Options

Warhammer 40k: witty stomp-joke goes here

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Tentacle pink has also been removed from the citadel paints range. So if your local store has some BUY IT NOW!

But how will I make my Slaaneshi daemon's schoolgirl harassment appendages pink and friendly looking?

Err...I mean...pink Tau! (true story, a guy I used to play with has something like 2000 points of bright pink Tau).

Mix flesh colours into the purples and you can get pinks much more natural looking anyway. Enough Lich and Elf flesh and you can probably make tentacle pink pretty spot on.

Heehee, I don't actually play Slaaneshi. I have some miscellanious Space Marines, and I'm thinking of expanding into Tau, and I have over 5000 points of BFG Imperials.

That was just a joke about hentai :lol:

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Where are those from and where can I find the greenskins.
    The new Apocalypse reloaded book.
    I had a look at a copy but the only ork one i can recall was a deffcopta skwadron. It let you do...er...something.

Got it from warseer. They only had the IG ones listed.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey I just thought up a fun strategy for,
    Fix On My Coordinates!: This has got to be one of the funest one of all. Basically you pick any squad with a Vox Caster. You make a leadership role and if you pass an Orbital Bombardment will drop Exactly right on top of that Vox Model. Heh! I'm not exactly sure, but I believe this asset can be played at any time...

Take a bunch of Last Chancers and give them Vox casters. Deep strike them onto the board as close as physically possible to the target. Drop a bunch and hope one lands close enough (or in 5th "run" them closer) Call in the strike. Suicide Last Chancers just got a lot more powerful.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Let's see if I can resurrect this sucker.

New Forgeworld Newsletter has some pictures of the Death Korps Engineers all painted up. These have been out for a while now, but seeing them painted makes me want them for my Steel Legion army.

engineerp1.jpg

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh Fuck!

Commissar Lord!
    CommissarLord-Gamesworkshop.jpg
    Oh shit there's like 4 of them in different poses with different guns at the bottom.

Computer done interior of a Valkyrie
    PlasticValkarieInterior-Gamesworksh.jpg

New Skorcha
    WarbuggyScorcha-Gamesworkshop.jpg

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Commissars!

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    3clipse wrote: »
    SJ wrote: »
    widowson wrote: »
    It Burns wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I started playing and fielded two Ion Cannon hammerheads in a 700pts game against infantry heavy marines. That was over too quickly to be enjoyable. D:

Speaking of which, is the "Fish of Fury" tactic still viable in the new edition?

I.E. you disembark a 12 man squad of fire warriors within 12" of an enemy, use the transport to shiled them so they can't be assaulted next turn and you unload about 30 STR 5 shots at what you're shooting at.

If anything I think it's better. If you're only in range of one guy you can still kill the whole squad :D

Starting a Mech. Tau army is looking more and more attractive...hmm...

Guess I should kiss my next paycheck goodbye.

I would wait until the next edition is out if "fish of fury" is the driving force behind making mech tau. I don't recall having seen anywhere in fifth the rule that skimmers don't block line of sight, so either you'll not be able to shoot or you'll be giving the enemy a 4+ cover save.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys,

I think I'm going to do a Step by Step - Building and Painting of either the Epidemius I just bought or the Death Korps of Krieg squad at ease I bought last year.

Any preference?

standsquadstore.jpg Vs. newimagevt3.gif

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I would wait until the next edition is out if "fish of fury" is the driving force behind making mech tau. I don't recall having seen anywhere in fifth the rule that skimmers don't block line of sight, so either you'll not be able to shoot or you'll be giving the enemy a 4+ cover save.

Why, exactly? You can just turn your devilfish to the side/around before you dump the firewarriors.

edit: I mean yeah I know the vehicle blocks LoS etc but you don't have to shoot under it.

SJ on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Isn't the whole point of fish of fury to put the devilfish between the firewarriors and their enemies? I guess I had neglected to consider the case where you want to block one enemy unit and fire on a second in which case it works fine, but unless you want to give the enemy a coversave you aren't going to be able to stop the unit you're shooting at assaulting your firewarriors short of killing enough of them.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ok, I've almost finished building Epidemius. Just finished formatting the pictures. Posting soon.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I think I'm going to do a Step by Step - Building and Painting of either the Epidemius I just bought or the Death Korps of Krieg squad at ease I bought last year.

Any preference?

standsquadstore.jpg Vs. newimagevt3.gif

DEATH KORPS!!!!!!!!!!

Today I just painting one of my unfinished Death Korps Grenadiers in the same color as my Steel Legion just to see how it would compare. I think it fits in and gives a good impression of a better equipped, better trained solider than the standard Legionnaire. I'll be doing the rest the same way.

Definitely thinking of getting a squad of those DK engineers as they will help bridge the gap between the old SL models and the new DK stuff, since it has a lot of the elements of both. (Short jacket like SL, helmet like DK. Stuff like that.)

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Too late! I just posted the first part of me painting Epidemius.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    goddammit.

Any money I end up earning isn't going to be lasting long.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just have to throw this out there - I got an honorable mention on GW's Gamesday coverage. :D

Also incredible: If I'm not mistaken, the gold winner for the open category is the one you got at the door at gamesday, meaning he painted it right there.

One last addendum: I just got the new Citadel washes today. Oh my god they are excellent. It's like autopilot for painting miniatures.

Ein on
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My God. Did you see the Slayer Sword paintjob? That guy who took first place out of everyone?

The details on that Inquisitor are totally blowing my mind.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh wow, that's an amazing paintjob.

Edit: Looking over it, I hate to say this, but I cannot see what is supposed to be so impressive about that Dred. I really can't.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Edit: Looking over it, I hate to say this, but I cannot see what is supposed to be so impressive about that Dred. I really can't.

