As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Invincible Iron Thread: The Movies, The Comics, The Ephemera

14567810»

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    few can

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    those pics arent loading for me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    okay I rehosted them

but you already know what they are bale

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Why isn't his neck made of adamantium!?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    because Daredevil has a stick

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Robots should stop putting all their important stuff in their head parts.

Lux on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I went to see the film last night. I was not disappointed.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »

Glad to hear it. Only 2 people until now have said things like "I didn't like it" to me.
    Good sign, I suppose.

Megamaniaco on
    Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It has got me so pumped for Iron Man that I am going to go out and buy tacky Marvel figure shit of IM this week. It got me so pumped I'm even thinking about Sideshow film tie-in replicas.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Glad to hear it. Only 2 people until now have said things like "I didn't like it" to me.

They are the problem.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

They are the problem.

This.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The DVD came out today. I watched it with my brother tonight. Damn that movie is good.

On a related note, I haven't been reading the Director of SHIELD book. I know that the most recent issue is about War Machine and that its gonna turn into his own solo book, but in general has the Director of SHIELD comic been any good? Like would it be worthwhile to pick up some trades?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've enjoyed it, it was a bit shakey after Extremis but everything since it changed to Director of Shield has been very enjoyable

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Knaufs run was pretty good. You just have to sort of accept that everything kind of existed in its own universe. I mean at one point Tony's put on administrative leave but you still see him running around with the Avengers in other books. It's sort of like what Brubaker got to do with Captain America. There is a WWH issue or 2 though. All in all I'd say pick it up.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The WWH tie-in is important in retrospect because in it he told Dugan that there is a system set up to transport Manhattan into the Negative Zone, and only Dugan can activate it.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The WWH tie-in is important in retrospect because in it he told Dugan that there is a system set up to transport Manhattan into the Negative Zone, and only Dugan can activate it.

Pretty fucked up that it turned out to be Skrull-Dugan with his finger on the trigger.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I picked up the special edition at HMV here in Toronto, and it came in a regular dvd case with a shiny sleeve, like I expected it to. No special tin or t-shirt, but it wasn't much more expensive than the base edition, and I really wanted to see the special features.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It doesn't come out in the UK until the 27th! Bastards!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God you know you're in trouble when it's out in Australia before you... available from the 9th over here :)

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Pretty fucked up that it turned out to be Skrull-Dugan with his finger on the trigger.

To be fair, the Dugan in the Director of SHIELD comic acts like Dugan would. Probably because no one let the writers know. IIRC, he was replaced around the time Cap was killed, but in the first DoS issue he wants to resign because Tony's a dick. But even in the last arc he's pretty gung-ho Duganish for a Skrull.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Iron Potts is awesome. Don't believe me. Read this week's Iron Man. She totally stole the show. Man. I would read a whole comic about her saving dudes.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not sure if I said anything spoiler worthy about Potts, but I erred on the side of caution.
    I like Iron Maiden or whatever, though her going from "War sucks, why don't you just go kill more people Tony!" seemed a bit jarring. But even then, her saying she has no offensive capabilities is a bit of a misnomer. Magnetism and Force Fields? I've seen villains do more with worse.

I do hope that eventually we get some team action with her and Tony because I think it would be so great.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    What hapenned to him erasing his mind?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Currently, the only affect's been he's been kind of sluggish in his mental faculties. Keeps talking about how it's "Not as easy as it used to be".

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I didn't realize it until Fraction said so explicitly, but his brain is basically devolving, which is why he keeps having to switch to older, less advanced armors that his shriveling brain can operate.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is it going back to his pre-extremis days, when he was just super smart, or is it Flowers for Algernon now?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Flowers.

Crimsondude on