edited May 2008
    Amaranth wrote: »
    Do I have to unlock my bonus songs? :\
    I can only see one just now

yep!

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Amaranth wrote: »
    Do I have to unlock my bonus songs? :\
    I can only see one just now

Yeah, you start with the easiest song for whatever instrument unlocked first. You have to play through them to get the other 12.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is it kind of weird that I hate each and every one of the bonus songs?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008

Even Time We Had?

Geez.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    reach42reach42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

Even Time We Had?

Geez.

not even I Get By?

reach42 on
    reach42.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only song I really hate from the bonus songs is I'm So Sick. Not knocking Flyleaf altogether, but playing is on any instrument is a challenge in staying awake so you don't fudge up strumming or tapping along with the monotonous track. Don't even get me started with the shitty vocals and broken talky.

I'm a big fan of Outside, Day Late Dollar Short, and Nightmare. I'm indifferent to I Get By since it gets no love from anyone online and I know if I pick the song that the drummer will fail out repeatedly (in most cases).

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Legacy wrote: »

Even Time We Had?

Geez.

I love that song so much on Bass.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I certainly don't hate any of the bonus songs, but I don't like any of them either. None of them are goods songs or are interesting to play from my experience.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Outside is pretty fucking interesting to play on everything.

The guitar is interestingly mapped and you need to be quick to get through the section with the hammer ons between the notes. Drums is viscious. It's kind of like Orange Crush but faster.

Arikado on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I am fond of I Get By.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

The guitar is interestingly mapped and you need to be quick to get through the section with the hammer ons between the notes. Drums is viscious. It's kind of like Orange Crush but faster.

Future One-man Rock Band song? :-D

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »

Future One-man Rock Band song? :-D

If you do that I will pick I Get By.

Arikado on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It could be, midgetspy, but that wont be up to you this week. :P

I'm thinking more along the lines of, say, Ride the Lightning.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jesus Christ, Hysteria is fun-facking-tastic to play on base and guitar. Finger tapping the entire last 20 seconds of the song (expert) also makes you feel pretty awesome. Haven't had a chance to try drums yet, since I've got my 360 set up elsewhere right now, and my drums are on the other side of the city.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    JoahW wrote: »

Actually, I'd like to see some of the really hard songs for the One-Man Rock Band. I was thinking one of the Metallica songs or Working Man would be great picks because it seems like a lot of people have them and they're hard enough to where scores would be a pretty good distance between each other among the normal high scorers.

But then again, I can't win the thing to save Devil Moses, so what do I know?

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well there's already a pretty huge gap between the top and bottom of the pack... although since you mention it I would love to try GG&HT some time, hehe

midgetspy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    i think I'll join in again once people stop picking double-strum-omg songs.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    What? We did More Than A Feeling last week! And I don't double-strum Suffragette City either, lol

midgetspy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    1) i didn't have it then
    2) i was in another state
    3) i was also in the hospital

I've felt better since i bought the song though. Did I anger the Boston gods?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps, but you've appeased them by buying it now :0) I was just confused because I thought you were implying it was a double-strum-omg song, haha

midgetspy on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    playing guitar online NOW. Looking for some rock buddies. :)

GT SmugDuckling, friend of Rock Band PA.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hey, I'm boredline retarded for asking, but how does one get their bass scores to show up on Leaderboards? Quickplay doesn't record them.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quickplay does record your scores, but you have to wait awhile for the leaderboards to update, the same as with your career scores for the other instruments.

Captain K on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ah, ok then. I've been goofing around on bass awhile and was wondering.

Christ the bass opening to Hysteria wrecks me hard right now.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    As long as you're signed in to the instrument, your scores will be saved in Solo Quickplay and recorded onto the Leaderboards whenever they update.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Omeks wrote: »
    JoahW wrote: »

Actually, I'd like to see some of the really hard songs for the One-Man Rock Band. I was thinking one of the Metallica songs or Working Man would be great picks because it seems like a lot of people have them and they're hard enough to where scores would be a pretty good distance between each other among the normal high scorers.

But then again, I can't win the thing to save Devil Moses, so what do I know?
    I don't have any songs in this particular quote tree. I think we've already determined that the winners are probably going to be the same small group week after week. Picking a difficult song would probably increase the frustration for anybody else. Wouldn't bother me since I only do it for fun (and a little competition...) but if a lot of hard or frustrating songs were picked, I know I'd be less likely to keep playing.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Woot, I added 600k to my vocals career in the last 2 days! I think that was most of the low hanging fruit though, and it's probably gonna be a wee bit more difficult to keep it growing :0)

midgetspy on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If the scores are saved in solo quickplay is there somewhere to actually view them in game? I'd rather not have to bother with the leaderboard just to see my high quickplay scores.

