    And some of the Team eXecute members will watch your back if they wander near you while you are out leveling up.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Seg wrote:
    And some of the Team eXecute members will watch your back if they wander near you while you are out leveling up.
    Not OS though; we'll just laugh at you and alert Alliance to your presence.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Wombat02 wrote:
    We handled this: We are esentially 2 guilds one guild (Team eXecute [named so because in our early days we would end up takin 7-8 warriors to MC]) which handles all Raiding rules, schedules and what not and Obsidian Spur which is a much more casual environment but with the option of raiding if you so desire. This way we were able to create some strict raidin rules (we only raid 4 nights a week so we arnt HARDCORE crazy mofos) whiles still keeping OS a fun place. But we are one group of people who use the same vent and have a chat channel in game which is kinda like guild chat.

Yeah, I read the thread. :wink:

Well damn, I bet my wife just felt a shiver 200km away as though an evil presence was about to re-enter our house. I will definitely consider it. Are there any rules as far as builds go? Ex if I decide I want to play a Stormstrike Shaman just because I can, or a Shadow Priest, you know the deal.

Cultist on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    For raiding there are loose requirements for specs. Thought it really depends on which class you are. And as we continue to improve on clearing BWL and the like, these requirements loosen up.

Molten Core really doesn't matter, however. Same with 20man instances.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Bastards.

I'm in.

I will be playing very casually from time to time, unfortunately when you have an 8 week old puppy in your house you don't have the luxury of sitting down for long periods of time.

Cultist on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Chloroform

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Beats having a kid.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Septus wrote:
    Chloroform
    chloroform.gif
    ?

wrong_button on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I could never use Chloroform on Doctor Kisses.

puppy.jpg

His name is not actually Doctor Kisses.

Cultist on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Seg wrote:

Most of OS's established level 60s made their bones in the bad old days before Battlegrounds, when getting ganked in world PvP was the only game in town. We have no patience for people who complain about ganking or having to fight for the right to level up in a certain area.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Cultist wrote:

puppy.jpg

You need to slap a NSFW tag on that picture. Here I am, taking a little break, and all of a sudden: PUPPY PENIS!

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Briareos wrote:
    Cultist wrote:

puppy.jpg

You need to slap a NSFW tag on that picture. Here I am, taking a little break, and all of a sudden: PUPPY PENIS!

for those who do not know, erinyes here rapes puppies.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rentilius wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    Cultist wrote:

puppy.jpg

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Hey so, I'm home now and installing the client. Since I've been away for a few months I'm a little out of the loop - I'd like to find a good place to download the cumulative patches without having to go through Blizzard's shitstain of a torrent. Any recommendations?

Edit - To clarify I do see the links to the patch sites in the stickied thread, but I'm not sure if they will work from a fresh install of WoW.

Cultist on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Cultist wrote:
    Hey so, I'm home now and installing the client. Since I've been away for a few months I'm a little out of the loop - I'd like to find a good place to download the cumulative patches without having to go through Blizzard's shitstain of a torrent. Any recommendations?

Edit - To clarify I do see the links to the patch sites in the stickied thread, but I'm not sure if they will work from a fresh install of WoW.

I just started up again myself, and the patch it was downloading only had a single version number, not x to y like the patches on those sites. I just ended up using the downloader, which they seem to have improved. At least it doesn't choke my connection to death anymore.

I need to try and figure out who my main is going to be before trying to get into OS. Altitis dictates that I at least need enough characters to cover all of the production and gathering professions, so I'll try to get them all to 10 or 20 and see where I'm going from there.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    NyahNyah Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I can never, ever quit this game.

If you're accepting lurkers, I've got a large chunk of free time.

I'll probably go by Dasm, thinking warrior.
    Or does Sargeras have a startling overabundance of warriors, just like every other realm...

Nyah on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    la la la la la la la la la i am trolling the wow forum

sup dudes

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Briareos wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Seg wrote:

Most of OS's established level 60s made their bones in the bad old days before Battlegrounds, when getting ganked in world PvP was the only game in town. We have no patience for people who complain about ganking or having to fight for the right to level up in a certain area.

Actually the situation I am speaking of happened during a PvE encounter. It kind of shocked me to get healed and then watch both of the mobs that I was fighting drop dead.

As for getting ganked by Skulls? I don't worry about it, normally when I get back to my corpse the person is gone.

Seg on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2006
    I'm tempted to transfer to Sargeras when it's available and if it's not already full and I'd be interested in joining OS, how are you guys doing on Rogues, sword spec rogues in particular.

This is my main as of now, working on getting a few other things but by the time transfers are available I should be good to go. http://ctprofiles.net/1598529

I tried to get to your guys' website but it's down or unavailable for some reason. What are your raiding times like if and when it's available. I'm currently busy between 4-6PM PST and then I suppose I'd better get another job or something after I get done moving in the middle of this month but that will probably be a morning position.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm tempted to transfer to Sargeras when it's available and if it's not already full and I'd be interested in joining OS, how are you guys doing on Rogues, sword spec rogues in particular.

