Options

Are you there, God? It's me, [Democratic Primaries]

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Okay, but again, that's not the key flub.

You're saying it's lousy as it is.

I'm saying that if it said 'NOT be taken for "public purpose"', it'd be even worse.

Er...no. The correct terminology of the non-stupid position would be something like "Not for 'public purpose', only for 'public use'". The problem with extending the interpretation of the amendment to "public purpose" in the manner they did in that case is, as O'Connor put it, that in effect they were crossing out the words "public use" from the Constitution. Like this:

No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken [strike]for public use,[/strike] without just compensation.

Bush has already shat enough on this Amendment, I'm not thrilled that SCOTUS decided to join in the fun with the help of a podunk local government.

I would like to hear Obama's position on this.

Savant on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    "Public purpose" != "public use". Public purpose is more general, and refers in the case to not just the government taking property for its use, but also for transferring it to another private party on the grounds of economic expansion and increased tax returns. The decision in Kelo was, pardon my French, fucking stupid, but McCain isn't helping himself here.
    We've been doing this for decades, if not centuries. The only reason Kelo was a big deal was because it was happening to a rich dude instead of happening to poor people, like it does 99% of the time.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    What really gets me about the Muslim claims is that my mouth's not capable of saying "He's not a Muslim!" and "Why would it even matter!?" at the same time. I feel like I should go with "not a Muslim" first, but then it feels like I'm agreeing with the part about being Muslim being a bad thing. And if I go the other way then it sounds like agreement that he is a Muslim.

Also, not that I've ever had any political plans, but man, it infuriates me that I could never become President because I'm not a Christian, let alone a Protestant. Fuck you and your lies, first grade teachers!

Just make a recording of yourself saying both those things, then overlay them and train yourself to reproduce that waveform.

Or just carry that clip around on one of those pocket recorder things.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Ninety_percent_in_WV.html
    Ninety percent in WV?

Bill Clinton recently pressed West Virginia voters to give Hillary 80% there, and introducing Hillary at an event in Logan, WV, my colleague Ken Vogel writes, State Senate majority leader Harry Truman Chafin raised the stakes further:

“You think this crowd’s noisy. Just wait til we win like 80-20," he said. “We’ve got to give her a vote tomorrow of 80-20 or 90-10. Let’s get the national media’s attention."

The problem here for Hillary is that superdelegates have shown themselves unlikely to back her in response to an argument based, in part, on voters' bigotry -- even if that, clearly one fact among many in play in West Virginia, is a real obstacle to his winning the White House.

It's not possible for Clinton to get 80% of the vote... right?

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    KevinNashKevinNash Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    "Public purpose" != "public use". Public purpose is more general, and refers in the case to not just the government taking property for its use, but also for transferring it to another private party on the grounds of economic expansion and increased tax returns. The decision in Kelo was, pardon my French, fucking stupid, but McCain isn't helping himself here.
    We've been doing this for decades, if not centuries. The only reason Kelo was a big deal was because it was happening to a rich dude instead of happening to poor people, like it does 99% of the time.

I thought Kelo deserved the distinction of being different because they wanted to turn the property into an Ikea instead of a freeway.

You're right about the poor geting fucked regarding eminent domain but I think the Kelo decision was the first time they took said property and didn't turn it into a park or freeway or some "public" place but rather handed it to a private developer.

KevinNash on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    KevinNash wrote: »
    I thought Kelo deserved the distinction of being different because they wanted to turn the property into an Ikea instead of a freeway.

You're right about the poor geting fucked regarding eminent domain but I think the Kelo decision was the first time they took said property and didn't turn it into a park or freeway or some "public" place but rather handed it to a private developer.
    IIRC, Shinto looked into it, and the developer was about as private as Fannie Mae. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What really gets me about the Muslim claims is that my mouth's not capable of saying "He's not a Muslim!" and "Why would it even matter!?" at the same time. I feel like I should go with "not a Muslim" first, but then it feels like I'm agreeing with the part about being Muslim being a bad thing. And if I go the other way then it sounds like agreement that he is a Muslim.

