Options

PAX 2008 Button Exchange! Updated OP 8/9

• Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, I thought we were closing this on the 8th. The 18th leaves me very little time to put this together, especially with the CCST departure so close from that date.

We're closing button submissions on the 8th. But I was going to leave the stragglers a few days to get images of their buttons up. If the 18th is too late, we can do it a little earlier then. I was just trying to leave time for people to actually get their buttons, as opposed to submitting the design

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, I thought we were closing this on the 8th. The 18th leaves me very little time to put this together, especially with the CCST departure so close from that date.

We're closing button submissions on the 8th. But I was going to leave the stragglers a few days to get images of their buttons up. If the 18th is too late, we can do it a little earlier then. I was just trying to leave time for people to actually get their buttons, as opposed to submitting the design

Do you want me to resubmit my button with the new pic?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    lordthanda wrote: »

I think for the checklist it would actually be better to have the image file, instead of a picture of the actual buttons. Maybe its just me?

Edit: RE-submitted my bonus button to the spreadsheet because I couldn't remember if I had done so or not.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well noone expressed any interest, but I decided I wanted one, so I went ahead and ordered 50 of:
    fruitd.jpg

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    Well noone expressed any interest, but I decided I wanted one, so I went ahead and ordered 50 of:
    fruitd.jpg

I would totally want one of those! I probably just missed it while scanning.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aye, I totally didn't see it Skarsol! I think at one point the thread was moving so fast that I missed whole pages between readings. =(

It's an awesome button! Me wants! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    skarsol wrote: »
    fruitd.jpg

Dibs!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ok pin idea 1. comments? :3
    pax08_pp_pin01.png

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    I'm not really feeling it

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Buttons ordered, I did two designs, one of which I've changed my avatar to reflect. The other I'll put up later.
    button.jpg

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    poo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    And another design *shrugs*
    pax08_pp_pin02t.png

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    You might want to at least use an illustration that was drawn in pen.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2008
    I have none. Drew that in '99.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mine have arrived! (still haven't got my damn pass yet!)
    I'm pretty satisfied with the way they turned out
    2aa3ab6a.jpg
    bf4e8306.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so, I have no artistic abilities... But I can cut and paste. So I thought I would make a simple button that would remind everybody where PAX began...
    wombat.jpg

I want to know what you guys think before I order them.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Would anyone be willing to let me ship my buttons to them and get them from them at the con? I wanna make sure I'll get them in time, and I live in Canada. If someone will do that for me I'll submit my order for buttons. I'm using my avatar, simple, but to the point.

Also, what does it mean when they ask for a digital proof? and if my artwork is in their template?

Hammy on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The template part is asking if you snagged one of the templates off their site (like the 1.5 inch) and put your artwork on that, within the lines, etc.
    As for proof, i can't even remember. lol...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Does anybody have an address where I could snag a good copy of the PAX 08 logo? Just like the one Coldbrew has on his button.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hammy wrote: »
    Would anyone be willing to let me ship my buttons to them and get them from them at the con? I wanna make sure I'll get them in time, and I live in Canada. If someone will do that for me I'll submit my order for buttons. I'm using my avatar, simple, but to the point.

Also, what does it mean when they ask for a digital proof? and if my artwork is in their template?

The template is the outline provided on their site. If your art is in one it makes it easier on them, and save you 5 bucks. The digital proof is like a preview that will show exactly what the button wll look like. its not necessary if ur works in a template, because u already know what its gonna look like

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Big Guy wrote: »
    Does anybody have an address where I could snag a good copy of the PAX 08 logo? Just like the one Coldbrew has on his button.

Honestly man I couldn't find one either until this started:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=65313
    BTW The original version that was posted when that began was different, the logo was unaltered so I could easily crop it. I had been looking for one forever too lol

That's where I got it from, but here's a blank version for ya
    b3931bcc.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    awesome! thanks!

Big Guy on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Crap! In my typical procrastinatory fashion, I will be ordering my buttons tomorrow. I'm getting 100 of 'em. In fact, I might go for 200 (two different designs) and then hand out any leftovers at whatever other cons I go to this year. We'll see how nuts I feel.

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Slightly updated the poster thing, now that I have mine. If I missed anybody let me know. (only posting pics of the actual buttons for a more "real" look)
    4701d9b3.jpg

again, just because i can, and Age of Conan is taking a ridiculously long amount of time to install and i need something to do. XD

EDIT: -redhalo, i moved my images on my photobucket account so my image doesn't show up on the OP anymore, just FYI. I also got my buttons so you can use that one anyway.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ok, I think this is what I'm gonna order.
    wombat-1.jpg

Big Guy on
  • Options
    TrichotomyTrichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ackk.
    I put my order through a while ago, but it said there was an error. I haven't had time between 9-5 EST to call them as that's 6am-2 my time. I'll probably just put another order through and if I get both, all the better. I do live in Canada, but if I put a rush on the order, it should be fine.

Unsurprisingly I am of three minds on what to send as my design if i do order again.
    Star.jpg
    White.jpg
    Trich.jpg
    Above are the three options. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Trichotomy on
    This is my signature. It is funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I am officially in. I just placed my order for 100 of these:
    wombat-1.jpg

It's not very original, but I like it...