This is my main as of now, working on getting a few other things but by the time transfers are available I should be good to go. http://ctprofiles.net/1598529

I tried to get to your guys' website but it's down or unavailable for some reason. What are your raiding times like if and when it's available. I'm currently busy between 4-6PM PST and then I suppose I'd better get another job or something after I get done moving in the middle of this month but that will probably be a morning position.

We have many, many rogues.

Raid invites usually start at 6:30 server with the raid starting to roll at 7. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Sunday is the earliest I can get a gamecard.

How are you guys doing on mages? And priests?

Also, what happened to the website? I'm looking at you Jinnigan.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Yeah, the website is hurting right now, as the company the DNS name was purchased from was bought out by some other company, and the name was removed from certain registry's, despite still having 6 months left on the lease. It was supposedly resolved yesterday, and we are just waiting for the name to propagate to all the different servers.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    HybridSoraHybridSora Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Rentilius wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    Cultist wrote:

puppy.jpg

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

The puppy, or the penis?

HybridSora on
    siglololo.jpg
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Hey guys.
    I've been on Sargeras for over a year now, I just realised a few months ago that Pennyarcade has a whole frickin guild over here, and it's frickin Obsidian Spur!

anyways just wondering how OS/eX raids are handled. I know team eX runs the fancy stuff.
    do you need seniority in OS to get into team eX?
    does obsidian spur raid ever?
    pvp raiding even?
    is there a waitlist to get into team eX?
    and how often do you guys raid? (BARRAGE OF QUESTIONS)
    as much as I dislike my guild situation, we run a 5of7 day raid week and signing up AQ and ZG almost guarantees an invite. MC and BWL are for the most skilled/vets I understand, but my question is if I were to drop my 2 60s how long would it take before I was kicking Nefs ass alongside you guys?

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Nalouto wrote:
    anyways just wondering how OS/eX raids are handled. I know team eX runs the fancy stuff.
    We pretty much have a ranking system that allows X of a class in. Too much of a class and lower ranks get bumped. Warriors and Rogues in particular get shaved off constantly.
    do you need seniority in OS to get into team eX?
    You need to be level 60 and have a serious desire to raid.
    does obsidian spur raid ever?
    Your guild has no impact on your ability to enter raids. Several OS veterans remained in the guild and are some of the top-ranked people in their class. It all depends on what kind of enviroment you want. If you want a serious enviroment for raiding and like-minded people, you join TeX. If you want to be cool, you stay with OS.
    pvp raiding even?
    We used to do World PvP quite Frequently, and now we are starting to form a BG raid that is having some success when all the right people join.
    is there a waitlist to get into team eX?
    No. You may switch to TeX at 60.
    and how often do you guys raid?
    BWL: Wednesdays and Nef attempts on Mondays. If we have not killed all of the three drakes Wednesday, we finish them up on Sunday.
    MC: We now do a single night clear on Tuesday. Trying to speed things up so currently we tend to go a little late.
    AQ40: Thursday and Sundays (assuming no BWL on Sunday)
    Onyxia: Sunday
    ZG/AQ20: Kinda sporadic timing on these two.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm not a member of the WoW community anymore but I'd just like to take my time to vouch for Obsidian Spur as perhaps the most rockingest guild around as far as having a mix of casual and "hardcore" gamers go but most of all they love to have fun.

MOONFIRE!

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited June 2006

Let me say once again that Obsidian Spur is open to all Penny Arcade forumers regardless of game experience or character race and class (you must be Horde, obviously). If you are joining just for the sake of raiding, it is also irrelevant what class you are, because our raid spots are full.

From time to time, a spot for a particular class does open up in the raid, but our sister raiding guild, Team eXecute, accepts applications on a rolling basis, and holes in the raid tend to be filled very quickly.

Please stop asking what class we need, particularly if you haven't even rolled the character yet. We would rather have a happy guild member who enjoys her class than a guild member who rolled a particular class only to find out that we don't need another character of that class in our raid after the character hits 60.

Specifically to ReverendSin, your rogue is currently way behind our rogues who can't even get into BWL. You are welcome to join us and begin raiding ZG and AQ20, which tend to be guild pick-up groups. Don't expect to get anywhere near MC or BWL until you are well-established with the guild and better geared through the 20-person instances.

For reference: Erinyes (me) is a sword rogue. Her profile: http://ctprofiles.net/526623 That's what you are competing against if you want into MC or BWL.

Edit: ReverendSin, don't take what I said as an insult. You have the best gear a rogue can have before getting serious about PvP or raiding. But at this point, our raiding rogues (even the least advanced) are way past you.

Double Edit: http://216.146.73.74/obsidianspur.com/ is the direct IP for the OS website. Currently, the login script points to www.obsidianspur.com, so you get an error when you try to log in. After you get the error, if you edit the URL that appears to remove "www.obsidianspur.com" and replace it with "216.146.73.74/obsidianspur.com" (minus the quotation marks), you will be able to get into the site and browse around and post without any trouble. Of course, this is a pain in the ass, and no one does it but me, so there's no activity on the site right now. I hope this gets fixed soon, but I am not in control of it so I have no idea when it will be set right.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]