As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hugging the [chat] out of 'em

• Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I made veggie pancakes this weekend--

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Mix with some flour and an egg, cook in a skillet.

Sweet potato pancakes sound like something I might kill a man over.

Choose your weapon, sir!

Irene just admitted to having a penis, everybody.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Holy shit, Puzzle Quest is fun. The Wii version's not ideal, but it's still fuckawesome.

It was fun for the DS, I don't think I need to bother buying other versions right?

Probably not. It didn't mention anything about extras on top of the handheld versions.

The DS version didn't have cooldowns, so you could spam some of those screen-clearing attacks if you had a way to recoup mana. That's the major difference. Also online play and downloadable extras.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Jesus christ those sound good

Isn't egg a no-no for vegetarian?

I ain't no veggie.

Also I think some of them eat eggs. Vegans don't though.

Medopine on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    Fevers are fun too. I remember one where I was fairly certain I was hallucinating (and was aware of it). Scared the shit out of me to have a fever that high.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Choose your weapon, sir!

I think she was agreeing she would also kill a man.

That man being you.

Medopine on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I only have to shave my face, because no one cares whether or not I shave anything else. Plus I keep all the rest covered up pretty much always anyway.
    I need to wear more revealing garments than I normally would (and I dislike those sorts, typically) in these transitional seasons since otherwise I get an uneven and insufficient tan that will make it impossible to wear more revealing clothes when I don't have a choice.

Since this manifests itself in things even as minor as where boys and womens' shirts sleeves end, I spend a lot of time lounging in front of windows with no shirt on. :/

All the "hot" girls here use tanning-beds.

Women that use tanning beds always look like they have skin as tough as saddle bags.

Ehhh... not always. Some of them tan responsibly, and it doesn't have that effect. Their skin-tone still generally doesn't look real, though. And that's off-putting.
    Seriously, Pale is much more attractive than artificially tanned.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Only if you're a vegan.

A long time ago on these forums, I had an argument with some vegans who put their kid on an all vegan diet. It got a little vicious because I basically called them stupid and wrong. About a year later, the dude involved came back and was complaining that his kid had been diagnosed with ricketts.

I wish that I hadn't let my arrogance get to me, because I let him have it and basically straight out said it was his fault.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Vegetarians can eat eggs and still be vegetarians. They can not, however, eat fish.

Quid on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Veggie being short for vegetable, not vegetarian.

Recipe:

Ingredients
    2 medium-sized baking potatoes
    2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
    2 carrots
    4 tbsp minced green onion tops
    1 tbsp flour
    1 beaten egg
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper

Directions
    1) Peel potatoes.
    2) Shred potatoes and carrot.
    3) Wrap shredded potatoes and carrot in paper towels and squeeze the fucking moisture out.
    4) Combine ingredients.
    5) Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
    6) Drop mixture into skillet by spoonfuls and flatten to form thin pancakes.
    7) Cook until browned on bottom (2-5 minutes), turn and cook other side.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Choose your weapon, sir!

I thought you were using "man" in that male chauvinistic way to refer to all humans. Does that mean you'd hand over any sweet potato pancakes if I asked you since I'm not a man?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Holy shit, Puzzle Quest is fun. The Wii version's not ideal, but it's still fuckawesome.

It was fun for the DS, I don't think I need to bother buying other versions right?

Probably not. It didn't mention anything about extras on top of the handheld versions.

The DS version didn't have cooldowns, so you could spam some of those screen-clearing attacks if you had a way to recoup mana. That's the major difference. Also online play and downloadable extras.

I wonder if this is also true for the Wii version. I didn't play it on the DS or PSP, so I don't know.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Vegetarians can eat eggs and still be vegetarians. They can not, however, eat fish.

They just apparently think so. I dunno.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Potato
    Sweet Potato
    Carrots
    Green Onions

Only if you're a vegan.

A long time ago on these forums, I had an argument with some vegans who put their kid on an all vegan diet. It got a little vicious because I basically called them stupid and wrong. About a year later, the dude involved came back and was complaining that his kid had been diagnosed with ricketts.

I wish that I hadn't let my arrogance get to me, because I let him have it and basically straight out said it was his fault.

I need to find that blog again. The one where a mother photographs the vegan lunch she sends to school with her kid every day.

Medopine on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    My cousin died at the age of 24, Aegeri. :(

What was the cause ?

Bowel cancer.

That sucks haps, were you close?

He was like a big brother for me. He died nearly 20 years ago, though.

That's hard to take. I remember when my great grandmother died, I was fine at first and then just woke up crying knowing I'd never see her again.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I need to find that blog again. The one where a mother photographs the vegan lunch she sends to school with her kid every day.