Big Guy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    wow so i just decided to count my buttons and realized i got 96, and ordered 50. That's what I call an Epic Win for me and an Epic Fail for PureButtons. Oh well, I sure as hell can't complain. One of them was kinda ripped too, but no worries.

Woot!
    948f1e8f.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ordered:
    pax08_pp_pin06.png

only got 50, might make another set tomorrow.

edit: set 2, 50 buttons
    pax08_pp_pin08.png

thanks to me for all the work i put into it. [tiny]and uh coolchip too for redrawing it for no reason which made me guilt tripped into making this second set.[/tiny]

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    RARGPHLAM wrote: »
    So my buttons arrived, and I'm pretty pleased with them. Wish that the face was a little more centered, but oh well.
    0806081806gy4.jpg

God. Damn. You. You ordered yours less than a week ago, didn't you? They haven't even shipped mine.

Anyway, I'm glad the design came out looking good. Hopefully I did just as good a job on mine. I can't wait to see Hatter's.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i received mine within a week of ordering as well, i dunno how lol. I even got more then i ordered. XD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey button crew! I am thinking about getting in on this action really late in the game. My question is, for the artwork... does the outer edge of the dashed border of the template line up with the edge of the pin, or do I have to put what I want on the pin INSIDE the dashed line?

awesome_med.png

is what is probably going on my button, for example.

Actually that's an interesting quandary... border or borderless? *begins much photoshopping*
    EDIT-O-MATIC: I just checked out some of the designs, and under "Bonus" I saw the "Mr. Yuk" button, which is exactly how I want to do this. So... template advice?

Edit O Matic, Mark II: Second, minimalist design, which I will probably also look into doing (?)
    simplelogocopyjx5.jpg

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The inner circle is the "face" of the pin, but your border/background should extend all the way to the outer circle. Everything between the two circles, while not legible, will be visible on the edge of the buttons as it wraps around to the back.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    NEWS everyone!!

Buttons.
    2891173750101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

BUTTONS!!
    2018424620101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

Also...

Bonus Button Ordered Today
    2161832380101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

I ordered 100 of them. One of which is reserved for LewiePs Mummy for giving me the idea way back on page 79.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey button crew! I am thinking about getting in on this action really late in the game. My question is, for the artwork... does the outer edge of the dashed border of the template line up with the edge of the pin, or do I have to put what I want on the pin INSIDE the dashed line?

awesome_med.png

is what is probably going on my button, for example.

Actually that's an interesting quandary... border or borderless? *begins much photoshopping*
    EDIT-O-MATIC: I just checked out some of the designs, and under "Bonus" I saw the "Mr. Yuk" button, which is exactly how I want to do this. So... template advice?

Edit O Matic, Mark II: Second, minimalist design, which I will probably also look into doing (?)
    simplelogocopyjx5.jpg

Here it is on the 1.5 inch template. If you were looking at other sizes, this is out you should set it up. I put the original artwork up to the dotted line, and filled the rest in with black so the wrap around will all be black.
    2i1e1j8.png

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Many thanks LTAcosta!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    sum10fishy wrote: »

Bonus Button Ordered Today
    2161832380101416252S600x600Q85.jpg

WANT! My retarded self couldn't hear what the doofy kid was saying so for the first several puzzles I kept thinking he was saying "Legions of Briton saves the day!" instead of Layton's apprentice. I kept running around saying it. My husband still thinks I'm retarded.

And ColdBrew you missed my Harley one on the poster- it's not in the 'committed' section on the frontpage, I think it just get skipped. We've got so many people, I'm not even sure 100's going to cut it.

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    PureNellPureNell Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Greetings. My name is Pernell and I wanted to post here as both my introduction to the boards and also to mention that I wanted to be a part of this Button Exchange. Funny enough, my buttons arrived today (I ordered 100) and I look forward to trading them with everyone.

This will be my 2nd PAX and I'm very excited about being there! ^_^ Definitely looking forward to more shopping at Pink Godzilla.

PureNell on
  • Options
    Strife23Strife23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trichotomy wrote: »
    Ackk.
    I put my order through a while ago, but it said there was an error. I haven't had time between 9-5 EST to call them as that's 6am-2 my time. I'll probably just put another order through and if I get both, all the better. I do live in Canada, but if I put a rush on the order, it should be fine.

Unsurprisingly I am of three minds on what to send as my design if i do order again.
    Star.jpg
    White.jpg
    Trich.jpg
    Above are the three options. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

Number 3 is pretty cool, but then again number 1 is also awesome. tough call. Flip a coin or something.

Strife23 on
    I feel like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and gained more power.
    Strife23105039_thintag.gif
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Trichotomy: I vote number 1 for sure. That's way cool looking!

I hope no one gets discouraged if they don't get a response to their posts on this thread. This thread is out of control! I missed a day and had about 10 pages to catch up on!:shock:

I agree with Moe that we need to have a cutoff for the official list, probably the 8th. Anyone can still make buttons but if we expect Moe to create a nice checksheet, we need to give him the time he needs.

MR.T on
This discussion has been closed.