Also, not that I've ever had any political plans, but man, it infuriates me that I could never become President because I'm not a Christian, let alone a Protestant. Fuck you and your lies, first grade teachers!

Just make a recording of yourself saying both those things, then overlay them and train yourself to reproduce that waveform.

The wording I like to use is "Even if he were, why would it matter?" (Alternatively, and less often, I go with 'I think you're referring to Keith Ellison', which at least might send them to do a little research before making the accusation again.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love the Obama campaign:
    "Wouldn't taking [Karl Rove's] advice be a little like getting health tips from a funeral home director?" -

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sal wrote: »
    Ninety percent in WV?

Bill Clinton recently pressed West Virginia voters to give Hillary 80% there, and introducing Hillary at an event in Logan, WV, my colleague Ken Vogel writes, State Senate majority leader Harry Truman Chafin raised the stakes further:

“You think this crowd’s noisy. Just wait til we win like 80-20," he said. “We’ve got to give her a vote tomorrow of 80-20 or 90-10. Let’s get the national media’s attention."

The problem here for Hillary is that superdelegates have shown themselves unlikely to back her in response to an argument based, in part, on voters' bigotry -- even if that, clearly one fact among many in play in West Virginia, is a real obstacle to his winning the White House.

Speaking as a man who once spent an entire summer working for a steel company in Weirton, WV all I can say is, "Yes she can." Prepare yourself for the MSM to backtrack and whip out the old comeback kid angle Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. The fact that Barak is not even campaigning or advertising there ensures that the yokels will come out in force for Hillary to punish him for ignoring their wonderful state.

Roanth on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What kind of turnout has West Virginia seen with earlier primaries?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So Obama's got something up his sleeve regarding Michigan. There was a sudden announcement this morning that Barack's coming to give a speech at the arena here in Grand Rapids on Wednesday evening and another one over in Monroe County (Detroitish).

Obama in my hometown? I am so there. :D

Bitstream on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Roanth wrote: »
    Ninety percent in WV?

Speaking as a man who once spent an entire summer working for a steel company in Weirton, WV all I can say is, "Yes she can." Prepare yourself for the MSM to backtrack and whip out the old comeback kid angle Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. The fact that Barak is not even campaigning or advertising there ensures that the yokels will come out in force for Hillary to punish him for ignoring their wonderful state.

Why isn't he?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Um, Barack was in WV today. But seriously, he's pretty much conceded the state. Hell, he conceded it way back before Super Tuesday.

Also, this is a cool article about Obama's voter registration initiative and how new voters may change the electoral map. http://progressillinois.com/2008/05/11/features/obama-over-the-top

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ninety percent in WV?

Why isn't he?

He's in West Virginia today, actually. Hitting McCain on not supporting Webb's new GI bill.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Okay, but again, that's not the key flub.

You're saying it's lousy as it is.

I'm saying that if it said 'NOT be taken for "public purpose"', it'd be even worse.

Er...no. The correct terminology of the non-stupid position would be something like "Not for 'public purpose', only for 'public use'". The problem with extending the interpretation of the amendment to "public purpose" in the manner they did in that case is, as O'Connor put it, that in effect they were crossing out the words "public use" from the Constitution. Like this:

No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken [strike]for public use,[/strike] without just compensation.

Bush has already shat enough on this Amendment, I'm not thrilled that SCOTUS decided to join in the fun with the help of a podunk local government.

I would like to hear Obama's position on this.

Again:
    There is hardly a clearer principle in all the Constitution than the right of private property. There is a very clear standard in the Constitution requiring not only just compensation in the use of eminent domain, but also that private property may NOT be taken for "public use." But apparently that standard has been "evolving" too.

He might be trying to argue alongside your position, as far as use vs. the broader purpose, but the wording he's using implies 'no taking for public use' (and thus no broader purpose), while the Constitution says 'only for public use'.