The primary problem was that they put their baby on that particular diet. The developmental problems were going to be obvious.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I thought you were using "man" in that male chauvinistic way to refer to all humans. Does that mean you'd hand over any sweet potato pancakes if I asked you since I'm not a man?

I would trade with a woman. Services. Trade services.

Yessssss.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate my ears.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It's very hard to be right in a world full of people who are wrong. I completely sympathize. ;)

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008

It's very hard to be right in a world full of people who are wrong. I completely sympathize. ;)

Being right is one thing, being over vicious and non-sympathetic because you were right is another. Especially to someone who clearly realised what they had done.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

The primary problem was that they put their baby on that particular diet. The developmental problems were going to be obvious.

Like, instead of breast milk? Or what?

Medopine on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Some vegetarians argue the fish thing by saying the meat's "different" enough or that fish don't really suffer. Which makes me wonder if they've ever seen a fish gutted and cleaned. Shit's not a pleasant experience for the gilled participants.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Being right is one thing, being over vicious and non-sympathetic because you were right is another. Especially to someone who clearly realised what they had done.

Yes, but you are only human.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Speaking of medical conditions that aren't terminal or debilitating, but still suck, I would have to say my fucked up ears are the most irritating.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Some vegetarians argue the fish thing by saying the meat's "different" enough or that fish don't really suffer. Which makes me wonder if they've ever seen a fish gutted and cleaned. Shit's not a pleasant experience for the gilled participants.

It's dead by the time it's gutted.

Bonking salmon on the head with a wooden club, however...not so pleasant for Mr. Fishy. :(

Medopine on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So instead of studying the development of language amongst the canaanites, hebrews, and phoenicians yesterday, my friends and I had a day long bbq because none of us smoke pot. It was pretty glorious.

Plus, I learned how to ripstick.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2008

You silly, only furry cuddly things have the ability to feel pain!

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008

They used soy milk and all this other crap instead. Said they had passed it through some 'vegan nutritionist' (which I immediately assumed to mean "random fucking idiot") and whatever. Basically, the lack of protein, iron and other things in the diet led to the obvious development of ricketts, that I predicted straight off.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    And done! Cut all that I needed to.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Speaking of medical conditions that aren't terminal or debilitating, but still suck, I would have to say my fucked up ears are the most irritating.

Cauliflower ear? Are you a UFC fighter?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    I don't think people like it when I make H/A threads, so I'm just going to ask here.

Is it or is it not creepy or otherwise not kosher if I try to make friends with and insert myself into the social system of the high school down the street? It's $13 round-trip off-peak fare into New York City, and the other 'major city' (White Plains) is $4 round-trip on an infrequent bus and even less likely to work since ... well, neither of those are very likely to work since I don't know anyone and "oh, I live 45 minutes away, I just came here to make friends" seems like a poor hook.

I really want friends. I have limited means. I'm also going on 21. I feel really icky about the idea but I don't know what else I could do.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I find this funny coming from someone who has said they'll probably become a vegetarian except for fish, because "I hate fucking fish, they deserve to die."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Yes, but you are only human.

There is nothing to be gained from being vindictive from feeling right about someone screwing up.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

What's up with your ears?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

They used soy milk and all this other crap instead. Said they had passed it through some 'vegan nutritionist' (which I immediately assumed to mean "random fucking idiot") and whatever. Basically, the lack of protein, iron and other things in the diet led to the obvious development of ricketts, that I predicted straight off.

Why would a vegan not use their own breast milk? This is utterly confusing to me. Vegans are all about not harming animals, but uh, the milk comes from Mommy.

Yeah can't wrap my mind around that one.

Medopine on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fuh fuh fuh ban fuh fuh fuh

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    There was some woman on TV with her kid and they were on a diet that did not allow any meat, grain, milk or anything heated. The kid looked /really/ pale and he was very small for his age (but I guess all the crap we put in meat this days has something to do with that). The kid said that when he was cold his mother would pull his meal through the blender so it would be a little warmer.

Thankfully, it was on Dutch TV and the co-host called the mother an extremist and that he hoped the child protection agency was watching as she was clearly not taking good care of her child.

Aldo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Breast Milk is the devil (only because I'm allergic to it). Goat milk could be used to punish your children.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

And now I go get my own lunch

Medopine on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Depends on whether you define pain as sensory impulse reactions or "cognitive stress"

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Why would a vegan not use their own breast milk? This is utterly confusing to me. Vegans are all about not harming animals, but uh, the milk comes from Mommy.

Yeah can't wrap my mind around that one.

These people were both extreme and that kids aren't breastfed forever anyway. There are in fact people who won't breastfeed their babies, trying weird 'alternatives' or whatever. I frankly don't get it, but some people are seriously fucking stupid.

Aegeri on
This discussion has been closed.