As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week 04/30/08

12346»

• psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah he totally ruined issue zero there. :P

I'd say that Invincible is a wittily written view at what life would be like for an actual teenage superhero. I love the fact that super-fights in Invincible are show as being vicious and bloody things and that Mark is genuinely scared about having to told back in order to avoid maiming people.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm a little (read: way) off-topic but I cannot abide a factual error that was earlier in this thread.

In libertarianism, conscription is enslavement: Link. mattharvest's position is very much not libertarian, from his support of conscription to the cardinal sin of defining liberties positively rather than negatively. I'm just saying this so that four years from now, I'm not arguing with someone who came out of this thread with a misguided sense of what libertarianism is.

Sorry if I end up rederailing this thread, but there's too much nerd in me to let that one pass.

Note: I make no claims as to Libertarianism, as defined by the Libertarian Party of the United States.

hippofant on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Algertman you are like a black hole of ignorance, so dense that you threaten to collapse in upon yourself and pull everything good and right around you into crushing oblivion.

See this is why you just put him on your ignore list and never have to deal with it again.

smokmnky on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    So is there someplace that shows what the scarab's symbols in Blue Beetle mean?
    I'd love to read some of what it says, but I'm pretty lazy

Me Too! on
  • John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    So is there someplace that shows what the scarab's symbols in Blue Beetle mean?
    I'd love to read some of what it says, but I'm pretty lazy

It's usually really easy to pick out words and work from there. Most of the letters look similar to their English counterpart and then from context you can pick it up.

If you're really that lazy though you can grab it here (not my post btw, just the only time i've seen it put online).

It's fairly easy once you recognise the more common letters to just start figuring out the words.

John the Skrull on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It is only recently that they have been writing actual dialogue for the Scarab. In the early issues, I think it was a lot of gibberish, and at one point, just being the words "Scarab Speak" (or something along those lines. A clear place holder from the script)

Lux on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, DC Universe Zero did not live up to the expectations I had about it. The Machine Man part of Marvel Comics Presents was nice though - "Recently I've started drinking."

Wildcat on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Algertman you are like a black hole of ignorance, so dense that you threaten to collapse in upon yourself and pull everything good and right around you into crushing oblivion.

HAHA Works every time.

No, but for real, if you have yet to read Invincible do it. DO IT NOW!

Algertman on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    It is only recently that they have been writing actual dialogue for the Scarab. In the early issues, I think it was a lot of gibberish, and at one point, just being the words "Scarab Speak" (or something along those lines. A clear place holder from the script)

It's not recently, they've been doing it since issue #5.

Garlic Bread on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Oh gods, Skrull Mini Marvels in the back of Marvel Adventures: Iron Man

Just for Mask:
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/Matthew_Morrison/miniskrull-1.png

Wildcat on