In other words, he said 'it's required not only that we give you compensation for taking your stuff, but that we cannot take your stuff and give it to the public'. Not only is that wrong, but it's exactly what he wasn't trying to say, as you noted--he didn't agree with the court giving it to a private company to manage.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    MCain's being pretty vague there is all I know

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, finally, someone put forward a Secretary of Energy candidate, who also happens to have one of the best names ever.

Dim the lights, put on some Barry White, and get ready to go all night with Amory Lovins.

(I also got a brand new truckload of VP names to sift through, pushing the number on my master list to 38. New arrivals include Bob Casey, Ted Strickland, Tom Daschle, Brian Schweitzer, David Boren, William J. Fallon, Sam Nunn, Norman Schwarzkopf, and Charlie Crist. Yeah, we are running out of names here.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Oh, finally, someone put forward a Secretary of Energy candidate, who also happens to have one of the best names ever.

Dim the lights, put on some Barry White, and get ready to go all night with Amory Lovins.

(I also got a brand new truckload of VP names to sift through, pushing the number on my master list to 38. New arrivals include Bob Casey, Ted Strickland, Tom Daschle, Brian Schweitzer, David Boren, William J. Fallon, Sam Nunn, Norman Schwarzkopf, and Charlie Crist. Yeah, we are running out of names here.)

Good lord, some of those names are terrible. Strickland? Seriously?

Schwarzkopf? If it was 92, 96 maybe.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

The wording I like to use is "Even if he were, why would it matter?" (Alternatively, and less often, I go with 'I think you're referring to Keith Ellison', which at least might send them to do a little research before making the accusation again.)

Ah yes, the man I want to be president (he came up with the tern "Gonzalez-itis," which is the only thing I can think of as a reason to be entitled the presidency).

Sorry I've been AWOL lately, but I did make a pretty popular entry on TPM.

And what do you mean Fallon is new? I came up w/ it ages ago.
    Or do you mean on a list of people who seem to actually be under consideration? That would be awesome.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Has my name come up for Secretary of HUD? I couldn't do any worse than the jackass who just finally resigned.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ninety percent in WV?

Why isn't he?

He's in West Virginia today, actually. Hitting McCain on not supporting Webb's new GI bill.

Huh, I heard on Potus 08 today (XM Radio) that he wasn't campaigning there and didn't have any ads running. I am sure the logic is that no matter what he does he is going to lose big (because West Virginia is an abomination of a state and should be glassed even before Ohio), so the best way to minimize the damage is to marginalize the state. I would preferred if he had just issued an announcement that said something like:

I have elected to ignore West Virginia entirely because if I truly need the support of its horrid denizens to become president I would rather pass on the job. Fuck you shithole of America.

Roanth on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That's the worst message ever to send to any constituents anywhere.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just names I personally have heard. I'm at the point where I must spoiler for huge, and have decided to alphabetize by state for ease of reading:
    Janet Napolitano, Arizona
    Wesley Clark, Arkansas
    Nancy Pelosi, California
    Tony Villargairosa, California
    Christopher Dodd, Connecticut
    Joseph Cirincione, DC
    Joe Biden, Delaware
    Charlie Crist, Florida
    Bill Nelson, Florida
    Sam Nunn, Georgia
    Evan Bayh, Indiana
    Richard Lugar, Indiana
    Kathleen Sabelius, Kansas
    Drew Gilpin Faust, Massachusetts
    Dick Gephardt, Missouri
    Claire McCaskill, Missouri
    Max Baucus, Montana
    Brian Schweitzer, Montana
    Chuck Hagel, Nebraska
    William J. Fallon, New Jersey
    Norman Schwarzkopf, New Jersey
    Bill Richardson, New Mexico
    Michael Bloomberg, New York
    Colin Powell, New York
    John Edwards, North Carolina
    Dennis Kucinich, Ohio
    Ted Strickland, Ohio
    David Boren, Oklahoma
    Bob Casey, Pennsylvania
    Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
    Tom Daschle, South Dakota
    Al Gore, Tennessee
    Ron Paul, Texas
    Tim Kaine, Virginia
    Jim Webb, Virginia
    Mark Warner, Virginia
    Anthony Zinni, Virginia
    Russ Feingold, Wisconsin

Gosling on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He has effectively ceded the state. You still have to go have some chicken dinners when that's the case, you just don't put up much of an ad presence or hold a lot of important things in it. He's doing what Hillary should have done in South Carolina.

moniker on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Speaking as someone who lived in West Virginia for 4 years, it's a state we can easily do without.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    That's the worst message ever to send to any constituents anywhere.