I guess it's more impressive in person? All NMM'd out and stuff. I don't really give a crap though. It looks static and boring.

SJ on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SJ wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

I guess it's more impressive in person? All NMM'd out and stuff. I don't really give a crap though. It looks static and boring.

It doesn't even have an interesting pose, the base is the default Dred base etc etc.

Maybe there is just something I can't see from looking at a picture.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, like I said, the NMM is pretty good, and the banner was probably what did it.

It's weird. I totally didn't even notice the slayer sword winning mini, I thought it looked way too busy. I was more preoccupied with photographing the fighter bomma pilot infront of it. :P

Guess I have greener priorities.

Ein on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Okay, so apparently I can't use my Legion of the damned with my sisters of battle. In the book it says you can't Use space marines, with any adeptas sororitas in the army, and my whole army consists of that since I am WITCHUNTERS and not imperial guard.. Anyone have any idea the reasoning for this?

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    DampCatDampCat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I cant see the big deal with the Dred or the Centaur tbh. You were robbed.

That Solomon Lok mini is incredible though. It -is- busy, but just wow.

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
    "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COOK MOTHERFUCKERS".
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Seperation of church and state. I'm pretty sure they explain it right there in the Codex.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well in the codex it says an Inquisitor will only call on the forces if the Order Militant can't handle it, or can't respond in time. But I don't see a in Game reason for it, just kinda annoying because now I have to build up my Marines before I can use them..

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The in-game reason is balance. Building an army with the SoBs configured to ripshit at close range especially with their faith points, while you use the SM to make up for the SoB's deficit of long range firepower would give you a massively overpowered list. By limiting you to the non-SoB units in the WH army, you can't make a list that abusive.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I didn't think about it like that, but than again my SoB list is not at all powerful so I guess I didn't see adding marines helping me win that much.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SoB's have a pretty nasty short range game, especially with faith points figured in. However, they are severely lacking in long range, and high strength weapons, with the Exorcist tank and multi-melta pretty much being all they got. Combine them with marines, who have devastator squads, predator annihilators, and can take las and plas in their line squads and you've got an army that no longer has any sort of long range disadvantage.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DampCatDampCat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Guys, i cant access the GW site at work (:( ). Can anyone re-host the slayer sword winner's entry so i can show my boss? would really appreciate it.

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
    "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COOK MOTHERFUCKERS".
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Too late! I just posted the first part of me painting Epidemius.

I was the only one that even replied, as well. :(

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ziac45 wrote: »
    Okay, so apparently I can't use my Legion of the damned with my sisters of battle. In the book it says you can't Use space marines, with any adeptas sororitas in the army, and my whole army consists of that since I am WITCHUNTERS and not imperial guard.. Anyone have any idea the reasoning for this?

The Inquisition army books forbid taking Marines as allies when using Sororitas (or any non-Codex variants regardless), but ity does allow you to take SoB as allies to a Marine army, including variant chapters.

Rules-wise they didn't want players using a solid core of elite troops backed up by scores of cheap Dominion & Seraphim squads, or x3 Exorcist artillery tanks. But since you can only take 1 elite, 1 fast attack, and no heavy support as allies, a couple Battle Sister squads is no big deal.

Background-wise, there's quite a few inter-organization rules, conflicts of interest, and chains of command involved in the Sororitas not asking for space Marine aid, 'separation of church & state' in the 41st millennium not being one of them.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I was making a glib reference to the separation of Ecclesiarchy from most military assets following Vandire's reign of assholishness.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was making a glib reference to the separation of Ecclesiarchy from most military assets following Vandire's reign of assholishness.

You are so glib, man, you don't even know what the Ecclesiarchy is; I do. I've done the research. :P

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    *edit* I could've sworn there used to be another post here.

The Emperor has been kidnapped by orks! Am I a glib enough dude to get him back?

1182498637112ex4.jpg
    Apparently not. BAWWW!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

The Emperor has been kidnapped by orks! Am I a glib enough dude to get him back?

1182498637112ex4.jpg
    Apparently not. BAWWW!

Oh man, someone has to make a model out of that.

I'm looking right at you Jam.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

1182498637112ex4.jpg
    Apparently not. BAWWW!

Oh man, someone has to make a model out of that.

I'm looking right at you Jam.

I would actually pay for that model. What would it be, a custom Zzapwagon or whatever those shocky ork vehicles are called?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Payday today! I've started budgeting myself on "entertaiment stuff" like Warhammer things and 360 games. I'm trying to fix up and restore my car so I'm saving up a bunch of money for parts.

Anyway my plan is to limit myself to around $60 per pay period.

Purchases for this period:
    Steel Legion Officer 1
    Steel Legion Officer 2
    Steel Legion Commissar
    Steel Legion Squad

This will bring my Steel Legion to 3 full squads, (My older SL squad will be repainted in the traditional colors to match) a platoon HQ, and a command HQ. Added to this I'll have two full stormtrooper squads made out of Death Korps Grenadiers, and a full squad of Ratlings (Hey the doctrine list says they use them and I have the models).

I still only have two Chimeras, so my next purchases will be more transports so the current force will be mechanized as per the fluff.

I've basically put my orks/Crimson Fists on hold till the new starter set comes out. My ork army plan is pretty dependant on Death Kopters and Nobs and I'm too cheap to buy the older metal ones. Also the SMs will be going towards the CFs.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    scary1.png
    scary2.png
    scary3.png
    scary4.png

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aahahaaha!
    Oh dear.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yey! Games Day Toronto tomorrow!

I think I'm going to buy the Forge World Great Unclean one....

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I'm thinking about starting up a thread to do development on an Adeptus Mechanicus list. Would anyone be interested in pitching in?

Salvation122 on
This discussion has been closed.