I've been seeing a few more posts from people looking to start-up guilds or play WoW with PA people. I don't want people to forget about us if they are looking for a home. OS has opened up recruitment again, and there will always be space for PA folks in our guild. In fact, you might say that we're looking for that PA edge. Some quick information on the guild:
- Decent size guild, not huge, probably about 100 active unique accounts, guild total is > 250, so I'm making a WAG about how many individual accounts we actually have.
- We have a sister guild, Team eXecute that organizes and runs an Onyxia, MC, and BWL raid. Team eXecute is only for lvl 60 raiding characters, and the emphasis is of course on raiding. The raid is currently stuffed, but there is a limited rotation of newer people into the raid.
- We actually have a good mix of levels and classes in the guild, and there are new people and alts starting all the time. This is not an elitist lvl 60 only guild, or a pure 'leveling' guild that people abandon when they find a raid spot.
What I'm looking for:
- I would like to add a critical mass of PA folks back into the guild. I'm not aiming for SE++, but I like a healthy and interesting /guild and I still think that the PA crowd is a touch above the random WoW person.
- As the existing raid is full, I don't want and don't need people that only want to raid. I would ideally like a nice core group of people who are interested in contributing to the guild atmosphere, running events (PvE, PvP, or whatever), and otherwise taking a very pro-active role, rather than a "I'll show up and someone will entertain me" type of role.
- One of the things I'm personally interested in is having the people to have a consistent, weekly, guild event. I don't personally have the time to organize this unfortunately, and most of our current officer corps is similarly preoccupied. Thus, what I need is a new group of people, people who are interested in maintaing and improving the OS community more than they are worried about raiding. The same energy and time that you might put into founding a new guild or starting on a new server could be applied to our existing guild and you'd have a nice playerbase to work with.
More later, but food for thought.