Generally I agree but WV is a special case. See the post above me. Have you ever been?

Roanth on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ninety percent in WV?

Why isn't he?

Huh, I heard on Potus 08 today (XM Radio) that he wasn't campaigning there and didn't have any ads running. I am sure the logic is that no matter what he does he is going to lose big (because West Virginia is an abomination of a state and should be glassed even before Ohio), so the best way to minimize the damage is to marginalize the state.

Welcome, fellow XMer.

I love POTUS (well...'love' is maybe too strong, but while I treated it as a joke at first, it's been getting heavy rotation the last few months).

The only drawback is that, on primary days, they don't seem to have any live coverage until the next day (and MSNBC/Fox don't put their news channels up on the online radio, what's up with that. :/)

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://www.hillaryclinton.com/video/182.aspx

So, I'm guessing that whoever it is that made that video for Clinton hasn't been payed in a while.

Somebody noticed that the headline "Obama attacks Clinton's gas tax plan" is actually on top of an article about Troopergate. And if you look in the background of that shot in the video, there's one screen talking about Obama's plan to tax oil companies (the video says he doesn't have a plan) and the quote "Clinton aides admit it won't do much for you."

That's awesome.

Screnncap: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=5930322&mesg_id=5934099

Original Article:
    http://journals.democraticunderground.com/berni_mccoy/321

Tarantio on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The GOP has a new slogan - "The Change You Deserve".

Except, it seems that their new slogan is taken - by an anti-anxiety drug.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Just names I personally have heard. I'm at the point where I must spoiler for huge, and have decided to alphabetize by state for ease of reading:
    Wesley Clark, Arkansas
    Nancy Pelosi, California
    Tony Villargairosa, California Corrupt son of a bitch
    Joseph Cirincione, DC
    Joe Biden, Delaware
    Charlie Crist, Florida Hahahaha
    Bill Nelson, Florida Lame ass Blue Dog
    Sam Nunn, Georgia Same
    Evan Bayh, Indiana Would stab you in the back for a quarter
    Richard Lugar, Indiana Republican
    Dick Gephardt, Missouri
    Max Baucus, Montana
    Brian Schweitzer, Montana Needs to keep building the Dems in Montana
    Chuck Hagel, Nebraska
    Norman Schwarzkopf, New Jersey Republican, as far as I know
    Michael Bloomberg, New York Stop raising money for Republicans.
    Colin Powell, New York Iraq'd
    Dennis Kucinich, Ohio Vote Gnome '08? No
    Ted Strickland, Ohio
    David Boren, Oklahoma
    Bob Casey, Pennsylvania anti-choice is not the way to go when trying to win back women
    Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
    Al Gore, Tennessee
    Ron Paul, Texas self explanatory
    Tim Kaine, Virginia
    Jim Webb, Virginia
    Mark Warner, Virginia
    Anthony Zinni, Virginia
    Russ Feingold, Wisconsin

Can we start purging names for stupid? I bolded the ones I'd suggest to remove, a few names I didn't recognize I ignored.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    They should just steal "Change You Can Xerox" from Hillary. Seriously, if you're trying to crib the Change message from Obama, you're going to fucking lose.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

With the last 8 years in mind, that slogan sounds really creepy.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hoz wrote: »

Accurate though, if the voters choose McCain.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wesley Clark, Arkansas
    Nancy Pelosi, California
    Joseph Cirincione, DC
    Joe Biden, Delaware
    Sam Nunn, Georgia Same
    Dick Gephardt, Missouri
    Max Baucus, Montana
    Chuck Hagel, Nebraska
    Ted Strickland, Ohio
    David Boren, Oklahoma
    Bob Casey, Pennsylvania anti-choice is not the way to go when trying to win back women
    Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
    Al Gore, Tennessee
    Tim Kaine, Virginia
    Jim Webb, Virginia
    Mark Warner, Virginia
    Anthony Zinni, Virginia
    Russ Feingold, Wisconsin

Can we start purging names for stupid? I bolded the ones I'd suggest to remove, a few names I didn't recognize I ignored.
    The fact that Richard Luger is a Republican shouldn't eliminate him.