Schide on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Woot, I added 600k to my vocals career in the last 2 days! I think that was most of the low hanging fruit though, and it's probably gonna be a wee bit more difficult to keep it growing :0)

That's what DLC is for!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha, I bet if I went back I could get so many more points on my vocal career. I have quite a few 3* on-disc songs. I probably wont get around to it though, because I don't do solo singing very much.

As for picking hard songs for the competition- I think a hard song every now and then isn't a problem. If the songs too hard you could always do it on easier difficulties. You might actually get a higher score on hard than someone else gets on expert. (I was actually top 10 on Ride The Lightning drums for a while when it first came out with a hard score. I felt kind of bad because I was above a bunch of expert people. That could never happen now though, because the top drum people are a lot better.)

I'm just not fond of scores being determined by SP usage.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

That's what DLC is for!

I am going to go ahead and assume that you don't know that DLC doesn't contribute to one's career score.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Have I mentioned that my girlfriend is freaking awesome??

We ended up just playing Rock Band/shooting the shit for like 3 hours. It started with her on Expert guitar and me on Expert drums taking on Band World Tour. We gold star a fair number of songs along the way. After a few setlists, she takes on vocals for a bit. She mixes in medium/hard depending on whether or not she knows the songs and does extremely well. After that, she decides to try drums for a few songs and ends up doing well on easy.

After all our BWT stuff, we then end up doing some solo guitar stuff. She ends the night by 5-starring Hysteria on Expert Guitar. :D

I <3 her.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Have I mentioned that my girlfriend is freaking awesome??

We ended up just playing Rock Band/shooting the shit for like 3 hours. It started with her on Expert guitar and me on Expert drums taking on Band World Tour. We gold star a fair number of songs along the way. After a few setlists, she takes on vocals for a bit. She mixes in medium/hard depending on whether or not she knows the songs and does extremely well. After that, she decides to try drums for a few songs and ends up doing well on easy.

After all our BWT stuff, we then end up doing some solo guitar stuff. She ends the night by 5-starring Hysteria on Expert Guitar. :D

I <3 her.

My wife has no motivation to move past medium guitars. Which I understand, we all enjoy games in different ways so it's cool. Just kind of puts our BWT in a rut.

She can however do hard/expert vocals but I usually have to dump a few drinks in her to get her to do that. Maybe now that she's on her summer break (she's a teacher) I can arrange that more frequently..

I'm a little jealous.. but then again your gf is better than I am so I guess I shouldn't talk :lol:

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »

For the record, it's pretty much the entire song.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »

For the record, it's pretty much the entire song.

yeah, that riff doesn't really let up for 5 minutes =D awesome.

Nalouto on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

That's what DLC is for!

I am going to go ahead and assume that you don't know that DLC doesn't contribute to one's career score.

Yes that is true!

So, it's been a few months since I've really played Rock Band, especially the drums. Me and my friends are getting together to do the Cars album, and since I'm the only one who actually owns Rock Band, drumming generally falls to me. So I figured I'd better get back in practice on Expert drums and decided to replay the expert career, and maybe even manage to get past where I got stuck before.

Goodness gracious fuck Maps.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

So, it's been a few months since I've really played Rock Band, especially the drums. Me and my friends are getting together to do the Cars album, and since I'm the only one who actually owns Rock Band, drumming generally falls to me. So I figured I'd better get back in practice on Expert drums and decided to replay the expert career, and maybe even manage to get past where I got stuck before.

Goodness gracious fuck Maps.

Haha on expert? I still can't past that song on hard. Fuck Maps indeed. Actually more so fuck GGHT on medium which is where I am stuck right now. Though I have ton several songs on hard during BWT.

corin7 on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    While I'm nowhere near expert level on anything else really, I could probably get through maps if I could just learn the different bits. The main part is easy to play once you know what you're doing, but it's the bits after the chorus that I can't do to save my life yet.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I found 'Maps' to be one of the easier tracks to learn though practice, and seeing someone else play it on expert, you just need an iron stomping leg =D at least the song is consistent.

it's 'Epic' that has me stuck right now on expert drums... >_> (same tier i think..)

Nalouto on