He's a great fucking Senator, and I have nothing but respect for the guy. I would definitely prefer him to Hillary.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hoz wrote: »

Does it lend itself some sort of bizzaro Yakov Smirnoff jokes?

Savant on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wesley Clark, Arkansas
    Nancy Pelosi, California
    Joseph Cirincione, DC
    Joe Biden, Delaware
    Sam Nunn, Georgia Same
    Dick Gephardt, Missouri
    Max Baucus, Montana
    Chuck Hagel, Nebraska
    Ted Strickland, Ohio
    David Boren, Oklahoma
    Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
    Al Gore, Tennessee
    Tim Kaine, Virginia
    Jim Webb, Virginia
    Mark Warner, Virginia
    Anthony Zinni, Virginia
    Russ Feingold, Wisconsin

He's a great fucking Senator, and I have nothing but respect for the guy. I would definitely prefer him to Hillary.
    Cabinet post, sure (but not Defense), but the stupid "unity" ticket idea repulses me. I would have bolded Hillary if mtv hadn't chosen to ignore her.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh, a weird coincidental coda to our McCain/eminent domain tangent:

Coda: LA Times endorses me on 98 and 99. Pretty ballsy, considering their boss put down a lot of money in favor of 98:
    Op-Ed wrote:
    You wouldn't know from reading the ballot title and summary that Proposition 98 is an anti-rent-control measure, but that's become the primary focus of its financial backers, the vast majority of whom are landlords and rental property management companies. One of them is connected to The Times. Sam Zell is chairman and CEO of Tribune Co., which owns The Times; he also chairs Equity Lifestyle Properties Inc., which donated $50,000 to Proposition 98. The company owns 27 mobile home parks in California, many of them subject to rent control.

And they do note that both props suck in different ways, and that rent control needs to be discussed separately:
    Serious debate is due on rent control. Does it in fact keep housing affordable, or does it drive up the price by restricting the supply? Is it the renter's version of Proposition 13, keeping residential neighborhoods stable and housing costs predictable by limiting annual increases? Or does it unfairly transfer to private landowners the public responsibility to provide affordable housing?

tuxkamen on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Wesley Clark, Arkansas
    Nancy Pelosi, California
    Joseph Cirincione, DC
    Joe Biden, Delaware
    Sam Nunn, Georgia Same
    Dick Gephardt, Missouri
    Max Baucus, Montana
    Chuck Hagel, Nebraska
    Ted Strickland, Ohio
    David Boren, Oklahoma
    Ed Rendell, Pennsylvania
    Al Gore, Tennessee
    Tim Kaine, Virginia
    Jim Webb, Virginia
    Mark Warner, Virginia
    Anthony Zinni, Virginia
    Russ Feingold, Wisconsin

Cabinet post, sure (but not Defense), but the stupid "unity" ticket idea repulses me. I would have bolded Hillary if mtv hadn't chosen to ignore her.
    Would you like a list of Democrats who you didn't bold who he'd be better than? Gore, Edwards, Webb...

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aside from Hillary, I have no plans to eliminate anyone from the VP list. Hell, fairly soon CQ Politics is going to be tossing together a 32-man bracket of these people. (They're currently in the second round of trying to determine McCain's VP. If voting ended now, the quarterfinals would have Mike Huckabee vs. Mark Sanford, Tim Pawlenty vs. Kay Bailey Hutchison, Sarah Palin vs. Bobby Jindal, and Rob Portman vs. Charlie Crist.)

Gosling on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So has McCain released his medical records yet?

Hoz on
This discussion has been closed.